Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. (2779 Views)

Okorocha: The Evil I Feared In PDP Has Befallen Me 10 Times In APC / Dubai Robbery: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts As Nigerian Youths Start Tribal War / What I Will Do To El-rufai For Calling Me ‘tribal Bigot’- Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Christistruth03: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2023
grin

Ipob have no Business being in Lagos
Lagos is not Biafra

Yorubas and Igbos in Lagos were fond of each other and living together happily before ipob tried to export the violence they had unleashed on the SE to Lagos

If the man has a Genuine case he should go to Court with his Documents and get LASG to Compensate him like it is normally done and not try to incite a Tribal War out of it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by tsdarkside(m): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2023
oya na,you igbos can lament for him....

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Legalaffairs(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
u igbos n your useless victim mentality

I can bet this is not the true story n beside d chido should go n build whatever he wants to build in his region

One born loser and compound idiot speedily spotted.

Don't worry he will certainly do that in Igbo land.
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by tsdarkside(m): 9:52am On Aug 25, 2023
smileyoo:
This is very sad, if this narrative is the truth, then the lasg is not fair to these crop of rich Igbo fools that choose to Abaddon their own place of origin and choose to increase the igr of another state, and accelerated the development of another state, instead of their own state, even when they have realized that there is nothing like a united Nigeria.
However this victim can seek a legal redress from a federal high court, to recover his wasteful expenditures.
Lagos state government, don't stop chasing away your potential investors, until Lagos state become too hostile for any serious investor from the east to invest in Lagos.
then you could well be doing us a huge favor, if you can make our rich investors to think home, as their first option for investment.

kiki....like obi....

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by smileyoo: 9:53am On Aug 25, 2023
waynetee:
The funniest part be say, una never see anything, nobody will tell you to move your 2 by 2 shops back to where you come from in few years to come because there is nothing for you in SW again. By then it will be clear to you who owns the land
you are calling millions of investment - a 2 by 2 shop, as if it is very simple. do I blame you ?
i wish God can answer your prayers for these rich Igbo investors to relocate to their place of origin, it then you will realize how wretched, you and your Lagos will actually become. keep this post for a reference, because time will tell.
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by tsdarkside(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2023
smileyoo:
you are calling millions of investment - a 2 by 2 shop, as if it is very simple. do I blame you ?
i wish God can answer your prayers for these rich Igbo investors to relocate to their place of origin, it then you will realize how wretched, you and your Lagos will actually become. keep this post for a reference, because time will tell.

2 by 2 shops millions....

kiki....

look....nairaland is not police station....
we dont care about una afters all this years of insults....

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by waynetee(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2023
smileyoo:

It can't be a wretch like where you come from.

If you can really make any real difference, why dont you do it where you come from abi land has finished there or dey forbid your father's land to have good things?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by dododawa1: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2023
ONE SIDE STORY LINE

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Christistruth03: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

I can bet this is not the true story n beside d chido should go n build whatever he wants to build in his region

Who would even invest N200 Million without first getting Lawyers to do Proper thorough Legal research on such a Property with the State Government to make sure it is Legitimate Property without any Contraventions

Of course it is not true

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Sharpsharp00123: 10:07am On Aug 25, 2023
smileyoo:
u igbos should leave Yoruba land n develop your own land abi your land dey reject development

It’s like charity doesn’t begin at home for u igbos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by smileyoo: 10:08am On Aug 25, 2023
tsdarkside:

kiki....like obi....
lol. you are even making a mockery of your own judiciary.
i don't blame you, but those rich Igbo foolish investors that refused to listen to sound advice from their elders back home.
as the citizens of Nigeria they are free to invest in any part of the country, but they are also free to be loosing their hard earned money to the mediocrities of the Nigeria system of governance.
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Christistruth03: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
u igbos should leave Yoruba land n develop your own land abi your land dey reject development

Simon Ekpa and his ipob Criminals have hijacked the SE

It is not good for Business at the moment

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by smileyoo: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

but whenever Igbos want to leave you people will start fighting back.
i suggest you people should stop the foolish Igbo investors from investing in your so-called region, if you know you have the guts.
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Sharpsharp00123: 10:18am On Aug 25, 2023
smileyoo:
but whenever Igbos want to leave you people will start fighting back.
i suggest you people should stop the foolish Igbo investors from investing in your so-called region, if you know you have the guts.
who stopped u from leaving?

