Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' (47700 Views)

Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by RaptorX: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Toks2008:

You people keep making ignorant posts back to back.

If you sell your properties for 50 million to come to UK with full rights to work, you have made a wise decision cos you will make that money back in less than 3 years working in the UK especially if you have a wife to join forces with.
LOL total and absolute lies, you are delusional with this bold faced lie. People in the UK for 20 to 30 years don't even have 50 million talkless of 3 years.

13 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by MyAmericandream(f): 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
formular2002:

Now, you don't need plenty generosity. A gift of £10 to someone in need is over 10k in Nigeria and will be much appreciated.
Except if there is a history of extortion

They won't appreciate it. They want you to give them money in pounds/dollars. Some people even do the conversion and ask you for large amount in naira. If you send them 10k is peanut to them.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jaxxy(m): 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
How many people will they give money to? its impossible to help everybody u know.

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by assholemods: 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Mindlog:
And the writer, Osahon George Osayimwen still lives in the UK. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
And so? Is that why she cannot tell people about the reality on ground to educate people?
I am sure you belong to the class of people that will say " If the place is not good why is she living there"?

3 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by defebe: 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
2300 pound is like earning 200k monthly in Nigeria, please tell me how a family man based in lagos can survive in Lagos with 200k. Which loan are you paying, when you still pay rent..The major loan people pay in UK is Mortgate and Auto loan of wch auto loan is minute compare to mortgage. With 2300 you can live a decent life in UK if you mo do pass yourself..A saving of 500 pounds monthly is to too small
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by uuzba(m): 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
Mindlog:
And the writer, Osahon George Osayimwen still lives in the UK. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
If you doesn't have any single money do you think he will come back and show that? Many of them hide there with nothing, working day and night shift with no savings.
That kind of person cannot come back to Nigeria na. With what? Where will he live?

3 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by BarrElChapo(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
UK is very hard to live in. I get a sense of why they're frugal with cash.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by uuzba(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
Persephone1:
I don't understand this mantra honestly. Most people i know overseas are trying to move their people (family) to join them overseas. Perhaps it's just my circle.

Are Nigerians in Nigeria cheerful givers? grin
If Nigerians are not cheerful givers, how then are their pastors rich?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by uuzba(m): 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
Eriokanmi:
The number 1 reason is a very wicked one. No wonder they easily commit suicide, just because there's nobody to express their minds to. Everybody is just on their own. Too bad!
Let's get this straight.
Western people know that Everybody needs help. But they institutionalised their helping system..
Evrybodu can get help in multiple ways. Student loans for school, credit card for business, or charity for sick/disabled people, even homeless shelter.
The family members might not help each other because they know, you can just go and get whatever help money from government.
And if government refuses you, it must be because you have a bad habit you have refused to change that is maintaning a low credit score for you. Probably a drug addict or something similar.
They also have PATREON website, where you write your ideas and people donate to help your business.
I didn't think we Nigerians can get any help from that patreon for Nigerian business. It is meant for western people for western stuff. Dollar to Dollar transactions..
So, yes they do help. But in an organised way without favoritism..

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Toks2008(m): 11:30pm On Aug 22, 2023
RaptorX:
LOL total and absolute lies, you are delusional with this bold faced lie. People in the UK for 20 to 30 don't even have 50 million talkless of 3 years.

I bet you are writing this from Nigeria.

Calm down and stop arguing. You can save £1k(over N1M) a month if you have a very supportive wife and a good job with some overtime.

So even if it takes you 5 years to save 50million naira you are doing well and remember that people in UK live a quality life Nigerians can only buy.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by uuzba(m): 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
BarrElChapo:
UK is very hard to live in. I get a sense of why they're frugal with cash.
Give Nigerians money and the next thing is to marry SECOND wife, drink champagne, SPRAY money cash in party and be eating unnecessary shawarma, left and right. Is that not just stupidity.
These things I mentioned are NEVER done by UK people.
They just live life quietly and humbly.

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by adonainana: 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Toks2008:

If you sell your properties for 50 million to come to UK with full rights to work, you have made a wise decision cos you will make that money back in less than 3 years working in the UK especially if you have a wife to join forces with.

If it was this easy, then every single married couple born in the uk would have at least £50,000 (50 million naira ) in thier savings .

And sentiments aside I’m sure we both agree this is not the case.

The uk is an incredibly tough place to have any money left after your monthly bills more less 50 million naira (£50k) saved in 3 years

It’s incredibly hard and almost impossible to accomplish things like this

9 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
uuzba:

If Nigerians are not cheerful givers, how then are their pastors rich?
Nigerians are religious people cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by int0x80(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
I wonder why anyone would want to go to UK, there is no money there unless you are into illegal activities.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by uuzba(m): 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Been that way since the 80’s

UK people are “NATURALLY” stingy!

Rumors even has it that, Peter Obi learnt it from there.
The people might appear "Stingy" to each other and to you. But they are not stingy to their government as they pay bastardly high taxes and their government is not stingy to them as it gives them seriously high quality of life and security. Good roads, light, clear dustbin, serene and secure environment, responsive and smart police, working judicial system, child support, homeless support, that their FREE NHS (Free hospital), some level of free school nursery, primary, secondary..
They are already paying so much for their quality of life. They don't have any extra to just dash you

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by RaptorX: 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
Toks2008:

I bet you are writing this from Nigeria.

