Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members (26007 Views)

Khan: Russia adds ICC Prosecutor Who Wanted Putin Arrested to its "Wanted List' / Saudi Arabia & UAE Leaders Rejects President Biden's Call Over Ukraine / Brawling At Pan-African Parliament As Members Fight for Presidency Post (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by NinjaMetahuman: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ayodeoba:
when did come into existence? For a better economy which doesn’t depend on American dollars, Nigeria needs to join brics
mehh

Nigeria doesn't need to join shit.
Brics ain't shit. We can stay neutral and be using it to our advantage than joining any useless brics.

Unless you can point to one thing members countries of the so called brics have gained since 2010 that they formed the do called brics.
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by NinjaMetahuman: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
adekunleogun:
BRICS means (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa}
someone said RUSSIA BE ICE grin

R- Russia
I - United Arab Emirates
S- South Africa
S- Saudi Arabia
I - India
A - Argentina
B - Brazil
E - Egypt
I - Iran
C - China
E - Ethiopia
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Peppysco: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2023
obembet:

Goodnews is that your mother and your father is from zoo.

Only animal leaves in zoo, . Meaning that your father and your mother are....

Remember, animal only give birth to animal

God bless Nigeria

You brought a gun to a knife's fight, you're not nice at all. Easy on some of the Obidients and enemies of the state, they're yet to recover from the loss of the election, don't add more to their miseries.

3 Likes

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by TheOgaBoss: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2023
orion7:
Y are they adding Muslim countries. Ha. 😡
Is Argentina a Muslim country?
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Peppysco: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
chigator2:

God forbid I live in a Zoo.

But the bible gives recourse to those in such predicament by saying that we can be in the world but not part of it.

Brainwashed NK's protege. You called the country a zoo but refuse to identify as one of the animals living in the zoo, you nor see say Ori tin taeeee.
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by ElSudani: 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
it's just a gathering of enemies of America lol... Nothing new, all they have to offer is nothing but anti America policies.

While they continue to exploit the weakest amongst them. In as much as they can't do without america dollar, it's all a waste of time.

I am beginning to see it that way as well, how come the largest economy in Africa is left out?
Another thing, Nigeria should seriously start to look inwards and develop our country, even the United States often snub Nigeria except when they need us to play the policeman.
Obama toured Africa, never came to Nigeria.
The people I pity the most are those who are quick to go online to run down their country because of petty politics.

1 Like

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by emapeteum(m): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2023
chigator2:

What do you call that place, a home.

A home where japa becomes a ln industry or economic sector points to how useless, unhappy and disjointed that home has proven to be.

So yes, it's a ZOO. Prove me otherwise with a street survey from common place respondents. Rubbish
Then what do you call yourself: human or animal? I am not the one calling you names but from the view of your country or you have a different country where you are from?
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by dreamxhaser: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
wink2015:

Corruption is too high in Nigeria.

This is the principal reason Nigeria can not join the global economy.

Northerners with all their big land refused to face Agriculture.

If Nigeria will ever dream of joining BRICS then it is a man like Peter Obi of the Labour Party.

Nigeria can not even guarantee regular electricity.

Crude oil and gas earnings are never used to build the economy.

All these espitle because of BRICS?

Mtchewwww

I rather have us being pro west than joining the set of countries
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by DeGLORIOUS: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
What is BRICS?
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by juman(m): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
Nigeria is a broken country misled severely by bad leaders, can never be near such union.
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Goodnigga: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Nigeria when?

but what will the name now be

BRICS+ ?
IYA BASIRA
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by tunwumi: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
chigator2:

God forbid I live in a Zoo.

But the bible gives recourse to those in such predicament by saying that we can be in the world but not part of it.

Yes I agreed with you. The same bible says something begat something Eg Nairaland
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Kilometres: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
circular:
America is loosing out

American allies are penetrating...that's the point
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2023
No west African country in brics. But some useless idiot from god knows where will try to tear down Ecowas
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Josbreed: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
GeneralPula:

Nope..

