Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ (19611 Views)

Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts / Wale Edun Gets World Bank Appointment / Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 9:07am On Aug 23, 2023
Willie2015:

Pumpin money is not the solution...
U will end up with huge financial losses.....
Nigeria Managers has a terrible ways of making funds disappear..
It will be hjacked by politicians and elites..
Read about the Nigeria’s N117Billion Rice Import Quota Scam ......
Involving Aondoaaka, Aliero, Dangote, BUA, Stallion Group...

That's when you do something via government

Banks have data of all the legit businesses in Nigeria... It's not rocket science oga

Banks list top 20 importers of say cloths

You take the list, how much do you need to set up a profitable business manufacturer what you import... He talkes u lend the money to his bank to lend to him and monitor him

You don't give people who are not in the business money to start that's not how it works

2 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by StreetFight: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2023
igwebuike01:

Exactly Peter Obi's plan

The same one ge used in Anambra State when he was governor which made him to run away from the state and gude in Lagos after 7 miserable years.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2023
StreetFight:

Please can you post your MSc and PhD degrees in Economics? If you don't have, kindly shut the fucck up before we forcefully shut it for you
Lmao.... This is the best u can do?
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by shinealight(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol 🤣🤣I done carry you go where u no know abi... He done drop to abuse Lmaooo
That's all u can do

You can't engage me intellectually them no born your papa well

PhD my foot. School dropout talking about PhD. Na yam? Rubbish!
As for your Papa….have you found him in the gutter yet? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by tolue42(m): 9:11am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

UK has achieved uptimal productivity they are stocked you can no longer increase productivity the ceiling is very low for them reason they are allowing immigrants to raise it a bit

You should not look at UK, USA or Germany

Rather like obi said look at Egypt, Vietnam, Bangladesh, china, Malaysia, Indonesia.... Those are our class

Mopping up money would send millions into the poverty net

Buhari did it what happened?

This same Obi applauded Emefile during the currency mop up,he said "its a pain today and gain tomorrow" abi what are you saying here?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mdimefields: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2023
Racoon:
Nigeria have another bunch of clueless, incompetent mofos with zilch knowledge of the self-inflicted economic and political debacle they have enmeshed this battered country into. Only God will salvage this nation via a competent person.
All his economic policies so far has been disastrous, from subsidy removal, without carefully creating a fallback, to floating of the naira.
It seems Nigerians has to brace up for more economic hardship.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mdimefields: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2023
LikeAking:
Also control the rate at which we patronize foriegn devices like education abroad, vacation, medication, importation,etc.

These are the true wasters of the economy.

Imagine the number of Nigerians buying bullet proof cars, luxury cars, expensive wines, going on vacation and various senseless trips abroad and the new my child must school abroad culture?

All of them waste our resources…

Mount unnecessary pressure on our fix demand.

Just imagine such mindset. Una kukuma for turn the country to North Korea, African version, make we all rest. Just imagine
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by jumper524(m): 9:15am On Aug 23, 2023
obyno82:

The whole scarcity was masterminded by those in APC who opposed the policy. They created an atmosphere of uncertainty which resulted in a run on the banks, that alone resulted in a situation whereby the banks couldn't supply the cash needs because the number of people who stormed the banks for withdrawal couldn't match the cash allotted daily.
wow!! So APC were the ones who masterminded our suffering during election so they can loose the election right?
And yet they wailed the most about it.
Do you just love to blame people or your just being sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by Khyrvxjzy: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2023
Racoon:
Nigeria have another bunch of clueless, incompetent mofos with zilch knowledge of the self-inflicted economic and political debacle they have enmeshed this battered country into. Only God will salvage this nation via a competent person.

shut up, don't be a nuisance

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by rajiedreez: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2023
Is this ment or what
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by sammytovic(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2023
You are very correct sir. Nigeria economy still rally round on oil and gas (The reason of no refinery and needless of importing it if there are working refiniries)
adecz:

APC don come again with another
Text Book economist that can't differentiate
theory from practical reality..

