Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping (26094 Views)

Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? / Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday / FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Miamii1: 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2023
Lots of them are leaving the business

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Legitgames85: 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
Miamii1:
so many of them

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by benjackugo: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2023
Akpabio Laughing As Nigerian Senate passes motion to 'Let The Poor Breathe'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMROKtbhLE

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Jeromejnr(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2023
Chai, Nigerians are groaning. Tis well.

Didn't know it was that bad.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by signature2012(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2023
I really feel for these guys.

Imagine being an investor to this business with 10 cars.
Now that fuel price has gone up and drivers are quitting the business.That’s a big loss.

Investing in Nigeria can make you run mad.

237 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by hspda: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2023
Finding it hard to book a ride self. No much drivers despite the long waiting time.

Bolt should do upward review the fares so we can get enough of them on the roads

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by bennybuhari: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2023
We just dey ooo for this Balablu government.We no die, we no rotten

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Opportuneke(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2023
It’s not easy for those guys Meehhhnnnn

They’ve to go offline to cushion the situation 💁🏽‍♂️

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by iampeterben(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2023
Hear to listen to their plight this season.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Wkaay(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2023
If you need alternative. Check my signature
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2023
the country is currently in shambles. meanwhile some old criminal that calls himself president has his bluff called by west african countries because he cant even govern his own.he has disgraced nigerians further. ECOWAS president my foot what a disgrace.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Hezzyluv: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2023
I swearugad, e no easy these dayscry

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by chris20000: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2023
How will it cope when everyone is trekking

Meanwhile

Two Nollywood LEGENDS Yul Edochie And Tony Umez Fight On New Movie set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nauWypw9vQ
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by ebenezary(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nawa oo
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by aare07(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2023

5 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by mooremoney(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Have parked my ride already. This Tinubu govt is evil

56 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Hamachi(f): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Tough

Raining season is here again. I’ll share my little experience.

1. Avoid alpha beach road patapata during heavy rain

2. Don’t ever try to enter down orchid road no.

3. Try as much as possible to let your pointers, wipers and your dim light working perfectly before jetting out.

4. Avoid places you don’t really know their flood level.

5. During the heavy rain, find somewhere safe to park if you’ve not gotten a trip yet park your car, relax for about 25-40 minutes after the rain Lagos gutters would’ve been cleared a bit to proceed for hustle.

6. Community road Akoka is a death trap. Keep that at the back of your map.

7. It’s a season to make money but then you have to apply wisdom because rider that’s paying x2 of the money would want you to satisfy them by dropping them at their doorstep. But if by the way(s) you suspect the area is prone to flood, sharply end the trip at the beginning of the street offer a rider 100-200naira for his/her bike/keke fare.

8. Try as much as possible to work within the Circe/areas you know too well.

9. Don’t do 80-100klm during heavy. Abeg if you don’t love yourself we do. Why? Brake doesn’t work well when it’s rainy just a simple logic.

10. Off your car ac when you sight heavy flood in a street or on any road. Why? Because most of our cars are above 10yrs ago and there are some components in which water must not get into on your compressor it’ll damage your compressor quickly.

11. Work smart. Yes work smart— don’t work late start early close early. Because you can’t know all the whole roads in Lagos no matter how many decades you’ve been driving on Lagos road. Working late sometimes is a death trap to damage your vehicle because so many bad potholes you might not be able to see are trap to damage your shocks, tyre etc.

12. If you miss your turn, maybe you didn’t calculate well or map malfunctioning, don’t ever bother to reverse never ever think of that. No matter how much rider pressurize you just be calm and let him or her know you’ll remove some money out of his/her bills for compensation. 200-500 naira is Better to let go than loosing your car to accident or road lions (Lastma/Taskforce)

13. Never drag road with trailer or tankers. Those people doesn’t see on a normal day not to talk of rainy days. Be wise don’t let rider sweet talk you to be saying they’re late blablabla you’re not the cause of their lateness.

I’ll share my own work ethics

- I work basically on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday it’s a rushing day.

- I take Thursday off to relax and focus on my course

- Friday yes and Saturday I start working around 2pm why? Well I feel like that’s when the people started rushing out.

- I work on Sunday but I avoid island ajah,Lekki and the rest once it’s 1pm why? When you notice your app you’ll see it’ll all white once is getting to 2pm because riders don Dey house but on like mainland there are many churches. It’s a wisdom.

- routes I avoid on week days are:- 1. Egbeda, Ikeja in the morning is dead, ikotun igando, ekoro road, command road, Iyana ipaja, aboru, lasu, okoko, festac, mile 2, oshodi, Ikorodu never, sangotedo hell no, I can only drop a worthy trip at the airport and jet out immediately I avoid siting and waiting for unrealistic trips in airport unless I’m lucky if I’m driving out and I get a trip.

After Opic Berger I always avoid any trip going after Berger.

How do I cancel? Bolt shows me where I’m going so whenever I’m sure the area is part of my listed dead zone, I click on arrived, passenger phone is not working or passenger ask me to cancel. It’s work like magic on iPhone but not with androids. It’s help me avoiding any conversations with rider.

