Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,508 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? (34449 Views)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Karleb(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2023
Theophinio:

Scarcity mindset.

With this mindset you will surely sink if you open even a business that provides solution to a need.

There has never been a time when economic experts say " Oooh, We are in a very good economy".

In even the worse economic times, more business men are making turn over of profits in million folds.

Only what the news wants you to see and hear, is gloomy days ahead

Economist actually say it when the economy is good.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by OgwuEgo: 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
How may I help you
Omoapena:

Nah ogwuego you wan do with the 6m?

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by fastseo: 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Larry1960:

What' country

grin our money is now shit paper. with the recent devaluation by emilakon
everything is now times 3.
plus the window through which they process school fees.. @ 560 now 1000 plus grin the poor are really breathing
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Af0nja: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
pascal558:

You speaking in parables sir and it's wrong generalising with everyone.

You even get time to dey follow this one talk. Do you really think he knows what he is talking about?? high level quantitative analysts no dey make noise for nairaland

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by sportivation(m): 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
See How Mummy Eno, NSPPDIANS Celebrated Pastor Jerry on his Birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_lw00lRG28

Pls kindly watch and subscribe
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Andyblaze: 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
grin grin grin

Scope
Wodu89:

Trade secrets
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Omoapena(m): 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
OgwuEgo:
How may I help you

How can I turn 6m to 100m 😂😂
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by ManOfMan: 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
Give me the 6m, I will pay you 500k every month for 3 years (total 18m in 3 years). I don't need the money now. I will need it around the end of September or early October. I have supply contract with a very big construction company in Rivers State. Let's do business if you are bold
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
ednut1:
go to the ones around your area to check crowd and patronage. Will you be able to offer better services and environment. Know that the people your are competing with are yahoo boys and politicians. Who build joint together with hotel. I was in Nigeria end of last year and many joints i used to go around badore road no even get bbq fish . I enter one them say no sausage for shawarma. 🤣🤣

No patronage, so they decided not to have those in stock? High prices of those items? Mismanagement of the business?

Sometimes, Nigeria defies basic economic principles.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Chibuezem(m): 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

State your reason why you will Japa or build business
I will japa
I won't tell you the reason.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Seunjungle(m): 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
People wey get 6-10 million naira are afraid of what business to venture in that cant fail them... what about us that dont have 500k, can we japa too?
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Gerrard59:

No patronage, so they decided not to have those in stock? High prices of those items? Mismanagement of the business?

Sometimes, Nigeria defies basic economic principles.
those items are expensive and cant be stored easily. Sausage needs fridge, fish too will spoil without refrigeration, Catfish can still last but i guess patronage has dropped. Na beer and ponmo most people dey buy 😆😆

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Alex80s(m): 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Don't downgrade 6M. I'm sure you can't gift it out. With investment of 6M in ordinary polythene (nylon) retailing, after a year one would have made 300-500% ROI. The issues is people with capacity think some businesses are too dirty and do not think in the direction at all

6M can establish multiple pos centres

6M will setup multiple viewing centres

Drink depot's

Wholesale distributorship

Food joints or canteens

Pepper soup relaxation joint

Convenient stores

Etc

Na nylon wey people they push for Barrow dey beg people to buy you're talking or another thing?

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by COMPAQ(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Don't downgrade 6M. I'm sure you can't gift it out. With investment of 6M in ordinary polythene (nylon) retailing, after a year one would have made 300-500% ROI. The issues is people with capacity think some businesses are too dirty and do not think in the direction at all

6M can establish multiple pos centres

6M will setup multiple viewing centres

Drink depot's

Wholesale distributorship

Food joints or canteens

Pepper soup relaxation joint

Convenient stores

Etc

One can invest N6mln in those businesses and it will do well and someone else can do same and it will collapse. Success in business involves many factors such as:

knowledge of the business
commitment to the running of the business
location of the business
government policy
networks and connections
management skills
financial capacity

And many more.

But bottom line is that more companies and businesses seem to be closing/struggling than those opening/thriving. I see many properties that had a business there before advertising for rent because the company has shut down and no one takes the space for quite a while.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by sammyonal: 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
gbemisawlar:
I don't really like commenting on japa issue just because we all think in different directions. As for me in this present Nigeria, I doubt 6m as a good capital for business because there are many negative factors affecting businesses in Nigeria. Meanwhile, if you are in abroad, I mean UK, US that I am sure of and any other good European countries you can make 6m in 4-5 months if you have your papers and ready to hustle ooo. So why don't you just work and gather as much as you can then come back in few years to start that business you are sure of in big. My opinion.
bro I just dey read comments and they observe, I sha know say all this I no go japa nah lies.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Larry1960: 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
fastseo:

grin our money is now shit paper. with the recent devaluation by emilakon
everything is now times 3.
plus the window through which they process school fees.. @ 560 now 1000 plus grin the poor are really breathing

Yeah FAm that's why I dey vex for some people dem go tell you that with 5m you go enter UK or Canada via masters route I go just dey laugh
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Zion243(m): 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Poverty don ruin your reasoning. Na ordinary 6m wan make you run comot Naija. Money wey no fit buy 2 Corolla.

