Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? (24522 Views)

Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Obyangel: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
I remembered the first time of running tests (general test including HIV/AIDS), na God saved me. Live right, live wise and remain healthy is my new code.
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Soccrates: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
sad

HIV aids is not a death sentence,there are lots of drugs or supplements that can help one cure it but most big pharma companies won't want you to know so as not to spoil their antiretriovital drugs market.

One of such supplements that can cure it is collidal silver,it helps to clean and purify your blood, reactive dead blood cells and also helps starve the hiv virus in the body of oxygen.With this the virus can become undetectable by a standard test.

I know lots of people that got cured from this.
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by omooba969(m): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
Is this your HIV result ?

Is your partner positive?
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Exceed15: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:
I have done about two tests within the window periods..the first was 3weeks after exposure then the other one I did was 10weeks after the exposure but all came out negative..but the lab scientist told me I have to come back for a confirmatory test in three months time and that should be next month...i don't know the chances of it still going to show negative...fear wants to kill me here πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ

Calm down bro. Pray it ends negative afterwards becareful how you play around.

2 Likes

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by ObiaboAdoka(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:

we just met and had unprotected sex..i barely know her

U barely know her nd u just knack her raw?
My guy, u d gamble ur life ooo. Best of luck.
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:
Please how accurate can hiv test detect hiv within 10weeks of exposure...i have done two lab tests one at 3weeks after exposure then the other was at 10weeks after exposure.. cry
So in a nutshell, your HIV positive. Am I right??
Assuming you know what PEP and PrEP is, it would have helped you prevent it. PrEP is taking before exposure while PEP is taking within 3 days after exposure. Una get mind dey do raw for this generation wey diseases full everywhere. 😳😳😳
I am lab Technician and I can tell you for free that most people don't know that they have diseases in them because many of those diseases don't show symptoms immediately after exposure until when your immune system become overwhelmed.

2 Likes

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by emerged01(m): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:
I have done about two tests within the window periods..the first was 3weeks after exposure then the other one I did was 10weeks after the exposure but all came out negative..but the lab scientist told me I have to come back for a confirmatory test in three months time and that should be next month...i don't know the chances of it still going to show negative...fear wants to kill me here πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ
Lol! Even Anxiety go give you all the symptoms of HIV. Bro,you no get HIV.

4 Likes

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by SimpleDan3: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2023
5minutes pleasure giving 3 months lack of peace of the mind.

8 Likes

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Octopusssy(f): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:

Hian...

This essentially sums up this present generation.

1 Like

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by omooba969(m): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:

I think you're good, except you were exposed at a brothel, maybe that's why you're worried. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Knight1210(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
If you were exposed why didn't you go to the hospital to be given Post- Exposure- prophylaxis (PEP)? Instead of wasting your time and risking the real infection

1 Like

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by GOSPELTRUTH31: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:

Are you testing wishing to test positive?
If yes
Good luck...

If No why bring this on social media?

2 Likes

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Aldol: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:
Doing raw at this time where many ladies out there are walking dead. You F up big time
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Gentew(m): 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
Hezzyluv:

How the thing dey tantalizing reach wey make you forgot ur raincoat

I'm in thesame shoe bro.... I have only one CD left at home and the CD got damaged during the action..... I had no choice than to continue the match unprotected.

Fear of HIV is killing me everyday.

5 Likes

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by uche08(m): 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:

You guys should stop taking life threatening risk for goodness sake.
It's suicidal to have unprotected sex with someone that's not ur wife/husband. Now, short time pleasure is costing u many days of sleepless and uncertainty.
Well, I wish u well, so long u washed urself with soap and water and urinate immidetery after the sex exercise, chances of getting it is low. If not, make up ur mind.

1 Like

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Aareakinwunmi(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
30 days upward
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Juanmike(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
Una still dey get erection for this Bulaba periods?
Tilumbu people sexing on an empty stomach Tufia
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Henix(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:

Then what were you thinking when you were knack!ng her raw?

1 Like

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Neddstark: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:

Move on. You don't have it
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Adesina18111(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
Baadd booyyy...u are a bad boi grin grin grin

HeartlessMan:
Do another test.
Keep doing until it's positive.

1 Like

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by yinkeys(m): 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:
Please how accurate can hiv test detect hiv within 10weeks of exposure...i have done two lab tests one at 3weeks after exposure then the other was at 10weeks after exposure.. cry
Inaccurate until a year
Spinal tap is what’d reveal everything instantly
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Adesina18111(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
SEBI ur body go touch ground when u don see wetin u dey find... continue until u see positive result bro grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Henix(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
uche08:

You guys should stop taking life threatening risk for goodness sake.
It's suicidal to have unprotected sex with someone that's not ur wife/husband. Now, short time pleasure is costing u many days of sleepless and uncertainty.
Well, I wish u well, so long u washed urself with soap and water and urinate immidetery after the sex exercise, chances of getting it is low. If not, make up ur mind.

Quack
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by jmoore(m): 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ndi body no be firewood. See as fornication dey give you high bp.

3 Likes

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by Hezzyluv: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
Gentew:

I'm in thesame shoe bro.... I have only one CD left at home and the CD got damaged during the action..... I had no choice than to continue the match unprotected.

Fear of HIV is killing me everyday.
Take the bull by the horns. Just go n know your status (HIV).
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by perryy(m): 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
Keep testing till it shows positive,then start ARV. Good luck.
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by EthanSly: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
Na mumu the fear HIV..

You had unprotected sex and you want to make sure you see positive before u rest..

May you find that which you earnestly seek

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by AnietiePictures: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
If you do a test and it gives you negative,most probably it will be done with a test strip, you need to abstain from sex for 3months and repeat the test for confirmation as this will bar all conditions including window period.
If you are married, you can involve your partner for the test and if it's negative, give your self a rest, if positive the result must have been run with second and third line for confirmation and sometimes ELISA before coming out to declare you positive. If positive, cd 4 test will be conducted and monitored, you will be followed up and guided on how to live a healthy life then track for possible placement of drugs and surveillance for low cd4 and other HIV /Aids associated diseases.

1 Like

Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by sportivation(m): 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
See How Mummy Eno, NSPPDIANS Celebrated Pastor Jerry on his Birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_lw00lRG28

Pls kindly watch and subscribe
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:

You skin dive ashawo? shocked
Re: How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? by occfx: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
omejeb:

Are you doing experiment with hiv or something?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Proven Health Benefits Of Kissing / Toddler Branded Witch And Abandoned In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / Coronavirus: 18 Staff Of Akwa Ibom Government Test Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.