Calm down and stop arguing. You can save £1k(over N1M) a month if you have a very supportive wife and a good job with some overtime.

So even if it takes you 5 years to save 50million naira you are doing well and remember that people in UK live a quality life Nigerians can only buy.

And you will just get to the UK with a good job where you are saving £1k a month is waiting for you, keep deceiving yourself. I know about the UK more than you even if you live there.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by ogbonti: 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
IjebuWarrior:
Dat U.K no be am at all. Many of my friends living there still dey ask me for assistance.

there is no where in the western world people pick money from trees or on the ground

you have to work hard or for your money 💵 or you break the law and go to jail

no APC or PDP free money to play with oo
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Toks2008(m): 12:04am On Aug 23, 2023
adonainana:

If it was this easy, then every single married couple born in the uk would have at least £50,000 (50 million naira ) in thier savings .

The uk is an incredibly tough place to have any money left after your monthly bills more less 50 million naira (£50k) saved in 3 years

People live above their income. That is the problem.

Even if you save 500 pounds every month, you are still better of . lets not fool ourselves.
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Toks2008(m): 12:07am On Aug 23, 2023
YoungmcCoy56:
wassup Bro I disagree with the stingy part. i have one Oyibo Brit Woman she gave me the break down of living in the UK then i realised the only difference between living in the UK and Nigeria is the fact that you can get a menial job there which 80 percent of your salary go for tax and other bills only for you to be left with little, key word little amount. is it the little left that you want them to send back home?

haba Bro let's not be selfish please. forget the packaging and background this guys are struggling

See how people just assume falsehood. over 80% on tax and bills.

The problem is that many Nigerians living in UK have no right to work so you are bound to suffer if you are not fortunate.

Nobody who has right to work will suffer except he is lazy or picky.

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by RaptorX: 12:10am On Aug 23, 2023
adonainana:

That person probably lives in Nigeria, talking all that crap about saving 50 million in 3 years living in the UK. Like you will just be saving all your money and someone else will be paying your bills for you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Toks2008(m): 12:10am On Aug 23, 2023
uuzba:

Let's get this straight.
Western people know that Everybody needs help. But they institutionalised their helping system..
Evrybodu can get help in multiple ways. Student loans for school, credit card for business, or charity for sick/disabled people, even homeless shelter.
The family members might not help each other because they know, you can just go and get whatever help money from government.
And if government refuses you, it must be because you have a bad habit you have refused to change that is maintaning a low credit score for you. Probably a drug addict or something similar.
They also have PATREON website, where you write your ideas and people donate to help your business.
I didn't think we Nigerians can get any help from that patreon for Nigerian business. It is meant for western people for western stuff. Dollar to Dollar transactions..
So, yes they do help. But in an organised way without favoritism..

Please leave this people writing ignorantly.

How many NIgerians can save 500k after all living expenses or even 200k

2 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Toks2008(m): 12:13am On Aug 23, 2023
RaptorX:
That person probably lives in Nigeria, talking all that crap about saving 50 million in 3 years living in the UK. Like you will just be saving all your money and someone else will be paying your bills for you.

Well i guess you are limited in your reasoning.

Many PEople make over 3k or 4k pounds after tax and their living expenses is below 2k. Argue with your keyboad.
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by ashawopikin(m): 12:16am On Aug 23, 2023
thesicilian:
Even before I saw the name of the writer, I already knew he was writing from the UK and would not hesitate to let us know that.
na their way

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by AllenSpencer: 12:16am On Aug 23, 2023
uuzba:

The people might appear "Stingy" to each other and to you. But they are not stingy to their government as they pay bastardly high taxes and their government is not stingy to them as it gives them seriously high quality of life and security. Good roads, light, clear dustbin, serene and secure environment, responsive and smart police, working judicial system, child support, homeless support, that their FREE NHS (Free hospital), some level of free school nursery, primary, secondary..
They are already paying so much for their quality of life. They don't have any extra to just dash you

So people in other countries don’t go through same. Only UK peeps go through your mentions?
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by pansophist(m): 12:17am On Aug 23, 2023
When you beg your abroad friends for money, just know that others are begging them for money as well. You can only see chats between you and your abroad friend, but not him and others asking for money.

14 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by pansophist(m): 12:19am On Aug 23, 2023
GeneralPula:
UK is very cost to live. Most of the Nigerians living there self dey struggle hard ni..

Yes o, even their hotel room is stingy.

I rent one hotel, come and see small room. Meanwhile, online, the pictures looks like the room is huge like a stadium.

Photographers need to start going to jail.

16 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Toks2008(m): 12:24am On Aug 23, 2023
thesicilian:
Even before I saw the name of the writer, I already knew he was writing from the UK and would not hesitate to let us know that.

He is a stingy man by default. grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Toks2008(m): 12:26am On Aug 23, 2023
pansophist:
When you beg your abroad friends for money, just know that others are begging them for money as well. You can only see chats between you and your abroad friend, but not him and others asking for money.

Gbam.

When you ask, you think you are the only one asking not knowing there are many people in line already.

On the average, people in UK or anywhere in the west part with not less than N200k every month in form of handouts to people in naija.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by AllenSpencer: 12:26am On Aug 23, 2023
Toks2008:

🤣🤣🤣

You will not make heaven.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

China-Based Nigerian Man Crashes His G-Wagon SUV. Photos / Woman Kills 3 Children After Her Car Failed Brake In Abia State. Graphic Photos / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.