Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators (24832 Views)

United Nigeria Airline Lagos-Abuja Flight Lands In Asaba / Passengers Groan As British Airways Diverts Abuja Flight To Lagos Over Terror Al / Arik Passengers Use Hand-Fan On Abuja Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Acidosis(m): 8:24am On Aug 24, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Lagos to Abuja on God is Good Motors is 35k
Dana is charging less than 50k for a flight
Valuejet is less than 60k

Can you imagine...!
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by kacheezy: 8:24am On Aug 24, 2023
NOwazobia:
Na wa oooo...

How much be Bus fare again... 😒

Kidnappers are waiting on the roads. Our problems are too much.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Btruth: 8:25am On Aug 24, 2023
DenreleDave:
grin grin grin grin grin

For folks like me and some many others who haven't boarded a plane before because we can't afford it, this increment will only make the hope of boarding on a plane draw longer....

If i never get money to take it when it was 50k, shey na when dem increase am to 250k, na hin I go get the money to take flight within Nigeria. So I rather go for train or bus 🚍

Nigerians just always love to extort Nigerians
there's nothing impossible for God Oga......you only need to believe. 🤷
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by starstaz(m): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2023
Pierocash:
Make it 600k. Thieves.

Don't mind him. 2,5 Mi will be a fair price for d trip .
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Alpharey: 8:25am On Aug 24, 2023
ALL I CAN SAY IS, LETS ENJOY OUR NIGERIA. AFTER TINUBU, SHETTIMA CONTINUE, AFTER SHETTIMA, EL RUFAI OR WIKE. AS AN OBIDIENT, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, IF YOU CAN'T COPE WITH THE STRESS, JUST GIVE UP AND LET OTHERS CONTINUE THE SUFFERING. THEY THINK THEY ARE DOING ME WHEN THEY ARE CHEERING APC FOR STEALING OUR MANDATE. PLS DON'T MENTION ME AS I AM ALSO ENJOYING THE HARDSHIP 🚶🚶🚶🚶
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Akaegwu(m): 8:27am On Aug 24, 2023
I trust my by circle
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by winner37(m): 8:28am On Aug 24, 2023
This people are giving me depression everyday so how much will be ticket from Nigeria to Germany or Canada?
Like this my passport will expire I don't japa 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Help me God !!
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by stanisbaratheon: 8:29am On Aug 24, 2023
ridiculous
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by jesmond3945: 8:29am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
Why is it that a currency ($) that Nigeria doesn't own nor print keeps having such an insane influence on our local economy??
God bless you. I mean are we now using dollar or what.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by LordAdam16: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2023
mrvitalis:
I honestly don't get why u can get flight from London to Paris for under £50 ... There are flights under £20

Their pilots earn more, their workers generally earn more than Nigerian aviation workers by a factor of over 7

Aviation fuel is way cheaper in Nigeria

So why exactly is flight far more expensive in Nigeria

I honestly can't get it honestly

seborrhic:

Honestly,the distortion and paradox is puzzling.
Far higher paid workers,higher taxes,more regular and therefore costlier maintenance, yet their fares are still cheaper than that of Nigeria.
It just doesn't add up and doesn't seem to make sense.

Please, if someone provides a plausible answer, do mention me.

I see fares in Asia and I'm flabbergasted by ours.

-Lord
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by jesmond3945: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2023
Mcreloaded:

Because we import everything we consume and you can't buy things from another country in naira.
Learnt thus in primary 1
not really bro. There is a calculated attempt to destroy our currency. Our major import is pms. However, most of the things we import can be manufactured locally. The manufactures will say lack of electricity would make their products not competitive with imported ones. We are a very lazy country.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by zicoraads: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2023
Acidosis:
Frankly, airline is relatively cheap. No justification for charging less than 60k for a 1 hour trip while God is Good Motors charge around 30k for a journey of over 10 hours with high risk (robbery, kidnapping). In fact, airline only increased their fees recently. It's always been a 10-15k difference between airline and road trips (totally not worth it). Airline operators have been fair.

I agree with you. Dem go still give una biskit and juwis on top. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by SHOLLAU: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2023
Because of Importation.
ShortBiscuit:
Why is it that a currency ($) that Nigeria doesn't own nor print keeps having such an insane influence on our local economy??
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2023
DenreleDave:
grin grin grin grin grin

For folks like me and some many others who haven't boarded a plane before because we can't afford it, this increment will only make the hope of boarding on a plane draw longer....

If i never get money to take it when it was 50k, shey na when dem increase am to 250k, na hin I go get the money to take flight within Nigeria. So I rather go for train or bus 🚍

Nigerians just always love to extort Nigerians
Na wa ooo. God dey!
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by SHOLLAU: 8:35am On Aug 24, 2023
Because of importation.. We import 95% of our consumption
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Landmine1: 8:35am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
because your country depends so much on imports made with that ($) as payment. If Nigeria was a producing state, naira would have been a sole currency of its own.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Kaycee9242(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:

That's because we import most of the things we use and consume and for you to import them you have to convert your money to dollar first
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2023
E go Favour me and my family and my neighbors on Nairaland!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Pierocash(m): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2023
Guyman01:

You won't say this if you run a business under the current atmosphere even if its pure water you are selling, but I won't blame you since your work is extorting struggling bus and Keke drivers and threatening to break their side mirrors and windscreen while screaming "Owomida and Owo Shiaman"
Ewu! I take flight more than your entire generation take taxi. I am a business person who flies often than your wretched family. Not everyone earns salary like you.

