Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? (974 Views)

19-year-old Boy Won N38 Million Bet ,his Father Insists He Return The Money / Married Women Caught With Other Men In Their Husbands' Houses (Video) / Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 9:07am On Aug 22, 2023
Some days ago whilst jogging in the morning,I saw an elderly man fervently preaching the gospel,I was thrilled.

Only to see this same man staking n tearing tickets inside one bet shop filled to the brim with young able bodied men.

Lots of men are now wasting their time and destinies in bet houses wasting precious time arguing blindly without putting their hands to work.

I want to know why they engage in such?
Is it to earn extra bucks,or they re just bn lazy or perhaps is an addiction they find hard to stop.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2023
E get wetin una forget there?some are even using their kids school fees to stake games abii na odds.

You needed to see how some will cry bitterly how their ticket cut?
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2023
Betting is one of the signs to know an irresponsible man or woman as the case may be. There's no other justification to it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ojun50(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2023
I think the population that visit the bet shops in Nigeria have drop to 40%, 60% now play on there phone.

1 Like

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Puss360(f): 9:29am On Aug 22, 2023
Free money... Carry 200 naira to win 500k...

Jobless guys everywhere...
grin
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 9:30am On Aug 22, 2023
Puss360:
Free money... Carry 200 naira to win 500k...

Jobless guys everywhere...
grin
How possible is that,using 200 to win 500k.

3 Likes

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 9:31am On Aug 22, 2023
ojun50:
I think the population that visit the bet shops in Nigeria have drop to 40%, 60% now play on there phone.
So you're directly telling us that almost all men are punters?
Even the ones we look up tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ojun50(m): 9:36am On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:

Let say age range 16 to 40.

Do yr research pick 10 guys and check there phone app.

In fact go to Twitter now (X) you will see how most of these guys celebrate there wins even females too

3 Likes

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2023
ojun50:

In fact go to Twitter now (X) you will see how most of these guys celebrate there wins even females too
Even men in their twilights also do it.i do see some with grey mustache.

I know of a woman that sells okpa,she plays too but with RS lotto.shes always looking for people that will lend money to her.
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by talented321: 9:42am On Aug 22, 2023
What women don't know is that'' some men are gentle whether they are smoking' playing bet or doing yahoo while some don't'' every man has one or two things they are doing behind their back''
ojun50:

1 Like

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2023
talented321:
What women don't know is that'' some men are gentle whether they are smoking' playing bet or doing yahoo while some don't'' every man has one or two things they are doing behind their back''
It's a known fact.

Just answer the question thrown.

2 Likes

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2023
No job and they have lost hope in the govt. So the only hope of ever making it by chance is by betting.

I feel for them sha. If the country system is working, there won't be such things around.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2023
Are the men playing bets to generate more incomes to support the homes or it's an addiction?

1 Like

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 9:47am On Aug 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
No job and they have lost hope in the govt. So the only hope of ever making it by chance is by betting.

I feel for them sha. If the country system is working, there won't be such things around.

Nice point....noted!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Solofresh2: 9:49am On Aug 22, 2023
Na poverty cause am.Poverty is what makes people gamble in Nigeria staking N100 to win N200K.In developed countries,in developed countries people gamble for fun by picking a game or two and staking what is affordable on it.People see gambling as a break from poverty in Nigeria.That's why they get so pained after losing their hard earned or borrowed money

4 Likes

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Puss360(f): 9:51am On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:

How possible is that,using 200 to win 500k.
Very possible...even millions... but it's so rare that it's almost unheard of...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by talented321: 9:52am On Aug 22, 2023
Normally i don't know the last time i visit a bet shop because i'm with my phone always'' the problem is many people take their frustration into the game and they expect the game to bless them by force'' no responsible gambler get frustrated because it slip cut' why because they are betting responsible and for the fun, no emotions attached'''
Ahnie a man win 49m with 500 in my area last week' if to say u was in the same state with me i will take u to him so that u will cofirm it that bet has change lifes and also destroy lifes.
ahnie:

It's a known fact.

