Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons (45304 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools / Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! / All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by onadana: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
dopedan:
Already decided to give my children different musical instruments each to master, different sports to engage in and different skills to learn apart from their education, the next generation wont be funny if you have nothing to offer
Parents please learn from this, your child can be the next lebron james, messi, drake, ayra star, elon musk, Anthony Joshua, everything is not school school school

Most parents only want to get rid of the children for them to be free.I strongly believe holidays should not be for studies but for other endeavors that will add value to the life of the child.That is why my son is exceptional.He speaks French,plays the saxophone,reads,plays chess and scrabble very well, draws well, rides horse well and above all a wonderful talented footballer.There must be a balance between education and recreation.Above all he is a calm and wonderful 16year old who cleared his Waec.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Sixthsense2021: 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2023
Oduok:

Sending kids to holiday lessons makes no sense.

Most of you will make your kids go to school till they become useless. You took them to school at age 3 and abandon them there. During long vacation you still send them to school. To do what?

Can't you spend time to bond with your kids? What exactly are they going to achieve in school during vacation? Vacation lesson only favour school owners, not you. Allow kids rest for God's sake.

If you should engage kids during long vacation then teach them skills. Enrol your kids in centres that they can learn practical computer usage, coding, programming, painting and decoration, catering, musical instruments. Let them learn martial art, how to shot guns, how to wrestle. Teach them something beyond pure academics.

If a school should organize long vacation class then it should gear towards extra curricula activities - debate, modelling, music concert, science fair, mini project. How would you call kids back to school during holiday to learn Math, English, Chemistry, Social studies, accounting, by same teachers that taught them during school period. What is the difference? If these teachers knew what to teach why didn't they do it during normal school session.

Education is beyond memorizing facts. Give your kids opportunity to develop and be better prepare for life.

Oil dey your Head 🗣️

1 Like

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by toprealman: 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2023
Mindlog:

No child need holiday lesson.
Even Havard university still put together summer school to help students fix their deficiencies.
Some kids have learning deficiencies and that is the main purpose of extramural classes.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by ceejay80s(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
vengertime:
Back in the early 90s in Surulere, I would come back from school around 2pm rest for only 30min and then go to our teachers house for lessons from 4-6pm every day.

Long vacation is worse, we would go to lessons from 9am -1pm .

In the morning that I would want to watch morning cartoons on local stations.

After all that stress person still dey find job. Lost the one that I had in 2016 immediately APC started implementing killer economic policies that crippled Nigeria into recession
My 90s surulere mate, where did U grow up in surulere?
I represent karimu street near ojuelegba surulere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by IMASTEX: 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
Oduok:

I totally agree with your submission. Sadly most parents just dump their kids there, so they can have time for hustle. Some do because of wrong orientation, thinking they are brighting the child academically, etc.

1 Like

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by vengertime: 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
ceejay80s:

My 90s surulere mate, where did U grow up in surulere?
I represent karimu street near ojuelegba surulere

Mine is Ijesha, Victoria children school
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by NJV: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2023
Oduok:

Most of you will make your kids go to school till they become useless. You took them to school at age 3 and abandon them there. During long vacation you still send them to school. To do what?

Can't you spend time to bond with your kids? What exactly are they going to achieve in school during vacation? Vacation lesson only favour school owners, not you. Allow kids rest for God's sake.

If you should engage kids during long vacation then teach them skills. Enrol your kids in centres that they can learn practical computer usage, coding, programming, painting and decoration, catering, musical instruments. Let them learn martial art, how to shot guns, how to wrestle. Teach them something beyond pure academics.

If a school should organize long vacation class then it should gear towards extra curricula activities - debate, modelling, music concert, science fair, mini project. How would you call kids back to school during holiday to learn Math, English, Chemistry, Social studies, accounting, by same teachers that taught them during school period. What is the difference? If these teachers knew what to teach why didn't they do it during normal school session.

Education is beyond memorizing facts. Give your kids opportunity to develop and be better prepare for life.

Pls increase the volume!

Most parents patronize these holiday lessons just so they can have time for daily hustle. But they don't understand that it's counterproductive.

1 Like

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by ceejay80s(m): 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2023
vengertime:

Mine is Ijesha, Victoria children school
Surulere was the best and fun place to live 80s and 90s

2 Likes

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by FireUpNow(m): 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2023
Parents are failing in their duties in parenting and also falling into traps set by those teachers who are bent on making money through summer coaching. Let the kids play as playing is a part of child's development. Parents let the kids play. By playing they learn a lot

2 Likes

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by lonelydora: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2023
Oduok:

I don talk this same taya
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by afonja112: 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
which one be how to shoot guns sef?
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by damola1: 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
dkdmy:
Agreed! Most parents do it because they are busy!
Not easy to be a parent! How our parents raised 6 of us remains a mystery to me

Actually it is easier to raise a group of kids than 1. As the group have themselves to explore with
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by galadima77(m): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2023
Sprints3:
This does not change the fact education is a scam period. Am an educationist believe school na scam in fact western civilization is a scam.

