Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' (47698 Views)

Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
all those there are naija students spending money they brought from nigeria
lol. I will leave you to your opinion. Please hold your leaders to account e get why.
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 8:34am On Aug 23, 2023
Toks2008:

I know couples saving £1500 every month.

You guys should stop making baseless arguments.

When you come to UK and want to live in 3 bed apartment, want to drive a car, keep buying what you don't need....

You will end up spending more than you should

An average person making 1500 after tax will pay a rent of £600 (all bills inclusive) meaning gas, electricity, high speed WiFi, water, and so on included in the rent.

Feed very well with 200 and put another 200 aside for misc.

You will be left with 500 pounds savings.

Now if you have a good job in NHS or other good sectors you can make over 2k after tax... Now do the maths.

If you now have a supportive wife and you move outside London, you will be saving even more
very good point.

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Fearyourcreator: 8:34am On Aug 23, 2023
Pierocash:
This is a country some people in Nigeria will sell their houses , cars , and borrow loan to migrate to. You see a multi millionaire here , doing well here migrate to UK after selling their properties, only to end up doing menial jobs to survive. No be juju be that
Many Nigerians like following trends .. not that many Sabi reason .. especially the youth of today

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Fearyourcreator: 8:35am On Aug 23, 2023
jesmond3945:
people migrate because of their kids and is worth it in the end.
Dem wan dash pikin money abi no be say pikin no go pay tax and also hustle too
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by uuzba(m): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:
You didn't get my point. I wasn't talking of seeking help from government or corporate bodies or what have you. Rather, I was talking of individuals helping out in a way, which isn't available in most of the western countries where the government does almost everything for their people. I had lived in a couple of them, to say the least.

Help could come in different ways and forms, I agree. But not everything you share with the government or what have you. There are some issues that are better shared with individuals or family members due to sensitivity. But because such a structure isn't available in the west, many of them would just keep it to themselves, manage it, for those who can or fall in a depression and later commit suicide, if they feel its not manageable .

I remember a neighbour who walked to me and said her grown daughter still bedwets, someone old enough to even get married. She said her daughter feels depressed about this all the time. I don't want to sound religous here but she received a solution to that disgraceful experience. She's still in the university, I think. In the Western countries, such a pretty girl would have killed herself, due to the kind of the structure in place. Everybody is skeptical of their neighbours over there. This girl had been to hospitals, done several tests yet, no solution before i stepped in.

In another scenario, my wife once told me that her sister has been worried about the delayed conception. She had a son but wanted more. She said each time her husband meets her, the whole stuff would flow out, instead of flowing inside and fertilising her egg and her husband was calling her unprintable names already. She's been to hospital, they've prescribed drugs, et al, no solution.

Long story cut short, I told my wife to tell her sister that, when next she ovulates, she should tell her husband to reach her from the back and wait after pouring it inside for some minutes before pulling out. She became pregnant after that meeting. 2de, they have 3 children together, carbon copies of their dad.

The 2 examples given above were just a few,out of many. People would knock at their relations' or neighbours' doors and share their thoughts on burning issues and find succour. Can you walk to the government over there and discuss such? The answer is no. A nursing student told me she wanted to end it because she had failed a multiple times and she doesn't want to go back home a failure cos her parents will almost kill her. I sat her down, gave her the encouragement she needed . This November, she will graduate. She had to resit those courses, though she had an extra year. She's happy today. Can she go to the government to discuss such? I don't want to share what led to her poor performance here but its not money. She saw me as someone she could confide in and she received a solution.

There's a lady here, whose name I won't mention. She had spiritual problems, bad dreams, etc. She was feeling depressed at some point. I reached out to her personally, she did the needful. She came here to share good news. Such intimacy isn't built in the west and that's why suicide rate is so high oner there. Africa culture really helps in mitigating such missions.

In western world, bed wetting girl would have been taken straight to hospital. In UK, gets free treatment. Shey be it is thses Nigerian hospitals that are so bad, that our doctors are running away right there to overseas countries, to work in their hospitals with proper equipment.
These our same Nigerian doctors speaking French here will go overseas and perform miracles in their hospitals.
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by chariisGRACE(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2023
pansophist:

Yes o, even their hotel room is stingy.

I rent one hotel, come and see small room. Meanwhile, online, the pictures looks like the room is huge like a stadium.

Photographers need to start going to jail.