So u want to tell me d north that gave u quit notice stopped u from leaving or Yorubas that keep frustrating u stop u from leaving?

Leave with ur 5 landlocked states n go to hell

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by BreconHills(m): 10:19am On Aug 25, 2023
ezechi242:
And the Lagos State Government Demolished Chido's Dream

Chido relocated to Lagos from Onitsha two decades ago.

His dad was a lace fabric mogul in Onitsha, and he wanted to replicate the same success in Lagos, the city famous for its cultural melting point and its diversity.

He came here with the little capital he could afford at the time and then pitched his tent at Idumota Market in Lagos Island, where fabrics of all kinds are sold.

Brick by brick, mortal by mortal, he was able to grow as the God of wealth favored him.

He got married here as well, and all his kids were born in Lagos.

He just built his first house in the same estate where I live in Lagos and moved into the property three years ago.

A remarkable accomplishment for a man who came here with virtually nothing but his dream

Business was moving fine, and one day he had this wave length, a master stroke that he believed would change the fortunes of his business.

Why not build a plaza that will serve as an additional revenue stream for his business?

An agent introduced him to a family from Lagos State willing to lease their land for such a venture on Lagos Island.

A sum of 30 million naira was agreed upon between Chido and the family that owns the land, and a lease of 15 years was also agreed upon with an option to renew.

With the agreement in place, the necessary approvals and permissions from the Lagos State Government were sought and given.

Work commenced on site sometime last year. The idea was to build a 90-stores plaza, a befitting modern plaza that could rival Tayo Amusan's plazas.

Work was completed on site last month; traders have paid for all the shops, and the property was penciled down to be commissioned this Saturday, and that is when the drama started.

Unknown to Chido and his wife, Amaka Okoli-Chidozie, LASBCA (Lagos State Building Control Agency) has been sending notices of outstanding payments to them to pay up.

Even though they paid all the necessary dues before they began their buildings, they did not know that another payment was waiting for them to clear.

They only knew about the payment last week on Monday, and on Tuesday, the sum of 4.5 million naira was paid by Chido.

The money was payd through bank transfer and a receipt was instantly issued to him.

But more drama is on the way for the 42-year-old businessman.

It was on a Saturday night when his phone rang, and he picked it up. The caller on the line was calling to inform him whether he was aware that LASBCA (Lagos State Building Control Agency) was coming to demolish his new plaza.

He rushed to the site only to meet bulldozers, armed police, and men of LASBCA (Lagos State Building Control Agency) pulling down his hard work.

A project that cost him over 200 million naira to erect.

For proper context; there was no notice by this agency that they were coming to demolish.

It was more or less an ambush.

When he tried to call the GM of the agency, the man was not picking up his calls.

In that state of confusion, he was dialing the number of anyone he believed could help him, but help was not forthcoming; rather, he was told that the governor gave approval for his building to be demolished.

It was a sad Chido who went to meet the GM of the agency that demolished his plaza the next day, Monday, to understand what his offense was.

He was told that the building was demolished because he did not pay the necessary building regulatory fees.

I paid, and I have my receipts to show what he told the man.

Seeing that Chido had his receipt of payment, the Oga quizzed Chido to understand who cleared and accepted his payment.

He mentioned one Mr. Tunde.

But Tunde was with us the day we deliberated on how to demolish your building, the GM said.

He didn't even bring up the subject of your payment.

He was even with our men when the building was brought down.

How come?

What kind of man is this? The GM wondered.

So a call was placed by the GM to Mr. Tunde to understand why he kept him in the dark when Chido had paid his fee.

Tunde on the other line started stammering.

You know

I'm sorry, sir( Ana ede ebe Nile).

The deed has been done and cannot be reversed.

Chido's 200 million naira dream has been demolished by the Lagos State government.

I spoke to multiple traders in Lagos Island before writing this to understand what Chido’s crime was; the general consensus is that Chido's only crime appears to be that he is an Igbo man who chose to invest in Lagos.

