Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,735 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 (24701 Views)

Edo Assembly Confirms Two Commissioners-designate, Three Others / Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others / Senate Confirms 22 Commissioners For NPC, Rejects One (full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2023
Yoruba Muslim ☪️ Jihadists are up in arms.
Muric and other Yoruba Jihadists are behind the rejection. They often believe that Lagos has 70 Muslim ☪️ population. Meanwhile Muslims in Lagos are less than 25%. That's why they did what happened in 18th March Gov elections.
Thank God Gbadebo is on ground and waiting patiently to be next Gov.

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by BALLOSKI: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2023
Yankiss:
The high number of rejections raises eyebrows. What could be the reasons for this? Any knowledgeable sources? I also want to know why Sanwo-Olu omitted my name.
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Monday60655(m): 12:12am On Aug 24, 2023
wittywriter:
Lagos State governance is overated...

Stop been shitty why refer to a selection process been used from time in lagos as democratic/democracy. FYI I'm not from south-east n I've marked your moniker so I'll be avoiding your mentions or posts. I detest bigotry...

Do you mind the nincompoop

Wittyness
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by KwuoteYourFada: 12:49am On Aug 24, 2023
Obviously YellowBa Muslims are being marginalized here shameful
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by PeterObi4LP: 1:19am On Aug 24, 2023
Let's wait for official Press Statement from Mumuric for discrimination.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Dubetex96(m): 1:49am On Aug 24, 2023
Zico5:
You guys will wail till eternity
But you are the one wailing lmoa
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by bssmobile: 2:15am On Aug 24, 2023
Will it be an abomination to appoint commissioners from other regions judging from the unique social composition of Lagos afterall we have had military administrators from they region and they performed extremely well. Some like Nudubusi Kanu has a very popular park named after them. We all remember the excellent administration of Burba Marwa. We various Landmark monuments named after him. We really need to embrace tendencies that promote peace and ensure total development like we find in other countries like United Kingdom and United states, Canada..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by AfonjaConehead: 2:48am On Aug 24, 2023
Zico5:
The reason is best known to them. Yamirin should concentrate their efforts on terrorists killing them on daily basis. Lagos is yoruba land and we are free to do it our ways. I heard one terrorist was about to lynch third class graduate today.
Hypocrite,are you concentrating on your own sw business like this?
Brain cells
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Wickedfacts: 2:48am On Aug 24, 2023
bssmobile:
Will it be an abomination to appoint commissioners from other regions judging from the unique social composition of Lagos afterall we have had military administrators from they region and they performed extremely well. Some like Nudubusi Kanu has a very popular park named after them. We all remember the excellent administration of Burba Marwa. We various Landmark monuments named after him. We really need to embrace tendencies that promote peace and ensure total development like we find in other countries like United Kingdom and United states, Canada..

See them, stupid greedy people.

In the Igboland where you come from, tell us a single state where a Yoruba man was made a Commissioner, just 1.

8 years ago, we gave you Igbos House of Assembly and Rep seats on Lagos. How did you pay Yorubas back? Insults upon insults. Imagine Rita Orji winning a seat in Lagos and excluding Yorubas from her empowerment programs.

Lagos is Yoruba land, let that sink into your head. Yorubas are now going to treat you exactly how you treat Yorubas in your region. If you don't give anything don't expect to receive anything.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by AfonjaConehead: 2:52am On Aug 24, 2023
Wickedfacts eleyi wa ori to fe mine @ 0248 he's grin :

See them, stupid greedy people.

In the Igboland where you come from, tell us a single state where a Yoruba man was made a Commissioner, just 1.

8 years ago, we gave you Igbos House of Assembly and Rep seats on Lagos. How did you pay Yorubas back? Insults upon insults. Imagine Rita Orji winning a seat in Lagos and excluding Yorubas from her empowerment programs.

Lagos is Yoruba land, let that sink into your head. Yorubas are now going to treat you exactly how you treat Yorubas in your region. If you don't give anything don't expect to receive anything.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by prophetfire: 3:01am On Aug 24, 2023
meum:
WTF are they doing with 39 commissioners? Most ministries need not be stand alone ministries.

Prof. Akin Abayomi wasn’t confirmed? Wonderful. The man that carried COVID 19 matter for head just to ensure Lagosians are safe. He even got infected while doing his job. Na wa!
It is pay for confirmation issues and performers usually don't pay. Isn't it Tinubu that usually select that criminal called Obasa as speaker?

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Invest4growth: 3:23am On Aug 24, 2023
The reason cited for the rejection of the 17 is absolute rubbish and nusesting. Is it performance as shown in economic growth and improved welfare we want or political base. So Abayomi.should have treated only APC members during covid to be relevant politically. Why are our people denying us of development by being beclouded by parochial sentiments. It is the Governor who had been.voted for and who need to build his political base. Some of these Commissioners were nominated on account of the technical competence. They are not card carrying member of any party. The Governor is free to.draw select competent resources anywhere around the globe. Surely, the performance of a commissioner will boost the political relevance of the governor himself, the commissioner and their party. Lagosisns should not be denied of the lexcellent performances of Abayomi.and Adefisayo
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by tj4luck(m): 5:26am On Aug 24, 2023
damble:
Muslims confirmed, Christians rejected. They only put ond muslim on the rejected list so people won't notice

When Christians said they wouldn't vote Sawo-olu because of muslim-nuslim ticket, its these Muslims that stood for him. Benefits now come you want to reap where you didn't sow. Out of 40 member list, 32 Christians against 8 Muslims, is that not ridiculous. Go to who you voted to collect your Benefits