Those countries mentioned were invited. They’re yet to say yes or no. It’s still an invitation..

But the beginning of the post says BRICS has accepted and added...
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by DukeNija(m): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2023
thegooddieyoung:
The US and EU bloc can go to hell
These guys have collectively done more harm to humanity.

But I go still japa shall

I hope not to any EU or North American country. Please avoid those countries that have done more harm to humanity so that thunder will not destroy your hypocritical life.

Make sure you japa to China, Russia, India, South Africa, Argentina or Ethiopia.

Avoid America, Canada, UK or other EU countries.

1 Like

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by RaptorX: 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Nigeria when?

BRICS+ ?
BRICS+6
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by SOSPITAS(m): 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
[quote author=drips8 post=125327710]BRICS is just a non performing organization, zero obligations. No military operation, no trade organization or requirements for participation. It's still largely ineffective, but things might change sometime. [/quote]

The brics is an alternative group to the G7 , the seek to challenge or perhaps provide an alternative to the dollar system. They understand that they cannot challenge the dollar in the debt market so the are going for the commodity market. Between them (old & new members) they controls 60% of world commodity supply & human capital, I am talking of oil, food, minerals, rare earth metals. Also they have massive population & land mass. If they can cause the world Market to conduct trade in these commodities outside the dollars, it will be a huge blow to the dollar system, many countries will not see the need to source for dollars for trade, thus, a reduction in their dollar reserve. If dedollarisation happens at an accelerated pace, America might default on its debt leading to a domino effect for the entire world.

1 Like

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by aklid(m): 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2023
wman:
I understand the addition of all these countries except Ethiopia. Why Ethiopia?
because business in Ethiopia is more booming than Nigeria or any other country in west and east Africa combined

1 Like

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Moniya4Real(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
Very correct bro, but Wetin we gain?🤷‍♀️

Zooposki:

Cos all those countries are severely against the West and America. Nigeria is still very pro Western.
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by callmevirus(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
Brek:

Economic alliance

Thanks so much
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by callmevirus(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
remiopash:

Brazil ,Russia, India, China, and South Africa.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Ahigbo1: 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2023
Way to go. Let more countries key in
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by thegooddieyoung: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2023
Bros it is not that deep...why involving thunder for the matter like say you be half American half European

Your type shal

DukeNija:

I hope not to any EU or North American country. Please avoid those countries that have done more harm to humanity so that thunder will not destroy your hypocritical life.

Make sure you japa to China, Russia, India, South Africa, Argentina or Ethiopia.

Avoid America, Canada, UK or other EU countries.
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by mayor1814: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2023
circular:
America is loosing out

Explain how USA is losing out.
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by DaveHarry(m): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2023
small pikin dem
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by donproject2(m): 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Nigeria when?

BRICS+ ?
Yes, the same way we have Styl+

1 Like

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by orion7: 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
Is Argentina a Muslim country?
Iran and Saudi are. I hate Muslims

1 Like

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by NwaliE01: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2023
I so so hate it when OP keep repeating and rephrasing same sentence just to make the post look too long..
Just look at what the OP posted. Check the first 3 paragraphs.
Nairaland is gradually becoming annoying.
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Svoboda(m): 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2023
EconomistXplain:

never...the US has a plan for every maneuver of china

Not true.
This is an exaggeration.
Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by Svoboda(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
wman:
I understand the addition of all these countries except Ethiopia. Why Ethiopia?

Ethiopia is 100m plus population. No country over 100m population is without huge economic potentials.

Ethiopias economy is one of the biggest in africa. Nigeria will join soon.

1 Like

Re: BRICS Adds Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia & UAE As Members by jessedangermond: 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Nigeria when?

BRICS+ ?
Whoever gave Nigeria “ the giant of Africa”was obviously playing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10-year-old Works With His Father In Weapons Factory (pictures Inside) / Germany Considers Nationalization Of Russian Companies, Gazprom And Rosneft / FIGHTING TALK: Boris Johnson To Hold Cobra Meeting Today To Discuss Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.