Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG (18487 Views)

Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December โ€” Tinubu / Akwa Ibom Drainage Project To Be Completed December, Says Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nijanigga: 8:16am On Aug 26, 2023
oh no. Naija people no get vision. Due yourself a favor and google electric vehicle companies in US. Infact some states are beginning to phase out ICE . Which translate to less and less demand for oil.I see Nigeria become a desolate country by 2050.If you have the means to japa please do but in the right way.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by foleskay(m): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2023
Very un serious country. No wonder they're not in the emerging nation bloc like BRICS. Playing second fiddle to South Africa. Giant of Africa my foot! Discussion refinery in 2023.๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Dshocker(m): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2023
Every 4yrs $1.5b is spent on turn around maintenance of the warri refinery, yet nothing to show for it, i just hope this won't be another avenue for embezzlement.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Dreamhighnow(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Why not ask Trump why the walls he said he would erect around the boarders of the United States of America is nothing to write home about. grin

Geminiivory

Why are u comparing Nigeria projects with US project. I live in the US. Many projects are running concurrently without failing. The wall project was a political project and people from the left wing worked against it
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Ubdavison: 8:27am On Aug 26, 2023
Na lie
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by SmartyPants(m): 8:30am On Aug 26, 2023
wittywriter:
Lolz
Why must they announce without starting?

No evidence!

Wittyness

This project was started in 2021.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2023
Dreamhighnow:

Why are u comparing Nigeria projects with US project. I live in the US. Many projects are running concurrently without failing. The wall project was a political project and people from the left wing worked against it

I also travel to the U.S for business but I don't spend more than 4 months anytime I travel there. You can't tell me anything.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Fugazy2023: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2023
phemmyfour:
yinmu, they are all the same. All Promises Cancelled.

Government that cannot fulfil its promises on pallatives after removing subsidy cannot fix a refinery

Wait till then before criticising

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nairalanda1(m): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Stop speaking for FG. It doesn't look good on you. A serial liar can not be used as a witness in court because they lack credibility. FG has been lying to the people since time immemorial.

1.Thanks for calling me a liar.

2.Thanks for also calling me a spokesman for the FG for saying, in essence, that petrol should be sold at a profit.

3.No matter what you think of me, if petrol is not sold at a profit, refineries would crash. It's that simple.

4. And I absolutely believe that APC and PDP and LP are the same and are not worthy of my vote.

5.Perhaps when refineries come up, government could pay some form of implict subsides, in the form of tax breaks, grants, maybe even loans. It may bring down the price a little.

6.If you want the subsidy back, see your senator. I myself have opposed subsidies since 2011, when I woke up

And if you ever call me a liar again, I would have no compunction in reporting you to the moderators. Grow up. You are not a little child anymore. You did not need to be rude.

And if you abuse me again, I will report you.

Goodmorning. Nairalanders need to calm down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by PROPHETmichael: 8:52am On Aug 26, 2023
When Europe and America are gradually moving away from oil dependency. Last last na we go drink our oyel
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nairalanda1(m): 8:52am On Aug 26, 2023
ogene70:

The biggest good news is that it will reduce the pressure on Fx demand thereby strengthening our Naira .

Also the manufacturers can have better access to Fx to import raw materials to run their factories and this will in turn create more jobs and also increase our GDP.

Additionally , the supply chain sector will experience significant boom as a result of increased manufacturing activities.

There are many positive effects this can have on the economy generally if properly and sincerely pursued.

May God help Nigeria.

The only way we can reduce pressure on forex is basically

1.Earn more of it

2. Make more and more stuff in Nigeria...including components and stuff for the refineries and everything else.

A working refinery reduces some pressure...it does not reduce all the pressure.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by integrity16(m): 8:56am On Aug 26, 2023
Another one! The dangote that they said would be ready in July, nothing happened.

Now this one to be ready by December??
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by tollyboy5(m): 9:02am On Aug 26, 2023
nairalanda1:
It doesn't mean fuel would be cheap

Because there is no subsidy anymore, the NNPC would have to search for money for repairs and maintenance of the refineries. And at the end of the day, all that costs money, and all that would be added to the cost paid by end consumers.

The potential good news is that the refineries would work this time. No subsidy, no free money. Anyone doing sabotage is affecting NNPC's ability to make profits, and by extension, their salaries. Also, it would be cheaper to buy in Nigeria...than it would be importing from abroad with scarce forex.

