Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate (3557 Views)

Prostitute And Her Customer Burnt To Death At A Hotel In Kaduna (Graphic photos) / He Burnt My Grandma, My Mother And Sister Because My Sister Refuse To Marry Him / Why I Burnt My Girlfriend And Pastor To Death – Jealous Lover Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:13am On Aug 25, 2023
Miracood2:
Proof of the burnt certificate and the 300k you made in 2 months or STFU.

He's just bluffing. Definitely, moon tales.. within that few months as a beginner,,, haaa mk ino talk.
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Highways: 4:35am On Aug 25, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
so of what use is a stupid paper certificate??

I think you read the wrong course... Imagine if you had read carpentry in the higher institution... School no be scam

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Pauliaette(m): 7:32am On Aug 25, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
School in Nigeria is the greatest scam ive ever seen
I was extremely jobless when i graduated
I can remember how i waka waka around going to interviews but still no luck

Until june, i summoned courage and went back to my village.
There i meet a guy tochukwu
He is a carpenter by trade.

This nigga made 200k that week and is roofing house collecting 180k

But he dresses like a poor man
I joined tochi to work and started working together. He will split money 80 - 20

My people!!! I have more than 300k in my savings
All my university certificate gave me was 30k per month
Capentary work gave me 300k+ in 2 months as a beginner

I meet him this evenning with some gifts and he said there is another work for 100k that i shpuld do it
That he has work in another area

If i had know instead of wasting money in university. I would have use the money and start vocational work like capentar work

My guy that graduated too, very smart guy. He sabi book die but he works in bank and is always crying and lamenting about stress and low income
When i told him i was now a carpenter, he made fun of me and told me im too big to be a carpenter. That capenter na poor man job

Now he is the one begging me for money everytime

SCHOOL IS A BLOODY SCAM

No be that one naha, me wia get am since 2020, hunger wan finished me like this now, I no get shishi to start something. I wan run am for Keke right now.
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Smitaro100(m): 7:51am On Aug 25, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
Last week, i was came back from work then as i cleared my table i saw my BSC certificate, i just grab it and fling it outside

I began to cry as i got emotional when i saw my bank account
I couldnt believe my eyes. Me that was begging for 3k to see way chop. Ahhhhh
This life is so mysterious
If someone told me years ago that i will be a carpenter. I would have cursed that person

But now, my eyes have opened to see how university scammed my life
My school fees was 550k which i paid for 4 years. And after everything i was still paid 30k per month cry

Thats why i burnt my bsc certificate

A graduate and you " was came back from work". It's alryt.. undecided now I understand why u burnt d certificate.

Just do what makes you happy as long as you are making money it's fine because las las a graduate without money na waste of school fees.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Gaspardd(m): 7:52am On Aug 25, 2023
I studied civil engineering in OAU.... But my salary was 50k for like 5yrs after graduation. I learnt welding and within 6mths, a friend who we graduated together who works as QC in a company brought me in as a welder.....
Well i missed work for 13 days cuz i traveled and i still got 212k mth end.... So u can see

As for my certificate... I left in the room i stayed when i was learning welding and when i received the call to come for my first welding job. I told my guy to keep it for me. 3yrs now i haven't gone nor askee for it. Even when i traveled for my national ID card..... I couldn't bother to spend 300 naira just to get it back.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by flokii: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2023
@OP School is never a scam.. just that you didn't have the right orientation from the beginning. If we check well now, e fit be one of those glorified secondary schools called private uni products who are nothing but big babbies.

University (or whichever institution it is) is where you first experience life with some level of freedom to make life choices, manage time and resources before you venture into the wild (life after school).

There were some guys in Unilag back in the days that ventured into music, comedy, entertainment etc. as side hustle that are all big boys and girls today.. Even film industry cos those top movie stars were always in the school to shoot films and they relate well with students.

Education is still the best Legacy and I will never regret going to school (a very good one at that) cos it opened my eyes far too much.

What am I even saying sef.. some guys were running evening tutorials for serious minded students from different faculties and they get small token or fee that'll take care of some parts of their needs.. some were running Jamb tutorial centres, programming lectures, you name it and were still doing excellently well academically.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by JackDaAlienz(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2023
Gaspardd:
I studied civil engineering in OAU.... But my salary was 50k for like 5yrs after graduation. I learnt welding and within 6mths, a friend who we graduated together who works as QC in a company brought me in as a welder.....
Well i missed work for 13 days cuz i traveled and i still got 212k mth end.... So u can see

As for my certificate... I left in the room i stayed when i was learning welding and when i received the call to come for my first welding job. I told my guy to keep it for me. 3yrs now i haven't gone nor askee for it. Even when i traveled for my national ID card..... I couldn't bother to spend 300 naira just to get it back.
Congratulation and Cheers to Us
Im forever grateful that i left pride behind and went for capenerty.
Im very financially stable than i was last year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by FaithELEFAN(f): 11:06am On Aug 25, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

Congratulation and Cheers to Us
Im forever grateful that i left pride behind and went for capenerty.
Im very financially stable than i was last year
I don't not doubt any part of your story but you should know, at a stage in life, you we get extremely lucky... And things that ought to be hard becomes very easy.
I believe you are at thag stage and it has nothing to do with your Certificate.

