Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened (37563 Views)

My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. / Lady Smoked Sisha While Wearing Contact Lens, And This Happened / 'I Went To Libya To Get Free Treatment But This Happened' - Nigerian Man. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by OBTOREPA(m): 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
Yesterday I want to general hospital to see a doctor, he recommended that I should run for test, because it was general hospital so I decided to go and do the test in private laboratory, the test lasted for an hour but going back to see the doctor, the hospital have closed, today being Tuesday I want to see the doctor but the nurses said he doesn't come on Tuesday and I'm seriously sick, doctors in the house please help me. Here is the test result
You have a slight typhoid bro.
Why didn't you run malaria test also?

1 Like

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by noskcid(m): 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
I used to open my fridge in my shop to receive air without knowing I was harming my self it started with malaria I treated it then I started having cough. The only thing disturbing me now is cough
Can ulcer cause cough and catarrh

You Dey act according to your name

Dafresh 😂

God can heal you if you ask Him to

3 Likes

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by atiku4President(m): 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
Avoid eating new yams, till October.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Kenmatt(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
I used to open my fridge in my shop to receive air without knowing I was harming my self it started with malaria I treated it then I started having cough. The only thing disturbing me now is cough

You use to open your Fridge to receive air!!!

"Bros abeg no vex, which Village you from?"

3 Likes

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by occfx: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
Yesterday I want to general hospital to see a doctor, he recommended that I should run for test, because it was general hospital so I decided to go and do the test in private laboratory, the test lasted for an hour but going back to see the doctor, the hospital have closed, today being Tuesday I want to see the doctor but the nurses said he doesn't come on Tuesday and I'm seriously sick, doctors in the house please help me. Here is the test result

Typhoid bacteria... Take anti biotics

1 Like

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by DenreleDave(m): 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
Oladimeji13:
Bro no be typhoid Dey worry u.I was in ur shoes before dis result was exactly like mine then and I was running from one hospital to another and one day I met a doctor he told me it’s not typhoid because 1.80 is not enough to get me dis sick so he said I should go for full body check up which I did not knowing I’ve ulcer so dat how I was diagnosed with gastric ulcer since den I’ve been treating ulcer

What were the symptoms you had b4 going for the test?
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Gottiii: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:

What do you mean open your fridge to receive air ?
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by AntiChristian: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:

You don get Typhoid be this o!
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by ConfidentialDoc: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Why the ulcers

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by dontrulee: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
Who still does widal test for typhoid?
That's non specific though.

What are your complaints and symptoms?

1 Like

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Quodseverismete: 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
Buy Augmentin caplets 625mg, Armatem softgel tablet, PCM tabs 1card each

2 Likes

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by DrAda(f): 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
Do health care providers still order for widal test?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by nkemoma(m): 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
[quote author=Jh0wsef post=125281231][/quote]

Na ur papa be fool.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by DrAda(f): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2023
dontrulee:

Just saw your comment after i said the exact same thing. I really don't understand it at all.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by DenreleDave(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2023
drtee247:
Go back and see the doctor..u want someone to prescribe drug for u bcox u don't want to get the drug thru the hospital..its not fair
You are so right grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by DenreleDave(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2023
DrAda:

Just saw your comment after i said the exact same thing. I really don't understand it at all.

Hello Dr Ada, pls what kind of test is to be done for typhoid if not widal test

I wud love to know. Ma

2 Likes

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by CloudResident(m): 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
ojun50:

No vex, na native doctors dey view am now, the medical doctors dey on duty. Wait make them come out from break them go see am
cheesy
. grin
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by winner37(m): 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
I don't know anything 😕 make I keep silent ooo
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by DrAda(f): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
DenreleDave:

Hello Dr Ada, pls what kind of test is to be done for typhoid if not widal test

I wud love to know. Ma

Blood culture

2 Likes

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by afonja112: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
This is weird, I thought we have scrapped this test. What is the name of the hospital please?
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Blitzking: 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
list your complaints..I dont argue with ppl requesting for the widal test I see them as money miss road..to me the result is useless BSU...BLOOD CULTURE

1 Like

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by NurseJP(m): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
You did malaria test and Widal for typhoid. Malaria is negative as no malaria parasite was seen. The titre value for the typhoid is less than 1: 180 and hence assumed to be normal. ( deranged if greater than)

Regarding treatment: you need a doctor as the symptoms you’re presenting ,history taking and examination will guide the doctor on line of treatment. Please you can ask for another doctor to review your results and start your treatment. Wishing you quick recovery.

6 Likes

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by afonja112: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
dontrulee:

Must be a quark. @op, oya wetin happen?
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
nnamdizen:
Ha! Nairaland

That one loud abi? The thing off me too. In fact E over me l swear
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by thesicilian: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
Mammangaddafi:
Labs still do Widal test?
He most likely concocted the story of going to the general hospital blah blah blah because he knew people would tell him to go to the hospital. I'm sure he just went to a lab to request tests by himself. Labs generally will do anything you ask them to, but a good doctor will not bother with Widal test.

Besides which sane person will see a doctor in a general hospital where things are cheap, then walk out all the way to another private hospital to go for test and bring the results back to the general hospital?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by afonja112: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Quodseverismete:
Buy Augmentin caplets 625mg, Armatem softgel tablet, PCM tabs 1card each
We need arrest button on nairaland.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by adisabarber(m): 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:

You need another test. Your test result says greater than 1.8 is significant and I can't see anything greater than 1.8 in your result. You need to wait for your doctor.

2 Likes

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by drimzsmoke(m): 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:

Lolz
I'm 1 billion percent sure that you're LYING, I can even bet my life on it!!!
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by DenreleDave(m): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
DrAda:

Blood culture

Ok.. Thank you ma
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by drimzsmoke(m): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
afonja112:

We need arrest button on nairaland.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
The results shoe you have typhoid. So you have to go for the treatment. If that 1:80 titre is what is making you seriously I'll, then you're likely belong to AA genotype and O+ blood group. Otherwise I will suggest you do further test like Full Blood Count.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by itznur(m): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Oladimeji13:
Bro no be typhoid Dey worry u.I was in ur shoes before dis result was exactly like mine then and I was running from one hospital to another and one day I met a doctor he told me it’s not typhoid because 1.80 is not enough to get me dis sick so he said I should go for full body check up which I did not knowing I’ve ulcer so dat how I was diagnosed with gastric ulcer since den I’ve been treating ulcer

Same case with me exactly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Erase Tribal Marks? / Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' / Nairalanders Help! Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.