Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? (34225 Views)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by beardedboy(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
Zonefree:

Where's your shrine located, Baba?
We know their type. Half business, half fraud. Always doing dirty deals.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Dreament(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dreament:
opening a business is very risky this days considering the huge amount of money. The issues is not about opening a business but the locations and the Target market. In my environment where 500k used to open a big business way back, that six million wouldn't go anywhere in other to compete with those that already gained ground in that same business you wish to open these days in my area
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by yewit37486: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Who is this fool talking to?
Abi craze dey worry your mama.

Didn't you see where I said it is employees who are relocating? Or the fellow collecting 500k, is he not an employee?
By the way, If not that poverty is entrenched in your lineage, how much is 500k per month sef?
500k is what you see as big money. You're a failure in life.

Just so you know, some of us have businesses here and we can't fold ship and relocate. If we do, people like you will suffer.

I bought a business last year. Renewable Energy business. The owner relocated to Canada and his technicians were just going anyhow here. The turnover between June 1 and today is enough to pay staff salaries for next 4 years comfortably. Mind you, my regional solar engineers earn more than that 500k you are shouting.

Some people are destined to be slaves abroad and all their lives, they are destined to constantly go in search of slavery.

Calm down. You really don't need to abuse a person to correct them.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by 23Ju: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
ednut1:
if you are not business oriented you will lose that money. My best friends dad has a nylon making factory. No think say na novice we be here. More businesses fail than succeed in Nigeria
Not only in Nigeria but the whole world. Just know that your friends dad is not making it in business doesn't mean others cannot.

6 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by chigbokingsley(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
6 mill may look big to you but it's not.
Look, forget all these people motivating you to set up business. At least I own a small business and I am talking from experience. Starting a business currently is not easy at all. You will pass through a lot. The prices of goods in the market are increasing geometrically on daily basis. If you can endure, go into business here but if you cannot leave this country. It must not be Europe or America.

nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

State your reason why you will Japa or build business

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by TheOldGods: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Go and sit down. I've setup over 20 productive and profitable enterprises lazy Nigerians

Why you're in Nigeria you.blame and whine

When you're abroad you're forced to work.

Mentally lazy people
you've set up 20 profitable and you're still broke, and on naira land chatting a lazy Nigerian grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by winner37(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
Karleb:

I don't understand why you people are so annoying.

What does having #6m for business has to do with traveling abroad? It seems Japa lives rent free in your head because people who are on queue on different embassies don't think more about it than you.

When the economy was manageable, you didn't put #6m into it, it is now that it is having mood swing that you want to start a business?

Even tech companies that received millions of dollars in founding are folding up. Jumia for example has been having serious financial decline for about a year now, their investors have lost a lot.

Anyway, invest in your business and let people who want to Japa, japa. Let Tinubu economy decides who made the better choice.

This people are trying to discourage a lot of people by comparing business to traveling.
Not everyone was meant to be rich in his village,town , local Government, state or country,life is a choice .
This makes my friend to quite his work of 110k to start a business he has no issues off now he is regreting so bitterly..
Many see things on different angle , many seeing traveling as the only option (am among ) while many seeing doing business here in Nigeria as another option,both are 50 50 ,you gain or you lose ..
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Omowin1: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
I will rather stay here and invest
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2023
Shapiru:
6million will be 30 to 60 m in 2 years 😂😂😂😂😂 Which kind f00lish jokers dey this forum self
You dey mind them. Na them dey always brag say if you give them 100k they'll generate 1 million in 2 months lol. 6 million is nothing if you want to start a decent business.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2023
TheOldGods:
you've set up 20 profitable and you're still broke, and on naira land chatting a lazy Nigerian grin

Lolz. I'm going to site, typing on the way. Machinery heading so going to plot and monitor. Let's keep things on an interactional level without us both fighting.

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by TheOldGods: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Lolz. I'm going to site, typing on the way. Machinery heading so going to plot and monitor. Let's keep things on an interactional level without us both fighting.
who is fighting you, you're going to a site where you will stand under the sun, while I'm chatting you from an office chiling under ac, watching Netflix and drinking Heineken, while waiting for a zoom call from one of my clients by 1. As you can see we are not even equal, you're work requires pain to make money mine doesn't. Abi na pos site you dey go? You think making money is all about suffering, suggesting people stupid businesses like ,beer parlour, betnaija, pos. Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by angelEmade: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
pascal558:

Baba share abeg!!! Invest 6m to get 60m? Baba share o🌟
If I give you a similar idea and you feel it is worth it, will you invest?
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by slowice(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:
Business. 6M can give birth to 60-100M in a year. I'm not sharing my Intel. And I'm not asking for investors. We dey build on a steady beat wink

Even mmm nor do reach you baba.... You be Big shrine, you deserve seaman aromatic schnap grin

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by fastseo: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
Willie2015:

Too expensive...
There are European countries
with 1000 euros as fees..
it's tinubu policy.. before its not like that when pounds was 560.

other European countries.. abi information is power and especially when u have someone there giving u full information.

