Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program (17134 Views)

Amnesty Program: Tinubu sacks Ndiomu, appoints Otuaro as new Administrator / Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy / Lagos To Reintroduce Monthly Sanitation, Movement Restriction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Mccullum: 6:38am On Aug 26, 2023
For him to signed the idea then, he tried. Meanwhile, it's Mrs. Adeosun suggested it for the Vice president.

Nothing bad in continuity of good concept, governance is a continuous process.
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Tulsaguy: 6:40am On Aug 26, 2023
K
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2023
Moh248:
Trial and error government.

Pat utomi did all the analysis gave it to osibanjo but Buhari rejected it because na Igbo man.

When obansanjo worked with Pat utomi una no see as Nigeria dey?

No Tinubu for continue with the old way.

Omo Igbo my foot I even regret why pat hand am to osibanjo

Lol... grin

The only reason why Igbos voted for Obasanjo in 1999 was because majority of Yorubas supported Olu Falaye and not Obasanjo with the realization that Ojukwu despite being Igbo had no political weight so Igbos didn't vote their own Igbo brother.

They same would have happened if PDP had fielded Osinbajo. Igbos would have massively voted for Osinbajo because majority of Yorubas prefer Tinubu. Igbos wouldn't have chosen to WASTE their votes on an obvious loser by the name Obi.

'Waste your vote' was a political slogan attached to Obi by his supporters who already knew that he can't win but since Igbos are tired of another Fulani, was the reason Igbos didn't vote Atiku.

Let me make it clearer. Despite Akpabio being a Christian and from the South South but because Tinubu and Yorubas showed their support for Akpabio. Igbos preferred to put the sentiment of the Muslim Muslim ticket to rest not minding to vote a Muslim to become Senate President.

Igbos voted for Obasanjo simply because he wasn't the choice of Yorubas.

With Obi, Igbos preferred to waste their votes.

My point is. Igbos will forever never thread the path of Yorubas even if it will ensure prosperity they will rather commit suicide.
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by wittywriter: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2023
The new tax in town....lolz

If you love to live comfortably in Nigeria
then better learn to earn in foreign currencies especially in $ollars !
The internet is available to get you started .
FYI $ is now #900+.

Wittyness
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Tulsaguy: 6:46am On Aug 26, 2023
Moh248:

Pat utomi did all the analysis gave it to osibanjo but Buhari rejected it because na Igbo man.

Werey flattino omoyibo drug pusher dey claim glory for wetin Osinbajo contemplated and introduced. Even if na Utomi do am as you claimed. Pat Utomi is a diligent Nigerian from Delta state not even the Igbo speaking part of Delta.

Eleribu omo nna.

Beta go Malaysia go continue una trade or retire to Aba where you make fake & poisonous substances.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Sprints3: 6:48am On Aug 26, 2023
Nigeria keeps living in the 70s. There are better ways to generate revenue. Tax payment chase away investors. Crumbling economy now most companies have left Nigeria be cos they are in deficit. Most companies left produce substandard products the MANCAP and other regulatory commission are not doing anything about that. All this ones na story. Western civilization is an organized crime. We live in a Fake and processed world
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Gandrova: 7:05am On Aug 26, 2023
aQUINandmore:
I need a sugar dad. Osibanjo spec
Go and marry and stop looking for sugar daddy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:09am On Aug 26, 2023
festacman:
This Taiwo Oyedele seems to know his onions. I am impressed by his approach as it has human face and recognizes peculiarities of Nigerian society. I won't be surprised if he was the person who worked with former VP Osinbajo on this tax initiative.
He is a tax leader at PWC for 20 years. He is a seasoned tax practitioner.
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by LZAA: 7:16am On Aug 26, 2023
Moh248:

😄😄😄😄😄
Unbelievable 😄😄😄
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Johnthesuccess: 7:40am On Aug 26, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
Foolish incompetent drug criminal. Master strategist indeed. Cocaine pusher.

What is your miserable father achievement? Nothing but to give birth to miserable nonentities like you troubling the peace of our society. Oloriburuku oloshi.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by ITIQ: 7:58am On Aug 26, 2023
WOW, great times are here again.
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Patriotcreed: 8:04am On Aug 26, 2023
Very good, change takes a bit of time. Only kids and detractors, obidients and co, that wants Nigeria to be destroyed, are the ones expecting the president to wave a magic wand, after all the years of inept leadership.
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by aQUINandmore: 8:10am On Aug 26, 2023
Gandrova:
Go and marry and stop looking for sugar daddy
come and marry me na
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by mignone(f): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2023
Basicend:
Tinubu cannot discount anything that has an atom of tax in it.

The source of the initiative or idea definitely notwithstanding.

Anything taxable, just like Lagos... we no tell dem? We be enemy of progress dt time&bastard* kinsmen...
E don dey happen now ...
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by ThiefnubuBandit: 8:13am On Aug 26, 2023
Johnthesuccess:

What is your miserable father achievement? Nothing but to give birth to miserable nonentities like you troubling the peace of our society. Oloriburuku oloshi.