Just answer the question thrown.
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2023
talented321:
Normally i don't know the last time i visit a bet shop because i'm with my phone always'' the problem is many people take their frustration into the game and they expect the game to bless them by force'' no responsible gambler get frustrated because it slip cut' why because they are betting responsible and for the fun, no emotions attached'''
Ahnie a man win 49m with 500 in my area last week' if to say u was in the same state with me i will take u to him so that u will cofirm it that bet has change lifes and also destroy lifes.
It's getting clearer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 10:00am On Aug 22, 2023
Kajaard you're viewing,mind contributing to the thread.

Nice seeing you around.
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Kajaard: 10:13am On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:
Kajaard you're viewing,mind contributing to the thread.

Nice seeing you around.

Lol cheesy

For me I don't bet and don't think I ever will. But I do understand why some men do it.

You see just like alcohol or smoking, betting has become an addiction to some. The thrill of easy money is difficult to resist. Some after getting some easy wins become hooked even after a series of frequent losses, they still hold on to that belief that their lucky day is not too far ahead. To me I see it as gambling and will never advise anyone to go into it.

For others, the present economic challenges has pushed them to gambling with the hope that a windfall might come (which never happens).

1 Like

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2023
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy

For me I don't bet and don't think I ever will. But I do understand why some men do it.

You see just like alcohol or smoking, betting has become an addiction to some. The thrill of easy money is difficult to resist. Some after getting some easy wins become hooked even after a series of frequent losses, they still hold on to that belief that their lucky day is not too far ahead. To me I see it as gambling and will never advise anyone to go into it.

For others, the present economic challenges has pushed them to gambling with the hope that a windfall might come (which never happens).
Ok,nice points you noted.
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 22, 2023
I've heard that betting can be addictive... Back home there's this neighbor who's just wasting his pension money on betting and apparently he only wins every once in a while.

His two children who are currently in high school would constantly come to our family house to borrow stationery from my nephew and what really pisses me off about these two children is that they never bother to return the stationery afterwards... They'd continue using the stationery like it's their own.

Like I don't understand why these children are now making their family problems ours by not returning my nephew's stationery... Even though their father is a betting addict, their mother is working and my sister can't be working for another couple's children... We had to warn my nephew to never ever borrow them any stationery ever again.
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 22, 2023
Because they are senseless.

2 Likes

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Because they are senseless.
Lolz fire fire!

1 Like

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:

Lolz fire fire!

Na true now, cos how will a grown up adult drop money to gain more money on something that will 99.99999999% fail?

Ask them to show you 20 people that became a millionaire through gambling and remained a millionaire, they cannot, yet men in their millions in every state keep dashing these bet shops money everyday, if not ment and curse wey dey follow them what else.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ojun50(m): 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
talented321:

You are right.
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by illicit(m): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2023
ahnie:

Not all

I don't, I won't, I wouldn't

I dont gamble in any form or guise

I took after my Dad
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by austine4real(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2023
Country hard

Lije this

Home win and over 1

Goal- goal

Yellow card over 5

Wo option Po oo grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by DyingFetus: 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
Football is the reason why most men frequents a bet house

Most are ready to stake their life on a virtual fantasized game

You hardly see a man that don't watch football in a bet house

Only men that watches football you'll find in a bet house especially poor men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by malaria(f): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
Some people make money through bets ooo . It has been helping alot of men . Just let them do it with moderation .
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by ahnie: 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2023
malaria:
Some people make money through bets ooo . It has been helping alot of men . Just let them do it with moderation .
Another nice point noted...
Those that makes money thru betting, should we call them chronic punters? Or docile addicts?
Re: Men,why do you guys frequent bet houses? by Deinma16: 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2023
Are you interested in earning money online from home as an affiliate marketer or influencer?

Join our affiliate marketing program with the link below and earn up to 10% commission on each sale. Limited space available
Join our WhatsApp group.
https:///KNqkcyA1KV35Ua76HJP6ZJ

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Good To Have A Good Lifepartner? / . / 2-yr-old Pupil Falls Into 40ft Borehole In Imo:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.