Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators (24787 Views)

United Nigeria Airline Lagos-Abuja Flight Lands In Asaba / Passengers Groan As British Airways Diverts Abuja Flight To Lagos Over Terror Al / Arik Passengers Use Hand-Fan On Abuja Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by adamlawal(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2023
Guyman01:

You won't say this if you run a business under the current atmosphere even if its pure water you are selling, but I won't blame you since your work is extorting struggling bus and Keke drivers and threatening to break their side mirrors and windscreen while screaming "Owomida and Owo Shiaman"
😂😂 😂 I no fit laugh abeg

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by orisa37: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2023
orisa37:

SS SOMETHING SMELLS.

NS NIGERIA STINKS.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by BigBlvck: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2023
The airline operators want to add their own wahala to what's on ground already.
Why are we suffocating ourselves in this country, when are we really going to have a breath of fresh air?
Well, as Nigerians we always find a way to survive the hardship.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by jaxxy(m): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2023
These people want to destroy this country with bad policies.

Imagine like money has no value in Nigeria again.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by asanausana91: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2023
I pray it should reach 500k or 1 million so that everyone will feel it.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by salem1996: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2023
Newdawn30:
The middle class or average families are the ones feeling these harsh economic policies . I think what this present govt is doing is devilish

Na think you still deh think? We way don think am before we go vote sef...

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by DaddyJapan(m): 8:52am On Aug 24, 2023
mrvitalis:
I honestly don't get why u can get flight from London to Paris for under £50 ... There are flights under £20

Their pilots earn more, their workers generally earn more than Nigerian aviation workers by a factor of over 7

Aviation fuel is way cheaper in Nigeria

So why exactly is flight far more expensive in Nigeria

I honestly can't get it honestly

It is common knowledge that the airline industry operates at low profit margins even on a good day.
This one no be rocket science nah.

“Even to wet lease, the conditions are so tough, making it impossible for airlines in Nigeria to succeed with ease. The foreign airlines borrow money at two per cent single digit, but in Nigeria we borrow at 26 per cent. And when we tell the outside world that we pay 26 per cent interest, they scream.

“The forex is not even constant, so you can’t even plan with it. Your ticket sales are in naira and everything about aviation is in dollars. So, at the end of the day, the volatility of the forex regime does not allow you to plan adequately. You need to pity not just the airlines but anybody in this industry.

“We also have limited operating hours, as most of the airports are sunset airports (flights cannot land there after 6:00 pm). The equipment you buy with so much money at 26% interest rate is supposed to be flying at least 18 hours a day but you find yourself flying between seven hours and they close shop in most of the airports.

He said Nigeria’s airports would need significant improvement in the provision of security screening posts and equipment, noting that there are also inadequacies in the manning levels of trained aviation security personnel. He added that the current passenger lounges and departure halls at the nation’s various Airports have exceeded their design throughput capacities. Similarly, the scheduling of airline flights in and out of the airports does not allow for seamless optimal utilization of the available resources.

Onyema was of the opinion that fuel would constitute approximately 40 – 60 per cent of an airline’s direct operating cost, depending on the age of the aircraft fleet in operation. Unfortunately, as a result of extraneous factors completely out of the control of operators, airlines are exposed to the vagaries of the volatility of the world oil market, making any long-term strategic planning impossible and completely wiping out any possible profits with inherent spikes, adding that the situation is further exacerbated by the sole reliance on importation by the local suppliers, resulting in erratic and haphazard supplies.

Excerpts come from Challenges of Airline Operation in Nigeria
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by enemyofprogress: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2023
Business go boom for armed robbers and kidnappers on the Nigerian roads be dat.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by orisa37: 8:56am On Aug 24, 2023
Regex:

If them mention you, mention me. Flight from UK to USA, can be gotten for £350 BA direct flight. Yet one for Nigeria is fucking expensive. Nigeria is 6hrs and USA is 9hrs 30min.

FINANCE DIGITAL TECH AND CBN ARE RUSHING US.
LIKE THEY WANT TO BURY US ALIVE.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by BigDawsNet: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2023
mrvitalis:
I honestly don't get why u can get flight from London to Paris for under £50 ... There are flights under £20

Their pilots earn more, their workers generally earn more than Nigerian aviation workers by a factor of over 7

Aviation fuel is way cheaper in Nigeria

So why exactly is flight far more expensive in Nigeria

I honestly can't get it honestly

They are taking advantage of the economical issues in the country... and no one can actually stand to sanctions them because majority of Nigeria population doesn't hav the money to fly them...