Who tell this mumu say the inflation
is because there is too much liquidity in
the economy❓❓❓☹️☹️

Nigeria isn't really experiencing inflation
in the real sense. What we are experiencing
is the total and uncontrolled bastardization
of the value of our national currency, the
Naira, due to inept governance of APC
which started with Buhari❗️❗️❗️

The value of your currency is tied to the
level and quantum of your export from
which you get the forex to strengthen the
value of your economy.

Under Buhari, Nigeria got to a level that
our major source of forex, NNPC basically
went under and stopped remitting dollars💲💲 to our coffers, and we killed
all our refineries and started importing
💯% of our Petroleum products needs.

Most of our economy became dependent
on foreign sourced raw materials, which
you must buy with dollars💲💲 which we
are gradually running out of.

Fertilizer, machinery & chemical input for
agriculture, all imported. Flour for bakery,
vehicles and spare parts for transport, drugs
in the health sector. Printing of electoral
materials etc.

In fact, the most reliable source of forex
to our economy became the diaspora remittances.

For example, a bag of foreign rice has always
hovered at around 💲40 and it has not
really changed that much.

💲40 at the exchange rate of about one
💲to 150 Naira of the PDP era was equivalent
to N6000 naira per bag.

Today, that bag of rice is still 💲40 , but
at exchange rate of N1000 to 💲1, you are
looking at 40000 per bag, which by the
time you put other charges, you arrive
at N46k to N55k depending ...

What baffles me is why Tinubu has not
moved against Mele Kyari the NNPC GMD.
By the time dem open that man nyash,
wetin Emefiele do go be kindergarten.
And if dem catch the man, Buhari must
be implicated.

The man is attempting to do what
Emefiele did in January that almost killed
the economy.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by BreconHills(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:
Like I said making a micro economist CBN governor and minister of finance is a tragedy waiting to happen

Buhari did same at least they were humble to accept they didn't know took time before taking decisions

Now we have a bad combination of arrogance and ignorant people as heads of our CBN and finance ministers

my solution
Cutting money supply would harm the already struggling businesses ...so what to so

Pump money into key manufacturing sectors as low interest loans 10% max give them 8 months before Tenure starts

Make sure they are in this two areas 1) import substitution products 2) exportable products produced at below international market price

This would marke goods available to match money supply dragging down inflation creating jobs and increasing revenue for government

Note when I mean pump in money I don't mean 50billion 😂😂

I mean 5 trillion minimum

I disagree.
You are making a choice between growth and inflation as if they were two different things. It doesnt matter how much money you pump into the economy if it leads to 1) increase in cost of good sold and ultimately prices and 2) FX arbitrage as a means of locking in real value.

Truth is there is no simple solution because the patient is so ill and the economy so interlocked that you need excessive care lest the patient die on you.

Cutting money supply with rein in demand push inflation but like you I don't fully agree with this because 70% of our inflation is imported inflation (aka weak naira) The only solution is improve fx inflow and management. Anything else is giving pain killers to someone with a malignant disease.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by orisa37: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2023
This GOVERNMENT is tending to MISFIRE and continue STUPIDLY with BUHARINOMICS.
NO NAIRA IN CIRCULATION, THAT WAS THE REASON FOR 31/12/23 AND FOR WHICH WE ARE GRATEFUL TO THE SUPREME COURT.
NO MONEY TO BUY GOODS AND SERVICES IS INFLATION.
PRICES RISING UNCONTROLLABLY IS HYPERINFLATION.

PLEASE GIVE US NEW NAIRA NOTES. STOP THE CRAZE FOR SPENDING DOLLARS IN NIGERIA. RESTRICT FOREIGN TRAVELS FOR ALL FRIVOLITIES. IT IS GOVERNMENTS RIGHT TO CONTROL PRICES AND BRIGHTEN THE ECONOMY.
THE CBN REPORT ITS TREATMENT OF ALL UNFIT NAIRA SINCE 2014 AND PRODUCE NEW NAIRA TO BALANCE UP.

