Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira (42487 Views)

FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime / $48b Forex Inflows, $45b Reserves Stabilise Naira / CBN, BDC Partnership Stabilise Naira Despite Campaign Spendings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by LZAA: 8:52am On Aug 21, 2023
LordAdam16:

🤦‍♂

That settles it. You're also incapable of basic comprehension.

Excerpts from the initial message you quoted.

If you cared to read and understand before jumping in my mention, you wouldn't be a major embarrassment right now.

We both supported Atiku in 2019. I supported GEJ in 2015. I supported Atiku this year, while you pitched your tent with Obi.

When Soludo floated this policy in 2007, I supported it, even though most stakeholders in the PDP railed against it. Not signing off on this proposition and the reversal of the sale of refineries were Yar'Adua's biggest howlers.

Today, everyone accepts the latter was a blunder. But at the time, most Nigerians listened to the clowns who called it crony capitalism to sell unproductive assets. Heck, as recently as 2019 when Atiku voiced his intention to sell the refineries, it was mocked as a glaring attempt to "mortgage and sell the nation's assets on the cheap to his acolytes".

Ditto with subsidy. Nigerians will change their tune on redenomination, but only when we're in an even worse fiscal position, and one or two zeros has been added in the FX rate. For now, armchair economists like yourself can continue your delusion.

-Lord
Man oh man
Whatever floats your boat🚶🚶
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by godofuck231: 8:56am On Aug 21, 2023
Ever sine bubu the dunce decided that the nigerian federal government has no business in business, thats when he sold out the nigerian companies and the highest employer of labour became a bleeding vaginna that just wouldn't stop , plus the only producing parts of the economy became illegal and the borders , illegal refineries , mining and trans boarder food and car trade was murdered , if you must rule or govern, there is government on ground and there is government underground
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by bigiyaro(m): 11:37am On Aug 21, 2023
pocom35:

Easy for you to say .

How exactly do you want government to revamp local production..goes government own all the industries? And can they just give a matching order for all industry to revamp?

Most of what Nigerians import are essential in various degrees.. except there are substitute created by local industries..imports will continue..and as much as Nigerians will continue to despise local produce like rice for example and love the foreign ones.. people will continue to import it..

Crude oil theft is highly sophisticated..however the most effective approach is the one buhari put out by awarding contract to miscreants..that has resulted in more arrest in less than a year compared to the arrest made by the navy in 4 years ..

The oil companies are the crooks behind cause account of oil sales ..they are falsified by their Ogas and will be difficult to fight
oga, I don't understand what you are saying, but there is nothing the government, especially the FG will set out to achieve, with sincerity that it will not achive.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by tachia406: 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2023
obyno82:

How? You guys are so pathetic even with the trial-and-error games he has been doing that has sunk the economy down at a very fast rate you are still saying BS. You guys need to be woken up every morning, tied to the nearest NEPA pole or a tree and flogged till you have sense.

Your nightmare for presidency is no sense. No candidate was and is better for the job now than PBAT I insist.

Obi would have caught up in northern conspiracy and the fury of Jagaban laced with Biafra agitation. The next thing you see would have been a free for all struggle in all sectors. The subsidy removal PBAT is tactically forcing it on our faces now would have failed with Obi leading into chaos.

Wishes can never be horses. Pained as you are, you must live with the reality that President Bola Ahmad Tinubu is the best one for the job now. All human factors sabotaging his government will get tired and chill soon.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by tachia406: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
jmoore:

Selfdeceit is delusion. Even Buhari is better than Tinubu. Just 2 months plus and the economy is choking.

By your analysis, two months is enough for you to compare Tinubu administration with an eight year administration? All that you see about the economy now are ripples from subsidy removal. Everything go soon settle
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by yemi1504: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
dre11:
• Economic team moves to table plan before President –Source

• It’s ill-timed, doesn’t address problem of rising inflation or depreciation of currency –Prof Uwaleke

• Only fresh injection of FX, extra revenues can check Naira’s fall –Idakolo

https://newtelegraphng.com/fg-mulls-redenomination-option-to-stabilise-naira/

Very bad thoughts! These guys are thoughtless, through and through! We warned sha that Ojuyobo has nothing to offer, but Nigerians decided to die with APC SMH.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by yemi1504: 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
SpatialKing:
Hope you guys are seeing that Tinubu is empty upstairs...

Abi o! Person wey dey dey always lousy like am, no dey get anything upstairs most times.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by obyno82: 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
tachia406:

Your nightmare for presidency is no sense. No candidate was and is better for the job now than PBAT I insist.

Obi would have caught up in northern conspiracy and the fury of Jagaban laced with Biafra agitation. The next thing you see would have been a free for all struggle in all sectors. The subsidy removal PBAT is tactically forcing it on our faces now would have failed with Obi leading into chaos.

Wishes can never be horses. Pained as you are, you must live with the reality that President Bola Ahmad Tinubu is the best one for the job now. All human factors sabotaging his government will get tired and chill soon.

Once again you need to be woken up every morning, tied to a NEPA pole or a tree and flogged till you have sense. Fury of Jagaban ko Fura de nunu ni
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by Fredge(m): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Redominating will not stop that. You forget money is essentially a store of value. What redominating simply does is to turn 1000 in your pocket to 100. Are you better off that way or worse off? It's deflation pro max.
What needs to be done is simple. From Buhari to Tinubu simply lack the balls to take it head on.
Without that, any other thing is cosmetic and will always backfire

Please, what are you proposing as the solution? What needs to be done?

Will it reverse the continuous depreciation of the Naira and cause it to appreciate to like N100 to $1?
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by Kukutente23: 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2023
Fredge:

Please, what are you proposing as the solution? What needs to be done?

