Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened (37525 Views)

My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. / Lady Smoked Sisha While Wearing Contact Lens, And This Happened / 'I Went To Libya To Get Free Treatment But This Happened' - Nigerian Man. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by bobkezel(m): 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
[/b]I used to open my fridge in my shop to receive air[b] without knowing I was harming my self it started with malaria I treated it then I started having cough. The only thing disturbing me now is cough
Can ulcer cause cough and catarrh
Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by spiceadole: 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
Mammangaddafi:
very useless test

The private labs and hospitals still request/carry out the test as to make money since Nigerians don't want to listen

1 Like

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by jomarick(m): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
You got serious typhoid, go get Ciprotab. You'll alright.
Mind the water and food u eat.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Godmademan(m): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
This thread ought to be In the comedy section.

The dude involved should see his doctor.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Oladimeji13: 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
Y u go Dey use fridge as ac😂🤔
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by DrAda(f): 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
drimzsmoke:

We do stool culture over here, na the only thing wey the HMO people dey approve

Thst works too
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by drimzsmoke(m): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2023
[quote author=Dafresh post=125283951][/quote]

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Wowwww, bros I'm sooooo sorry for calling you a liar. I take it all back, everything I said earlier.
By the way, the doctor that managed you is a QUACK, thank God you didn't go back
Once again, I'm sooooo sorry!!! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Khastro(m): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2023
DrAda:

Blood culture
Hi Dr, what of a full blood count?
I once did a FbC and they said my white blood cell is low, but I had the symptoms of malaria fever that was persistent.
Can an FBC tell about typhoid infection?
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Oladimeji13: 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2023
Mammangaddafi:
When you cough do you bring out anything?...like mucus, blood etc..
For how long now have you been having this cough?
Any associated chest pain, breathlessness, weight loss, drenching night sweat?

Kindly provide answers to the above questions
if one has all of dis u stated what does it mean?
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by sickitatedatyou: 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2023
Run for test indeed.

Dafresh:
Yesterday I want to general hospital to see a doctor, he recommended that I should run for test, because it was general hospital so I decided to go and do the test in private laboratory, the test lasted for an hour but going back to see the doctor, the hospital have closed, today being Tuesday I want to see the doctor but the nurses said he doesn't come on Tuesday and I'm seriously sick, doctors in the house please help me. Here is the test result
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Mammangaddafi(m): 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
Oladimeji13:
if one has all of dis u stated what does it mean?
I am just asking to rule out or confirm disease conditions that could present with the symptoms he's having.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by jamesversion: 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kenmatt:

You use to open your Fridge to receive air!!!

"Bros abeg no vex, which Village you from?"

Na Ekiti boy. grin
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Taystee: 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
Yesterday I want to general hospital to see a doctor, he recommended that I should run for test, because it was general hospital so I decided to go and do the test in private laboratory, the test lasted for an hour but going back to see the doctor, the hospital have closed, today being Tuesday I want to see the doctor but the nurses said he doesn't come on Tuesday and I'm seriously sick, doctors in the house please help me. Here is the test result

You will only be misled here on NL. Take your widal test result to the pharmacy,they will prescribe some antibiotics to you.

1 Like

Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by ojun50(m): 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
Oizee:
lol, u no serious, Na me b native doctor?
Oya tell am we dey the op
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by ojun50(m): 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
Akaegwu:
I think say na me be the only mad person for here.
Abeg na only oooh
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by ojun50(m): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kobicove:

Una go kill person for Nairaland grin
My broad just come and enjoy yr self here
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by ejimatic: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:

When I cough hard I will vomit like in the night I vomited as I was coughing
treat both together! . Any stomach pain? Severe? Joint pains? Severe? Is your tonque dirty? Black or fully whitish?
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Dafresh: 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
ejimatic:
treat both together! . Any stomach pain? Severe? Joint pains? Severe?
I don't have joint pain
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by DrAda(f): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
Khastro:

Hi Dr, what of a full blood count?
I once did a FbC and they said my white blood cell is low, but I had the symptoms of malaria fever that was persistent.
Can an FBC tell about typhoid infection?

It can but it is not specific.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by ejimatic: 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
I don't have joint pain
Because of the trace of typoid in yiur results treat it.Hoe weaver treatbthe ulcer more. Chronic ulcers has several symptoms that will look like typoid.I know a lady who became lean because of stomach troubles. She was comitting and could not eat. She is stable now after the ulcer treatment.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by tobe1985: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
State your symptoms, because widal test is absolutele rubbish
Dafresh:
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
I dont really understand d result, but one thing i know, is either u have malaria or u don't 🤔
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by medikend(m): 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
In normal countries, widal test is no longer used to diagnose typhoid fever. Blood, urine and stool cultures are preferred depending on the timing.

