Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? (34266 Views)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by ViktorCash: 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Japa! This country is gone! I just saw a video of crowd of people struggling for government palliatives and I said to myself,is this where I want to be?
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by fastseo: 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
Larry1960:

Yeah FAm that's why I dey vex for some people dem go tell you that with 5m you go enter UK or Canada via masters route I go just dey laugh
5m grin only visa n health insurance is 1450$ that's like 1.2m

you got to pay fees in all schools. and POF go chop u like 1.2m to 1.5pm....
school deposit before u get CAS with current rate go chop u like 5m with current rate, flight ticket go take 1.2 to 1.5 unless you book one month ahead u get 600k.
there are little expenses in u go make like tb test 55k, get ur passport renewed.
in fact it's not possible now if it was during Buhari time it's possible... when you can pay with cbn rate of 560. people went with 3m self in 2021 and even then schools accept 1500 pounds as deposit now some demand 50%, 60% and even even at that you pay some percent again immediately you land if not u no go register.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by lawani: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Without going into any business, banks should be able to give you at least ten percent per annum making 1.2 million naira and banks lend out the money too. If you go into business after making your research and then writing a business plan, you should be able to increase by ten to fifty percent after a year depending on luck and it can be more and that will be after paying yourself, employees and all your bills. A 6 million investment can give you over thirty thousand gross profit a day if in retailing employ up to six people in different locations but you are going to less expenses. Your personal take home against all odds will be over 350k per month but you will work.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by OgwuEgo: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Bet9ja.com
Omoapena:

How can I turn 6m to 100m 😂😂
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
7demons:

U dey mind that guy?
He think say na expiry product or product that can move out of fashion?
The only problem I think it may have is none availability of material, availability of distributors and placement of the factory.
Every country I've been, people who sell nylons make big money. It's a silent business alot of people ignore.

I've not seen a more profitable yet silent business like nylon.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by 7arrows: 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

State your reason why you will Japa or build business

I'll spend the money on a party, go to clubs, enjoy life. Then I'll look for another 6m.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Erums(m): 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

As I respect mehn like you and Mr pascal who are positively charged and minded allow me share a few ideas

There's a few reasons many big mehn in Nigeria fail in business and when they fail they begin to broadcast their failures discouraging other people.

Permit me to share some business views

One. A bug man would invest say 20M in a business, make it elaborate then most of the services or goods in that case would retail anywhere between 1M to 10M etc. This is far away from what 80% of consumers would be able to buy. Meaning it's beyond the league of so many people. What this means in the reverse is that the business owner is also deprived of ptsronage of atleast 80% of possible humans it can come.in contact with

To then do.business, the Chinese principle.of.modern.day business success applies. Which is invest very large funds in business to.produce extremely low priced items in such a way that it can be produced in bulk as bulk goods sold on a massive scale and bring daily earnings

Unlike the big man worried about cements, rods, factory, diesel costs,.engine costs, repairs. This business man doesn't struggle with all these inhibitions. He has the entire country as his potential client because the patronage costs is very cheap.

Follow my train of thought

So,.when the average Nigerian elite does business, he's thinking big posh and looking up. Because he assumes business is about good looks, the apperanace of being big and big mannism.

The other business guy that succeeds looks downwards instead. I.e what can I supply to get so and so that when multiplied across bulk numbers would give me big figures.

So, understanding the masses, purchasing power, buyers need, market forces, it's better to go for businesses that offers low priced.items.i.e 100 Naira and then sell so fat in such a way that hundreds of thousands cam be sold than for me to import a nuisance car to sell and make 800,000 Naira profit.

So I will never.import equipment cars build big buildings to look big but rather look for how to grab the 100 Naira from the masses and collect it in vast amounts. How do you think Lagos generated IGR and the whole country copied the model

As of this year, Seyi Makinde has been collecting 200-400 Naira per day from okada to tricycle. It's what it used in paying salaries of teachers and co in Oyo state. Go and find out

So, the key to business is first sustainability before profitability. Many car companies have cars who's colors have tainted because it's not regular. But not for the 100-500 Naira businesses. So with all these I can do these things with 6 Million Naira.

1. Garri Pocessing Mill

Wit a garri processing mill, let the farmers do the labour and hard work. I'll just share my contact.once they have for sale I buy. If I'm.crasy enough I can buy at a particular time and leave for two months to increase its size and earn more.income.

Now the golden key is not the business but the strategy. I'll simply get sealed.nylons and package the garri in 100 Naira units. If I multiple it in per the quantity I can get per ton. I can scaleup increase my marketing base get Korope to get a marketing team to supply tons of supermarkets, abokis, convenience stores.

And with multiplier effects I can take in atleast 20-25 M per annum with the just 6M.investment

I've managed businesses for people who kept using me till I stopped so I know my gun

2. Plantain and Potatop chips

I can setup automatic deep fryers in an open space. Again get sealable nylons for 100 Naira units and begin to source for.plaints across the entire country. From akwaibom to Bayelsa to Port Harcourt to Edo. I'll buy, the machine washes,peels l, fry's and seals.

