Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days (49430 Views)

Police Arrest Grandmother For Locking Up Her 3 Grandchildren In Lagos / Living With The Guilt Of Abortion / Woman Wakes Her Husband Up With N500k On His Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Emily22(m): 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
NairaMaster1:

I wish you forsake that your friend who advised you to lock him up. From your story your husband is not even a trouble maker. You failed to understand the fact that he's depressed.

All she said is trash, a man came back home, entered kitchen, started beating you , broke your phone without anything triggering it.

I am sure she must have insulted the living daylight out of the man. Now she is playing the pity card.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by BeigJawnson(m): 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Procashtips:

Did the OP say the above?

Re-read please.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Stevedison:
■ If this happened in the western world the woman wouldn't waste any time to charge him to court. I will advise you to persevere a little, take care of your home. It's normal for you to feel bad after the whole thing but don't let it weigh you down. Still try to let him understand that you are a human too and he has no right as to assault you the way he did.
■ You are presently the bread winner of the family so please keep it going and continue to put him in prayers. If you see better job opportunities or connections please link him in it. I pray for strength in this trying time for you. It's not easy. May God bless your home.
Persevere in what sense? Stay in the same home with a man who let his frustrations led him to use her as a punching bad? He still doesn't have a job so he is still frustrated. undecided

Are you suggesting the man has no understanding even after 2 whole years that the person who has been housing and feeding him is a human being? undecided

2. Prayer for what exactly? That the man doesn't come back and break her head next time? Do you know how long Osinachi must have prayed only to end up wormfood after it all? Why una dey like prescribe prayer where commonsense supposed be the best option? undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Elims91(m): 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Because he lost his job you decided to treat him bad

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by fitinwell: 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
You arrested and lucked up your husband for 2 days? No one is dumb here ma. No right thinking woman just suddenly locks up her husband. Was there food in the kitchen for him when he came home? Did you cook for yourself and just the children?

There are other crises resolution and mediation channels available to resolve issues within spouses. Did you explore any of them?

You most probably had nurtured this thought of locking your husband up for a while. You also most probably have mocked him in your actions and your words.

Madam, you don buy market o! I assure you of this, your husband will never forgive you. The day that man gets a job and finds his feet you will be the one begging for divorce.

I am not making excuses for him. Your husband is going through serious depression. No man wants to not be able to provide for his family. The present economy doesn't help at all. You could have handled the situation better.

You said it all ..
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by braine(m): 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
This marriage is over.

Just wait till he is able to find his feet, then you'll know wassup.

This is one of the many problems that men without money face. It is well.

4 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by BeigJawnson(m): 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
talented321:
Don't rush urself'' calm down

Rush you say?
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by ORIAYO70(m): 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
Procashtips:

Imagine using one side of a story to judge and to condemn the other party.

Tomorrow now, you self go say you sabi give advise.

Have you ever seen anyone come online to say the truth about their role in a dispute that went south?

My dear Chief Justice I never judge, what I said in summary is, losing job is not an excuse to be tipsy or become drunk...

We can feed woman 200yrs if woman feed u 2days u r in soup. But the beating side is No.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
Procashtips:

Did the OP say the above?
jobless for 2 years? He is obviously reluctant to get something doing or too selective/picky

The problem i have with some of you guys is that you know what is wrong and right. If you're in Nigeria, some of you do abnormal but the moment you get to Murtala international airport, you behave decently

Anyway only neive women tolorate you guys rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by royalfly(m): 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Lol.

That's how Osinachi began her dance. Bad advice is worse than ignorance.

My dear, you not married neither do you know the full details of that story. If the man is truly wrong, let him be hanged. Don't use one story to generalize even the woman understands but u claiming osinachi this and that. Marraige nor be movie,

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by fitinwell: 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

My husband lost his job two years ago and ever since he has been so reluctant on getting another.. not to brag but I can say I have been the one keeping the family going ever since the job incidence (not like I ever complained) .

What I noticed about him is he now drinks and smokes and he is always hissing (obviously he is not happy and I try to always console him just to elate his Spirit)

Fast forward to last two months.. I got back from work and I was very tired.. I had to go pick the kids from school , bathe them, feed them and to make matters worst I wasn't feeling too alright .. (when I got home he (my husband) wasn't at home)

When I was done with the kids and fixing the house I was so tired I thought to myself to take a lil nap that was how I slept off (and this was around 9pm) ..

He got back around 10pm obviously drunk and smelling like a skunk.. he went straight to the kitchen. That was how the whole problem started.. first was insult.. then my phone, smashed it on the ground later my clothes he started tearing them .. saying all those things he was destroying was why I was feeling untouchable that he knows I have male friends sleeping with me..