Will it reverse the continuous depreciation of the Naira and cause it to appreciate to like N100 to $1?
The solution is/ are simple.
1. On the fiscal side, we need to stop the dollarisation of our economy. We transact in dollars too much even for some local business. The problem is most of the culprits are the high and mighty. Will they be ready to do that? Most of our politicians receive their estacode and travelling allowance in dollars.
2. On the monetary side, we need to bring the BDC under stricter regulation. That's because most of them are involved in hoarding and sharp practices that undermine the naira. Also, again, our elites have stored so much of their wealth in foreign currency. Some of these monies are lying in drawers, pillow, septic tanks and even dom accounts.
3. Most importantly, we need to earn more forex by concentrating on areas we have comparative advantage, and ensure we stimulate productivity in those areas. For example, we have a lot of sugarcane and our middle belt is very fertile for sugarcane. We can start producing different kinds of sugar for export. But it has to be by conscious effort from govt because most of our farmers don't have the wherewithal to make these things happen. Every country that has developed in the world has expanded and enhanced its area of strength. Only countries like Nigeria drill crude for export, then import diesel, kerosene, petrol, jet fuel etc. It's madness. We need to get our refineries working.
Any serious govt that does all these can get our currency issues resolved in 3 to 6 months.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by Seun(m): 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2023
Redenomination is a license to print more money. If $ goes from N1000 to N1500, people will scream. If it goes from N1 to N1.5, people may scream less, though it's EXACTLY the same thing, allowing you to continue to debase your currency. SACK the "experts" who suggested this 💩.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by UnfairLife7(m): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lanretoye:
mumu will always support another mumu,u that have sense admitting that 90% of Nigerians live below one dollar per day and you are among them.it is your level of madness to think 50% of Nigerians earn the said minimum wage as if every body is a civil servant.
Mr Emilokan how many percentage are unemployed from the latest ranking? Those who are gainfully employed how many can afford 3 square meal daily? Did you know less than 5% of Nigerians has 500k in their bank account? How many states are even paying the meagre 30k minimum wage?

You think we're referring to only civil servant when we say Nigeria minimum wage is 30k?

I'm yet to see any reasonable person supporting the old frail Emilokan
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by tachia406: 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
You will soon heal. Pain heals in a matter of time. Pained fellow, cry a river but your President remains Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for the next eight years and nothing you can do about it.
obyno82:

Once again you need to be woken up every morning, tied to a NEPA pole or a tree and flogged till you have sense. Fury of Jagaban ko Fura de nunu ni
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by Seun(m): 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
Please stay on the topic to avoid getting banned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by obyno82: 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
tachia406:
You will soon heal. Pain heals in a matter of time. Pained fellow, cry a river but your President remains Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for the next eight years and nothing you can do about it.

Bros i am not pained i am only sad that we have dingbats like you still in existence. You need flogging walahi to have sense
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by Lanretoye(m): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Mr Emilokan how many percentage are unemployed from the latest ranking? Those who are gainfully employed how many can afford 3 square meal daily? Did you know less than 5% of Nigerians has 500k in their bank account? How many states are even paying the meagre 30k minimum wage?

You think we're referring to only civil servant when we say Nigeria minimum wage is 30k?

I'm yet to see any reasonable person supporting the old frail Emilokan
its whose problem that you are not creative and always waiting for government to do every thing for you.when u see a shameless adult lamenting about 3 square meal per day and he us proud to say that when other youths are hustling and making money legitimately.u are just shameless, stay there,government will come and give u food.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by UnfairLife7(m): 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lanretoye:
its whose problem that you are not creative and always waiting for government to do every thing for you.
Mr Emilokan

Creative with power epileptic?
Creative with insecurity?
Creative with hyperinflation?
Creative with weak currency?

Creative with some set of political office holder who could hardly string two words together to make a sentence?
Keep defending those who had stolen your future and that of your unborn kids. What is happening in Niger republic will be a child's play of what will happen in Nigeria

Don't worry
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by tachia406: 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2023
How much sense do you have for yourself? You're a real definition of nonsense. What is more deadly about you is that you are foolish and you don't even know. If they flogged you to have sense, you have not completed the dosage. Do yourself a favour before you turn to me. Pained soulless.
obyno82:

Bros i am not pained i am only sad that we have dingbats like you still in existence. You need flogging walahi to have sense
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by obyno82: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2023
tachia406:
How much sense do you have for yourself? You're a real definition of nonsense. What is more deadly about you is that you are foolish and you don't even know. If they flogged you to have sense, you have not completed the dosage. Do yourself a favour before you turn to me. Pained soulless.

Dude you will soon be flogged so that you will have common sense.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by tachia406: 9:44am On Aug 22, 2023
Go ahead and flog your goddam ass and get yourself one before you think of me.
obyno82:

Dude you will soon be flogged so that you will have common sense.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by obyno82: 11:59am On Aug 22, 2023
tachia406:
Go ahead and flog your goddam ass and get yourself one before you think of me.

Better flogging that is what you need to reset your brains.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by tachia406: 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Typical of Biafra. Killing themselves maybe to get sense?
obyno82:

Better flogging that is what you need to reset your brains.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by obyno82: 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
tachia406:
Typical of Biafra. Killing themselves maybe to get sense?

Oga you need to be flogged so that you would have sense.
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by tachia406: 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
See as e pain you reach abi? You even dey my area. Jagaban till next 8years.
obyno82:

The people that would flog you are in your area, when hardship bites and you make the error of publicly supporting APC then you will be flogged very well
Re: FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira by obyno82: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
tachia406:
See as e pain you reach abi? You even dey my area. Jagaban till next 8years.

They will definitely flog you very well for that 8 years. na you i dey pity when hardship dey hit people you would now be shouting jagaban whether they will not beat craze out of your head.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production / Recommend A Side Hustle For Me / Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.