So it doesn't concern the average man
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Regex: 9:00am On Aug 24, 2023
orisa37:

FINANCE DIGITAL TECH AND CBN ARE RUSHING US.
LIKE THEY WANT TO BURY US ALIVE.

Ah swear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by sonofsteven: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2023
flokii:

It's greed of the black man... The airline operators won't disclose the exact amount of money they make with just one trip carrying hundreds of passangers.. not to talk of the multiple trips per day and amount they make on weekly and monthly basis.
They have formed cabals in the aviation industry to be milking Nigerians just like other sectors.

One bus will carry 18 - 22 people max at 35k for 10 - 14 hours journey but plane will lift as much as 400+ passangers at once for airbus for a 1hr 15mins trip.
They are telling us rubbish just to jistify their own 419 activities.

Do you think planes carry full passengers?

Have you heard of hijackers taking up seats for themselves to resell?

Say what you know please, do you think 400+passengers fly to lagos on a daily in a one way trip?

Even international flights will not take up full passengers, they go to their country to join passengers and still not get filled up

If you are a flier or frequent traveler,you go understand...

Let's stop this I too know

If you are a business person, you will understand the economy is not smiling

That was how one was saying shits about business people increasing prices, what they don't know, they want to talk about it instead of asking questions... dollar no dey stable, rmb no dey stable, leave people in that position or with knowledge of it to Express themselves

If you are into importation, you will know what they faced, if you are into road transportation, you will have an idea of their plight, if you are a salary earner, you will know what employees face(a self employed man won't know what employees go through) everyone with his or her own...

That was how the above commenter they bash people in business and he or she has no single idea about Business... ask me about airlines and I will tell you some secrets which the airlines are battling because I have some knowledge of it,if e pass me,I give you the one I know,you go meet the next person to add up

Thank you
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Etimemy: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
Why is it that a currency ($) that Nigeria doesn't own nor print keeps having such an insane influence on our local economy??

Because of wrong policy implementation, external debit and being solely a consumption nation. The drivers of the country don't have vision.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Allisgud: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2023
Something that was 25k before,God help us
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by BigDawsNet: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2023
SmartPolician:

The reason is that the UK government subsidizes the aviation industry with more than £10 billion (10 trillion naira) every year.

The same goes for most of the advanced countries where people have to travel long distances to connect to various states or provinces.

Nigerian government cannot afford to pay that money. That's why I keep telling people to erase the impression that Nigeria is rich. With or without corruption, this country is flat broke. We need smart thinkers as leaders to start harnessing our untapped potential.

I don't agree we are broke country...
We are definitely rich and we have the abundant Natural resources to keep us at one of the wealthiest country on earth... but unfortunately... 96% of the assest are been stolen daily by group of greedy leaders...
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Blackdisciple(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2023
Domestic airlines chaiii...
Na outside country I wan go
How much do they pay from DC to NewYork domestic flight

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by InvertedHammer: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
Why is it that a currency ($) that Nigeria doesn't own nor print keeps having such an insane influence on our local economy??
/

US positioned her fiat currency to choke everyone else. That's how they are quick to seize any country's funds. Wanna do wire transfer from Nigeria to India? The intermediary bank is in USA. Go figure!

Some nations are struggling to get off that economic grip but it has not been easy. UN, NATO, IMF, World Bank, you name it are under the strict control of USA. If US economy coughs, every other country goes into a tailspin.

/

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by orisa37: 9:07am On Aug 24, 2023
NO. THE PRICE SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN N30'000.
THE RECONCILING OF OFFICIAL AND PARALLEL RATES OF OUR CURRENCY SHOULD BEGIN AT DENOMINATION AND TAGGING AND NOT AT DEVALUATION AT ABOKI MARKETS.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Stylz69(m): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2023
Please 250k is barley enough… make it 1,000,000!
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Ingocof(m): 9:09am On Aug 24, 2023
When will you leave this level of wailing, crying and gnashing of teeth? Peter Obi can never be president in this country, it can only happen in Biafra, know it and know peace.
And for your information Nigeria will come out of this and become a better nation for as many that want to see the good of this country.

Apc messed una up for good 8years.. Una still carry dey support same APC.

