Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? (30912 Views)

Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) / 15 Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars. / How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Ijaya123: 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2023
fineboynl:
This shouldn’t cause fuel consumption. The upper side before oxygen senser or catalyst would cause high fuel usage.

Catalytic converter has nothing to do with fuel consumption but to convert harmful fumes to more environmental friendly substances.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by talented321: 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2023
Sometimes' Yes...
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Macdeey: 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2023
christoranky:
I bought 20k fuel just from mile2 to Ikorodu and back to mile2 again.... Before I know it, my tank Don empty.
For Sure ! No doubt about it cool cool cool
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by adioolayi(m): 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2023
That's about 35Litres...

Something significant is wrong with your vehicle
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by nihinlade(m): 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2023
When the exhaust of any engine is bad. Be it vehicle or even generator engine, it will consume fuel. I have experienced it with both my car and my generator before.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by McLizbae: 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Yes. That is bad for your fuel economy!
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
christoranky:
I bought 20k fuel just from mile2 to Ikorodu and back to mile2 again.... Before I know it, my tank Don empty.

It’s part of the cause .

Also,is it v6 you use or v4?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2023
NwaNimo1:
Maybe.....

This man. How you Dey use post the gif on NL?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Johnchrix(m): 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
Yes it could, also u to run servicing on your engine.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by ppogba: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2023
A leaky exhaust pipe is a SURE reason for higher than normal fuel consumption. QED.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by ppogba: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2023
talented321:
Sometimes' Yes...

All of the times. Yes.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Dejijossy(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2023
Your 20k fuel is equivalent to 6k fuel before the increment. Assess your consumption in litres not on cost.

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Sultty(m): 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2023
christoranky:
apart from that op what kind of vehicle are u using? That's also important because for that to happen u must drive nothing smaller than a 6 tyre tipper
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by onlyboyson(m): 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
I would have help but the no get car

Wait lemme ask the mechanic on naira land
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by EPIJOE: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2023
The fuel we buy nowadays are mixed , it evaporates easily. It seems adulterated. Even small car owners of 1.6 liters engine are complaining..

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by abidemidare: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
U didn't indicate the type of vehicle and engine size.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Okeatu(m): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2023
Yeso. Is contributing greatly
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by blowjohn(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
People dey thief fuel now o.
U sure say u no park ur car somewhere go poop for bush?

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by fineboynl(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ijaya123:

Catalytic converter has nothing to do with fuel consumption but to convert harmful fumes to more environmental friendly substances.
from the front end it will have air oxygen enter the engine as back pressure.

But from the tail end the air might not reach the engine. Th pictures if from the tail end.

It might affect fuel economy but i am not sure of that. So he better fix it and come back to give us a review
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Thomthom(m): 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2023
20k gone like that nawaoo

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by finallybusy: 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
I don’t understand. What is in the picture? This topic makes no sense. The Nigerian school system failed the citizens.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by ShenTeh(m): 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2023
adioolayi:
That's about 35Litres...

Something significant is wrong with your vehicle

Or the fuel they sold to him.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by eteba(m): 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2023
christoranky:
Fix it first, then buy another 20k fuel and run on the exact distance.....then come back here and share your summation.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by ShenTeh(m): 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
christoranky:
The short answer is 'No'. Don't let everybody deceive you and advice on something they don't understand.

Even damaged/absent catalyst would only increase your consumption by less than 15%. For clarity, that's to say, where you'd ordinarily burn 10 liters you would be burning about 11 and half litres.

You need to troubleshoot this your fuel consumption very well but I believe you were short-changed at the pump.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Felaak47(m): 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
Is your car v6?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Felaak47(m): 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
That 20k fuel should take you for 260 km
christoranky:
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Shellsploit: 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
Try and dust your air filter
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Rinoxy: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
Lol.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Ofemmanu1: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
christoranky:

20k fuel is about 32liters and you've travelled over 100km.

So, what kinda vehicle are you driving?!

It's ain bad if you're driving big engine vehicle.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by HenryWilliams(m): 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
ppogba:
A leaky exhaust pipe is a SURE reason for higher than normal fuel consumption. QED.

If the leak is before the MAF or between the exhausted manifold and pre 02 sensor, yes fuel will drain.anything after that.. fuel consumption isn't affected.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by osayuwamwen(m): 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2023
Oga it does ooh if yr exhauste system have any leak it always have a negative effect on fuel, u use more fuel
nakirai:
I don't think the exhaust has anything to do with the fuel consumption. Problem should be from your carburettor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Car Thieves Gone Digital! / Mercedes Benz Showroom In Lagos Unveiled (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.