Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ (19614 Views)

Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts / Wale Edun Gets World Bank Appointment / Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by GENES11S: 8:39am On Aug 23, 2023
jumper524:
how comes the value of naira to dollar improve drastically when Emefiele implemented the naira redesign?
There was shortage of cash then I'm sure.

The value didn't improve. It was around 460 naira to dollar (official rate).

The only positive was that price of goods and services dropped significantly because of shortage of money. This itself means that some producers where overpricing their products thus leading to inflation.

Same strategy might not work this time because fuel price has tripled. So cost of production is now higher than before.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by masterduba(m): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

Pump money into key manufacturing sectors as low interest loans 10% max give them 8 months before Tenure starts

Make sure they are in this two areas 1) import substitution products 2) exportable products produced at below international market price

This would marke goods available to match money supply dragging down inflation creating jobs and increasing revenue for government

Note when I mean pump in money I don't mean 50billion 😂😂

I mean 5 trillion minimum [/b]

1. Don't pump any more money into an economy saturated with worthless naira notes. It will only encourage the elites who call first-dibs on it to buy dollars and hedge. This will cause further devaluation of the naira.
2. Cutting the supply will dissolve all those foreign currencies speculators have padded in the bank into naira for meaningful economic activities. Remember we don't spend dollars.
3. Taxes for manufacturing have already been cut. This is a palliative manufacturers can maximise.
4. Giving loans to untested enterprises just for media plaudits at this time might lead to financial losses for both creditor and debtor. Let the existing market innovate and things will adjust organically.

14 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by kokoA(m): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2023
We need to spend our way out of this bad economic situation, you don't cut off money supply for now rather pump more money into the system.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2023
shinealight:

Even in developed nations, that’s exactly the standard practice and convetional economic wisdom being adopted. Check out what’s presently happening even in the UK!
UK has achieved uptimal productivity they are stocked you can no longer increase productivity the ceiling is very low for them reason they are allowing immigrants to raise it a bit

You should not look at UK, USA or Germany

Rather like obi said look at Egypt, Vietnam, Bangladesh, china, Malaysia, Indonesia.... Those are our class

Mopping up money would send millions into the poverty net

Buhari did it what happened?

3 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by seunayantokun(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2023
Grammar...cutting without producing your needs is going round in an empty circle.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 8:43am On Aug 23, 2023
masterduba:

1. Don't pump any more money into an economy saturated with worthless naira notes. It will only encourage the elites who call first-dibs on it to buy dollars and hedge. This will cause further devaluation of the naira.
2. Cutting the supply will dissolve all those foreign currencies speculators have padded in the bank into naira for meaningful economic activities. Remember we don't spend dollars.
3. Taxes for manufacturing have already been cut. This is a palliative manufacturers can maximise.
4. Giving loans to untested enterprises just for media plaudits at this time might lead to financial losses for both creditor and debtor. Let the existing market innovate and things will adjust organically.
Tax for manufacturers are reduced? To what? Lmao obviously u are not a producer

2) you don't give loans to businesses you give it to banks at 3% banks look for n judge the right businesses to give at 10%

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by shinealight(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

It's not my theory... I can't in good faith accept such appointment not now maybe when I get my PhD with 5 years post PhD experience

I'm not the power hungry mofos tinubu parades

Glad you mentioned the word ‘experience’. Your PhD is useless without the requisite experience….so what you claim to know is mere theory! Wale Edun was Commissioner for Finance for Lagos State back in 1999….probably before you were even born.
So, try demonstrate some measure of humility before you start blabbing! cool cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by symbianDON(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
This people don't knw wat dey are doing
these people are grossly overrated! This is government of anywhere-belle-face.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by shinealight(m): 8:47am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

UK has achieved uptimal productivity they are stocked you can no longer increase productivity the ceiling is very low for them reason they are allowing immigrants to raise it a bit

You should not look at UK, USA or Germany

Rather like obi said look at Egypt, Vietnam, Bangladesh, china, Malaysia, Indonesia.... Those are our class

Mopping up money would send millions into the poverty net

Buhari did it what happened?

