Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook (18131 Views)

HURIWA Apologizes To Asabe Waziri An NNPCL Staff Over Defamatory Statement / Emefiele Demands N25bn As Damages From Akpabio Over ‘defamatory Remark’ / Court Jails Senator Peter Nwaoboshi For 7 Years For Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:43am On Aug 23, 2023
Okay
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by Sharpsharp00123: 7:03am On Aug 23, 2023
endsarrrs:
How I wish some Nairaland people can be taken to court.
all those Igbo nuisance will b silenced once

1 Like

Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by beardedboy(m): 7:04am On Aug 23, 2023
Luckysbab:
So the defamed can't defend himself? Why should a third party (the court) help him fight his fight? And what happened to the freedom of speech?

That above sounds foolish, right? This is exactly how Christians especially sound when they question why Muslims are angry over someone defaming the Prophet of Islam or other symbols of the religion.

Just like the court will intervene as the custodians of the professor's human rights of decency, so will the body of Islamic faithfuls intervene as the custodians of the customs and traditions of their Noble Prophet. The only clause being that individual adherents are not supposed to take laws into their hands, but rather refer to the Shari'a courts.

Freedom of expression should not be abused.
Well said brother.

1 Like

Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by KingExalted: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2023
You don't fight for your god if he's actually alive as you claim. You people are the cause of violence everywhere in the world. You can't be preaching peace without tolerance. It's hypocrisy

]So the defamed can't defend himself? Why should a third party (the court) help him fight his fight? And what happened to the freedom of speech?[/b]

That above sounds foolish, right? This is exactly how Christians especially sound when they question why Muslims are angry over someone defaming the Prophet of Islam or other symbols of the religion.

Just like the court will intervene as the custodians of the professor's human rights of decency, so will the body of Islamic faithfuls intervene as the custodians of the customs and traditions of their Noble Prophet. The only clause being that individual adherents are not supposed to take laws into their hands, but rather refer to the Shari'a courts.

Freedom of expression should not be abused.[/quote]
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by Versal: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2023
Where are your manners?

Where is the picture of the lecturer?
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by Nairas2dollars: 8:10am On Aug 23, 2023
starbuck:
He was my lecturer back then in Tansian University and he was just a cool and calm man...

People do really change 🤦‍♀️

Stephanie is this you?
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by ultimateprof: 8:24am On Aug 23, 2023
endsarrrs:

They would have jailed all us!
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by Diesel1(m): 9:17am On Aug 23, 2023
simpleseyi:

So MAD men dey teach for universities in Igbo land. No wonder the type of graduates they produce
Who is better than Prof. Chinụa Achebe in your state?
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by XAUBulls: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2023
starbuck:
He was my lecturer back then in Tansian University and he was just a cool and calm man...

People do really change 🤦‍♀️
I initially thought your former Uni was located in Tanzania until you clarified.

Never heard of Tansian Uni until now... Nice name though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2023
slimfit1:
The people who approved this law will be a victim of the law soon.

Nobody is above the law.
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by XAUBulls: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2023
abc115:

https://punchng.com/court-jails-unizik-ex-lecturer-for-defamatory-comments-on-facebook/
The punishment for online defamation in this case isn't stiff enough, and the option of fine is too low and will not help to curb extremely criminal cases of online defamation and deliberate spread of misinformation online and offline. Period.
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by 7lives: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2023
XAUBulls:

The punishment for online defamation in this case isn't stiff enough, and the option of fine is too low and will not help to curb extremely criminal cases of online defamation and deliberate spread of misinformation online and offline. Period.

Government should add # 5,000,000 fine for defamation.
All those aproko forming bloggers go find better work do.
Bunch of swines, numbskulls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by XAUBulls: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2023
7lives:

Government should add # 5,000,000 fine for defamation.
All those aproko forming bloggers go find better work do.
Bunch of swines, numbskulls.
I completely agree with you here bruv.

Even the members of the Japanese parliament as of 2022 have introduced tougher jail times and higher monetary fines for cyber bullying due to the death of a famous female Japanese actress.
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by donmik: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2023
endsarrrs:
You 're a supporter of evil govt
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by Digitalwitch: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2023
Luckysbab:
So the defamed can't defend himself? Why should a third party (the court) help him fight his fight? And what happened to the freedom of speech?

Freedom of expression should not be abused.
The bolded text is the reason why Islamic faithful are questioned.
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by donmik: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2023
[quote author=XAUBulls post=125302838]
I completely agree with you here bruv.

Even the members of the Japanese parliament as of 2022 have introduced tougher jail times and higher monetary fines for cyber bullying due to the death of a famous female Japanese actress.

Ask yourself first.
Do they practise such a wicked and corrupt system of democracy as you have assumed to be the norm in Nigeria?
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by ogaemma: 11:15am On Aug 23, 2023
talented321:
Maybe he mistake facebook for nairaland'' if u carry nairaland mentality go facebook.... Them go treat ur fuckup''

So much immunity in Nairaland.
Is a pity is been abused.
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by Weathered: 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
How did he get to spend 4 months in jail over defamation in awaiting trial?

Sounds very fishy to me.
Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by Nonexisting1: 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
Alex the ugly short devil. I can bet my balls that all they said about him is true. The gossip no go fit pass his escapade with the married vaginarian lecturer he dey fucck. That one sef no be news again.

Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by endsarrrs(f): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
donmik:
You 're a supporter of evil govt
I will take you to court

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook by Luckysbab: 12:04am On Aug 24, 2023
Digitalwitch:

The bolded text is the reason why Islamic faithful are questioned.

Maybe for some critics. But many do not even want the Muslim faithfuls taking offence at all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Failed Nigeria, North Should Wait Till 2031, Arewa Think Thank Declares / Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake / Fayose: Umahi Left PDP Long Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.