Generally, a certificate is just a proof of what you have been able to train for and what you can defend. So a certificate doesn't necessarily mean you are automatically qualified for a job

Vocational trade is good
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by RichTyler: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2023
eteebanky:
People wey study Animal science, forestry, health education, Adult education among other useless courses dy follow shout school na scam lol

Abi, na you scam yourself

Instead of you to study a professional courses but you guys rather settle for less and you'll be shouting school na scam upanda

Wetin do professional courses like
Accounting
Bis admin
Law
Political science
Biochemistry and other medical courses (nursing, medicine and surgery & others)
Computer science (i.c.t guys are really making it)

I advise young secondary school graduates to never settle for less course in the university
Pls don't mention biochemistry. That course is a useless course to study in Nigeria. Anybody that wants to waste his time to study that course should just use the money to start a business. It is even better to learn soil science,fisheries,etc at least you will know your course na cruise,you can be doing other things like learning skill and biz. And if you attend class or not you will still write in exam but Bch will frustrate you with their bulky schemes,you go cram tire. You must focus fully on your studies if not na carry over.
I studied Bch and graduated 2019,my set is only three people that see work,one a banker,others lab attendant in uni with salary of about 65k

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Styluss: 11:32am On Aug 25, 2023
SCHOOL is never a SCAM
Depends on your Course
Your CGPA
CONNECTION
GRACE
I have friends doing perfectly well in different fields. This same 300k you made in 2 months is what some of these people get as travel allowance. I have coulleages who won scholarships in the USA with this same school that is scam.
School isnt scam if you studied the right course and get the right job.

JackDaAlienz:
School in Nigeria is the greatest scam ive

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Lovecars501(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
[quote author=JackDaAlienz post=125336831] so of what use is a stupid paper certificate??

So burning it was the best solution, your certificate could actually earn you a bigger post in the carpentry world. This shows that you're not enlightening at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by VinnyBaba: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
Nplfmod.
Send this thread to FP.
Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Brokeness(m): 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
I don't know why educated nairalanders see this post as an attack on their personality. Even though what the op is saying is nothing but the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Khyrvxjzy: 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
Anny69:
What course did you study and what's your GPA? I'm just curious.

comment wey i dey find
even me no get better work, but i study hard to get my certificate

na 1.0 e get from uni

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by CedarHoldings: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
School is just an enlightenment program,

That's what a lecturer told us, let me tell you small about myself, I hold have regret if I didn't have a degree, upon my graduation am opportune to see 3 government job though through people I know, a FG job and 2 SG job, I decline the FG one because it's a paramilitary, I don't like wahala, so I took one of the SG job,

What if I didn't have a degree then, though have not make it big,but at least it feed me.

You don't know the future, political appointment may comes later.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by ogwuche4u(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

My bro
I spent 550k a year on school fees and it gave me nothing but 30k per month!!!!
Can u imagine 30k per month in this crazy economy??
That paper certificate is very useless
Only 2 months into capentary work and ive made more than 300k. just 2 fucking months

And you will make 20x of it if you can successfully leave this country. The day I watched a plumber driving 800k$ car in the us, I knew skilled workers are underpaid in Nigeria. But burning the cert was not it. Take it or leave, the fact you easily learnt carpentry is because of the knowledge expansion you got from school.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Evilstorm: 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
School in Nigeria is the greatest scam ive ever seen
I was extremely jobless when i graduated
I can remember how i waka waka around going to interviews but still no luck

Until june, i summoned courage and went back to my village.
There i meet a guy tochukwu
He is a carpenter by trade.

This nigga made 200k that week and is roofing house collecting 180k

But he dresses like a poor man
I joined tochi to work and started working together. He will split money 80 - 20

My people!!! I have more than 300k in my savings
All my university certificate gave me was 30k per month
Capentary work gave me 300k+ in 2 months as a beginner

I meet him this evenning with some gifts and he said there is another work for 100k that i shpuld do it
That he has work in another area

If i had know instead of wasting money in university. I would have use the money and start vocational work like capentar work

My guy that graduated too, very smart guy. He sabi book die but he works in bank and is always crying and lamenting about stress and low income
When i told him i was now a carpenter, he made fun of me and told me im too big to be a carpenter. That capenter na poor man job

Now he is the one begging me for money everytime

SCHOOL IS A BLOODY SCAM

Big thumbs up to you and may the Almighty continue to bless ur hustle.