Save that for your stupid jobless drunk father and cheap useless good for nothing shameless prostitute mother. Foolish bastard!
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Bisola100: 8:16am On Aug 26, 2023
Nigeria my country

Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by updatechange(m): 8:35am On Aug 26, 2023
festacman:
This Taiwo Oyedele seems to know his onions. I am impressed by his approach as it has human face and recognizes peculiarities of Nigerian society. I won't be surprised if he was the person who worked with former VP Osinbajo on this tax initiative.

Wch one is onions? It’s onus… don’t know why ppl like misspelling the word
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by obyno82: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Lol... grin

The only reason why Igbos voted for Obasanjo in 1999 was because majority of Yorubas supported Olu Falaye and not Obasanjo with the realization that Ojukwu despite being Igbo had no political weight so Igbos didn't vote their own Igbo brother.

They same would have happened if PDP had fielded Osinbajo. Igbos would have massively voted for Osinbajo because majority of Yorubas prefer Tinubu. Igbos wouldn't have chosen to WASTE their votes on an obvious loser by the name Obi.

'Waste your vote' was a political slogan attached to Obi by his supporters who already knew that he can't win but since Igbos are tired of another Fulani, was the reason Igbos didn't vote Atiku.

Let me make it clearer. Despite Akpabio being a Christian and from the South South but because Tinubu and Yorubas showed their support for Akpabio. Igbos preferred to put the sentiment of the Muslim Muslim ticket to rest not minding to vote a Muslim to become Senate President.

Igbos voted for Obasanjo simply because he wasn't the choice of Yorubas.

With Obi, Igbos preferred to waste their votes.

My point is. Igbos will forever never thread the path of Yorubas even if it will ensure prosperity they will rather commit suicide.

Can you just be sensible for once in your miserable life. You said this to me and when I challenged you to present facts you ran off with your tail between your legs.
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by obyno82: 8:38am On Aug 26, 2023
updatechange:

It is the onions he uses to cook food
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2023
obyno82:

Can you just be sensible for once in your miserable life. You said this to me and when I challenged you to present facts you ran off with your tail between your legs.

Obyno82 the facts you seek for is already on this thread. You can see how your Igbo brothers are already condemning Tinubu for his choice of Osinbajo's policy. grin
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by TheMostComplex1: 8:43am On Aug 26, 2023
Uncle Tinbu likes anything tax & that was how he was able to grow the internal revenue of Lagos state so he cannot do without tax .

I am pleading that he should not kill us with TAX
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by festacman(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2023
updatechange:

English master who is ignorant. cheesy
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Gandrova: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2023
aQUINandmore:
come and marry me na
You are engaged sister
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Deefirm: 10:17am On Aug 26, 2023
The word 'seems' is an insult to the person of Taiwo, having the opportunity to be tutored by him even before he smelled the position he grew to in PWC, I can boldly tell you that man is one of the most practical tax Oracles we have in Nigeria. Anyday, anytime I give it to Taiwo when it comes to taxation.

festacman:
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Smartguyboy(m): 10:24am On Aug 26, 2023
Anything tax is welcome in this zoo
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by FxMasterz: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Haba OP, it was actually the idea of Mrs Kemi Adeosun and Mrs Zainab who were then Minister of Finance and Minister of State, Finance respectively.

It was their idea but were they the ones who implemented it? If Osinbajo rejected the idea, nothing would be done. Buhari rejected the idea, so his administration can't rceive the credit for it.
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by lexy2014: 10:43am On Aug 26, 2023
Adelekan40:
I'm glad the Tinubu administration saw the need to adopt the Osinbajo model. This decision is for the good of Nigeria.

how come Tinubu doesnt have any model of his own that is beneficial to Nigeria?

I thought they said the man is strategist and that he built lagos?
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by lexy2014: 10:47am On Aug 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Haba OP, it was actually the idea of Mrs Kemi Adeosun and Mrs Zainab who were then Minister of Finance and Minister of State, Finance respectively.
are u saying that Tinubu the strategist and "builder of lagos" has no ideas of his own/
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by Tianamen1: 11:04am On Aug 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Haba OP, it was actually the idea of Mrs Kemi Adeosun and Mrs Zainab who were then Minister of Finance and Minister of State, Finance respectively. Check my signature for free stuffs!

This government has changed the name from Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration to Voluntary And Income Declaration. This report removed the “ASSETS” component. If this is not a typo, the government is not yet ready to fix Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by updatechange(m): 11:38am On Aug 26, 2023
festacman:

English master who is ignorant. cheesy

Ode ignorance is no defense… learn your English right. What does onions means? Google is still your best friend mumu.
Re: Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program by emmi14: 11:43am On Aug 26, 2023
Adelekan40:
I'm glad the Tinubu administration saw the need to adopt the Osinbajo model. This decision is for the good of Nigeria.
Osinbajo would have made a better president than this unprepared trial and error controversial old man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Uzodimma Appoints Brother As Imo State Deputy Chief Of Staff / Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer / High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.