Poor comprehension. Where did I mentioned I would japa with 6m?
And mind you, it's not everyone you meet online is as poor as you are.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
Spiff20:
To each his own. I've not seen successful people doing well in Nigeria think or talk about Japa. It's most those struggling. The goal is to be successful. When you're successful in whatever you do, Japa will be like strolling to your backyard. This Japa mentality is truly a lowdown. Strive to be the best of who you are and you can travel to any country you want. And who told you everyone is suffering in Naija. 200 million people and you conclude. Give me that 6m and I'll first invest, go through the struggle of watching the business rise and succeed, then travel the hell I want as a king not to wait tables for the colonial masters that enslaved my forbears. I'm sure they'll be groaning in their graves each time we return to be enslaved by their masters.

Actually, the people who are relocating and who did not obtain loans are successful judging by Nigerian standards. It costs a lot to japa.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2023
ednut1:
those items are expensive and cant be stored easily. Sausage needs fridge, fish too will spoil without refrigeration, Catfish can still last but i guess patronage has dropped. Na beer and ponmo most people dey buy 😆😆

Within Ajah axis?

That is terrible, man. Wow! cry
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Greenfaces: 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
Karleb:

At least you get asset and a business. grin

Imagine say you don put the money for one poultry farm and half of your fowls die.

grin grin cheesy grin and truth be say e dey happen like that ooo
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheOldGods:
lol. Low priced business sell most in China, what's the cost of living in China?what's Thier minimum wage? When people are crying to enter bus fares that was increased with just 100 naira extra, people are trekking and you're here talking. You think business is to look for cheap products and sell, lol. Ask yourselves why popular brands are living Nigeria to open business in Ghana. How many homes in Nigeria eat chicken every Sunday or even chicken every week, I'm sure you hardly do that. Try buying full chicken every week and eat first

You jump from low priced products to talking about chicken? Is chicken low priced food? The guy is talking about cheap stuff like garri, fried plantain...things that even if fuel is 2000 per liter, people will still buy.

I once worked with a company that makes 20 naira sausage (like Gala)...before I got the job, I didn't even know a company like that existed in Lagos. But when I worked there for a couple of months and saw the amount of products they sell in Lagos alone monthly, I started to see things differently.

5 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Olumeme: 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
Business in Nigeria
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by sammyonal: 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
spiceadole:
Japa!

If I had not left Nigeria when I did,all my efforts would have been to japa..

So japa ,it will be.
don't mind this people trying to put people down by polluting there mind set from japaying. Since I left the shores of that country Nigeria I ve never regretted moving to the states. Maybe because I came to the USA as a child of an American citizen I don't know but when the opportunity came I no think am twice. Now Nigeria is extra hard as of the information and calls am getting back there, someone will now come and be telling people not to move if the opportunity comes.

4 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Kenn55: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
If I have to define nairaland, I will say it is a place where anyone can be anything by their imagination grin to feel good about themselves.

You can claim to be anything you like grin
You can turn 6m to 60m in a short time, you can establish 20 successful businesses grin. The dreams are unlimited grin Talk is indeed cheap.
Sorry for people who take what they read on this forum seriously

3 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by willian10: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedfacts:

The richest Nigerians are based here.
There is a ceiling as to how much you can make working in your system over there. Here, no limits.

I bought a Renewable Energy company from someone who ran off to Canada. He was thinking like you and left his business to his thieving staff here. Got the list of his clients and gave them an offer they can never refuse.

Incidentally, Tinubu removed subsidy on petrol. Between June and today, I've made multiple times the previous annual turnover.

So, keep your 9-5 in your place but never ever tell down on those running businesses here. That is pure house slave behaviour.
What's the meaning of renewable energy company?
Do u mean those who sells solar panels, inverter etc?
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Unrated900(m): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
Na guy man him be.for people to dance to him tune..
Na real guy man him be

Zonefree:

Where's your shrine located, Baba?
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by 7demons: 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
ednut1:
if you are not business oriented you will lose that money. My best friends dad has a nylon making factory. No think say na novice we be here. More businesses fail than succeed in Nigeria
Oga na LIE.
Go make findings before you conclude.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by kay29000(m): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Geminiivory:

Why not sell your ideas and get paid for them. I don't support the idea of free services. People do never value you if you continue this way. It ll end up in use and dump scenarios.. I speak from experience.. They only value you when they pay dearly for your services

Very true
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by 7demons: 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

What's our problem with your friends failure. You're in Canada you're judging Nigeria. Peddlers of bad news. I won't argue with you about Canada but you've got nothing to talk about doing business profitably in Nigeria.
U dey mind that guy?
He think say na expiry product or product that can move out of fashion?
The only problem I think it may have is none availability of material, availability of distributors and placement of the factory.
Every country I've been, people who sell nylons make big money. It's a silent business alot of people ignore.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Johel(m): 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

Buy a car, sienna 2005 and use it for business...instead of running,face your fears.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by KIDfurniture(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
I like you already . If you want to start up any type of buying and selling …. Some states in Nigeria is a must visit for research …

nkemjacob2:

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wickedfacts: 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
pachigo001:
you are a simp women never do you something before

Look at this wretched fool dey call men wey better than him papa simp.
No be me say make you stupid no know how to handle women.

I will move my family abroad. No be me say make you poor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Three Men Die In Benue Accident (PHOTOS) / 4-Year-Old Boy That Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash (Photos) / Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties in PH, ; An Embarrassing Eyesore. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.