Kindergarten economist….PhD ko, PhZ ni! grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by yeshuasfootstep(m): 8:48am On Aug 23, 2023
For those still hoping that things will get better, hope you've seen those you're hoping on?

Brace up everyone because the suffering am seeing is unimaginable.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by masterduba(m): 8:49am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

2) you don't give loans to businesses you give it to banks at 3% banks look for n judge the right businesses to give at 10%

It looks better now that you have provided some contextualisation.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by HeroicMeastro: 8:50am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:
Like I said making a micro economist CBN governor and minister of finance is a tragedy waiting to happen

Buhari did same at least they were humble to accept they didn't know took time before taking decisions

Now we have a bad combination of arrogance and ignorant people as heads of our CBN and finance ministers

my solution
Cutting money supply would harm the already struggling businesses ...so what to so

Pump money into key manufacturing sectors as low interest loans 10% max give them 8 months before Tenure starts

Make sure they are in this two areas 1) import substitution products 2) exportable products produced at below international market price

This would marke goods available to match money supply dragging down inflation creating jobs and increasing revenue for government

I mean 5 trillion minimum
Ok.
So can u describe your self professionally?
Let us know what you are before taking your comments
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by LockDown69(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2023
We have seen what the introduction of the new naira note had done to the economy, kukuma kill everyone and rest.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by HeroicMeastro: 8:50am On Aug 23, 2023
Judekenny:
Buhari tried same strategy and it failed
So are you wishing for Tinubu to fail too?
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by hegelian: 8:51am On Aug 23, 2023
This is very easy to but the political will can never be there.. Over 40% of Nigeria cash is in hoarding and outside the bank and in a very large currency paper.. All the cbn need to do is delete high denomination from circulation like 1000nand 500 and make 200naora the highest form of denomination.. Lets see how billions will be siphoned in cash and who will be counting them.. Money Wil return back to the bank, cashless policy will work and money laundering will reduce which in turn reduce inflation..

4 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2023
shinealight:

Glad you mentioned the word ‘experience’. Your PhD is useless without the requisite experience….so what you claim to know is mere theory! Wale Edun was Commissioner for Finance for Lagos State back in 1999….probably before you were even born.
So, try demonstrate some measure of humility before you start blabbing! cool cool
Wale Edun has little knowledge of macro economics... Has no experience I have read his CV.... State commissioner for finance is more of an accounting job is largely micro economics which is ok in tho not an expert

Minister of finance is not in any way similar to commission of finance theor job descriptions is largely divergent to each other

Minister of finance is largely policy formulation for the fiscal policy of the nation, balancing of trade, and overall economy coordination

Wale Edun can't even compare to Oby ezekwesili in any level... Bro he no reach her half by any standard... No they hype that man

9 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 8:53am On Aug 23, 2023
shinealight:

Kindergarten economist….PhD ko, PhZ ni! grin grin
Lol 🤣🤣I done carry you go where u no know abi... He done drop to abuse Lmaooo
That's all u can do

You can't engage me intellectually them no born your papa well

4 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by jumper524(m): 8:53am On Aug 23, 2023
GENES11S:

The value didn't improve. It was stayed around 460 naira to dollar (official rate).

The only positive was that price of goods and services dropped significantly because of shortage of money. This itself means that some producers where overpricing their products thus leading to inflation.

Same strategy might not work this time because fuel price has tripled. So cost of production is now higher than before.

Bro till now some products are still over priced due to excess supply of cash.
And yea the naira to dollar gained lots of value during the naira scarcity.

Businessday NG
https://businessday.ng › article › ex...
Exchange rate steadies amid new naira scarcity

If such policy continues, there won't be daily increase in the price of fuel due to exchange rate and it might force the fuel price to go down due to improvement of exchange rate at the parralel market.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by HeroicMeastro: 8:54am On Aug 23, 2023
igwebuike01:

Exactly Peter Obi's plan
Hahahahahaha
Na to worship PO e remain for wuna😂
Gullible, brainwashed idiots
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Ok.
So can u describe your self professionally?
Let us know what you are before taking your comments
What has that got to do with me stating a theory that is known

If u have a counter theory to support tinubu policy state it

There is no how cutting money supply won't further push millions into poverty... Let me here your argument

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by obyno82: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2023
jumper524:
we all applauded Emefiele naira redesign at first, it was nay sayers who don't want anything good for the country that criticised it at first.
Our only complaint began when the supply of new notes were too limited that one can't even get the daily 5k limit from both ATM and POS. Your crew on the other hand started applauding the act when Nigerians were suffering from Emefiele incompetence.

