Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

You Are President! What Do You Do First? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are President! What Do You Do First? (4560 Views)

Prove You Are President Of All – NUJ Tells Buhari / How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? / One Year After 2011 Election: Here Are President Jonathan's Achievements? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by igbo2011(m): 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2011
Nationalize all resources in Nigeria so they can go to the people. But I would probably be killed the next day :/
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 15, 2011
Kill them all jst like spactacus
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by AZeD1(m): 12:38am On Oct 16, 2011
Ban public religious worship
change nigeria from a federal state system to six independent regions similar to the uae
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Gbenge77(m): 5:31am On Oct 16, 2011
Try to fix the economy.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by MMM2(m): 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2011
continue from were dey stop
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by linsa01(m): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2011
I will kill past and present leaders, then introduce compulsory minatory training for all Nigeria citizen, followed by production of war gadgets and mesils, once successful, then i will lead my country to war against USA just to compete for world power
[quote][/quote]
grin
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by juman(m): 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2011
I would just divide the country.

Nigeria is too big as a nation in africa for God sake.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2011
1. I will set up a tribubal to try all coup ploters from 1960 till date. Dead ones included.

2. I will ban the use of generator in Aso Rock and gradually expand the ban. I will call it an act of sabotage if power goes down without proper procudure and those in charge will face the music. If nigerians cannot handle power, I will invite the "whiteman" . but there must be power. I wont care who toes I'll match. I will hold community leaders responsible for any vandalisation of Power equipment. I will gradually send all cables under ground.

3. I will ban the importation of generators, handsets, tvs, radios, etc. Anyone interested in the nigerian market must com and set up their plants here. I want to see, Made In Nigeria, boldly stamped on TVs, Handsets, etc.

4. I will sent up a holistic anti corruption war. It does not make sense arrest exgovernors, while an office clark will insist on extorsion and getaway with it.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by kodewrita(m): 8:55am On Oct 18, 2011
1. Reform the SSS. everything else will depend on this.

2. Separate the governors from the local government funds. Let every one collect directly from the center so we can audit them separately.

3. Mandate each ministry to reduce size to not more than 4 parastatals each, choice of what to cut is up to them. deadline: 6 months.

4. Convert the NYSC into a form of military draft training with civil service projects thrown in.

5. Stop funding the NFF(51 years, no world cup). If it cant survive, let it die.

6. Convert all Nigerian prisons to 6-storey complexes. and use any space saved to build more prisons.

7. Create a mandatory industrial apprenticeship scheme for technicians nationwide.

8. Create a small Marine-Like expeditionary arm of the Nigerian army specially trained to handle local insurgencies like ND crisis and foreign cases like peace-keeping
or unilateral interventions and armed to the frigging teeth with the latest weapons, and gadgets. All sharpshooters.

9. Mandate the C.A.C to automate all operations relating to company registration online and ensure a significant reduction in registration fees and processing time.

10. Declare tax holidays for local producers of rice and other food imports.

11. If there's one project I must complete before I leave: RAIL TRANSPORT. even if we have to bring in entrepreneurs to own rail companies, it must be completed.

12. Entry to Nigerian Civil Service will be dependent on passing a Civil Service Exam (yes malpractices will occur but at least we can stop recruiting most non-entities).

13. Remove the JAMB quota system. By force if necessary.

14. States that seem to have achieved power sufficiency e.g Rivers will be separated from the Nigerian central grid and allowed to accelerate their power plans. We focus on saving the rest.

15. The Nigerian border with Benin Republic will be converted into a physical border. Trenches, Barbed wire, Helicopters, Dogs, Pressure sensors, Reinforced Pillars, Border Patrols. Trespassers will be shot. Survivors shot again.

16. Mandate NCC to release the ISM Band for usage for wifi purposes.

17. Request that Tertiary IT Education curriculum be dictated/approved by the Ministry for Information Tech not just the NUC. Start a Microsoft/Oracle/FG initiative to alter our curriculums to fit a more forward looking nation.

18. Increase size of the nigerian Civil Defense Force and increase their functions.

19. Identify 15 key low-traffic roads in each LGA and award them to reputable contractors to be cement-paved (lasts longer on low-traffic roads, more aesthetically beautiful), debit the accounts of the local governments concerned. Said projects will be 15% subsidized by the FG. Pass law that failure to conclude contracts under this scheme will attract a jail term and million-dollar fine for contractor concerned.

20. Mandate residential accomodation for all tertiary institutions with more than 10,000 students.

21. Looters who confess their embezzlement PRIOR to my administration will be allowed to keep 10% of all the stole (with interest calculated by CBN using the MPR for the periods concerned) if less than $10m. Failure to do so will result in lifetime imprisonment. Undeclared Loot above $10m attract the firing squad.

1 Like

Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2011
Kill Everyone but me and raid the National Treasury like it was meant to grin
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by logic1: 8:02am On Oct 19, 2011
The cynicism on Nairaland is legendary but expected given the terrible state of Nigeria's economy.

Electric power cannot be fixed by a wave of the hand, it will take at least 2 - 4 years (and that's a very optimistic projection).

What we need in Nigeria is strategic economic and political policy changes.

1. Start a gradual process of banning the importation of all goods that can be produced in Nigeria.
2. Get the most skilled Electric Power Engineers into a room WITH ME to fashion out a plan that will allow us to build our power sector by ourselves with all resources from materials to labour sourced locally. This will kill 2 birds with one stone as we'll create millions of new jobs, create a technological revolution and fix our power problem in the long run.

for other suggestions and ideas check out the following thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-764430.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happened After This Lady Gave An FRSC Guy Her Phone Number / BUSTED! Tension As Nigeria Doles Out $258m For Saudi Mercenaries To Face NDA / What Abakaliki Mall Will Look Like. (3D Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.