But if everyone stops going to school, how will the society survive. This site that you came to tell ur wonderful story is run by graduate who are working with the knowledge they acquired in school.

How about the civil engineers that make sure they build quality structures so that it doesn't collapse with u when doing roofing? The list goes on and on.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by AdaojoTheUrchin: 8:54am On Sep 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You made 300k as a carpenter in two months grin grin grin. Story for the gods

I have a secondary school classmate who earns more than that. The guy is a graduate, studied Agronomy but went into luxury carpentry and interior decor. He fixes furnitures and decor for big nightclubs, hotels etc.

Married with kids. Guy probably has more dough and connect than me wey get postgrad sef.. His wedding was a loud lavish.. I was in his committee of friends WhatsApp group, the alerts wey I dey see there burst my brain. 100k, 50k...., 75k....120k.. shocked shocked
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by oazeez1991(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2023
Video evidence of you burning the certificate or I don't believe grin
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Dangrace01: 11:09am On Sep 10, 2023
I for post the guy Instagram details but no

The guy as a carpenter collects contract of 7 million Naira even 15m. I have seen tv console contract of 15 million. Made by carpenter. I wan mad. Carpenters dey ball oh
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by brain54(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2023
I always advice people these days…

Learn a hand work/skill side by side while acquiring formal education.

In fact learn as many skills as possible.

If one doesn’t work out… surely another will.

No point wasting 5/6 years acquiring formal education only to go start learning to be an artisan afterwards.

People should also start paying attention/respect to those with artisan skills.

Some of them make more money than those educated ones wearing tie and suits upandan in the African heat who work in the formal sector!

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Snowx: 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

You can never make that amount of money as a beginner within the said 2 months. Who you wan impress...

You know nothing..some carpenter make 500k in one job let alone..
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by oluwaseyi0: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

My bro
I spent 550k a year on school fees and it gave me nothing but 30k per month!!!!
Can u imagine 30k per month in this crazy economy??
That paper certificate is very useless
Only 2 months into capentary work and ive made more than 300k. just 2 fucking months

You spent 550 a year, either that's a lamba or it's your parents that is paying it thinking they are spending on a fruitful kid, definitely the school is private school

I'm a self taught software developer making 'decent' income, even in this tech world most big coy still ask for my certificate especially if I'm applying for a senior/managerial tech role
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Tohsynetita1: 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2023
I started Farming some months ago and I already calculated millions in the field. Yet many Nigerians don't know stuffs like this pay.
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Gentlesoul2021(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2023
Snowx:

You know nothing..some carpenter make 500k in one job let alone..

Read the content of the post. He said he's a beginner, an apprentice at it... A solid professional can even earn way higher than what u type here.... Not someone who's just still learning...
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by LUAN(m): 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2023
I'm about to do the same. My 2.1 don waste, I don't even know what to do with my life again, am no longer consistent in anything I do do to pressure, I started programing but can't finish it because of overthinking and pressure
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by LUAN(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
I started Farming some months ago and I already calculated millions in the field. Yet many Nigerians don't know stuffs like this pay.
what are you planting please
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Blake755: 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2023
RichTyler:

Pls don't mention biochemistry. That course is a useless course to study in Nigeria. Anybody that wants to waste his time to study that course should just use the money to start a business. It is even better to learn soil science,fisheries,etc at least you will know your course na cruise,you can be doing other things like learning skill and biz. And if you attend class or not you will still write in exam but Bch will frustrate you with their bulky schemes,you go cram tire. You must focus fully on your studies if not na carry over.
I studied Bch and graduated 2019,my set is only three people that see work,one a banker,others lab attendant in uni with salary of about 65k
Omo nah so state uni just give me biochemistry chaii i come calculate school fees choii i didn't bother to accept the admission sef am working on my self development now i hope when am financially good i will go back to school at my own will my business like this dey give me joy sef i see myself as a millionaire soon God will run it
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Tohsynetita1: 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2023
LUAN:
what are you planting please
Castor
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by LUAN(m): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
Castor
for north?
Re: Why I Burnt My University B.s.c Certificate by Tohsynetita1: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2023
LUAN:
for north?
Southwest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hw Does It Feels Lyk Kissing Sum1 U Don't Ve Feelings For??? / Help!!! My Landlady Is Pregnant For Me!!!! / Annoying Things Ladies Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.