Secondly u don't go to school because its cheaper but... other things are put into consideration like house rent cos u won't like to pay 1200$ for monthly House rent as against 300$ in some cheaper cities... if u do then what's the head of the cheaper , if u are a family man,, how flexible is the school fees, will you pay more 50 or even 70% of fees during registration, how easy to find job in that city... most importantly.

cos I got offers in uk for school fees as cheap as 10,500. but then again you check other stuff

same thing as flight... you must check whether there are hidden charges

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by TheOldGods: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
slowice:

Even mmm nor do reach you baba.... You be Big shrine, you deserve seaman aromatic schnap grin
grin grin

He said he is doing pos business and carrying heavy machinery and makes 60-100m a year.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Landlord06: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
There are business we can do online or physically and make millions from within 2 to 3 years. Take billpoint as an example. The app alone has gained X100 time what it worth.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by eazriel09: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:
Business. 6M can give birth to 60-100M in a year. I'm not sharing my Intel. And I'm not asking for investors. We dey build on a steady beat wink

How many gun and explosives can 6 million buy? What about logistics to he venue and I don't think banks keep plenty cash in their vault anymore
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by nextstep(m): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
6million, divided by 950 per dollar is about $6315

How much is visa and the process? About $1k when all is said and done
Flight, transport, and incidentals, assuming you're issued visa: $2k
Rent pretty much anywhere, unless you're squatting: $1.5k/month

Congrats. You've just given US all your 6M just so you could squat for 2 months.
And, no, you won't make enough per month on the jobs you may be able to get if your intent is to japa on tourist visa. tongue

The same grit that got you the 6M inside Nigeria, can fetch you 60M inside Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by pascal558(m): 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
angelEmade:

If I give you a similar idea and you feel it is worth it, will you invest?

100% , it's just what I need right Now... Will truly appreciate!!!
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Macdeey: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
Zonefree:

Where's your shrine located, Baba?
No. 1 Okija Underworld Street, Anambra grin grin grin
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by oyolima(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
Japa the next second sharp sharp, delay can be dangerous.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by vickydevoka(m): 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

It all depends. And grace differs. If you at from poor or average background without much help , just japa , after 5 years come back and establish
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by winner37(m): 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:

You people allowed us to breath by stoping comparing business to traveling. With the present economy situation of Nigeria starting a business could be so scaring because a lot of companies are on a very serious downturn even leading to folding..
It all about how lucky you might be , you might start a business within a year you become as poor as church rat while people who prefer traveling are enjoying..
Not everyone was meant to be rich in his village,town , local Government, state or country,life is a choice .
This makes my friend to quite his work of 110k to start a business he has no issues off now he is regreting so bitterly..
Many see things on different angle , many seeing traveling as the only option (am among ) while many seeing doing business here in Nigeria as another option,both are 50 50 ,you gain or you lose
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Basiljoe: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Believe this nonsense at your own peril......
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by daddyQ: 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
Business better pass o,Japa with no guarantee, plenty business dey for u to venture into

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Chi133(f): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2023
pascal558:

Baba share abeg!!! Invest 6m to get 60m? Baba share o🌟

Use am play 10 odds
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Trade secrets

That don't exist

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2023
daddyQ:
Business better pass o,Japa with no guarantee, plenty business dey for u to venture into

Is business guaranteed?

What are the plenty businesses?

How many of them are u into?
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by abbey621(m): 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2023
You want to Jaapa as what? A visitor unable to work legally? If you're lucky you'll land in America or Canada where you can quickly get your papers within a year, 2 or 3. If you jaapa go U.K, just know that you're on a long thing.

Now 6 million is less than 8,000 USD, how long do you think you can last on that? That's not even enough money to survive 6 months in America, not to talk of hustling for papers.

My advice is to focus on whatever gave you that 6 million and continue to increase it if your mind is set on jaapa. Just focus on increasing it to 10m or more before even thinking of jaapa otherwise you'll only have yourself to blame when the reality of obodo oyinbo hits you hard like a Mike Tyson's punch grin grin grin.

If you're young and book smart, Canada might actually work out better for you if you've got certain skills.....Dem dey give people resident visas like candy right now grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
nextstep:
6million, divided by 950 per dollar is about $6315

How much is visa and the process? About $1k when all is said and done
Flight, transport, and incidentals, assuming you're issued visa: $2k
Rent pretty much anywhere, unless you're squatting: $1.5k/month

Congrats. You've just given US all your 6M just so you could squat for 2 months.
And, no, you won't make enough per month on the jobs you may be able to get if your intent is to japa on tourist visa. tongue

The same grit that got you the 6M inside Nigeria, can fetch you 60M inside Nigeria.

Pls explain how "The same grit that got you the 6M inside Nigeria, can fetch you 60M inside Nigeria".

Can you share your personal experience how you achieved something similar?
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Blitzking: 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Shapiru:
6million will be 30 to 60 m in 2 years 😂😂😂😂😂 Which kind f00lish jokers dey this forum self
If you don't know business better keep quiet
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by whizzyjohn(m): 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Business even if i see 1m for a start

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? / Car Plunges Off A Bridge With 4 People Inside In Akure This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.