Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:20 AM

You Are President! What Do You Do First? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are President! What Do You Do First? (4621 Views)

Prove You Are President Of All – NUJ Tells Buhari / How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? / One Year After 2011 Election: Here Are President Jonathan's Achievements? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by yabadabado: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
order the arrest of every tribalist on nairaland and hang them on the power poles in the sahara desert
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
[size=8pt]fLuck wat y'all have been sayin. The first thing I'd do: announce/declare the secession of Oduduwa Republic from the rest of the 'union' then re-sign.[/size]
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by yabadabado: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2011
GEJ , U NEED IDEAS ABI, U COME DEY ASK FOR "EXPO",  ABI POSTER, U DEY TRY CREATE A MANIFESTO FOR 2015,
                WELL I WOULD CREATE A SOCIAL SECURITY PLATFORM TO TAKE CARE OF THE OLD PEOPLE AND SPECIAL CITIZEN[HANDICAPPED] , we too competitive , even from our pmama belle, these old ones and handicapped are not fairly placed,
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by hlexzy: 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
Divert all the looting treasure to Financial Aids to every students that qualify! Education is a must for everyone. when u get a job the money will be deducted automatically from your take home not at once but gradually.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
1. POWER, i will build three nuclear power plants in maiduguri,kano and zamfara with its control stations in Aba,Umuahia and owerri to generate power for stability.
2.Build three new refineries in Enugu,Owerri and Nnewi to meet local demand for petroleum products.
3.build rehabilitation camps in port harcout, Uyo,warri for militants.
4.Open up internal generated revenue offices in lagos,ibadan,sango otta etc.
U see why am a patriotic detriblize nigerian.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
Create an enabling environment for foreign investments and invest on infrastructure, most especially, electricity.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by sizzlers(m): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2011
all4naija:

Create an enabling environment for foreign investments and invest on infrastructure, most especially, electricity.
not new cheesy
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
sizzlers:

not new cheesy
Not new but major hurdles!
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by OvieE: 12:29am On Oct 15, 2011
Crown Prince:

1. POWER, i will build three nuclear power plants in maiduguri,kano and zamfara with its control stations in Aba,Umuahia and owerri to generate power for stability.
2.Build three new refineries  in Enugu,Owerri and Nnewi to meet local demand for petroleum products.
3.build rehabilitation camps in port harcout, Uyo,warri for militants.
4.Open up internal generated revenue offices in lagos,ibadan,sango otta etc.
U see why am a patriotic detriblize nigerian.
[/quote.                               

I like your thought on building nuclear in d north and control it from d south. in that way we can minimiz death in d south.
Have anyone thought About building 20 psychiatry hospitals in d north to accommodates all those Mallans and enough prisons to put them incase they are danger to south society.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by sizzlers(m): 2:11am On Oct 15, 2011
all4naija:

Not new but major hurdles!
if well handled
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by gamechange(m): 3:02am On Oct 15, 2011
Negotiate trade agreements with hope of sparking industries out of our many resources. It is pointless (Japan)toyota flooding our market with their cars and we have no formal opening for nigerian products in their market.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Ajibel(m): 3:13am On Oct 15, 2011
Invest hugely on the NPL so it can be one of the major source of revenue to the government

Take fashola's model of new lagos and work with it as a 2nd master plan

Establish CTU in each geo political zone to curb terrorism

Invest in Nollywood

*i wont lie* Feed my belly!
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 15, 2011
Award myself 2 major oil contract so i'll never be poor again, send whoever is related to me abroad. Separate d south from d north(those guys are drawing us back) Invite white americans to be our political leaders, right from l.g chair to gov and ministerial level and even vice president. U'll be shocked at our transformation within a year.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by lehvih: 6:54am On Oct 15, 2011
I wuld charge all corrupt politians to court and construct good roads
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by linsa01(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2011
Assassinate corrupt leaders in the country.
Declare the creation of Boko Haram republic, MASSOB republic and Oduduwa republic.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by tEsLim(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2011
Assassin*te most a lot of people. I'll make a list at a later time. Every/most president had body counts But mine will be much. Some people will just need to step down though. And then focus on few things and do them even though the country will get into debt

1. Create power stations (hydro, solar farms, geothermal stations) atleast generate 20MGW for naija
2. atleast one working refinery
3. Rail system linking major cities. Lagos Ibadan Abuja PH Kaduna Aba/Onitsha
4. Spend so much on the country to put us in debt like USA. Then resign and go exile incase I'm the body count haunts. BUt I doubt it people will be so happy if they can get things working so i guess they wouldn't mind. And the body count will be corvette operations down by new set of federal machineries. I'll scrap the SS too.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by KnowAll(m): 7:45am On Oct 15, 2011
WHAT Stops a President from supervising a project they believe in. For example what is wrong in how some state Governors visit road projects or other projects in their domain first hand by going to the site to inspect and ascertain what has being done. What stops the President from following suit, following his dreams, policies, and directives to its logical conclusion which site visitation affords him,  albeit imporomptu it would give the head-man a clearer picture of what's gwan. Rather than sit his fat arse in Aso Rock expecting some low special adviser to furnish him with a lotta bullshiit.