But fuel would, as the experts say, cost just N70 less than the current price. It won't suddenly drop to N200 or below

P.S

Anyone quoting me to abuse me and call me names would be reported to the moderators immediately. You can disagree with me, but calling me names and being rude would get you reported.

If you want subsidy back, don't abuse those of us who support subsidy removal...call your senator.

(And anyway, something that I have backed for eleven years, even when Tinubu was supporting subsides...I was opposed. And I remain opposed to subsides).

You can disagree without being abusive. Thank you.
Guy rest until you see refinery. Na lamba we dey like chop 4 dis con3, shey lamba no dey belleful you?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nairalanda1(m): 9:08am On Aug 26, 2023
tollyboy5:

Guy rest until you see refinery. Na lamba we dey like chop 4 dis con3, shey lamba no dey belleful you?

cheesy...Okay, (you have the right to be concerned) but I think that this time, they might be serious.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by clinician2x: 9:17am On Aug 26, 2023
Okoroawusa:

Na FG get Dangote Refinery?

How many private businesses way your father get did the federal government commission?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by bjdon: 9:20am On Aug 26, 2023
The eassiest money you will make this year, is to place a bet that PH refinairy will not be operational by the end of ths year.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Thomasankara(m): 9:33am On Aug 26, 2023
[/color] I can smell lies written all over this,how will Dangote make his gains,if the government refineries are working,owing to the fact that Dangote does not like competition[color=#770077]
Bobloco:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/port-harcourt-refinery-to-be-completed-december-says-fg/amp/
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by zionstaar75: 9:40am On Aug 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Because there is no subsidy anymore, the NNPC would have to search for money for repairs and maintenance of the refineries. And at the end of the day, all that costs money, and all that would be added to the cost paid by end consumers.

The potential good news is that the refineries would work this time. No subsidy, no free money. Anyone doing sabotage is affecting NNPC's ability to make profits, and by extension, their salaries. Also, it would be cheaper to buy in Nigeria...than it would be importing from abroad with scarce forex.

But fuel would, as the experts say, cost just N70 less than the current price. It won't suddenly drop to N200 or below

P.S

Anyone quoting me to abuse me and call me names would be reported to the moderators immediately. You can disagree with me, but calling me names and being rude would get you reported.

If you want subsidy back, don't abuse those of us who support subsidy removal...call your senator.

(And anyway, something that I have backed for eleven years, even when Tinubu was supporting subsides...I was opposed. And I remain opposed to subsides).

u get sense, you're not like these yeebos who wish Nigeria to become biafra hellhole
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by bdon123(m): 9:41am On Aug 26, 2023
Idiots hav spent so mch in repairing a dilapidated refinery instead of building a new one.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:43am On Aug 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I also travel to the U.S for business but I don't spend more than 4 months anytime I travel there. You can't tell me anything.

It is not about travelling there oga. We are comparing USA and Nigeria in project execution. They are just too far in this regards. Sentiment aside
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Mrquote: 9:50am On Aug 26, 2023
Which year December?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Fearyourcreator: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofunaofu:

No be so dem tell us say Dangote refinery will commence operation in July, August don dey finish we never even see a drop of fuel coming out from Dangote refinery
Una no get patience at all... This are very big doings ... It will commence they might just have some other things showing up unexpectedly... Make una dey calm down... Nigeria is big to serve very fast like that ... Make una dey calm down ... Even you sef you know how many times some personal goals were shifted before achieving it... It's not that simple
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Fujiyama: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2023
BreconHills:

How many of your own personal life projects have arrived on schedule and at scale? Does your road or estate association deliver projects on time? Do you deliver on your promises? When you live in a country full of contradictions it is hard to get things to work on time. I am sorry to say attitudes like yours that include criticising a government when it was one month into tenure are part of the contradictions of our society - wanting the best but doing nothing to make it happen.

^^^
No!

No!!

No!!!

Your reference to delays in personal life projects is inappropriate. There is a difference between delays in my successful completion of a weight loss programme...and delays in the FG's successful completion of multi-billion dollar refinery TAM. They are not the same thing! There is no equivalence there!

