Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping (1310 Views)

"I Feel So Lonely & Sad" Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Weeps (pic/video) / How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping / Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Berates Fellow Nigerians (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping by Queengee: 10:37am On Aug 23, 2023
Ibeju lekki local government is one of the worst local government area in Lagos to reside. When I mean ibeju lekki am talking about awoyaya , lakowe than to eleko and ibeju communities
This communities hardly get electricity while some doesn't get electricity at all. With high cost of living, bad roads , and high cost of rent people living here aren't aware of the bondage they are in untill they leave to live in another part of Lagos.
I visited lakowe last week and it took me 4hrs to get to lakowe from Victoria island Lagos
I was living at this ibeju lekki local government untill I moved out to Lagos mainland 5yrs ago and that has been on of my best decision so far

2 Likes

Re: How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping by dawnomike(m): 10:42am On Aug 23, 2023
Queengee:
Ibeju lekki local government is one of the worst local government area in Lagos to reside. When I mean ibeju lekki am talking about awoyaya , lakowe than to eleko and ibeju communities
This communities hardly get electricity while some doesn't get electricity at all. With high cost of living, bad roads , and high cost of rent people living here aren't aware of the bondage they are in untill they leave to live in another part of Lagos.
I visited lakowe last week and it took me 4hrs to get to lakowe from Victoria island Lagos
I was living at this ibeju lekki local government untill I moved out to Lagos mainland 5yrs ago and that has been on of my best decision so far
That side of the Island is where we refer to as lekki phase 9 grin
Just kidding, but really, the government should do more in that axis if the state.
Have been to Baba Adisa, Baba aladiye... you'll know eleko , ibeju,awoyaya are still better
Re: How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping by ab1x: 10:44am On Aug 23, 2023
Considering the presence of the Dangote Refinery in that particular area, I sincerely hope that the relevant authorities or stakeholders take appropriate measures to address the prevailing concerns. It is indeed disheartening to witness the current situation.
Re: How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping by aylagos(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2023
Queengee:
I don’t think you are familiar with the road before now, the road is currently under construction from Eleko junction to Abraham Adesanya, the first phase from Eleko junction to Epe was completed last year and hopefully by next year they will complete this second phase too. Eleko to Epe used to be nightmare before but not so anymore very soon Eleko to Abraham Adesanya road will wear a new look. Electricity issues in the country is very poor not only in Ibeju lekki. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping by Wodu89: 10:46am On Aug 23, 2023
Queengee:

My dear Abijo GRA has not had stable light in 4-7 years. It feels like hell in that domain.

The traffic is mad. You're lucky to spend just four hours between Lakowe and VI. The people on that road axis have a delusion that that's where they'll become rich. I rather stay in Illorin where I can move from Taiwo to almost any area I want within 25-90 minutes

1 Like

Re: How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping by Queengee: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:

My dear Abijo GRA has not had stable light in 4-7 years. It feels like hell in that domain.

The traffic is mad. You're lucky to spend just four hours between Lakowe and VI. The people on that road axis have a delusion that that's where they'll become rich. I rather stay in Illorin where I can move from Taiwo to almost any area I want within 25-90 minutes

My dear it is very worrisome to say the least
You will be hearing 1 bedroom flat at 800k per year where you will be living in total darkness or powering generator 247. People living there are the real definition of fake life. They will be claiming Islanders whereas they have nothing to show for it just living their life paying unnecessary exhorbitant bills. To me island ends at ajah , sangotedo still manageable anywhere further than that on that axis is hell hole
Re: How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping by Wodu89: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2023
Queengee:

My dear it is very worrisome to say the least
You will be hearing 1 bedroom flat at 800k per year where you will be living in total darkness or powering generator 247

I can't just imagine how people subject themselves to willful slavery. And when you try to deliver them from the self-thrown slavery prison they've subjected themselves to, they'll fight you. As though they were in paradise. Anything from ikate bus stop stretching towards Langbasa, Badore, Awoyaya, Eleko is a big no for me. Very massive NO.

Lagos state government needs to work on the region. I've been crying for years that the whole eti osa needs sophisticated water transportation systems. If the water transportation systems were in place, up to 70% of people in the road can move by using boats
Re: How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping by Arabqueen: 6:30pm On Jan 19
I regretted coming over to the island from the mainland. Mainland with good power supply, I left it for ibeju lekki only for me to move out after 4 months, now I’m in badore and no light again. I’m thinking of going back to the mainland. This island is rubbish. With their huge rent.

(1) (Reply)

Germany Info : Femi,vikiviko,paribus And Others: I Need Your Advices !1 / US Visit Visa- Is It Best To Apply Alone Or With Your Wife And Kids? / Relocating To Qatar Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.