Simple. I supply aboki.

People use fried plantains to replace meats. Go to the trenches.and find out. I've done this before and was raking 10k per day

3. Hibiscus

I can bulk buy zobo leaves in bulk per.ton from the north. Setup processing units that will boil, cool, mix and bottle. With preservatives thesedays zobo cam stay up to 20 days supooy across various supermarkets and I make my money

4. Ice block

Ice block.consumes diesel but with proper planning there's high prospects for profits. I simply buy a chilling truck produce in large quantities and my driver's drives through cities supplying. The chilling truck preserves it's temperature and as a result, one can be supplying blocks for hours and it won't melt.

5. Drink depot is there

This one doesn't need stress
Just enter into dealership with beverages companies. They load and.i sell to make 50-100 Naira profits. I buy in mad quantities and make profits

I can setup viewing centres with chilling bar and car wash. Entertainers, comedians etc come and I play music use to sell beer pepper soup and boom business is moving.

For.goodness sakes.lets.stop.disvrediting this country for heaven sakes. I don't ask for investment

I am building myself. But I hate when we critique the country to death

hello bro , good ideas here .
i sent a dm . can we discuss...
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by PaulH07: 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
ednut1:
go to the ones around your area to check crowd and patronage. Will you be able to offer better services and environment. Know that the people your are competing with are yahoo boys and politicians. Who build joint together with hotel. I was in Nigeria end of last year and many joints i used to go around badore road no even get bbq fish . I enter one them say no sausage for shawarma. 🤣🤣

Shey dem see their customer abi dem no see?

People wey go frequent the place go still dey wella, so because them no meet your taste no mean sey dem no go sell.

I don go beer parlor wey the small girl shout on me anyhow, cos say she wan cheat me, and I no gree.

This is despite the fact I spend nothing less than 2k for there anytime I frequent the place, on alternate basis. Almost 60k in a month sef.

I carry my leg Waka comot for there.

Does it mean it'll end their business? Hell no!

Them even dey see more customers dey go sef.

The world doesn't revolve around you bro...
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by 7demons: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Poverty no gree you reason straight. Ordinary 6M make you lose your senses.
Are you saying 6M is a small amount of money?
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by PaulH07: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

E go work
Trust yourself

Thank you my brother.

I really get passion for the business meen...
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by pachigo001(m): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Look at this wretched fool dey call men wey better than him papa simp.
No be me say make you stupid no know how to handle women.

I will move my family abroad. No be me say make you poor.
if you get money pass me make I bend na because this forum is anonymous na why you de yarn rubbish show yourself let me see how wretched you are
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Shapiru: 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
Blitzking:
If you don't know business better keep quiet
bros shut up. Na betking u wan dey play abi wetin.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Blitzking: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
Shapiru:
bros shut up. Na betking u wan dey play abi wetin.
dey there dey look while ppl are making this money even in this tinubu economy..I won't say more than this
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Sprints3: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
Depends if you are 21-25 you can Japa. Bit above 30 or 40 remain in Nigeria. Link with amazon and other business hub and start mini e commerce biz and at the same time invest half of it in stock and equity carefully explore business opportunities loom for the right one and invest.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Sprints3: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
Blitzking:
If you don't know business better keep quiet
u be better leave that idiot with his negative mentality. Shapi nonsense. I dey see people dey make am for this economy but the only downfall. His expenditure is still high but some people are cashing out big time.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by 7demons: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheOldGods:
are you a child? Maybe you need to learn more. You're comparing a billionaire dollar company to a start-up. Can you compete with cardbury with 6 million naira? You won't last 6 months and you're down to 0. That's why all of you fail in business, people go into business without doing proper evaluation. No, go and compete with indomie, after all they sell their noodles 200 naira, that's cheap right, let me see if you can stay 3months. Only cost of registration and payment of tax will gup half of that money. We are not even talking about running ads and bringing products into market
Try to get sense. Read to think.
The area you are coming from is different from what he is trying to explain. I'm not sure you have been in a business circle. I've been in a business, in a country where the major competitors and major marketers are Chinese people. They own shops and warehouses. Still we managed to compete with them using their own companies in China. It's all about brain, brother..
You sabi this one, good. You fit sabi the other??
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by nifton(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
daddyQ:
Business better pass o,Japa with no guarantee, plenty business dey for u to venture into
Example of viable ones.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by vikings1: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
If I have that kind of money, I will not immediately invest in Nigeria. I will go and invest in correct African countries close to Nigeria like Cameroon, Gabon , cote voire or even togo. i will invest in food or transportation business . these are sure money makers and try get their permanent residency of that country for 3 years for my unborn generation. save some in their some in their bank or in real estate. then after 3 years come back to nigeria to invest , but if in Nigeria , my business fail as it is likely to cos naija matter na 50:50. I have back up of another country either to go back to or easily travel abroad from there cos it is easier to travel abroad from other african countries than from Nigeria.