PLEASE SEPARATE TINUNOMICS FROM BUHARINOMICS AND LET US KNOW HOW WHERE WE ARE GOING.
GIVE US NEW NAIRA NOTES NOW AND BEFORE 31/12/23. THAT'S NO CAUSE FOR INFLATION.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by JimD(m): 9:21am On Aug 23, 2023
Yes restricting money supply (loan facilities) is always the sensible way to stop rising inflation. I don't know why it hasn't happened sooner? And why this Emefiele guy was just testing stupid policies. And also removing subsidy was wise but free floating of the naira was a bad move. I don't know if there are no sound economists advising these guys.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by JimD(m): 9:24am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:
Like I said making a micro economist CBN governor and minister of finance is a tragedy waiting to happen

Buhari did same at least they were humble to accept they didn't know took time before taking decisions

Now we have a bad combination of arrogance and ignorant people as heads of our CBN and finance ministers

my solution
Cutting money supply would harm the already struggling businesses ...so what to so

Pump money into key manufacturing sectors as low interest loans 10% max give them 8 months before Tenure starts

Make sure they are in this two areas 1) import substitution products 2) exportable products produced at below international market price

This would marke goods available to match money supply dragging down inflation creating jobs and increasing revenue for government

. Spoken like someone who has no idea of macro-economics. The economy doesn't suffer from a lack of money supply. And ramping up manufacturing is a long term play

5 Likes

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by Greatkenny2: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2023
shinealight:

PhD my foot. School dropout talking about PhD. Na yam? Rubbish!
As for your Papa….have you found him in the gutter yet? undecided undecided
Why do you always feel the need to abuse him even when he has kept it simple and mature... Why are you APC yeruba muzlem this senseless and always resort to childish tantrums.... He criticized wale edun's economic plan because emefiele tried almost the same strategy and it failed, I just don't understand you scratched face cretins
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by obyno82: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2023
jumper524:
wow!! So APC were the ones who masterminded our suffering during election so they can loose the election right?
And yet they wailed the most about it.
Do you just love to blame people or your just being sarcastic.

This is no sarcasm, who were the proponents of the policy from Meffy? Is it not the same APC people. who encouraged people to protest? was it not the same APC people?
The policy from Meffy on paper was simple. you swap the bulk funds in circulation with new notes. you can simply use online and other payment methods for transaction not essentially physical cash
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by komols856: 9:25am On Aug 23, 2023
Islie:
.......FAAC shares N966.11b July revenue

https://thenationonlineng.net/govt-to-curb-rising-inflation-with-cut-in-money-supply/

With 25 Thousand Naira initial deposit. You can become a proud land owner in Epe Lagos. Dm +2348030897019 for more information. Limited plots available for this now.

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by jumper524(m): 9:26am On Aug 23, 2023
obyno82:

This is no sarcasm, who were the proponents of the policy from Meffy? Is it not the same APC people. who encouraged people to protest? was it not the same APC people?
The policy from Meffy on paper was simple. you swap the bulk funds in circulation with new notes. you can simply use online and other payment methods for transaction not essentially physical cash
it was never a simple policy in reality.
Emefiele cut down the notice too short, he even stopped people from depositing their old funds with very limited time frame.

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mdimefields: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2023
These people know only how to win an election, but you see governance, it's far from their capacity.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by LordAdam16: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2023
JimD:
Yes restricting money supply (loan facilities) is always the sensible way to stop rising inflation. I don't know why it hasn't happened sooner? And why this Emefiele guy was just testing stupid policies. And also removing subsidy was wise but free floating of the naira was a bad move. I don't know if there are no sound economists advising these guys.

Meffy had to grapple with two recessions.

The only viable way to boost economic growth after a downturn is to open the spigot.

Don't compare apples and oranges.

-Lord
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by JimD(m): 9:32am On Aug 23, 2023
LordAdam16:

Meffy had to grapple with two recessions.

The only viable way to boost economic growth after a downturn is to open the spigot.

Don't compare apples and oranges.

-Lord

You don't understand what they call a recession bro. Nigeria's GDP has been growing at over 3% since 2021, yet there is high inflation and people are suffering at scale and the currency is losing value almost daily. What do you call that?

