Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,502 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner (30075 Views)

Elu P 78, Elu P 79 - LP Rep Says At The National Assembly / Appeal Court Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Olukayode Doherty, Declares APC Winner / Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Kdon2: 6:53am On Aug 25, 2023
garriAndsugar:

you should be worried about the druglord and his boy.

Worry indeed
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Shantyken(m): 6:54am On Aug 25, 2023
Penguin2:
Might just be another fake news.

But if it’s not, then it will be quashed at the Appeal Court.

That someone’s name is not on the party register is not grounds for disqualification.

Akanudofia who was the APC governorship candidate in the last election in Akwa Ibom was a member of the PDP until the night of the APC primaries when he defected and won the APC primaries.

At what time did his name appear in APC register? But yet the Supreme Court validated his candidacy.

So, all these kangaroo judgments will never stand.

I know this judgement pain u but don't say what don't know about the bolded
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by EmekaA125(m): 6:55am On Aug 25, 2023
The LP Candidate should seek redress at the Appeal Court.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by EmekaA125(m): 6:55am On Aug 25, 2023
Tribunal is court of first instance, so any judgment issued here can still be challenged. No fuss about it
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Kdon2: 7:17am On Aug 25, 2023
EmekaA125:
Tribunal is court of first instance, so any judgment issued here can still be challenged. No fuss about it

From ndi developers to ndi challengers I hope you learn undertaker job to kuku bury LP
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Decarbonisation: 7:17am On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Another LP ti lule pii !!! All their candidates, from the one imported from PDP for the governorship elections to the HOR candidates in Lagos will all be sacked eventually. They were impostors in LP. The real owners and validly elected candidates were illegitimately substituted. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Sengbo weyrey?
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Benwallt(m): 7:30am On Aug 25, 2023
More more more, sack them all. LP is a devil's Party, Nigerians don't want to have anything to do with LP. It will never be well with labour party
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Benwallt(m): 7:35am On Aug 25, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Sree pain and tears flowing like river. Speak up I can't hear you
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Benwallt(m): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:
[b][/b]

No doubt. Like the nearby Amuwo Odofin, Ojo was an LP stronghold in Lagos. But then, they're saying he was not qualified to contest.

If he could prove that he was, he clearly won.

Besides, if it's about his candidacy, is the tribunal not subject to the Supreme Court? There is an existing judgement that validates whomever a party decides to allow participate in the primaries. Here is what the supreme court said to this effect:

Death to LP. Sack them all. Nigerians don't want LP
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by DeTribalisedCit: 7:38am On Aug 25, 2023
Benwallt:

Death to LP. Sack them all. Nigerians don't want LP

Stop playing. It's at most, a temporary victory. Except the Supreme Court reverses itself, it'll die a quick death.

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by garriAndsugar: 7:38am On Aug 25, 2023
Benwallt:

Sree pain and tears flowing like river. Speak up I can't hear you
no be me tell you to support drug lord grin
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Benwallt(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2023
mannobi:
These disobedient children thought blackmailing the judiciary would help in bullying them but what is happening to pandoras party now. From one crying to another wailing. Even those confused yorubas who bought the deceit have now seeing their deep hatred for yorubaland.
Elluu pi ti lule pi.

That 6m votes LP got must be reduced to zero. He's not well sponsored

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by DeTribalisedCit: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2023
Shantyken:

I know this judgement pain u but don't say what don't know about the bolded

I think same should go back to you. Enang's case against Udofia was that he contested PDP primaries on May 25 before contesting APC primaries on May 26. And this was what Supreme Court said in judgement which makes sense since it's a party affair. Does a non-member contest primaries?

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Bhol28: 7:45am On Aug 25, 2023
Same decision is waiting for the man who contested for presidency under ELUP but his name wasn't included in the party members submitted to INEC b4 election All will LULE together
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Benwallt(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2023
garriAndsugar:

no be me tell you to support drug lord grin

You tears is very plenty. Let it keep pouring for the next 3 to 4 year
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Banter1(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:

These are the issues, my brother.

A whole Channels TV reports something as critical as this without details. This is a television station that has been awarded best national TV station 12 times o. Crazy.

I just don't want to fault the tribunal yet, until we see the full picture.
Exactly
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Benwallt(m): 7:47am On Aug 25, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:

Stop playing. It's at most, a temporary victory. Except the Supreme Court reverses itself, it'll die a quick death.

The ones that were sacked b4, how many of them has returned? He is a goner
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by DeTribalisedCit: 7:52am On Aug 25, 2023
Benwallt:

The ones that were sacked b4, how many of them has returned? He is a goner

For a start, the APC candidate whose screenshot I just posted. Same situation and he was returned.

This is Nairaland not Twitter. You won't get any payment for impressions, so it's better you make sensible comments instead of being silly for zero value.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by IfnobeGod20: 7:52am On Aug 25, 2023
seunmsg:
All eyes on the tribunal people are now crying.

