Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators (24824 Views)

United Nigeria Airline Lagos-Abuja Flight Lands In Asaba / Passengers Groan As British Airways Diverts Abuja Flight To Lagos Over Terror Al / Arik Passengers Use Hand-Fan On Abuja Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by segcymoor(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2023
SmartPolician:

The reason is that the UK government subsidizes the aviation industry with more than £10 billion (10 trillion naira) every year.

The same goes for most of the advanced countries where people have to travel long distances to connect to various states or provinces.

Nigerian government cannot afford to pay that money. That's why I keep telling people to erase the impression that Nigeria is rich. With or without corruption, this country is flat broke. We need smart thinkers as leaders to start harnessing our untapped potential.

Like Smart politician grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Draslo(m): 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
mrvitalis:
I honestly don't get why u can get flight from London to Paris for under £50 ... There are flights under £20

Their pilots earn more, their workers generally earn more than Nigerian aviation workers by a factor of over 7

Aviation fuel is way cheaper in Nigeria

So why exactly is flight far more expensive in Nigeria

I honestly can't get it honestly
Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria. Until the entity is dissolved, na so so suffer and complain we go dey
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by GetSenseNow: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
DenreleDave:

So it is compulsory we support obi bcox he is Igbo.

And pls use osinbajo as cover up bcox it won't fly.

Sorry to disappoint you, I didn't see any track record or achievement of Peter obi and I'm sure most of you know that too but you supported bcox you all think it's time for Yr tribal person to rule. Or shey na the attack ń blackmail by you folks I wan start to dey talk about?

Don't stress ursef boss.... This is democracy

No one asked you to support Obi because he's Igbo. And Osibanjo was the only candidate I and my people were rooting for before he was cheated out during the APC primaries. Do you think someone like Osibanjo would've suddenly removed subsidy without making sure modalities had already been put in place to cushion the effects? Sometimes una need to dey think.

The funny thing is that if you guys were asked to vote TInubu as president of Yorubaland you'll never do that
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by OctavianAC(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
Why is it that a currency ($) that Nigeria doesn't own nor print keeps having such an insane influence on our local economy??

Why is that you are using an android phone bought in ($) that Nigeria(n) cannot produce?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Drayco007(m): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
Where is my bicycle?
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by DenreleDave(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
GetSenseNow:

No one asked you to support Obi because he's Igbo. And Osibanjo was the only candidate I and my people were rooting for before he was cheated out during the APC primaries. Do you think someone like Osibanjo would've suddenly removed subsidy without making sure modalities had already been put in place to cushion the effects? Sometimes una need to dey think.

The funny thing is that if you guys were asked to vote TInubu as president of Yorubaland you'll never do that

The bolded.. You think you are talking to zombies wey full Una obidients cult? grin grin grin

This edt said his people and him are supporting osinbajo 😁😁😁.

So how was osinbajo cheated out? Care to Explain?

Oga stop pretending like you care.... Be bold and admit.. Stop hiding under osinbajo

Your people were expecting osinbajo bcox it will be a game over for apc after all, he is part of the govt dt made Nigeria suffer.. Your bet was osinbajo against obi would mean a win for obi as osinbajo has no political relevance like Jagaban or obi.

The shock of Jagaban emerging sent you all to coma.. We remember how you wished him dead and you people did not hide.

Why would I even support someone supporters are threatening and blackmailing others for.. God forbid you and them

You think I don't know the game u r playing... He said my people and I, as if they care....Abeg shift jare.. I don't care about any one... I will only support whoever I wana support and notin a million of your people & obidients can blackmail me on.. Remember it is democracy..

I don't even vote bcox u say I'm an apc member...
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Emeka71(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
Why is it that a currency ($) that Nigeria doesn't own nor print keeps having such an insane influence on our local economy??
How about train fare?
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Dybala11(m): 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
flokii:

It's greed of the black man... The airline operators won't disclose the exact amount of money they make with just one trip carrying hundreds of passangers.. not to talk of the multiple trips per day and amount they make on weekly and monthly basis.
They have formed cabals in the aviation industry to be milking Nigerians just like other sectors.

One bus will carry 18 - 22 people max at 35k for 10 - 14 hours journey but plane will lift as much as 400+ passangers at once for airbus for a 1hr 15mins trip.
They are telling us rubbish just to jistify their own 419 activities.
It's a capitalist world my brother. 😪😪
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by DenreleDave(m): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Mind you this is my last response to you.. I don't argue with cowards who can own up to themselves rather hiding under another tribe to fight for theirs..

You are not worth my time..

Tell Obi, I wish him good luck

If tinubu fails do perform, we might consider him.