No circumstances that will make a trip from Lagos to Abuja 250k . So let him make it 600k then

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by ConquerorK: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:

That is what it means when a currency becomes the most dominant currency and also the global reserve currency.

80% of all international trades are made in dollars
60% of all international deposits and loans are made in dollars
59% of the global reserve is in dollars, far larger than the second most used reserve currency which is euro€ at 20%

This is the major reason China, Russia and south Africa are ditching dollar, it destroys every other economy for the gain of USA. Any inflation of the dollar or financial crisis in USA leads to a massive problem globally while USA only carry a tiny portion of the problem they cause.

It's now like USA being the driver in a car while all other countries are the shock absorbers, when the driver intentionally speed into a pothole, you know who feels the most effect...

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by BarrElChapo(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2023
mrvitalis:
I honestly don't get why u can get flight from London to Paris for under £50 ... There are flights under £20

Their pilots earn more, their workers generally earn more than Nigerian aviation workers by a factor of over 7

Aviation fuel is way cheaper in Nigeria

So why exactly is flight far more expensive in Nigeria

I honestly can't get it honestly
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Landmine1: 8:37am On Aug 24, 2023
seborrhic:

Honestly,the distortion and paradox is puzzling.
Far higher paid workers,higher taxes,more regular and therefore costlier maintenance,yet their fares are still cheaper than that of Nigeria.
It just doesn't add up and doesn't seem to make sense.
because Naira. They earn and pay in Naira thus nothing is stable.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by jesmond3945: 8:37am On Aug 24, 2023
flokii:

It's greed of the black man... The airline operators won't disclose the exact amount of money they make with just one trip carrying hundreds of passangers.. not to talk of the multiple trips per day and amount they make on weekly and monthly basis.
They have formed cabals in the aviation industry to be milking Nigerians just like other sectors.

One bus will carry 18 - 22 people max at 35k for 10 - 14 hours journey but plane will lift as much as 400+ passangers at once for airbus for a 1hr 15mins trip.
They are telling us rubbish just to jistify their own 419 activities.
i dont think is greed. The demand outweighs the supply. Assuming we had safe road and rail, it will cut demand and lower prices. Also remember maintenance and fuelling is subject to international price. Why can't tinubu convert presidential fleet to run national carrier.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by James91: 8:38am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
Please guys let try to do research before coming online to comment, even secondary school children knew that our country is import dependent nation, you can't use your local currency to import goods , it's most be international currency 💲 that is dollar.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Fryx: 8:38am On Aug 24, 2023

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by RaptorX: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2023
How much was the flight ticket from Lagos to Abuja when Babangida's aviation minister said air travel wasn't meant for the poor.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by orisa37: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2023
WALE EDUN.
OKONKWO IS A SPOILER AND SAN(SERIOUSLY AGAINST NIGERIA).
PLEASE SCRAP "N NAIRA". PRODUCE NEW NAIRA NOTES TO BOOST LOCAL ACTIVITIES AND INDUSTRIES.
STOP ALL FOREIGN TRIPS AND THE CARRYING OF DOLLARS AROUND IN NIGERIA.
MAKE ALL ACCESSES TO TRAVELLERS CHEQUES TO BE
AGAINST PRESENTMENT OF CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS, CERTIFIED PROFORMAL INVOICES AND CERTIFIED CBN CLEARANCE.
PRICES ARE AGGRAVATING EVERY MINUTE IN NIGERIA. IT IS LEFT TO OST, OGUN STATE TRIO OF FINANCE, DT & CBN NOW TO RECTIFY. PLEASE NO EXTENSION OF BUHARINOMICS. "TOLU-LOKAN-NOMICS' IN PURITY WE WANT".
SS, SOMETHING SMELLS, SO THINK NIGERIA.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by jegaxe(m): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
you no read economics for school
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Regex: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2023
LordAdam16:

Please, if someone provides a plausible answer, do mention me.

I see fares in Asia and I'm flabbergasted by ours.

-Lord

If them mention you, mention me. Flight from UK to USA, can be gotten for £350 BA direct flight. Yet one for Nigeria is fucking expensive. Nigeria is 6hrs and USA is 9hrs 30min.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by orisa37: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2023
jegaxe:
you no read economics for small

SS SOMETHING SMELLS.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Bridget95(f): 8:44am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
we are in a global economy. Unfortunately we don't earn enough foreign exchange because our system is dead. Our local economy is vertical depending on products and services purchased with dollars so that is why dollars is our god after God
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by floret23(f): 8:44am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
Another question, why is dollar not having such influence on other countries' economy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Brothers Involved In Fatal Accident In Delta State. Photos / LASTMA Officials Fixing Bad Portions Of A Road In Lagos (PIX) / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure: Updates On Traffic Around Lagos Metropolis (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.