Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? (584 Views)

Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) / Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? / Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? by diva90: 2:35am On Oct 14, 2011
So i met this great guy, he has a wonderful personality, his looks are okay even though he is not everything i had wished for physically in a man that i would like to date. i'm just so sad and confused because he is still struggling to make a living. yes i know he is a young guy and is still practically building up, i just seriously wished he was was already made and really comfortable. however, i do not want to let him go because he is is a very unique person. i fear that it may be hard for me to find a man who is this good.
what do you guys think? would it be worth throwing away a good man just because of my other expectations? am i being a bit too over the top? do you think i should be patient and just watch him grow? is personality what should really matter the most?
Re: Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? by BABE3: 4:19am On Oct 14, 2011
^^ Are you made and really comfortable?
Re: Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 14, 2011
You're wasting your time.

There are sexy men out there with admirable personality.

Beauty will fade. If he's ugly from the start, imagine what he'd look like later on. And wouldnt you like to enjoy beauty before it fades?

I understand that Nigerian men wowo die!! Try Ghanian or Congolese men jare.

Your soul mate is out there, dont settle for less.

Side Effect of this advice: Spinsterhood.
Re: Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? by BABE3: 4:48am On Oct 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Beauty will fade. If he's ugly from the start, imagine what he'd look like later on.

LOL. You're a trip.
Re: Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? by slimyem: 6:12am On Oct 14, 2011
simply put-He's a great struggling guy and you dont know if you should stick around or not.
Listen sweetie,you dont find great guys all the time.he's on a quest for good life and comfort.walk with him.it might be a little rough but i bet it'll turn out good in the end.
Re: Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? by praisefav: 10:30am On Oct 14, 2011
True talk @ slimyem.

Do not despise little begining; d later end shall be great.
Re: Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? by iv4real(f): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ poster why not try to work hard also and make something for yourself instead of waiting for a well to do man to come and take care of you. A good man is very hard to see these days , and when you meet one its is advisable to stick to that one. The most important thing is that he is hard working , so the money will come later. Would you rather stay with a rich man that treats you like trash or stay with a hardworking young man that treats you like a queen?
Re: Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? by MMM2(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2011
op no need wasting ur time with him, becos when he hit money he will discharge u & marry anoda babe undecided
Re: Is Personality All That Should Really Matter When Searching For A Spouse? by iice(f): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I understand that Nigerian men wowo die!!

Lmao!

@Topic
You said he's a good guy. Do you want a good guy? Or will you be able to settle for someone who is made but maybe not the good guy.
It can go either way really. He could not get to where you'd like him to be and you may have moved on if he gets there.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Forget Her? / Why Is It Like This? / Strange Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.