2 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by tj4luck(m): 5:27am On Aug 24, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
this muslims are terrorists

Protesting lagos list but not protesting Kwara list

When Christians said they wouldn't vote Sawo-olu because of muslim-nuslim ticket, its these Muslims that stood for him. Benefits now come you want to reap where you didn't sow. Out of 40 member list, 32 Christians against 8 Muslims, is that not ridiculous. Go to who you voted to collect your Benefits
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Lolz419: 6:39am On Aug 24, 2023
adekolaelect:
Is it not Obi / Elu pee supporter that is saying this? Expect no any good comment from him.
Ur education is wasted
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Lovenorth: 6:45am On Aug 24, 2023
Good, Muslims must be given a fare slot
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Lolz419: 6:46am On Aug 24, 2023
Zico5:
The reason is best known to them. Yamirin should concentrate their efforts on terrorists killing them on daily basis. Lagos is yoruba land and we are free to do it our ways. I heard one terrorist was about to lynch third class graduate today.
Dem fence ur eyes and brains
Mugu
Always pushing propagandas and lies

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Chetas81(m): 7:08am On Aug 24, 2023
Aonkuuse:
Chai
hhhhmmm
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Chetas81(m): 7:10am On Aug 24, 2023
NO bad citizen can build a great nation,we only build our motherland inside dream, based on our fraudulent activity
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Kunlelee: 7:33am On Aug 24, 2023
GboyegaD:
It will be nice to have an understanding of why they were not confirmed.
For instance eti osa LG have 10 nominees while some LG have none. So there's loopside in the LG sharing and religion also. That's why the house waited this long.

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by chuksoyo21(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2023
Where is Joe Igbokwe
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Decarbonisation: 7:52am On Aug 24, 2023
APC is a curse. A cancerous worm that needs to be blown into smithereens.

Their death is near.

If you are an APC supporter, start preparing for what is coming

Gbogbo yin onikuuure one by one.

End.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Tayorshd87: 7:53am On Aug 24, 2023
What is our Pronlem in Nigeria with religion.

What's emanate the state that they rejected Muslims and accepted a lot of christains 😢

Nigeria is still very far from development
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by oluwaseyi0: 7:54am On Aug 24, 2023
tj4luck:

I voted Sanwo olu because I see him as the best for the damn job, religion is the last on my mind because I can't even see how it correlate to Lagos election, yet you Muslims are in every state always crying, gnashing teeths and forming victims like an abandoned foetus

Even in Osun state just last month you people still cry

Must everything have religion conotation to you? when you go to the hospital do you start looking for muslim doctor? or are you obsessed with Muslim pilot when you fly? I guess your religious bigot brains shut down when it comes to personal beneficical things

With Muslim Muslim presidency I actually don't expect any Muslim to cry marginalization (even if the next President and VP are both Christians) for the next 16 years, but what do I know the terrorist in you must always win

Yet the hypocrisy and wickedness of it all is that you people will keep mute when muslims are the perpetrator of inequality in Kwara all commisiosners are Muslims despite the polar religion of the place, Non-muslims are attacked daily and prevented from practising their religion yet you guys didnt say anything

Just this week your brothers in other countrires where killing and burning chruches/Christian for a comment made by a non-christian yet you people are just silently smilling and acting blind

Show me your comment on this thread or forever shut the fuxk up: https://www.nairaland.com/7813003/21-churches-destroyed-burnt-pakistan

I am a completely non-religious person but of all religion Islam cringe me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by teebillz: 8:17am On Aug 24, 2023
ZKOSOSO:
Yoruba Muslim ☪️ Jihadists are up in arms.
Muric and other Yoruba Jihadists are behind the rejection. They often believe that Lagos has 70 Muslim ☪️ population. Meanwhile Muslims in Lagos are less than 25%. That's why they did what happened in 18th March Gov elections.
Thank God Gbadebo is on ground and waiting patiently to be next Gov.

The Yoruba Christians are oblivious of what's happening around them. They will rather use their energy against their non Yoruba Christian brothers. Yet every Sunday we sit side by side with these in the House of God. Smh.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by ebbo(m): 8:56am On Aug 24, 2023
just2endowed:

This is exactly the thing that's klllimh Nigeria politics. Every turn deaf ear once its not favouring them.

When Buhari was busy employing his own people, all these cleric never came out to protest. Go to custom office in lagos, and see the number of aboki u see there, this guys will never protest. When the midget in kaduna decided to select his own deputy from his same place, this guys never protest. Lastly let's imagine there was a Christian president and vice president, do you think all hell will not fall down on Nigeria?

We are just selfish and greedy in this country filled with nepotism

Democracy is a game of numbers na, do u have the numbers to produce a Christian Christian ticket?
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Herbiodun09: 9:32am On Aug 24, 2023
I care less. All are yorubas 🤗
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by mickyus4uyahoo(m): 9:46am On Aug 24, 2023
Hon Barakat AKANDE is fit to be confirmed,
Done so much for Surulere and Lagos as a whole
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by dataking: 11:21am On Aug 24, 2023
Why wailing. Let there be fairness and equity. Not padi padi appointments.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by midehi2(f): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2023
My gee first name cheesy
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 by Ayoade19(m): 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2023
Good, especially that Mrs. Folashade Adefisayo, she's inhumane and too egoistic. I had an encounter with her twice and she was telling me to go to my state University.
Me that was born and bred in Lagos, my parents were also born and bred here o.
I had to beg, beg and 'rebeg' till Mr. Tokunbo Wahab came to my rescue.
fergie001:

SOURCE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures) / Armed Robbers At Alaba International Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.