Ultrawide angle lens
😂🤣😂🤣
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 8:43am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
that mane don’t know places with cheap rent is because it is a blue collar town with service jobs that pay like 9 pounds an hour

I also noticed he said he and the wife will be working. So this means they would hire childcare for the children. The childcare payment is the same as the wife’s salary so it makes sense for her to be a stay at home mum

Some of these negros are just clueless
childcare for how many days?. If your kids are in full time schooling, what is the business with childcare? You guys should change your circle. The problem is that nigerians are not open about their affairs unlike indians. Many nigerians are swimming in money. The guy on twitter driving 2023 mercedes was even telling people that he is suffering, that life is hard. Thats nigerians for you. I belonged to a group with other nigerians and uk govt was giving out free money. Do you know i was the only person who told others but i was shocked they knew about it but they hid it. This is the only thing i hate about the commumity.

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by sukkot: 8:44am On Aug 23, 2023
jesmond3945:
lol. I will leave you to your opinion. Please hold your leaders to account e get why.
it’s not my opinion, it’s the truth. Those Davido and asake concerts are always full of Nigerian students, especially girls who knew these guys music from back home. The average Londoner or Nigerian who lives permanently in London do not know who asake is and neither do they have time to be going to concerts. Na students Dey get all those kind time and joy
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by justwise(m): 8:44am On Aug 23, 2023
Since i saw this thread i have been reading commnets and laughing my backside off...Nigerians in the Uk are stingy? Ok go and make your own money and spree

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by Alusiizizi(m): 8:44am On Aug 23, 2023
Pierocash:
This is a country some people in Nigeria will sell their houses , cars , and borrow loan to migrate to. You see a multi millionaire here , doing well here migrate to UK after selling their properties, only to end up doing menial jobs to survive. No be juju be that

You forgot to mention that after they have rendered themselves absolutely penniless and overstayed their visas, they end up back in the Mushin from where they ran away with nothing but a bag of clothes to show for their existence.

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by AllenSpencer: 8:47am On Aug 23, 2023
But truth be told, UK peeps will teach you good English, after that, you will not get shishi
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by sukkot: 8:49am On Aug 23, 2023
jesmond3945:
childcare for how many days?. If your kids are in full time schooling, what is the business with childcare? You guys should change your circle. The problem is that nigerians are not open about their affairs unlike indians. Many nigerians are swimming in money. The guy on twitter driving 2023 mercedes was even telling people that he is suffering, that life is hard. Thats nigerians for you. I belonged to a group with other nigerians and uk govt was giving out free money. Do you know i was the only person who told others but i was shocked they knew about it but they hid it. This is the only thing i hate about the commumity.
chief someone has to drop them off and pick them up from school and look after them while you are working. you are clueless

2 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 8:54am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

grin grin grin

People like you are the ones deceiving people to sell their 50m Naira hoise in Nigeria, only to go start struggling in UK!

50m in 3 years? You wont make heaven! grin grin
is possible. Thats 43k in 3 years.

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by adonainana: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2023
jesmond3945:
my brother forget this talk. Please change your circle. Many nigerians use that to buy their car hands down. Just go to all this igbo unions or yoruba or edo unions or even old boys reunion you would see men.

The comparative analysis is easy, if it was this easy most couples in the uk living there would have £50k saved .

It’s just a reasonable inference one could make from the example made above

So all you have to do is come and see genuinely how many couples living in England and wales have £50,000 saved up in 3 years

Do you even know what the national median annual salary is more less that taxation on it, more less the compulsory expenses living in an advanced country .

A country that survives mainly on tax that even to watch your tv from the comfort of your house you must pay a monthly tax. To live in a certain area , tax.

And you are here telling me I should come and see Edo society in the uk , Akwa ibom people in the uk they have £50k saved up or are you busy playing around

6 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by RECHMOND: 8:58am On Aug 23, 2023
I have never liked UK, I know UK is not bad but it's not for hustling and even usa is not for hustling. Taxes go choke ur trout comot. Countries like Canada and Germany, even Australia are ur best bet for hustling bro

2 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by justwise(m): 8:59am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
chief someone has to drop them off and pick them up from school and look after them while you are working. you are clueless

Sorry to say this but i think the clueless person here is you.

I really wonder if you have ever been to the UK before let alone know how the system works.

People work different shifts, Night shift, late morning shift, mid-days start shifts, working from home etc..i mean i can go on and on..

People plan their family runs around those shifts and still survive.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 9:03am On Aug 23, 2023
adonainana:

The comparative analysis is easy, if it was this easy most couples in the uk living there would have £50k saved .

It’s just a reasonable inference one could make from the example made above

So all you have to do is come and see genuinely how many couples living in England and wales have £50,000 saved up in 3 years

Do you even know what the national median annual salary is more less that taxation on it, more less the compulsory expenses living in an advanced country .

A country that survives mainly on tax that even to watch your tv from the comfort of your house you must pay a monthly tax. To live in a certain area , tax.

