Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa (5943 Views)

Sallah Day Boat Mishap At Apapa: Many Dead / Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) / Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by GuruboiNaija: 8:17am On Aug 25, 2023
Nasarawa State House of Assembly has said that 12 people died in a boat mishap at River Kogi, Kungra Kamfani, in Arikiya electoral ward of Lafia Local of Government Area of the State on Aug. 20.

Alhaji Ibrahim Abdullahi, the Speaker of the House, made this known during an emergency sitting of the House on Thursday in Lafia.

Abdullahi condoled with the State and Lafia Local Governments over the unfortunate incident.

He also condoled with the bereaved families over the death of their loved ones.

“It is very very sad that we lost 12 people, comprising men and women, in a boat mishap in Arikiya, Lafia LGA.

“Nineteen people were on board, 12 died and seven were rescued. Lafia LGA and our dear State have been thrown into mourning over this sad incident,” he said.

The House, which described the incident as unfortunate, however, urged the family, the people of Lafia LGA and the State government to bear the irreparable loss.

“On behalf of myself, Honourable members and the staff, we condole with the bereaved families, Lafia LGA and the State government over their death.

“We pray for the repose of their souls,” the Speaker said.

He prayed God to forgive the victims their shortcomings and grant them eternal rest.

The lawmakers later observed a minute silence in honour of the departed souls

https://.ng/2023/08/25/boat-mishap-claims-12-lives-in-nasarawa/

1 Like

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by TemplarLandry: 8:18am On Aug 25, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Angelicqueen(f): 8:32am On Aug 25, 2023
So sad
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by NaijaCover(m): 8:32am On Aug 25, 2023
What A Terrible Bad News

Is Shocked, Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Sanr: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2023
embarassed
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by whippersnapper(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2023
Chai. People staying or working in riverine area's dey try sha. I have serious phobia for anything water even as small as a stream. The only boat i fit enter na yatch. I served in makurdi and it was a trend hearing of people drowning in the river benue. God touch our leaders heart to help those people.

2 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by money121(m): 8:35am On Aug 25, 2023
Ok
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Bioboy1213(m): 8:36am On Aug 25, 2023
The way they overload boat without using life Jacket in that part of the world makes me think they are Alien

7 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Storypot: 8:36am On Aug 25, 2023
Did the boat Implode as it desended the sea bed with now lifeless body? What an horibble way to die Christs!!!!!!!8

1 Like

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by lonelydora: 8:37am On Aug 25, 2023
Na wa o

Naija don rugged
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Hermaphrodite2: 8:39am On Aug 25, 2023
Just imagining how those guys struggled for their lives before giving up.
I need to learn how to swim mehn!

2 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Triangles1(m): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2023
One thing must kill a man.

1 Like

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Aremwayne: 8:40am On Aug 25, 2023
This is terrible, May God console the families they left behind. sad
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by iHateFraudsters: 8:46am On Aug 25, 2023
No safety jackets?

No inflatable tubes?

No nothing?

Water transportation is one area the government need to be very "VERY" strict about safety.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Franzinni: 8:46am On Aug 25, 2023
Cause ? Preventable risk. As usual
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by KingLennon(m): 8:49am On Aug 25, 2023
The last few moments when you drown and you're struggling and gasping for breath is something I can never wish anybody even those who voted BAThing....sad

RIP....
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by GanagiBitrus: 8:52am On Aug 25, 2023
RIP to the dead.

As usual, nobody will be prosecuted for negligence. At best, a panel of enquiry will be set up that will never yield anything.
&life goes on, while we await another disaster.
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Dshocker(m): 9:07am On Aug 25, 2023
Again?
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Porksupplyib: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2023
How many billions will it cost for this country to import a million to 10m life jackets and spread it across Nigeria?

Even if the government won't do it, are we all so handicapped that we refuse to help ourselves? It is so bad.

May their souls rest in peace
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by inoki247: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2023
The last time na Marriage....

Are this people not taking precautions and moreover even if Govt put police or any Force on the Water as check point na Money dem go dey tak dem no go du dere job to save lives....

Anybody without Life jacket and overloading the Boat pilot and the pipul should be thrown in Jail...

1 Like

Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Johandel(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2023
Rip.
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by phemmyfour: 11:52am On Aug 25, 2023
Bioboy1213:
The way they overload boat without using life Jacket in that part of the world makes me think they are Alien
No regards for safety
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by SuperstitiousSe(m): 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
Heartbreaking news. Condolences to the families affected by this terrible incident. 🙏
Such a devastating accident. Let's hope for better safety measures to prevent such tragedies in the future.
My thoughts and prayers are with the victims' families and the entire community during this difficult time.
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
RIP to the dead
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
RIP to the dead....
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Agricmoney(m): 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Its so unfortunate. My condolences to the family. Water transportation is nice but it should be done with caution

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa by Knetpro(m): 7:44am On Aug 27, 2023
This is sad

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Bahamas Citizens / Please How Do I Get To 2A, Isaac John, GRA, Ikeja From Ikeja Along / National Population Commission (NPC) Birth/ Attestation Certificate Enquiries..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.