Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? (30915 Views)

Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) / 15 Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars. / How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by HenryWilliams(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Oga it does ooh if yr exhauste system have any leak it always have a negative effect on fuel, u use more fuel

Depends on location of the leak
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by ade4real2016: 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2023
If this portion is not around Manifold,l mean where Catalyst Converter is situated,ya should not have exhausted a 20K fuel... Alternatively,if this particular portion is left open like this coupled with no Catalyst Converter n tapered Fuel meter then ya will consume even more that that..
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by ppogba: 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2023
HenryWilliams:

If the leak is before the MAF or between the exhausted manifold and pre 02 sensor, yes fuel will drain.anything after that.. fuel consumption isn't affected.

Thank you Engineer.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Cdoki: 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
You should also b sure the fuel station meter, read accurate, before you draw you conclusions.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by akinsmyk(m): 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2023
That might be one of the cause. Do you have a catalyst? I just found out my car had no catalyst coz of the excessive consumption. Didn’t noticed when fuel was cheap but now I did. Went to check and it was confirmed that it has been stolen so I bought another.

Some would say catalyst has nothing to do with consumption, I use to think so too until I have the experience. Since I bought the catalyst, the consumption is now normal.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by fineboynl(m): 11:27pm On Aug 24, 2023
akinsmyk:
That might be one of the cause. Do you have a catalyst? I just found out my car had no catalyst coz of the excessive consumption. Didn’t noticed when fuel was cheap but now I did. Went to check and it was confirmed that it has been stolen so I bought another.

Some would say catalyst has nothing to do with consumption, I use to think so too until I have the experience. Since I bought the catalyst, the consumption is now normal.
how much you bought it? One what the improvement is like? If you consume 4l at a particular miles before. How many liters do you now use for the same distance?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by phemmyfour: 12:36am On Aug 25, 2023
fineboynl:
This shouldn’t cause fuel consumption. The upper side before oxygen senser or catalyst would cause high fuel usage.
It's no brainer, any leak in the length of the exhaust system will increase fuel consumption
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by maticar: 2:10am On Aug 25, 2023
fineboynl:
This shouldn’t cause fuel consumption. The upper side before oxygen senser or catalyst would cause high fuel usage.
What are you saying?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by koladata(m): 4:54am On Aug 25, 2023
check your catalyst too
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by NokiaN8(m): 5:01am On Aug 25, 2023
Mine has no catalyst, no oxygen sensor again. I decided to just fixed additional resonator making it three resonator, and the car sounds is cool and fuel consumption is the same as other cars.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by odimbannamdi(m): 6:51am On Aug 25, 2023
akinsmyk:

Which vehicle do you drive and how much did you buy the catalyst?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by franco3075q(m): 6:58am On Aug 25, 2023
christoranky:
I bought 20k fuel just from mile2 to Ikorodu and back to mile2 again.... Before I know it, my tank Don empty.
This is not the reason 4 fuel, check ur smoking sensor and injector nozzles
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by israelmao(m): 7:15am On Aug 25, 2023
Of course this could cause high rate of evaporation.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by shylle(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2023
The reason for your fuel consumption is simple mathematics sir.
We are all simply not mentally used to the new price, so we should focus on the quantity/liters.

Fuel used to be N165 per liter.
It is now N570.
So, N20,000 fuel today is actually N5,789 fuel we've been used to.
Both are the same 35liters.

(N165 / N570 x N20000 = N5,789)

Two months ago, you wouldn't complain about using 5k fuel to go from Mile 2 to Ikorodu and back. Infact, you'd hail your car as being fuel efficient.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by fineboynl(m): 11:33am On Aug 25, 2023
NokiaN8:
Mine has no catalyst, no oxygen sensor again. I decided to just fixed additional resonator making it three resonator, and the car sounds is cool and fuel consumption is the same as other cars.
can you share pic of what you dis?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by fineboynl(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2023
shylle:
The reason for your fuel consumption is simple mathematics sir.
We are all simply not mentally used to the new price, so we should focus on the quantity/liters.

Fuel used to be N165 per liter.
It is now N570.
So, N20,000 fuel today is actually N5,789 fuel we've been used to.
Both are the same 35liters.

(N165 / N570 x N20000 = N5,789)

Two months ago, you wouldn't complain about using 5k fuel to go from Mile 2 to Ikorodu and back. Infact, you'd hail your car as being fuel efficient.
other states are buying fuel upto 700. Una de enjoy for lagos.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by DanielsParker(m): 6:34am On Aug 26, 2023
fineboynl:
other states are buying fuel upto 700. Una de enjoy for lagos.

I buy 595 in Enugu
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by fineboynl(m): 7:49am On Aug 26, 2023
DanielsParker:

I buy 595 in Enugu
which station?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by DanielsParker(m): 8:20am On Aug 26, 2023
fineboynl:
which station?

Total , Nsukka
I stay in Nsukka btw.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by cardoctor(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Information on the age, make and model of this car would be helpful if you also indicate it here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Car Thieves Gone Digital! / Mercedes Benz Showroom In Lagos Unveiled (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.