And you are here telling me I should come and see Edo society in the uk , Akwa ibom people in the uk they have £50k saved up or are you busy playing around

i am telling you forget grammar. Nigerians in uk are doing very well, when I mean very well. Is just that we are not open and sincere. We rather use it to oppress and intimidate each other. I was with a nigerian couple the other day air b n b things. Come and see mansion. The other other day we were looking for accomodation with my friend that arrived in the country. When we went to the neighbourhood, the guy who is a nigerian just pulled up with 2022 e class looking suave. He was moving to scotland to start a job. Or is it my uncle that is living in a 1m pounds mansion in shenfield. Did you see the new yam festival in manchester. Just get a good job or even business not these minimum wage shit.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
lol. You drop them off. Then take a break from work go and pick them. Then drop at a friends place max 2 hours then drive to pick them off to your house. Is that what is equivalent to someone's monthly salary?
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 9:07am On Aug 23, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Dem wan dash pikin money abi no be say pikin no go pay tax and also hustle too
my brother forget matter. You cannot compare the exposure and money kids in uk get with nigerian kids. They are very far apart.
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
it’s not my opinion, it’s the truth. Those Davido and asake concerts are always full of Nigerian students, especially girls who knew these guys music from back home. The average Londoner or Nigerian who lives permanently in London do not know who asake is and neither do they have time to be going to concerts. Na students Dey get all those kind time and joy
you have a point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by adonainana: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2023
jesmond3945:
i am telling you forget grammar. Nigerians in uk are doing very well, when I mean very well. Is just that we are not open and sincere. We rather use it to oppress and intimidate each other. I was with a nigerian couple the other day air b n b things. Come and see mansion. The other other day we were looking for accomodation with my friend that arrived in the country. When we went to the neighbourhood, the guy who is a nigerian just pulled up with 2022 e class looking suave. He was moving to scotland to start a job. Or is it my uncle that is living in a 1m pounds mansion in shenfield. Did you see the new yam festival in manchester. Just get a good job or even business not these minimum wage shit.

Who told you people were doing bad before

Even in Nigeria as things are almost collapsing there are people with money way far than some uk people will dream about

Who told you anyone was struggling

Your uncle lives in a 1m pounds house

How many people will move from Nigeria to uk and end up living in a 1m pounds house

Get a good job how many jobs will pay 1m pounds a year to an immigrant

You better wake up and don’t let ignorance kill you

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by sukkot: 9:11am On Aug 23, 2023
justwise:
[/b]

I really wonder if you have ever been to the UK before let alone know how the system works.

People work different shifts, Night shift, late morning shift, mid-days start shifts, working from home etc..i mean i can go on and on..

you may be lucky to find jobs where he does night shift ( but you know that’s going to be security work dead end job ) while she works daytime , but these things are luck and not the reality for most. The reality for most is that the women have all resorted to being stay at home mums and have all opened YouTube channels ( I know a million of them on YouTube ) to bring in an extra 50 pounds a month

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by assholemods: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2023
Mindlog:

I schooled here in the UK, presently living and working here in Cambridge. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
So what has that go to do with my response?
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by dupyshoo: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2023
Why do you need to save a lot of money in the Uk if not for mortgage? That's going to be the biggest loan you will likely get. Once that's sorted, you are okay. The next step is if you want to build wealth.

What is wrong with mortgage? I was paying £600 as rent for a 3 bed house. I bought the house from the Landlord and my mortgage was £400. I could save more with the mortgage to buy a much bigger house. 6 years after, I have bought a much bigger house, the first house appreciated by over £60k. I am in the process of buying more houses as buy to let. So, stop demonising mortgage.

I will rather buy houses in the UK here than build in Naija. The ones I tried to build in Naija, it still brings tears and sadness when I calculate how much I lost on the rubbish house and Land. No single profit. If I had invested that money in property here in the UK, I would have had a lot more.

Regarding savings, It is not difficult to save £500. I know a lot of people that just got to the UK and are still struggling but are servicing their Naija debts with almost £1k per month.

adonainana:

Even to save that 500 pounds per month na war , big war , especially if this so called
Couple decide to have kids

Like someone said if it’s by how much money you have left after your expenses every month . Uk will be one of the poorest country in the world

It’s that bad

To see a normal person with just £50,000 in thier savings … very very rare

Even when they get it, they are encouraged to get a mortgage with it which is a loan from the bank which requires a initial deposit for the loan to be successful , so the £50k again will go the bank and the bank will probably then help you add £300k to it as loan and send it directly to the seller of the house you want to buy

You will now be paying back almost £300k for a 30 years period.