I tried securing my items so he doesn't destroy more things that was how he pounced on me..

The next day I got him arrested he spent two days there.. but now I feel so guilty... He doesn't talk to me anymore.. I have apologized times without number

I don't just know what to do...

Nb: even while he was there I was still taking food to him

Madam you have lost your Home forever...

Your Actions are delibrate.. so you brought up your family matter here on social media to brag about your actions in the name of feeling guilty..

Your cup is full already oo..

5 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Procashtips(m): 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dennisochampa:
.... Madam, u did nothing wrong!!!!
If u did nothing, next time, it may be worse than this.
If he's depressed really, he will look for a job and not go about smashing phones and beating up a woman... Real men who are depressed find solutions to their problems... They don't go about beating their wives and smashing phones....
In advanced countries, he will go to jail and served a restraining order but welcome to Africa where women are expected to eat the shit off men and do nothing about it

Why is she feeling guilty if what she narrated is the absolute truth?

How come it was police station straight she went to?
They dont have friends?
Relatives?
Parents?
Neighbors?
Even church/mosque members (clergymen)?

She feels guilty because she's the actual oppressor in the home and used this to her advantage.

This I am 80% sure of.

It's every tendency that 80% of what she wrote here are lies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Mr school! No one should condole or tolorate violence in marriage or friendship. It is a very common sense.

You still don't get it, I didn't comment on the OP marriage issue. Enjoy your evening
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
Thank you.. smiley smiley smiley
Emily22:

That's why you are unmarried
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Ikorodurealtor: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm sorry to say this, but your husband is childish.

If he was my husband and he starts emotionally blackmailing me like that by refusing to leave those police cells... I was going to leave him there until the police kick him out, or until he decides to leave.

As long as I'd have apologized to him and explained the reason why I got him arrested, I'd have left him there with his childish tantrums.

Maybe it's because I don't tolerate nonsense.

You don't take nonsense?
Then marriage is not for you.... Because in marriage, you must be ready to take nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by popcykaylah(m): 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
Madam I am a man and I respect your efforts ,if he's doing all you claim and he's hitting you then he deserves more than two days .if he doesn't wanna speak to you let him be and stop apologizing . Let him feed on his ego .. face your kids

3 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Hedonisco: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
I keep saying it that most Nigerians are useless without their jobs. They mostly not only lack marketable and/or bankable skills, but are also grossly bereft of basic hustling/money making knowhow.

All the hanging shoulder and forming big for nothing often takes a simple job loss for everything to come crashing down. At that point they wouldn't know what to do to earn ordinary N1k on their own.

Sorry, but this observation is my only (unhelpful) contribution.

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ororocelemi:
So u locked him up and still took food to him grin

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by kchaste(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

My husband lost his job two years ago and ever since he has been so reluctant on getting another.. not to brag but I can say I have been the one keeping the family going ever since the job incidence (not like I ever complained) .

What I noticed about him is he now drinks and smokes and he is always hissing (obviously he is not happy and I try to always console him just to elate his Spirit)

Fast forward to last two months.. I got back from work and I was very tired.. I had to go pick the kids from school , bathe them, feed them and to make matters worst I wasn't feeling too alright .. (when I got home he (my husband) wasn't at home)

When I was done with the kids and fixing the house I was so tired I thought to myself to take a lil nap that was how I slept off (and this was around 9pm) ..

He got back around 10pm obviously drunk and smelling like a skunk.. he went straight to the kitchen. That was how the whole problem started.. first was insult.. then my phone, smashed it on the ground later my clothes he started tearing them .. saying all those things he was destroying was why I was feeling untouchable that he knows I have male friends sleeping with me..

I tried securing my items so he doesn't destroy more things that was how he pounced on me..

The next day I got him arrested he spent two days there.. but now I feel so guilty... He doesn't talk to me anymore.. I have apologized times without number

This is only your side of the story. His side of the story might tell the opposite.

What's was going through your mind in the two nights he slept in the police cell like a criminal.

You both need help.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Beverlyjean(f): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
Samantha124:
Well, what he did was unlawful and if you ask me, you did the right thing by getting him arrested.

Let it be a warning to him that next time you wouldn't be lenient on him.... You can apologize to him for getting him arrested, but let him know that you don't appreciate what he did to you and you're not going to stand for it if he continues with his behavior.

It's not your fault that he lost his job and can't find another one.

Women like u give evil advice ... people should avoid women like u

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by stevups(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
Don't worry, shit happens. He will soon forget and forgive you. Just try to do well well for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Styluss: 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family

Quick question
would you have arrested him if he was the breadwinner of your family even though he was drunk and asulted you?

