Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme (41992 Views)

My Review Of Orton Farm Investment (verdict: It's A Ponzi) / Wales Kingdom Capital (A Ponzi Scheme Or Legit) / Crowd Besiege Makurdi Stadium For Ponzi Scheme Reward, Left Disappointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by manikspears: 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2023
GlorifiedTunde:
Àgbà Yahoo Boy! cheesy grin

Olú ayé of Scammers! cheesy cheesy

cheesy
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by addexx: 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2023

The man that started bring 2 people
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by gentility411(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The grand father of all the ponzi wahala alot of Nigerians have been passing through.

Jokes apart, Nigerians like get rich quick scheme i swear. Anything like put ₦1k and get ₦10k in 3 days na him dey ginger most Nigerians. Dey no longer believe in hardwork. I no pity dem if all dose schemes fail and crash at d end of d day
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by Akaegwu(m): 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
My boss. I don't even know my boss name. In scam artist voice. If I have the means, I will kill scarmers and yahoo yahoo person without thinking twice
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by leisuretym: 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
telim:
This is the individual who inspired MMM and other Ponzi scheme creators. Although he caused a lot of suffering to those driven by greed, one thing is certain: he made history as the first person to create a Ponzi scheme, and he will always be remembered. Good or bad history an hostory

Are we ever going to get the guy who pulled off the MMM scam in Nigeria? I head he ran away to enjoy the loot he converted to bitcoin in Malaysia , he ruined many peoples life

1 Like

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by KENFERDYOORI(m): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by Danielmegg(m): 3:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
GlorifiedTunde:

aje overall yahoo

1 Like

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by Ahigbo1: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
You just have to admire these smart people and their ruggedness grin
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by Allisgud: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
Yahoo boys are supposed to have a portrait of him in their office house
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by uuzba(m): 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
gentility411:

Jokes apart, Nigerians like get rich quick scheme i swear. Anything like put ₦1k and get ₦10k in 3 days na him dey ginger most Nigerians. Dey no longer believe in hardwork. I no pity dem if all dose schemes fail and crash at d end of d day
Nigeria is one type of country that countless times, those who sacrificed and toiled do not receive any reward. When they report issue to police or court case, justice is denied them.
Everyone has heard this news and as such people have lost faith in hard work.
They will just think, "After all, you that worked hard, what did you gain?"

This is the reason why people just prefer scams instead.
Don't forget that Nigeria used hIs hand to build this National theatre as a symbol of unity.
The building went to waste shortly after. Symbolising disunity.
Now it has be repaired but still not up to its former capacity, neither is it being used. - Symbolising confusion in the nation.

3 Likes

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by mosesjay(m): 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2023
Say no to ponzi

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by simpleseyi: 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2023
DenreleDave:
Ẹ no go die well on his way to hell grin grin

Na him make some people commit suicide......

Àtu ikú kú ẹ lọ́nà ọrùn grin grin

He had good intentions, but something went wrong along the way
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by TheFacelessMan: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
GlorifiedTunde:

Yahoo boys should be praying to his spirit grin
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by phemmyfour: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
GlorifiedTunde:

Their forefathers grin

1 Like

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by yankison(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2023
We have a Room self contained right inside the Redemption Camp (opposite National Kitchen) for sale ..please DM /09135189102 for price if interested
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by humblespirit: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
Mmm grandfather
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by MrBONE2(m): 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
telim:
This is the individual who inspired MMM and other Ponzi scheme creators. Although he caused a lot of suffering to those driven by greed, one thing is certain: he made history as the first person to create a Ponzi scheme, and he will always be remembered. Good or bad history an hostory
grin

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by koning: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
Ponzi might be international.

But in Nigeria, we had 'Umana Umana' The scheme is still called Umana Umana in SE and SS of Nigeria.

Mr. Umana was our own Ponzi.
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by themanderon: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2023
Are banks not legalized ponzi schemes? Can banks pay back their depositors at a stretch without going bankrupt?
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by gentility411(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2023
uuzba:

Nigeria is one type of country that countless times, those who sacrificed and toiled do not receive any reward. When they report issue to police or court case, justice is denied them.
Everyone has heard this news and as such people have lost faith in hard work.
They will just think, "After all, you that worked hard, what did you gain?"

This is the reason why people just prefer scams instead.
Don't forget that Nigeria used he's had to build this National theatre as a symbol of unity.
The building went to waste shortly after. Symbolising disunity.
Now it has be repaired but still not up to its former capacity, neither is it being used. - Symbolising confusion in the nation.

Jah helps us all sir

1 Like

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by etrange: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
Even the first Ponzi scheme was proven to be a scam and yet, 100 years later, people still fall for it.
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by poweredcom(m): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
I knee it must be an italian american
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by R2bees2: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2023
Legend 😂
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by riczy(m): 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2023
Earliest Yahoo guy, history down d lane! Nice write up!
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by toprealman: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by tweesgger: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2023
On a related note, is that OTTO pyramid scheme opportunity a ponzi scheme also?
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by winj3: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2023
After that IGBO people took over and destroyed the name of Nigeria all over the world with drugs and 419.
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by Brownshoe: 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
Agba picker
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by Brownshoe: 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
Italians are known for smart crime

💥A 2 Bedroom Flat available at Oda Road,Fenced,Tiles,and Water Runs 🏃‍♂️

🙏🏻 For your hotel bookings&Reservation in Akure,Apartments scouting,Flights Tickets,☎️

Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by AfDapone: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
Paystack:

You can be a criminal and also a genius.

That is referred to as negative intellectualism.
Re: Charles Ponzi: The First Man To Run A Ponzi Scheme by MartinsD12(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2023
Rapmoney:

Source: https://www.historydefined.net/charles-ponzi/?fbclid=IwAR11ymyg9N2Xo_kC3uM6Nw2kIitgjnj_F3Js8x7Vhh6DQFe1zRXCRwaQ4tk
In simple sentence he is the man that invented the word Ponzi scheme named after him, e no go better for him , yahoo yahoo, wayo , 419 is bad has ruined many people and their families

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NBC Code: Netflix, Amazon, Irokotv, Africa Magic May End Investment In Nigeria / Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) / MMM Crash: Over 3million Nigerians Lose Over N18.765billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.