I see you...been waiting.
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Bluffly: 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2023
Oduok:

I agree. But few hours could be created to focus on the weak subject before resumption

1 Like

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Sprints3: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
AndrewTate:
don't send your children to school then...
of course am working towards a project at the moment am going back to my village to stay. Grow my food and business. They don't need to go to school. I will teach them simple basics and principle of life. Mr man if I had this idea at 21 my child should be ready to get married. Heading towards 40 now no wife no pikin because I can't fully feed and cater 4 myself.
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by davidtemi(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2023
Oduok:

God bless u. I don tell my wife tire to stop taking my children to holiday coaching. Let their brains rest abeg

1 Like

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by spencekat(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2023
phayvoursky:
What does the average Nigerian parent know?

Everything na book… Skills are for the unsuccessful they said…
Lie,they don't see it like that any longer.Some send their kids to lessons so that they can 'rest'a bit.

1 Like

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Eriokanmi: 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
A good piece of advice for good parents. There are lesson apps which they can always take advantage of. I don't want to advertise any here. Google will assist.
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Kingson28: 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
If both parents work from 6AM to 6PM holiday lesson or vacation school is their saving grace.
I think it’s introduced particularly in Private School at the request of Parents, who needed a safe place to keep their wards until they come for them from their offices.
Children from homes where both parents have office jobs suffer greatly emotionally and psychologically growing up, as their parents are hardly present in their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by spencekat(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
davidtemi:

God bless u. I don tell my wife tire to stop taking my children to holiday coaching. Let their brains rest abeg
That does not mean that they should stay away from books during holidays.
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by adecz: 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
In fact, long vac should be for resting
and traveling to other parts of the
country even village, to bond with
relations or visit family friends for
2 to 3 weeks.

By September, they resume school refreshed
and ready for a new session.

Let children rest for God sake❗️❗️🙏🙏🙏
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Josephamstrong1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
It is you same parents that will complain of decline in your ward’s academics. You’ll then resort to paying huge amount for home tutors to tutor your kids😁
Holiday lessons isn’t compulsory for any child. School owners are in the business already and like a ministry or hospital, the school is always open for any issue. School management can’t decline an offer of nannig or tutoring a child during the long holiday from parents that wants their services. Some kids learn better when they’re on a better care and platform, and so...in preparation for the forthcoming academic session, that’s where schools prove themselves.
When you give birth to your own kids, pray they become academically sound, if not, like church ministries, you’ll carry your pikin change school tire. You think most parents that enroll their kids to summer lessons like it? They just want their kids not to be Olodo like them. You think they don’t have businesses their kids can get engaged with?
Leave others alone let them do what works for them. Some people earn from this holiday lessons, yet you cry that there’s no work in the country. It’s not compulsory!
The vocational skills and computer classes you made mention of, so you mean they don’t do all of that in GOOD schools? Can you with your China phones afford such schools? You want to expose your innocent kids to market world to learn what and what in a space of one month? Then what will he/she be doing with it when school resumes and lingers for another 3months? Oh, you that went to university, why didn’t you get a skill there as an adult and train yourself with it back then in the university? There’s time for everything!!! Don’t rush these kids, give them what’s related within their school curriculum. Good schools practice these things during school sessions not just in holidays, but go deeper during holiday lessons for those coming from low standard schools.
Even Havard university still put together summer school to help students fix their deficiencies. Some kids have learning deficiencies and that is the main purpose of extramural classes.
It’s an advert season too.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by ceeceeuwa: 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
I send my kids to my parents so they can bond with them. They come back refreshed having learnt a lot of lives lessons at the elders feet. No holiday lessons at my home!

2 Likes

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Kingson28: 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
If both parents work from 6AM to 6PM holiday lesson or vacation school is their saving grace.
I think it’s introduced particularly in Private School at the request of Parents, who needed a safe place to keep their wards until they come for them from their offices.
Children from homes where both parents have office jobs suffer greatly emotionally and psychologically growing up, as their parents are hardly present in their lives.
It’s very disturbing.
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Ezmans: 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
dkdmy:
Agreed! Most parents do it because they are busy!
Not easy to be a parent! How our parents raised 6 of us remains a mystery to me
some parents do so because of the environment they live in,like child molesters
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by money121(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
Oduok:

Nice one

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Mabco: 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
Thanks a lot. I am a teacher too who crave for holiday lesson. But u have got it with all ur points.
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by correctyourself(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
Oduok:

You made a valid point; however, making use of (USELESS) it's a turn-off, ruins your submission.

1 Like

Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by davidtemi(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
spencekat:
That does not mean that they should stay away from books during holidays.
Exactly
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by Mgbaofuu001: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2023
Me personally I don't like it,holiday should be the time for you to know and watch over your children to know how far and what damages that has already done to them in the Borden school
Re: Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons by bonnyhope: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2023
Oduok:

Gbam!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / Animal Newborns, What They Look Like(Photos) / How I Handled A Cultist That Slapped My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.