The whole scarcity was masterminded by those in APC who opposed the policy. They created an atmosphere of uncertainty which resulted in a run on the banks, that alone resulted in a situation whereby the banks couldn't supply the cash needs because the number of people who stormed the banks for withdrawal couldn't match the cash allotted daily.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2023
Toh!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by IamAtikulate: 9:01am On Aug 23, 2023
It's seems Wale Edun is still living in 19th century economic theories. Someone should wake him up that this is 21st century.

That theory works during the time of Adam Smith, not now

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by shinealight(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

Wale Edun has little knowledge of macro economics... Has no experience I have read his CV.... State commissioner for finance is more of an accounting job is largely micro economics which is ok in tho not an expert

Minister of finance is not in any way similar to commission of finance theor job descriptions is largely divergent to each other

Minister of finance is largely policy formulation for the fiscal policy of the nation, balancing of trade, and overall economy coordination

Wale Edun can't even compare to Oby ezekwesili in any level... Bro he no reach her half by any standard... No they hype that man

In two posts, you already referred to your tin god, Obi and your goddess Ezekwesili….so one can already see where you’re coming from.
No one else knows better than you guys…..yet your man was CBN Governor for years but had little to show for wisdom in economics!
I will advise you IPOB guys to wait for Biafra so you can apply your PhD theories!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by pandax: 9:04am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:
Like I said making a micro economist CBN governor and minister of finance is a tragedy waiting to happen

Buhari did same at least they were humble to accept they didn't know took time before taking decisions

Now we have a bad combination of arrogance and ignorant people as heads of our CBN and finance ministers

my solution
Cutting money supply would harm the already struggling businesses ...so what to so

I am sure you are an Obidient citizen, as only they will think like you. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by SalamRushdie: 9:04am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

my solution

He is already on the wrong track
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2023
shinealight:

In two posts, you already referred to your tin god, Obi and your goddess Ezekwesili….so one can already see where you’re coming from.
No one else knows better than you guys…..yet your man was CBN Governor for years but had little to show for wisdom in economics!
I will advise you IPOB guys to wait for Biafra so you can apply your PhD theories!
Lol 😂😂😂 this one cant engage intellectually them no born you well na

State theories, explain how wale Edun theory would work... Counter my argument

Show me his CV how he is better than Oby ezekwesili I dare you

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2023
pandax:

I am sure you are an Obidient citizen, as only they will think like you. Keep it up!
Obedient na .. Sure 100%
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by SalamRushdie: 9:04am On Aug 23, 2023
These clowns willl bury the economy ..Does Nigeria really have an oversupply issue or and allocation issues, most of the monies is Nigeria is tied up circulating within just a few and this minister has mistaken that to be a over supply ..we need to reallocate supply to other sectors , we can start by cutting the budget of NASS and reallocating that to a 500 percent increase in teachers salaries , that alone will change the dynamics of the supply , wasting 80 percent of your revenue on politicians is the fastest way to kill any economy
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by Willie2015: 9:05am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

my solution

This would marke goods available to match money supply dragging down inflation creating jobs and increasing revenue for g

Pumpin money is not the solution...
in an environ with high corruption and greed...
U will end up with huge financial losses.....
Nigeria Managers has a terrible ways of making funds disappear..
It will be hjacked by politicians and elites..
Read about the Nigeria’s N117Billion Rice Import Quota Scam ......
Involving Aondoaaka, Aliero, Dangote, BUA, Stallion Group...
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by StreetFight: 9:07am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

my solution

Please can you post your MSc and PhD degrees in Economics? If you don't have, kindly shut the fucck up before we forcefully shut it for you

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari’s Ministers Have No Accommodations - Kachikwu [VIDEO] / Ambode, Oshiomhole, Tambuwal, Adeosun At NEC Meeting Today - Photos / NJC Places 3 Justices On Watch List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.