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by luskysylver(m): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
MEN ALWAYS USE THEIR FRUSTRATIONS ON THEIR WIVES. I DONT KNOW WHY. WHEN AM NOT HAPPY I JUST FOCUS ON THE THINGS THAT GOT ME SAD AND MOVE ON. I HAVE MADE SO MANY WRONG FINANCIAL DECISIONS THAT AM SERIOUSLY FACING THE CONSEQUENCES AND NON OF THESE DECISIONS WERE CAUSED BY MY WIFE BUT I HAVE TO BEHAVE MYSELF AND WOULD NEVER BLAME HER FOR ANY OF THIS DECISIONS. WHEN U LOST A JOB, REMEMBER UR WIFE WAS NOT UR EMPLOYER, SO ITS BEST U START THINKING ON WHAT TO DO.

ARRESTING UR HUSBAND WAS THE BEST DECISION ATLEAST HE WILL KNOW THAT U KNOW UR RIGHTS INASMUCH AS HE WILL NOT BE HAPPY HE SHOULD ALSO KNOW THAT U WERE NOT ALSO HAPPY FOR HIM TO HIT U.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by cococandy(f): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2023

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by braine(m): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Alusiizizi:

The moment that you brought in other men to overpower your husband in his own house, your marriage was irreversably destroyed. What you did was even worse than keeping other men as boyfriends, in his eyes, and trust me, cry all you want but he will never forgive you. Your only option now is to move back to your Fathers' house.

100%
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by sonofthunder: 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

This problem did not start with your husband losing his job.

It's either you are hiding the main problem from us or you also don't know the problem.

In both cases it's almost impossible to get a solution here (or anywhere else)

What led to his depression? Or was he simply hiding his bad habits? Why will he doubt if the children are his? From your timeline you most likely had them before he lost the job.

3 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Hisincrease: 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Persephone1:
May we not marry a boy man grin

Dear Op, my people have an adage it is: Aiki lo kabo ile ejo , ka tun sore. It means we don't come back from court to become friends. Arresting your husband may be right or wrong but what happens when he is released?
If you were arrested as a wife, will you be happy with your husband and let everything go back to normal when you are released?
Especially in this part of the world.

If you still want a happy marriage after a dispute, police station should not be an option. In the sight of the law, you are right but culturally you are not.

Get elders to speak to him, I hope he listens. May God help you. This matter deep i can't think straight self cheesy

Very apt reasoning.
You can be legally right but culturally wrong.

I think I have learnt from this comment.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Willie2015: 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Elims91:
Because he lost his job you decided to treat him bad

Every man should have not less than 3 streams of income....

U will know the true nature of a woman...

the day you lose your job and you dont have a back up to provide...

A husband in this scenario need to have double portion of Patience...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
occfx:

Don't believe in women stories.. They usually claim victim of any circumstance.
if we don't believe everything she said at least you and i know some men are violence in marriage by hitting their wives.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Weathered: 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

for you to disrespect, lock up your husband in a police cell, another man is fawking you

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Procashtips(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
UnfairLife7:
jobless for 2 years? He is obviously reluctant to get something doing or too selective/picky

The problem i have with some of you guys is that you know what is wrong and right. If you're in Nigeria, some of you do abnormal but the moment you get to Murtala international airport, you behave decently

Anyway only neive women tolorate you guys rubbish

You obviously believed her 100%

What if what he's bringing home is like 20% of what he was handling before losing his job?

Been married before?
Ever been told by a woman that 'what are you even bringing home self"?

Ever been told -" is this what your mates are dropping for food"?

Did she tell you how long the man has been working and fending for the home before losing his job 2 years ago?

Did you bother to ask if he does side hustles or drops whatever that comes his way?

Did you bother to ask if he smoked and drank prior to losing his job and why the sudden change?

Imagine judging someone else with a one sided story without asking relevant questions.

3 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by kchaste(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:

It was more of a warning to him.. I didn't neglect him there.. he had access to his phone.. even though as first he wasn't taking my call but I kept texting him..

Now the thing is he was supposed to come out the next day but he refused. Said since I placed him there he'd wish to die there(emotional blackmail if you ask me)

I had to go with his friends to beg him the next day..

You call it emotional blackmail?

You are obviously happy with your actions.

U are wicked.

If u like let those who are single mothers or can't find a husband or can't keep one mislead u here.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Young Lady Mourns Her Husband Who Died Two Weeks After Their Wedding (Video) / See What A Lady Posted About Husbands & Wife Battery: Women Do You Agree? / Which Is The Happiest Day In A Woman's Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.