Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG (18483 Views)

Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December — Tinubu / Akwa Ibom Drainage Project To Be Completed December, Says Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by azikiweironsi(m): 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2023
nairalanda1:
It doesn't mean fuel would be cheap

Because there is no subsidy anymore, the NNPC would have to search for money for repairs and maintenance of the refineries. And at the end of the day, all that costs money, and all that would be added to the cost paid by end consumers.

The potential good news is that the refineries would work this time. No subsidy, no free money. Anyone doing sabotage is affecting NNPC's ability to make profits, and by extension, their salaries. Also, it would be cheaper to buy in Nigeria...than it would be importing from abroad with scarce forex.

But fuel would, as the experts say, cost just N70 less than the current price. It won't suddenly drop to N200 or below

P.S

Anyone quoting me to abuse me and call me names would be reported to the moderators immediately. You can disagree with me, but calling me names and being rude would get you reported.

If you want subsidy back, don't abuse those of us who support subsidy removal...call your senator.

(And anyway, something that I have backed for eleven years, even when Tinubu was supporting subsides...I was opposed. And I remain opposed to subsides).

You can disagree without being abusive. Thank you.

Nice warning. It's in their gene to attack by abusing and calling names.
Uncultured children.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by asanausana91: 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
As Dangote own don start working from July abi?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nairalanda1(m): 9:43pm On Aug 26, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

This is no response. If you cannot provide the cost of production of a litre of locally refined fuel, then you don't have an argument. It means all your 'lectures' about the evils of subsidies (from the 1970s when this country's refineries were actually producing something) are not based on evidence. undecided

^^^
undecided

An unspoken assumption made by who? If your comment or argument wasn't about subsidy then why explicitly mention subsidy...not just once, but twice? undecided

^^^
If you're this sensitive then perhaps you shouldn't take part in discussions like these. I have kept it civil, even though I disagree quite strongly with some parts of your argument (or lack thereof). If you can't take a challenge to your position then perhaps you should avoid topics like this.

Good evening.

And if you want cheap fuel, agitate for it....in the political arena.

Again, maybe I am sensitive, but if I called you a one trick pony, you won't like it. And you would tell me so.

Good evening.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by TruthinAction: 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2023
When December comes, we will hear another story. It should have been done with a sense of urgency. Contract awarded since 2021? How long does it take to build a new one? There was a country.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Knetpro(m): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2023
Story for the gods
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by NAC1666: 1:39am On Aug 27, 2023
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Decarbonisation: 7:09am On Aug 27, 2023
Fu...cking liars.

Deceptive vagabonds!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria / Picture From CPC Convention In Abuja / How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.