At least, I hope you all have observed the pattern of the decisions emanating from the tribunal. A lot of Labour Party candidates are being disqualified for not being properly sponsored by their party. The same will happen to Peter Obi who was not properly sponsored by Labour Party.
How do you mean not properly sponsor? Hope you are not referring to not having name of who they sponsored on the membership register?
Young man, not having name on the party register is not a criteria for disqualification of candidate in Nigeria and I challenge you to provide any letter or section that say so in the constitution or electoral act. The constitution is explicit and not ambiguous, the constitution expressly says, for you to qualify as a political candidate, your party must sponsor you. The portion these dubious judges are relying on in the electoral act never made submission of membership register 30 days to primary as a prerequisite for disqualification of candidate. The section just say submit but never say after submission, you cannot absorb new members again or even bar party from admitting new members, which in real sense will even be against the constitution because constitution guarantees freedom of association.
Funnily the two judgements that have been decided and ousted two LP members never quoted a single section of the law, either the constitution or electoral act to back their judgements.
Just I have said, I challenge you or any of your co-travelers to quote any section of the constitution or electoral act that says non inclusion of candidate name in the membership register tantamount to disqualification. I am waiting for your reply and quote on that. Jakara judgement!
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Throwback: 7:55am On Aug 25, 2023
ragna1991:

When I read such I do laugh because it helps me to still understand that some people are still very foolish and tribalistically embodied and beclouded.

So labour party git Zero,, whats your headache when labour party is mentioned.

Dey laugh while I dey laugh you like Obasanjo.

Peter Obi the illegitimate candidate would have his 6m votes turned to 0.

Kwankwaso would automatically move up the ladder to 3rd place.

Obi and LP will be expunged from the records of the 2023 presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by kosiebe(m): 8:12am On Aug 25, 2023
fuckJones:
bad week for labour party.

our eyes are widely open on the judiciary and the judiciary are doing their job
Hahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣
Our eyes are really on the judiciary. They should do their work legitimately.
😂😂😂🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Benwallt(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:

For a start, the APC candidate whose screenshot I just posted. Same situation and he was returned.

This is Nairaland not Twitter. You won't get any payment for impressions, so it's better you make sensible comments instead of being silly for zero value.

That's APC, a well structured party founded on the brilliant and resourceful ideas and ideology of Tinubu. APC is rock. Labour party is dead. It's a Party of vampires, rogues and dregs from PDP dustbin.

Keep collecting your money on x. Collect enough that will last you 4 d next 8 years. Una go cry taya. Death to LP. Sack them all
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Jagaban2012: 8:43am On Aug 25, 2023
Now....i can see ApC supporters waking up....unlike during the election that they left me a volunteer APC supporter and some APc party member to be wrestling in words with some Flatinnoooo terrorists. .....the Politics moderator on this platform always follows my comments....and I always get banned everyday even despite the fact that I did contravene any law sometime.

I will continue to support what I believe in..and I will continue write and speaks for conscience sake...so that when I look back on what have written 49 years after today...i will tell myself... I wasn't dominant when this political events happens. ..I played so many important roles.. Virtually and also influence so.many eligible voters to votes approximately. .
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Emola12(m): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2023
That is how court will sack tinubu in coming days by God grace
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by garriAndsugar: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2023
Benwallt:

You tears is very plenty. Let it keep pouring for the next 3 to 4 year
wailing wailer.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Consonance: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2023
He who comes to equity must come with a clean. Most of the LP candidates came through the back door at the eleventh hour. Now the same folks are in court talking about legality.

The same fate awaits their master.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by adekolaelect(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2023
garriAndsugar:

wahala for who dey support druglord/certificate forger grin
Are you crying or smiling bcs one need to take care of you if you are smiling over sad news in your camp.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2023
it is clear dat LP did not envisaged dat dey would gain so much acceptance & popularity, hence they didn't bother to do their homework properly!

Obi was d only prepared person in dat party!

"I see Obi abandoning LP & forming a new party devoid of pdapc after he has reclaimed d stolen mandate, kicked out balablu & finally become 8-yrs Nigeria's president!" - FalseProphet1
cool
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by garriAndsugar: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2023
adekolaelect:
Are you crying or smiling bcs one need to take care of you if you are smiling over sad news in your camp.
its not a sad news. And Im not in any camp I only support good governance.
Anyways the case will still get to the appeal court
Im trying to remind the OP that he should be worried about the druglord and his boys because the case is still on
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Bimpe29: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2023
fuckJones:
bad week for labour party.

our eyes are widely open on the judiciary and the judiciary are doing their job
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner by Verysmart101: 9:53am On Aug 25, 2023
mannobi:
These disobedient children thought blackmailing the judiciary would help in bullying them but what is happening to pandoras party now. From one crying to another wailing. Even those confused yorubas who bought the deceit have now seeing their deep hatred for yorubaland.
Elluu pi ti lule pi.

u will still buy feul #800 and if u complain na God go punish you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Update On Zungeru Power Plant Project. / I'll Never Validate An Illegitimate Outcome Of A Flawed Process - Atiku / Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.