If I was President I shall go on a site visits.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by werepeLeri: 8:18am On Oct 15, 2011
Future leaders indeed. Every youth in Nigeria is a potential future leader, my prayer, may none of those who have made comments above me or their family ever find their way into anything leadership in Nigeria years to come.

LOL.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by brainpulse: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2011
@ werepeleri

It is so sad that people have this in their minds, out of the multitude in a man's mind, he speaks.
Then the problem with nigeria is not the people in government alone but the governed. if any of these people get there they will actually do what they av written here.
That is why God will never allow some to get to the post of leadership, cos they will be worst and be a curse to the nation.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by mjconcept(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2011
Curse all of u,bunch of imbeciles most of u cant even rule ur household talk more of ruling Nigeria itself our leaders are corrupt agreed but we cant solve a problem by creating another problem lets us unite to make this country a better place.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by coolestboy(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2011
D first thing i will do is to scrap away dis demoncracy of tin(as fela wil cal it) and chang d govt into a military regime.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by edicolove: 8:57am On Oct 15, 2011
This thread and the comments in it is the reason I am beginning to read less and less of NL. There is no point. Imagine these are the people who insult the government everyday. We pray for Nigeria because when people say our leaders are bad, they don't even realize that the available replacements from the next generation are completely delusional!
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:15am On Oct 15, 2011
See as all of una dey talk like say if they give una chance to be president una no go steal pass them remember say Obasanjo Tinubu and other corrupt politicans was once like us with the dream of transforming Nigeria. Today which way
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Otoks(m): 9:49am On Oct 15, 2011
i will stop exportation of crude oil and importation of already made technology such as cars, laptops, tv etc. I will encourage do it urself and make agriculture,science and technology my to piority.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by realsemaj: 10:02am On Oct 15, 2011
I will call a national constitutional govt which members would be drawn from common country men. Their assignment would be to decide if the country should continue or break up. If the outcome is the former, they wil come up wit peoples' constitution of nigeria to replace the militarized 1999 constitution.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by member479760: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2011
invite whiteman to finish their uncompleted job.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Viciyke(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2011
I can't believe the kind of response am reading from Nigerians/Nairalanders.

1. Call for a Sovereign National Conference 2 know what the People want.
2. A total overhauling of EFCC, ICPC, our entire security outfit putting in place neutral and credit worthy people to fight corruptions.
3. Building a new refinery in all the geo political zones of the country for effective distribution of the product.
4. Strengthen the States (i.e. each State should be autonomous) to handle their own affairs while the Centre only comes when the need is necessary, that way we can have a state and independent police force.
5. We have vase rivers all over the country and a vase reserve of natural gas underground. These natural resources will be used to build power stations 4 constant electricity. Besides this two other means of power generation will also be included to accommodate the entire federation.
6. Make capital punishment compulsory for all public office holders as far as it concerns corruption.
7. If non of the above works, break up the country into four new countries (The Yoruba's one country, The Igbo's one country, The entire North, one Country and the entire Niger Delta One country) dats my call.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by aurenflani: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2011
are some of u guys dis hopeless? say something positive! it may be that one of u may became a politician or get appointment to a political office. fear for threats to ur future now. sometimes d past has a way of comin back to haunt.
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2011
Rename the Poor Country to Something Like 'Oduduwa Estate Or Amadioha Arena' -- Then SkyRocket the Modafucker to Space atleast Solar's gonna boast of 10 Planets! wink
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by TomFord: 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2011
Hmmmm
As much as the Jerry rawlings option seeem palatable,I'm no murderer not to mention mass murderer.i definitely have to find any incriminating material on high ranking politicians

One of my first acts will be to appoint technocrats into my govt(square pegs in square holes)

Drastically reduce the number of ministries in the federal govt

Re-assign every 'minister of state' to the post of deputy minister or even do away with it

Remove the immunity clause for every office holder including my office

pursue the 1990 Gulf war proceeds to a logical conclusion

Address the yearnings of the people but make no mistake i will never ever tolerate a boko haram brouhaha on my soil(that's a direct threat to my mandate)

Recall all my ambassadors and appoint career diplomats mainly(they must be stationed in all advanced/advancing nation)

I certainly will not accent to legislator's budget for their upkeep

Any way the poster asks what will be your first action but do understand that we run a very expensive democracy/government
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2011
Restructure securiy system
Re: You Are President! What Do You Do First? by executinal(m): 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2011
I will kill past and present leaders, then introduce compulsory minatory training for all Nigeria citizen, followed by production of war gadgets and mesils, once successful, then i will lead my country to war against USA just to compete for world power

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra NLC Declares Fasting And Prayer Over Government Neglect / LIVE! Over 3 Million Rivers People Defy Heavy Rain To Welcome Kanu In PH (video) / Whos Watching Senator Abaribe On Sunrise Daily Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.