Uk is like a very very long term life investment , you
Will suffer for almost every year.
God knows that

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by adonainana: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2023
jesmond3945:
my brother forget matter. You cannot compare the exposure and money kids in uk get with nigerian kids. They are very far apart.

Not exactly true , most immigrant uk kids end up at state schools in the uk. Exposure wise it has nothing to offer in comparison to private schools here in the uk which charges thousands of pounds for school fees.

Which immigrant will and be able to afford £30,000 for private school education.

So it really depends on the type of exposure e Nigerian kid and the immigrant kid in the uk got and the quality of education they received and how they made the best of it

Trust me somethings in life are like reoccurring decimal. You can’t live in the cheapest part of town, get paid the minimum pay for jobs and then raise kids who will think they know better than kids from other parts of the world

If you deeply analyse the above paragraph there isn’t that much difference between a well educated Nigeria kid and an immigrant kid in the uk who grew up there

Social mobility and demographics is a big thing it can mean a lot

4 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 9:15am On Aug 23, 2023
adonainana:

Who told you people were doing bad before

Even in Nigeria as things are almost collapsing there are people with money way far than some uk people will dream about

Who told you anyone was struggling

Your uncle lives in a 1m pounds house

How many people will move from Nigeria to uk and end up living in a 1m pounds house

Get a good job how many jobs will pay 1m pounds a year to an immigrant

You better wake up and don’t let ignorance kill you
it takes time to settle bro in uk but when you do no going back. My uncle came in the 90s and established himself thats why he can afford that. Your president has a 11 million pounds house here. So ask him how he made it.
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by dupyshoo: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2023
Taxes in Canada, Germany and Australia are the same as UK. Germany is even slightly more. Also, you pay more taxes in some provinces in Canada than UK. Just google it and you will find the truth.

Which hustling do you want to do in Canada and Germany? Do you think it is easier to get jobs in those countries? Everyone will just sit in their rooms and make false statements.

RECHMOND:
I have never liked UK, I know UK is not bad but it's not for hustling and even usa is not for hustling. Taxes go choke ur trout comot. Countries like Canada and Germany, even Australia are ur best bet for hustling bro

2 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by dupyshoo: 9:19am On Aug 23, 2023
I always wonder too as he claims he lived in the UK.
justwise:
[/b]

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
you may be lucky to find jobs where he does night shift ( but you know that’s going to be security work dead end job ) while she works daytime , but these things are luck and not the reality for most. The reality for most is that the women have all resorted to being stay at home mums and have all opened YouTube channels ( I know a million of them on YouTube ) to bring in an extra 50 pounds a month
i think you are misleading people. Many nigerian women are doing well. When I went to hertfordshire, there HR director is an igbo woman. The Mp represnting newcastle in the House is an igbo woman. Or do i mention many hausas, yorubas, edos women i know doing well. Even my own wife is a big doc or my cousin or my own sister. You are talking of new immigrants who are trying to settle. You have to differentiate them.

1 Like

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by sukkot: 9:21am On Aug 23, 2023
jesmond3945:
lol. You drop them off. Then take a break from work go and pick them. Then drop at a friends place max 2 hours then drive to pick them off to your house. Is that what is equivalent to someone's monthly salary?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin see the height of cluelessness. you dont take breaks on the white mans job except the appointed breaktime. uk is not naija where you take brakes anyhow lool

2 Likes

Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 9:22am On Aug 23, 2023
adonainana:

Not exactly true , most immigrant uk kids end up at state schools in the uk. Exposure wise it has nothing to offer in comparison to private schools here in the uk which charges thousands of pounds for school fees.

Which immigrant will and be able to afford £30,000 for private school education.

So it really depends on the type of exposure e Nigerian kid and the immigrant kid in the uk got and the quality of education they received and how they made the best of it

Trust me somethings in life are like reoccurring decimal. You can’t live in the cheapest part of town, get paid the minimum pay for jobs and then raise kids who will think they know better than kids from other parts of the world

If you deeply analyse the above paragraph there isn’t that much difference between a well educated Nigeria kid and an immigrant kid in the uk who grew up there

Social mobility and demographics is a big thing it can mean a lot
no i mean kids in uk and kids in nigeria
Re: 6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' by jesmond3945: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin see the height of cluelessness. you dont take breaks on the white mans job except the appointed breaktime. uk is not naija where you take brakes anyhow lool
lol when i go to school run many parents are just coming from work to pick their kids. You even live in nigeria, you have a british passport but still misleading people.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

China-Based Nigerian Man Crashes His G-Wagon SUV. Photos / Woman Kills 3 Children After Her Car Failed Brake In Abia State. Graphic Photos / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.