Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Worshipping In The Spirit - Flesh - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worshipping In The Spirit - Flesh (704 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Flesh Eater, Demonic Prostitute Exposed In Lagos Crusade(pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worshipping In The Spirit - Flesh by ecenter(m): 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2011
True Worship:

John 4:23-24

23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
NKJV

Is there a difference in worshiping in the spirit as apposed to worshiping in actions of the flesh?

Philippians 3:1-3

3 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!

3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
NKJV

It seems to me that worship with the actions of the flesh is not worshiping in the spirit. What do you think?
Re: Worshipping In The Spirit - Flesh by zataxs: 10:08pm On Oct 13, 2011
Christians love Flesh, either they are eating it like cannibals (holy bread?) or there are busy thinking about it and how it challenges them (their hormones)
Re: Worshipping In The Spirit - Flesh by Joagbaje(m): 5:29am On Oct 14, 2011
The two Works together .Worshiping the spirit needs to be expressed in the flesh.
Re: Worshipping In The Spirit - Flesh by ichuka(m): 11:36am On Oct 14, 2011
@op
"THAT WHICH IS FLESH IS FLESH"
go through my recent post-the flesh and God's prescription.
Re: Worshipping In The Spirit - Flesh by zataxs: 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2011
@Joagbaje I understand that is why Christians are so obsessed with Sex. and talk about it 24/7. Challenges of the flesh.
I think Sex therapy sessions are in order.
Re: Worshipping In The Spirit - Flesh by zataxs: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
@i.chuka
I have gone through your post, and you are just shouting the word flesh over and over again, as if you are in a dilemma of sorts, are you getting tempted, is that what this is all about? Because that would have just simplified everything confess!

(1) (Reply)

Put Away Your Whoredoms / Merry Christmas To Nairaland Christians From The Jihadists / Deadly Messages To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.