Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 (24698 Views)

Edo Assembly Confirms Two Commissioners-designate, Three Others / Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others / Senate Confirms 22 Commissioners For NPC, Rejects One (full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Ykc2(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2023
Where is Joe igbokwe?

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by oluwaseyi0: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2023
this muslims are terrorists

Protesting lagos list but not protesting Kwara list

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by diplomat058(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
BESTScientist1:
don't distract us.... I'm more concerned about the CORN divided for BALABLU-ans to eat. They haven't seen anything. The very igbos you think you're doing are prospering more in the wretched economy.

Are you done foaming in the mouth? Oya go back to your 2*2 okrika kiosk and don't forget to pay your Yorùbá landlord. 0bing0 cheesy
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by tubolancer(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
Please confirm them let the work begin jare.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by OgbeniOja1: 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2023
He isn't a card carrying member period
meum:
WTF are they doing with 39 commissioners? Most ministries need not be stand alone ministries.

Prof. Akin Abayomi wasn’t confirmed? Wonderful. The man that carried COVID 19 matter for head just to ensure Lagosians are safe. He even got infected while doing his job. Na wa!
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by OgbeniOja1: 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2023
The useful idiot isn't needed anymore
Ykc2:
Where is Joe igbokwe?
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by damble: 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2023
Muslims confirmed, Christians rejected. They only put ond muslim on the rejected list so people won't notice

3 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by ChristianMuslim: 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
No igbo man in the list.. All eyes must be on the judiciary for the remaining 17.. Obidient must be in the list
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by ChristianMuslim: 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2023
I think they say Lagos is no man land.. So they finally humbled this people.. All eyes on Judiciary for this list
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by mastermaestro(m): 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
damble:
Muslims confirmed, Christians rejected. They only put ond muslim on the rejected list so people won't notice

You noticed it too? I thought I was the only one who did. sad
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Lanre1st(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2023
Good Job from House of Assembly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by iamtardey: 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
Last night TikTok made me scared to bed, I deleted my account
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Dubetex96(m): 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
Zico5:
The reason is best known to them. Yamirin should concentrate their efforts on terrorists killing them on daily basis. Lagos is yoruba land and we are free to it our ways. I heard one terrorist was about to lynch third class graduate today.

I laugh in Ronu spirit how far u don collect your own Ronu poverty palliative

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by adioolayi(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
The Lagos State house of Assembly are on Colos for not confirming Prof.Akin Abayomi!

Like, what nonsense is this You are rejecting a performer like Prof Akin Abayomi because of local politics or what

Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
meum:
WTF are they doing with 39 commissioners? Most ministries need not be stand alone ministries.

Prof. Akin Abayomi wasn’t confirmed? Wonderful. The man that carried COVID 19 matter for head just to ensure Lagosians are safe. He even got infected while doing his job. Na wa!

E shock you too Abi? I wonder the reason they'll give for not confirming him and few of the other responsible names there

Infact, if only one commissioner was to have been confirmed out of all the names sent, Prof. Akin Abayomi should have been the one.... Except if Tinubu plans to take him to Abuja, because, trust me, he deserves it

3 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by ebenholer2(m): 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
Sawanolu should do well by tackling their excesses too. Thank God it is second term in office. I think these folks are gradually opening our eyes to what they are up to. God willing Obasa is a gunner in the next election by going against the ruling government in the name of politics.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by francotunsco: 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
wittywriter:
Lagos State governance is overated...

Wittyness

This is true democracy taking place. Show me anywhere in SE where this can happen, SE where 97% voted for only their kinsmen. Funnily, more than half of those that voted have directly or indirectly benefitted from the governance acumen of the other candidate.

When it comes to pure democracy and academic politics, give it to South-west. Kudos Lagos state House of Assembly!

Meanwhile, we need the religious profiling of those confirmed and those not confirmed, we need to check something.

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Allisgud: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2023
People thought ambode will chop from the ministerial list,because of the reconciliation,na ambassador he won give am
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Bluntemperor: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2023
Yankiss:
The high number of rejections raises eyebrows. What could be the reasons for this? Any knowledgeable sources? I also want to know why Sanwo-Olu omitted my name.

You raised a serious issue,bro!
Why the rate of rejection high,na!
The governor has been unusually calm these days!
What is going on ?
That your name,eh,hymm!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by just2endowed: 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2023
adioolayi:
The Lagos State house of Assembly are on Colos for not confirming Prof.Akin Abayomi!

Like, what nonsense is this You are rejecting a performer like Prof Akin Abayomi because of local politics or what

Na wa o

This is exactly the thing that's klllimh Nigeria politics. Every turn deaf ear once its not favouring them.

When Buhari was busy employing his own people, all these cleric never came out to protest. Go to custom office in lagos, and see the number of aboki u see there, this guys will never protest. When the midget in kaduna decided to select his own deputy from his same place, this guys never protest. Lastly let's imagine there was a Christian president and vice president, do you think all hell will not fall down on Nigeria?

We are just selfish and greedy in this country filled with nepotism

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by delpee(f): 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2023
They didn't confirm Prof Abayomi and the former Education commissioner who did so well for being Christians or what? This doesn't look good.

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by orriyomi33(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2023
I am as shocked as you are.
meum:

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by orriyomi33(m): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2023
I am surprised his name is among those rejected.
adioolayi:

Na wa o
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hope they are not trying to play an elrufai
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Jostoman: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Racoon:
Is it not the morbidly corrupt Mudashiru Obasa-led LASHA that was sharing #100 Agege bread as palliative? Expect nothing!
those he did not confirm are those that are loyal to the governor and not him. The man is too greedy, he always want everything in lagos to pass through him.

He is the number 3 man in lagos but he is more powerful in lagos than Sanwo olu himself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Jostoman: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
He always want to have a say in every decision in lagos, may be those people are loyal to the governor and not him.

He always see himself more powerful even more the governor.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Zico5(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
Dubetex96:

I laugh in Ronu spirit how far u don collect your own Ronu poverty palliative
You guys will wail till eternity
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Yankee101: 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
I doubt they’ll reject them without the governor’s say so
All na games not to offend their sponsors
Just blame the house
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by mkoabiola: 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2023
Obasa is becoming too powerful in Lagos politics

He knows sanwolu is a stool and he can't do him nothing...

Even gbenga omotosho.. Immediate Former commissioner for information wasn't confirmed.. 😂 😂

Wonderful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

On Buhari/Osinbajo Public Asset Declaration: The "30 Days" Verification Is Over / We Haven’t Recovered From Fighting Obasanjo, PDP Laments / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.