Last response to your coward chit chat

Bye 👋
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Cromagnon: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
you import Everton with it
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by SPAMBOX7: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2023
Guyman01:

You won't say this if you run a business under the current atmosphere even if its pure water you are selling, but I won't blame you since your work is extorting struggling bus and Keke drivers and threatening to break their side mirrors and windscreen while screaming "Owomida and Owo Shiaman"
He's actually against it just like you. He's just being sarcastic while angry
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by yeslollipop(f): 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
Guyman01:

You won't say this if you run a business under the current atmosphere even if its pure water you are selling, but I won't blame you since your work is extorting struggling bus and Keke drivers and threatening to break their side mirrors and windscreen while screaming "Owomida and Owo Shiaman"

Fatality shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by VEHINTOLAR: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:

The answer is that,Nigeria is a consuming economy ! It is even worse when you can't produce what you so much love to consume ! You'll always need a foreign currency,dollars precisely,to transact internationally !

Africans are willing slaves !
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by emmaodet: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
mrvitalis:
I honestly don't get why u can get flight from London to Paris for under £50 ... There are flights under £20

Their pilots earn more, their workers generally earn more than Nigerian aviation workers by a factor of over 7

Aviation fuel is way cheaper in Nigeria

So why exactly is flight far more expensive in Nigeria

I honestly can't get it honestly

Exactly Mr Vitalis.
When international flight between UK and France cost about 20 pounds despite their pilots earning farm more than ours yet local flights here cost a neck.
I guess it is high tariffs from government and all these middle men because there is no point for airline operators to be buying aviation fuel from markers. They need to remove their hands
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by ogawisdom(m): 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:

Is this hard to see why?
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by BALLOSKI: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
We just have to regulate our over dependence on the dollar. I can't wait for BRICS currency or AFcTA to come up with something.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by MeineMutter: 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:

It’s because we are import-dependent.

Anytime we import, we have to pay with foreign currency since they don’t spend Naira in the country where we import and US dollar is what a lot of countries (not all countries) are using to store value of their money because USD’s value doesn’t fluctuate, significantly, due to the country being an economic world power.
That’s why China and some other countries are trying to form alliance (it started with BRIC - Brazil, Russia, India & China) and setting up new currency that can be used for payment settlement, rather than the USD, among trading nations in that alliance.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by MeineMutter: 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2023
GetSenseNow:

If we leave tribalism aside, we know the kinda people who would do a good job of leading this shithole forward.
If you guys can't support an Igbo man, you should've supported osibanjo. Most of my fellow Igbos are ok with either osibanjo or Obi. I don't understand why Nigerians like voting career politicians to lead them. You guys are a weird bunch

There’s nothing those two mumus you mentioned will do. They ain’t got no magic wands.
Nigeria is long gone into the drain before dem born Osinbanjo and Obi.

We need collective efforts to revive Nigeria. It’s not leadership problem that we solely have.
We followers cause more than 70% of Nigeria’s problems.
Check yourself everyday on all your dealings towards the state or towards people.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Acidosis(m): 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
Harrynight:

Did you read what you just typed?

Just an Hour Flight is 60k with no guarantee of risk free or survival assurance in case of disaste and you said it's very fair.
Meanwhile God is God will run for a whole 10 to 12 hours for less than half that amount

The flight might has over 100 passengers on board wile GOD IS GOOD just 14

One hour flight shouldn't worth more than 40/50k

As at when I used to pay Flight tickets from Lagos to Uyo for 15k
God is God was about 5k same destination

That's 10k difference

What's happening now

Erroneous interpretations everywhere.

The difference between 5k and 15k is 10k to market women, but in the realm of economics, it's a 200% increase.

By your own calculations: when GIG sells ticket for 30k, flight should be 90k, not 40k (market women calculation).
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by bluefilm: 1:35am On Aug 25, 2023
Na una dey do unasef.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Vitally123: 6:27am On Aug 25, 2023
Because it's CAPITAL Project, abi?
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Harrynight(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2023
Acidosis:

Erroneous interpretations everywhere.

The difference between 5k and 15k is 10k to market women, but in the realm of economics, it's a 200% increase.

By your own calculations: when GIG sells ticket for 30k, flight should be 90k, not 40k (market women calculation).

Ok what the market women are running are geography or Biology not Economics. WELL-DONE Sir

And don't forget that between that time of 5k Transport by land and 15k by air TILL NOW... Aviation fuel has only increased with about 400% while Petrol rises with a whopping 600% increase
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Acidosis(m): 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
Harrynight:

Ok what the market women are running are geography or Biology not Economics. WELL-DONE Sir

And don't forget that between that time of 5k Transport by land and 15k by air TILL NOW... Aviation fuel has only increased with about 400% while Petrol rises with a whopping 600% increase

Let me know when you are ready to compare the cost of aircraft vs. Buses; salary of pilots/crew vs. drivers' salaries; airport maintenance charges and levies vs. NURTW levies; cost of licensing, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by donrexhibites(m): 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
In Malaysia, a 90minutes flight costs between 10,000- 15,000 Naira (equivalent).
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Exceed15: 10:52am On Aug 26, 2023
Pierocash:
Make it 600k. Thieves.

Oga direct your anger to your president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians / Tipper Crushes 2 To Death In Anambra, Injures 6 / Ogun Government Begins The Rehabilitation Of Sango-Ota Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.