Note:- I accept every trips coming to my phone no matter how dead it is but I cancel once I feel is not safe for me and my car.

I try as much as possible to select the trip(s) above 1500. How will you know a trip coming to your phone is more than 1500? Any trip be it surge or no surge above 8klm is practically more than 1,500. Note I don’t care how much you collect because of bonus but all I know is that the money is above 1500.

I don’t rush myself any day anytime my target as a car owner per day is 5k for savings 3k to start hustle next day and 2k for feeding/dropping at home.

Why 5k? It’s my logic and it’s been helping save maturely. I used to make x3-4 of my savings sometimes but then it’s just my saving culture I’ll still save all have made. I’ll just called it discipline.

How did you manage cash savings? I store my cash savings somewhere in my living room where I don’t tell anyone and on Thursday Whenever I dropped my son in school, I head straight to bank and deposit to account I don’t have atm or internet banking.

How did you manage your car(s) to serve you well? I avoid most Lagos mechanics 90%. Whatsoever happened to my car like for example let’s say shocks is bad, I will drive my car to market park and pay 5hundred naira I’ll go and get my new shocks, I know how much is leakage, shocks, brake pads, thyroids, fluid, bulbs etc. all I need is to change I don’t manage.

What can make a car to last in these hustle? Cars are like human being, you have to maintain them. I Do a daily routine before I jet out in the morning because I’ll be off sometimes on 9-12 hours on wheel. I check everything I needed to check before jetting out.

I make sure I avoid anything bad route. I don’t carry loads that doesn’t fit in my car trunk. My car is design to carry 4 and yes mini 4 not heavy make ups madams going to party and try to squeeze themselves in my mini sedan no! I don’t carry them I don’t want wahala.

Also, anyday mechanic is fixing one thing or two in my car, I always make sure we do it together. I don’t supervise but we handle it together because mechanic are humans too they might forget to tighten 1 bolt which I’m not perfect either but 2-4 heads is better than 1.

How do you manage a rider whose street is bad and you consider picking him/her? Well the logic i used is straightforward. Many of dead streets have alternative like bike and keke. I’ll put a call through:-

Me: Sir/ma good morning this is the Uber ride you ordered
Rider: Good morning I’ll be expecting you.
M: sir/ma I’m sorry getting to the street now, my car has hit the ground severally it’s a low Corolla/Honda please I don’t mind since you don’t have load I’ll pay for your bike or marwa.

Reasonable rider who value life and property will agreed and even said don’t worry just give me few mins. But i manage if it’s elderly person or rider mentions she’s pregnant I’ll go BUT if rider acting somehow I won’t go.

How can someone makes more saving in this hustle?
1st is Gods grace, 2 is your car is your tools once she doesn’t give you any problem(s) you’ll make savings.

Advice to newbie:- never allow rider to sweet talk you to drop him or her at unreasonable location. Avoid airport just drop off only. Never follow one way or brt lane even if you’re carrying buhari daughter, don’t try to reverse on the highway if you miss your way yes rider will shout but keep calm, make sure you confirm your credit alert before allowing rider off in your car, if you don’t have change offer to transfer airtime as their balance some will say yes and some will tell you to keep the change but remember it’s their money, use rider app to calculate the estimated price of the route you’re heading-it’ll help you determine if the route worth it coupled with the traffic, never fight physically with your rider some are walking ghosts, pay your commission once it’s getting above threshold, read signs, ask riders questions if the map is malfunctioning, join Facebook/WhatsApp/telegram groups to learn more about people’s day to day experiences. Last but first pray to God and follow your instincts.

PLAN FOR FUTURE AND REMEMBER THE HUSTLE SHOULDNT BE FOR A VERY LONG TIME ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B.

Bye for now
COPIED

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by azukaegopeter(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Bro I had to stop. It was a part time something after work I just hit the road before going home. Right now I dont even drive to work anymore talk more of doing bolt.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by kulikuli45: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
E de reach everybody

8 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by BoldBrainz(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
I even stopped using the bolt platform. The astronomical rise in fares is not something my resources can accommodate.

And most of the riders who have been using vehicles belonging to other people, have since returned said vehicles and sought other means of livelihood.

I had numbers of two very cool bolt drivers. Last time I called them, niggas have returned their vehicles to the respective owners. The other one is even running a POS business now.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by teekrackz(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Legitgames85:
so many of them

No evidence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Finneseguy1(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Run oh

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by OboOlora(f): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Anybody wey use Uber now na hired killer🤣

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Hopefully2023: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Pk
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by uchwar1: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
O
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by jgbemson1: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Bolt is still better but Uber is worst

2 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Godsonkemz(m): 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Miamii1:

While new ones are coming into it especially bolt.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by UHLmoving: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
Disqualify tinubu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Hezzyluv: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
signature2012:
I really feel for these guys.

Imagine being an investor to this business with 10 cars.
Now that fuel price has gone up and drivers are quitting the business.That’s a big loss.

Investing in Nigeria can make you run mad.

Na only u waka come. embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Images From My Brief Visit To The LA Zoo. / My Qatar Trip / Saudi Arabia Shuns Nigeria, Okays Tourist Visas For 49 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.