I presume you work (or have worked) in the private sector. I am very sure you are aware of how some private sector contracts are structured: delays or extensions result in sometimes severe penalties for the contractor. How else do you ensure commitment and seriousness? undecided

Cultures that value time simply do not mess around with these things - in such places, a project manager or contractor that does not deliver on time and within budget will soon suffer severe reputational damage - or worse. In our case, the FG is the 'contractor', loosely speaking. Nigerians are the 'client' - and they are tired of endless delays in project execution. Just get the damn job done or throw in the towel!

If our environment is "full of contradictions where it is hard to get things to work on time", then the government should be the standard bearer in getting things to change for the better. Not giving shoddy excuses. undecided

This government will be held accountable - and that's the way it should be. The criticism may be sharp, harsh even, but that comes with the territory. Leadership wasn't forced on any member of this administration. They sought it and they will be held accountable.

They will be held accountable. No ifs, no buts.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nairalanda1(m): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2023
zionstaar75:
u get sense, you're not like these yeebos who wish Nigeria to become biafra hellhole

The thing is, a lot of people want fuel to be cheap, and that means, in essence, they are angry that it isn't.

I disagree with them, but I also recognise that selling fuel at its proper price does cause problems for everyone's pocket. Still, it was costing a lot.

If we had kept subsidy, by now, the government would have had to take money from elsehwere in the budget to pay for rising subsidy costs several times. And the resulting hole in the budget would be replaced by more loans.

We have been doing this for years, and one does not need to support tinubu, gej, Buhari or Obi or ateeku, or anyone to realize that we can't keep doing this any more.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by NaijaCover(m): 10:51am On Aug 26, 2023
Let's see how it goes
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by lexy2014: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Legal modular refineries are in varied stages of construction

If you mean illegal refineries that steal crude (thereby cheating you and me out of money , not just government and the drillers, who , it must be mentioned, employ hundreds of thousands of Nigerians that need to be paid)...and produce fuel that is just a step above the bad fuel we import...and is still awful , and also further damage the environment (remember that Port Harcourt has a air pollution issue because of these people)....sorry, but it is better we wait for legit refineries.

which money those who steal crude for illegal refining cheating you out of?

all the crude that they didn't steal for illegal refining, how much more have you received for it?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by lexy2014: 11:04am On Aug 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

The thing is, a lot of people want fuel to be cheap, and that means, in essence, they are angry that it isn't.

I disagree with them, but I also recognise that selling fuel at its proper price does cause problems for everyone's pocket. Still, it was costing a lot.

If we had kept subsidy, by now, the government would have had to take money from elsehwere in the budget to pay for rising subsidy costs several times. And the resulting hole in the budget would be replaced by more loans.

We have been doing this for years, and one does not need to support tinubu, gej, Buhari or Obi or ateeku, or anyone to realize that we can't keep doing this any more.

where is the government seeing the money it is using to finance palliatives?

are palliatives not subsidy?

what is the percentage of each litre of fuel government was paying on subsidy since subsidy was first introduced?

how much did it cost the goverment to finance subsidy on that percentage on each litre of fuel?

as each successive government "removed" subsidy, what percentage of each litre of fuel were they now subsidizing?

what percentage of a litre of fuel was being subsidised when Tinubu "removed" subsidy?

what has been the positive impact on nigerians since the removal of subsidy on kerosene and diesel?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by phemmyfour: 11:07am On Aug 26, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Wait till then before criticising
Are you not a Nigerian
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by lexy2014: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

P.S

Is it subsisdy that has been preventing the maintenance of the refineries?

Your lying mill is failing you daily.

Buhari spent billions on TAMs. So did his predecessors despite still paying subsisdy.

Where did they get the money they were using for TAMs?

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Manlikebaro: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2023
Believe FG at your own Peril๐Ÿ‘‹
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by tete7000(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2023
Okoroawusa:

Na FG get Dangote Refinery?
When they don't own it, why did they promise on its behalf? Why did they agree to commission it uncompleted? Abi you forgot your past President commission the refinery? What about all the promises they made in the past regarding all the other refineries? If they failed then, why should anyone believe them now?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by prigoz(m): 11:42am On Aug 26, 2023
Ofunaofu:

No be so dem tell us say Dangote refinery will commence operation in July, August don dey finish we never even see a drop of fuel coming out from Dangote refinery
Believe APC is just like believing that Tinubu will make 1$=1N, SO dear, believe them at your peril. Can anything good come out of APC,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Pictured With Vice President Osinbajo / Hassan Lawal Is Dead! / Buhari Congratulates Yahaya Bello On His Re-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.