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by Ofunaofu: 9:33am On Aug 23, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Hoarding money to curb Inflation grin
Hahahaha

See tinubu technocrats o grin

Stupid clowns 🤡🤡🤡

Emefiele did this same thing but Tinubu and his minions said it was targeted at Tinubu
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by ambale(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

my solution

Your suggestions makes a lot of sense but will thesse people think towards that

Imagine hoarding cash again, i pray the economy no go collapse oo with this trial and error style dem dey do
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 9:35am On Aug 23, 2023
tolue42:

This same Obi applauded Emefile during the currency mop up,he said "its a pain today and gain tomorrow" abi what are you saying here?
He applauded the idea not the implementation but of course you can't get it na
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by LikeAking: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2023
mdimefields:

Just imagine such mindset. Una kukuma for turn the country to North Korea, African version, make we all rest. Just imagine

U don’t understand what’s going on.

Continue with your Nigerian mindset.

Topics lie this are not for you.

Our go to Bb Naija thread.

If been like North Korea will make life beta no p.

Besides North Korea is beta than Nigeria.
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by ambale(m): 9:36am On Aug 23, 2023
Houseontherock1:
Ignorance is absence of knowledge; arrogance is confidence not backed by knowledge! Arrogance plus ignorance is a fatal combo and that's what our leaders are exhibiting presently - from top to bottom!
Most knowledgeable persons have some doubts as they see multiple possibilities, but a less knowledgeable person sees only one possibility and will arrogantly pursue it, destroying everything in the process. They should kindly release Emefailure if they'll copy his supposedly unpopular ideas

Abi ooo, now atleast their mofos will see that no difference, tinubu no get any masterplan rara
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by Willie2015: 9:39am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

That's when you do something via government

Banks have data of all the legit businesses in Nigeria... It's not rocket science oga

Banks list top 20 importers of say cloths

You take the list, how much do you need to set up a profitable business manufacturer what you import... He talkes u lend the money to his bank to lend to him and monitor him

You don't give people who are not in the business money to start that's not how it works

It seems u are not in Nigeria...

U are talking theories.. cheesy

Who owns the banks ?

Who determines the manufacturing coys that get loans ? grin

Govt is the biggest spender in Naija...

They determine what goes on to a large extent...

Go and check the list of the big boyz on the NPL reports of bank

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by mrvitalis(m): 9:40am On Aug 23, 2023
Willie2015:

It seems u are not in Nigeria...

U are talking theories.. cheesy

Who owns the banks ?

Who determines the manufacturing coys that get loans ? grin

Govt is the biggest spender in Naija...

They determine what goes on to a large extent...

The fact u are used to corrupt system doesn't mean it's a norm
Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by LikeAking: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2023
ambale:

Your suggestions makes a lot of sense but will thesse people think towards that

Imagine hoarding cash again, i pray the economy no go collapse oo with this trial and error style dem dey do

How will his assumption help the masses?

It’s the same making the rich richer syndrome.

Make we look into things well…

Don’t tell me they will employ people, because most of their workers are dead broke…

Let FG empower the poor via cottage industries manufacturing, agriculture, etc

1 Like

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by tolue42(m): 9:42am On Aug 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

He applauded the idea not the implementation but of course you can't get it na

You are a liar!

Even this administration has reduced companies taxes, instead of giving them money directly. You don't even mention it it your write up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’ by shinealight(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2023
Greatkenny2:

Why do you always feel the need to abuse him even when he has kept it simple and mature... Why are you APC yeruba muzlem this senseless and always resort to childish tantrums.... He criticized wale edun's economic plan because emefiele tried almost the same strategy and it failed, I just don't understand you scratched face cretins

So, you decided to bring your own foolishness into the matter? Birds of a feather flock together….miscreants parading as knowledgeable people. Just shut your gob, my friend, rather than demonstrate that you have Nothing between your ears. Schmutz! undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Speak Up For Tinubu Or Resign": Matawalle To Northern Appointees, Baba-Ahmed / Israel Begins Mass Deportation Of Nigerians. / Did Buhari Really Refuse To Vote For Peter Onu In 1985?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.