Thats wisdom for the future

The past president and this one , buhari and tinubu have citizenship in other African countries for back up cos don't put all your egg in naija.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by 7demons: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheOldGods:
who is fighting you, you're going to a site where you will stand under the sun, while I'm chatting you from an office chiling under ac, watching Netflix and drinking Heineken, while waiting for a zoom call from one of my clients by 1. As you can see we are not even equal, you're work requires pain to make money mine doesn't. Abi na pos site you dey go? You think making money is all about suffering, suggesting people stupid businesses like ,beer parlour, betnaija, pos. Lol
And you're so this rich that you find yourself on a thread that is talking about 6million and how to japa?

3 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wickedfacts: 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
7demons:

Are you saying 6M is a small amount of money?

Yes. It is mere change.
What I call mere change is relative.
My entire networth is mere change to some people.
It is so because I already have some physical businesses here and that 6M is annual pay of just 1 of my technical staff.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by angelEmade: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
pascal558:

100% , it's just what I need right Now... Will truly appreciate!!!
+796...441...65...577
Let's do more of the business talk on WhatsApp.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
PaulH07:

Shey dem see their customer abi dem no see?

People wey go frequent the place go still dey wella, so because them no meet your taste no mean sey dem no go sell.

I don go beer parlor wey the small girl shout on me anyhow, cos say she wan cheat me, and I no gree.

This is despite the fact I spend nothing less than 2k for there anytime I frequent the place, on alternate basis. Almost 60k in a month sef.

I carry my leg Waka comot for there.

Does it mean it'll end their business? Hell no!

Them even dey see more customers dey go sef.

The world doesn't revolve around you bro...
if english hard you just ignore my post. The point of the post was before things dey pop in all those places. Today the places are dry with low patronage. I visited 3 of those places along badore - addo road. Shebi una dey talk say business easy. Why are they struggling then. All these inspire to aspire people self
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by 7demons: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Yes. It is mere change.
What I call mere change is relative.
My entire networth is mere change to some people.
It is so because I already have some physical businesses here and that 6M is annual pay of just 1 of my technical staff.
6Million is a mere change to you and ordinary give away you cannot do? Just to come online and be bragging and exchanging words with people you feel you're better of..
One guy here, Ikennaford spent $10,000 on a give away to nairalands. You what have you done since 2019 you've registered on this forum?
Na only to make mouth. Give us the address of your office make we come visit you to confirm you pay "your imaginary" technician 6M yearly.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Elmander1983(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2023
Bring the 6 million. U go know the end result
nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

State your reason why you will Japa or build business
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Chetas81(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2023
Zonefree:

Where's your shrine located, Baba?
black African citizen with the things of darkness
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wickedfacts: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
pachigo001:
if you get money pass me make I bend na because this forum is anonymous na why you de yarn rubbish show yourself let me see how wretched you are

I didn't say I have more money than you, I'm now saying that I have more money than anyone in your lineage. All of you.

pachigo001:
If you want hookup ‚adult content or connect to sugar mommies kindly join our group zero8one42250268
Hope you have gotten a sugar mummy to take care of you seeing how biting poverty made your parents unable to take care of you.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by juliuscapps(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2023
That's 14 days salary working in Europe. You better Japa if you have the means but ensure you go legit while at it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wickedfacts: 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
7demons:

6Million is a mere change to you and ordinary give away you cannot do? Just to come online and be bragging and exchanging words with people you feel you're better of..
One guy here, Ikennaford spent $10,000 on a give away to nairalands. You what have you done since 2019 you've registered on this forum?
Na only to make mouth. Give us the address of your office make we come visit you to confirm you pay "your imaginary" technician 6M yearly.

This moniker is for trolling and looking for trouble. No matter what you do, I can never reveal my identity or that of my businesses.
I have nothing to prove to you. You're not important in the scheme of things and worthless to me.

By the way, stop following me around. I don't feed beggars. Go and meet UNICEF for that.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Pharaohny: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
If you like don't japa be shouting business up and down your eye go clear

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Altrarecords(m): 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
I can double that money every month trading Forex so hell no
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by sammyonal: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
Sprints3:
Depends if you are 21-25 you can Japa. Bit above 30 or 40 remain in Nigeria. Link with amazon and other business hub and start mini e commerce biz and at the same time invest half of it in stock and equity carefully explore business opportunities loom for the right one and invest.
which kind talk be this nah! So if am over 30 and 40, I should remain in naija, abeg people no follow this guy ooooo, I entered the US in my late 30s and I ve used 3yrs now at least am fulfilled to some extent and I am enjoying my life.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / Fiberesima Ama: A Hidden Island In Rivers State (Video) / Nigerian Airforce Helicopter Crash Lands In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.