When Bat was avoiding debates ,them no still fit get sense to know that he has got nothing to offer.. cheesy [/quote]
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by orisa37: 9:12am On Aug 24, 2023
ALL LOCAL PRICING OF GOODS AND SERVICES IN NIGERIA MUST REVERT TO GEJ'S STANDARDS OF N180:$1.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by samsard(m): 9:12am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:
Because world trade is done in that currency. And of course, we can't forget the fact that our government is printing ours with reckless abandon and creating an even greater surge for dollar demand without increased dollar inflow. Before you complain, the only reason we don't have enough is we spend more of it than we earn. We import too much and export too little. China has literal trillions in dollars because of it's exports.
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Samcent: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2023
starstaz:

Don't mind him. 2,5 Mi will be a fair price for d trip .

2.5m is still not fair. They should make it 5m, make only dem dey fly.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by NinjaMetahuman: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2023
Mcreloaded:

Because we import everything we consume and you can't buy things from another country in naira.
Learnt thus in primary 1
these ones are just greedy and taking advantage of current situation to profiteer. just like a typical Nigerian style.

Flight is cheaper in Europe and and I bet with you that aviation fuel is more expensive in Europe than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by zedegit: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2023
ShortBiscuit:

It's because you're not self sufficient. Nigeria imports majority of it's products from abroad and even the little it's trying to export is being disturbed by bandits and terrorists.
Eliminate these bandits and every other things would fall in place.
Security is the number 1 duty of a leader but our leaders don't understand this and they keep failing.

All they know is borrowing loans and incurring debts. They don't even borrow for production but consumption. Sharing money in bags in the name of prayers according to Senate President!
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by SmartPolician: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2023
BigDawsNet:

I don't agree we are broke country...
We are definitely rich and we have the abundant Natural resources to keep us at one of the wealthiest country on earth... but unfortunately... 96% of the assest are been stolen daily by group of greedy leaders...

Leadership is tough! What sustains a country is how enterprising their leaders are. Today, every serious country is looking for means to diversify their economy and make more money for their people.

For decades now, Nigérian government has been depending only on oil and gas to feed a population of over 200 million. You cannot have that number of people in one geographic location and depend on one revenue stream to sustain them. You can never be rich. That's why Buhari was singing diversification before he was elected but later found out that he lacked the capacity to do it because he lacks ideas.

You see, rich countries with massive population like America and China always have multiple streams of income. American and Chinese companies are practically everywhere generating money for their governments, not just oil and gas. As a result, their GDP runs in trillions of dollars. Nigeria is just over $300 billion or so.

You don't have to agree with me. Facts are facts. If you want to know a rich country, check their budgets. What the federal government budgets is same as that of one state in America. In fact, the budget of Maryland ($60 billion) is bigger than Nigeria's federal budget of less than $50 billion. Guess what, Nigérian leaders only steal from available money which is earmarked for funding a budget that is not up to $50 billion. That's why Peter Obi was crying that we don't meet our OPEC quota for crude oil sales.

In summary, a man who has multiple streams of income is often richer than a man who depends on one. Again, we need smart leaders to start harnessing Nigeria's untapped potential. If you like, keep arguing. If you like, learn. It's entirely up to you.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by Squirrel1(m): 9:25am On Aug 24, 2023
seborrhic:

Honestly,the distortion and paradox is puzzling.
Far higher paid workers,higher taxes,more regular and therefore costlier maintenance,yet their fares are still cheaper than that of Nigeria.
It just doesn't add up and doesn't seem to make sense.
because the still carry out imperialist... The resources they still get from African somehow keeps them afloat..

France has no gold mine but it hasn't nearly highest gold deposit in d vault.

Again, this doesn't mean that our own leaders aren't corrupt
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by highness25(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2023
Guyman01:

You won't say this if you run a business under the current atmosphere even if its pure water you are selling, but I won't blame you since your work is extorting struggling bus and Keke drivers and threatening to break their side mirrors and windscreen while screaming "Owomida and Owo Shiaman"
He didn't say anything wrong na. Try and understand his comment first
Re: Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators by kenex4ever(m): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2023
Pierocash:
Make it 600k. Thieves.

I'm sure you did not read the article.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nike Art Gallery, Freedom Park & National Museum In Pictures / New Trump Rule May Require Some African Tourists To Pay Up To $15,000 In Bonds / Many Cows Dead After Truck Veered Off Highway And Crashed Into A Bush. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.