Unfortunately, there won't be any consequences for those who intentionally choose to demolish a commercial building, even if the owner did nothing wrong.

For the Tunde of this world, life moves on.

The evil they are happy about will one day make them the saddest.

He should go to court and sue for damages. I however think this is a completely fabricated story. It reads like fiction and in the absence of the documents and pictures of the knock down that you've described in such detail - this is fiction.

Why you've written this is another matter altogether.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by RichTyler: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2023
TimeMachine2:
You are not having your ways anymore and the reservoir of your sympathy dried up when you foolishly came out and declared the ancestral homes of Yoruba people a no man's land.

You have overstretched your boundaries when you tried foisting 'Shinedu Rhodes Vivor' as the governor of Lagos state and openly challenged the Yoruba people.
Wait until after 4 years to lament and trust me this is just the beginning.
You guys just have hate and envy towards the igbos bcus they are far better than you are. Yoruba agents still eat today is because of igbos. Igbos pay outrageous fees for shop and agency just to do business and grow your economy but you hate them because they are making it and live better lives than you.
I remember some years back,one Igbo guy was selling Flat screens in a shop around mile 2. This guy's shop was filled with different sizes of TV. He was seeing money and was driving a very nice ride then. The Yoruba guys around there will always come for one dues or the other,the guy will pay without complaining. It got to a extent this guys started provoking this guy,they will gather sit in front of his shop and be discussing(early morning o,when they should be working). The guy started complaining because they were blocking customers who wanted to enter his shop. Problem started,more guys started and they started breaking his TV.
I have stayed with igbos and yorubas,Igbo's have their faults bcus they are too money conscious. They can even scam you to get money but Yoruba are worse,they can just hate you and even go to the extent of destroying your livelihood if you are successful esp if you are Igbo.
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by RichTyler: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
my descendants will never have any course to go to south east where their children are built to hate

My children can go anywhere they like but not d land of d rising hate

U igbos should think deep n ask yourself y only u people have problem with others, forget d lies if they envy us or all those lines u use to deceive yourself

There’s something nauseating in your attitude that is making people resent u but u don’t want to check yourself

Only u have problem with north sote dem give u quit notice
Only u have problem in south west sote u claim no man’s land
Only u igbos have problem in Ghana that they lock your shops
Only u have problem in South Africa that u claim xenophobia
Only u have problem in India

U igbos should check yourselves n stop lieing to yourselves

Imagine there are 10 people in a place n only one person is complaining about everyone, the one complaining is d problem

Igbos Brag a lot but is it enough to hate them the way you do. Just bcus someone says he developed Lagos and it is a no man's land you hate him and even go to the extent to destroy his properties. Are you guys not worse than the devil. If you will tell yourself the truth you guys hate igbos bcus of envy. Northerners come to your land and chase you from your farms,kill,rape and maim you yet they are your friends but igbos that just say words without harming you guys are your enemies. Check yourself
Igbos don't have problem with other regions in nigeria. Ask person from south south who they will love to deal with BTW a Yoruba and Igbo and get your answer. I have stayed with both and I see igbos as my brother. They can boast and make someone feel inferior (if you let them) but they are good people.
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by RichTyler: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
the igbos still believe it’s business as usual

U call our land no man’s land n still expect d same love we have for u
Hate and envy will kill you,last time I checked igbos are the ones feeding you in Lagos. Your property agents would have been worse than almajiris if not bcus of igbos.
Face your enemies that kill and rape you in your land. I rarely hear igbos kill Yoruba's in Lagos. Their crime is just bcus of words they say with their mouth.
Let's assume I come to your house and tell you that this your house is no longer yours but mine,what will you do? Will you kill me? Or ask me to leave since it is yours and you have evidence that says it is yours.
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Jostoman: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

see nonsense that is coming out of your mouth, later you people will be shouting one nigeria up and down.
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Sharpsharp00123: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2023
Jostoman:
see nonsense that is coming out of your mouth, later you people will be shouting one nigeria up and down.
Oga go n build your region

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Sharpsharp00123: 11:12am On Aug 25, 2023
RichTyler:

Hate and envy will kill you,last time I checked igbos are the ones feeding you in Lagos. Your property agents would have been worse than almajiris if not bcus of igbos.
Face your enemies that kill and rape you in your land. I rarely hear igbos kill Yoruba's in Lagos. Their crime is just bcus of words they say with their mouth.
Let's assume I come to your house and tell you that this your house is no longer yours but mine,what will you do? Will you kill me? Or ask me to leave since it is yours and you have evidence that says it is yours.
u n your useless line of igbos feeding people

U are sick in d head, u igbos wey b scavengers wan feed us

Y not feed yourself in your region

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Sharpsharp00123: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2023
RichTyler:

Igbos Brag a lot but is it enough to hate them the way you do. Just bcus someone says he developed Lagos and it is a no man's land you hate him and even go to the extent to destroy his properties. Are you guys not worse than the devil. If you will tell yourself the truth you guys hate igbos bcus of envy. Northerners come to your land and chase you from your farms,kill,rape and maim you yet they are your friends but igbos that just say words without harming you guys are your enemies. Check yourself
Igbos don't have problem with other regions in nigeria. Ask person from south south who they will love to deal with BTW a Yoruba and Igbo and get your answer. I have stayed with both and I see igbos as my brother. They can boast and make someone feel inferior (if you let them) but they are good people.
Chinedu I no get your time

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by XY23: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2023
Tribal warlords do not understand that when they support the evils that persecute and traumatize fellow men, for no just cause, the evils will turn on them one day, and none will be there to deliver. When there's no one else (outsiders) to persecute, the hawks must feast on their cheering onlookers (indigenous Lagosians). It's only a matter of time.
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by RichTyler: 11:23am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Chinedu I no get your time
Shobunmi I know you hate the truth. Oya go and destroy Igbo man shop bcus that is your purpose in life
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by RichTyler: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
u n your useless line of igbos feeding people

U are sick in d head, u igbos wey b scavengers wan feed us

Y not feed yourself in your region
Answer this question
Who feeds your property agents?
Who pays agency of up to 300k if not igbos?
Why are properties in areas where igbos are less in number don't charge big agency fees
Most shops in markets are owned by igbos.
Hate and envy will kill you. You hate them bcus they are successful. I am not Igbo and I see this. You guys are very bitter people,that is why you guys look like deities.
Go and destroy a shop because I made you angry Shobunmi
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Sharpsharp00123: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2023
RichTyler:

Answer this question
Why are properties in areas where igbos are less in number don't charge big agency fees
Hate and envy will kill you. You hate them bcus they are successful. I am not Igbo and I see this. You guys are very bitter people,that is why you guys look like deities.
chinedu

Those are d lies u tell yourself

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by RichTyler: 11:46am On Aug 25, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
chinedu

Those are d lies u tell yourself
Shobunmi how many shops have you destroyed today?
Make haste while the sun shines
Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Patriotcreed: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2023
Peter Obi, Soludo, and all your audio billionaires should make Igbo land a land of milk and honey, so you people will stop coming to Lagos, to break laws because you want to make money. Break the laws, and do your trading in southeast, chase your dreams there... too bad, ipob and ESN won't allow you grin

Lagos owes you nothing, as an Igbo man, it's your state governors, house of parliamentarians, local government chairmen and your people that owes you. Weak people always looking up to Lagos to survive.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Patriotcreed: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2023
RichTyler:

Answer this question
Keep deceiving yourselves. Egotistical idiots. You people are thieves only being tolerated because we share one country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Patriotcreed: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2023
Wodu89:

Lol. You don't know Lagos state judiciary. Tinubu has ruined the entire internal systems of the state with raw bigotry and ethnocentrism
What of the ones Obi and Soludo destroyed in Anambra, those are the ones that should concern you. Lagos owes you nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government And The Evil Tribal War. by Gajagojo: 11:53am On Aug 25, 2023
tsdarkside:
stay in your south east....

no wahala....
Sit at home and fight for Biafra
We are not joking with enemies of Yoruba anymore

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Read Carefully To Understand The ''eediot'' That Is Danjuma / James Ibori's Loots In The Uk / Akwa Ibom Royal Fathers Place Curse On Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.