However, in developing countries like ours, a single widal test is of no use. Serial widal test ( more than 1) are done and compared to see the trend of the titre, suggesting typhoid infection.

Finally, it should be stated that other factors may affect the titre level aside salmonella.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Felaincarnated: 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2023
U don finally take ur hand find wetin dey u dey find😁
Oladimeji13:
Bro no be typhoid Dey worry u.I was in ur shoes before dis result was exactly like mine then and I was running from one hospital to another and one day I met a doctor he told me it’s not typhoid because 1.80 is not enough to get me dis sick so he said I should go for full body check up which I did not knowing I’ve ulcer so dat how I was diagnosed with gastric ulcer since den I’ve been treating ulcer
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Authur729(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
[quote author=Oladimeji13 post=125278254]Bro no be typhoid Dey worry u.I was in ur shoes before dis result was exactly like mine then and I was running from one hospital to another and one day I met a doctor he told me it’s not typhoid because 1.80 is not enough to get me dis sick so he said I should go for full body check up which I did not knowing I’ve ulcer so dat how I was diagnosed with gastric ulcer since den I’ve been treating ulcer [/quote Good afternoon bros Can you please tell me what you are taking to treat your ulcer?
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by CarlsJaz567(m): 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:

Hello OP,

I uploaded your results for Bing AI chatbot to analyse. The results are below for you to read and decide whether to follow the suggested advice:

The Widal test is a blood test that detects antibodies against the bacteria that cause typhoid fever and paratyphoid fever. The test results show the titers of the antibodies against the O and H antigens of four types of Salmonella bacteria: Paratyphi A, Paratyphi B, Paratyphi C, and Typhi D.

The interpretation of the results depends on the baseline titers of the antibodies in the population, which may vary by region and exposure. Generally, a titer of 1:80 or higher is considered significant and indicative of a recent or current infection. However, some people may have higher titers due to previous vaccination or exposure, and some people may have lower titers despite being infected. Therefore, the Widal test is not very specific or sensitive, and it should be confirmed by other tests such as blood culture or stool culture.

Based on the uploaded document, the results of the Widal test are as follows:
|------------------------| O | H |
| Sal. Paratyphi A | 1:40 | 1:40 |
| Sal. Paratyphi B | 1:20 | 1:20 |
| Sal. Paratyphi C | 1:20 | 1:20 |
| Sal. Typhi D | 1:80 | 1:80 |

The results show that the titers of the antibodies against all four types of Salmonella bacteria are below or equal to 1:80, which means that there is no evidence of a recent or current infection by these bacteria. However, this does not rule out the possibility of a false negative result, especially if the test was done too early or too late in the course of the illness. Therefore, it is advisable to repeat the test after a few days or consult a doctor for further diagnosis and treatment.

The treatment of typhoid fever and paratyphoid fever usually involves antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin, azithromycin, or ceftriaxone. However, some strains of Salmonella bacteria may be resistant to these antibiotics, so it is important to choose the appropriate antibiotic based on the sensitivity test or the local resistance patterns. The treatment may last for 10 to 14 days, depending on the severity of the illness and the response to the antibiotic. In addition to antibiotics, supportive care such as hydration, nutrition, and pain relief may be needed.

I hope this helps you understand your Widal test results and possible treatment options. Please note that I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice. You should always consult your doctor before taking any medication or making any health-related decisions.
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Xkale1996(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:

I need comment not only viewing
go for H pylori test any lab can do it
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Xkale1996(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dafresh:
I used to open my fridge in my shop to receive air without knowing I was harming my self it started with malaria I treated it then I started having cough. The only thing disturbing me now is cough
Can ulcer cause cough and catarrh
stop that it's risky especially old age
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Xkale1996(m): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
Obainoman6:
ordinary typhoid wey u go use agbo #50 naira flush from your body you are here looking for doctor, you be real ajebo.
please what type of agbo can someone buy to flush sugar, typhoid
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by drsibz66(m): 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
Sorry to say , but dropping only your test result is just asking someone to treat your test result. Why not give a little history of your symptoms so they can be interpreted with your results. No qualified doctor would really be able to offer much without your present complains and history of symtoms .
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by smoke555: 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
You get serious typhoid na
Re: I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened by Dafresh: 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
ejimatic:
treat both together! . Any stomach pain? Severe? Joint pains? Severe? Is your tonque dirty? Black or fully whitish?
my tongue is normal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

So, Sperm Donors Are Charging N150k In Port-Harcourt, Egg Donors 400k? / Small Animals And Insects That Cause Big And Deadly Diseases / Nairalanders Help! Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.