Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,400 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends (13696 Views)

How Can I Set A Boundary Between Me And My Neighbor? / I Suspected My Wife Was Cheating, I Set Her Up / Nigerian Lady Throws A Divorce Party, Celebrates With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by placeofallure(f): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2023
cry
sylve11:
@op, People Pleasing? its damn exhausting. If you are one of the unfortunate ones with this stellar trait, work on it. Sooner than later. It's a miserable life. Impossible to please everyone, and a complete waste of time.

cool

One thing I gbádùn about myself is I don't know how to pretend. If I see you and I smile at you just know that's how I feel inside about you. And if I'm unhappy with you, you don't need a soothsayer to tell you if you like be my boss or housegirl, I'll give it to you.

OP should stop pretending and learn to give people as e dey hot🔥
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by fohlarp: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
Send him a text message that for now u nid some space frm him,dt u jst wona be alone 4 some reasons but later when u are fixed wld call him back.

If u can tell him face 2 face do,but thnk by sendg him a text wld do beta,he might com 4 a dialogue jst tell him 4 nw u jst nid to be alone due to some spiritual circumstances u were told.

I did ,dis to a young girl, close to me,wch afta wanted to turn to a nuisance to me,she qckly knw her place
Re: How Do I Set Clearer Boundaries With Friends by Exodora: 11:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Fredoh:

Some friends take friendship for granted.
Your own small.
If this happened to me I won’t be bothered!
I don’t know how old you guys are but e get age wey man suppose reach and he’ll need respect from even friends.
Because at that level man should be focusing on getting the Benjamins not fighting.
Friendship without mutual respect is bound to crash like relationship without symbiosis!

During my masters, I noticed my so called new school friend didn’t like taking responsibilities even for his own wrong doing, Must look for someone to blame. I was a group leader of about 25 people at some point and we all agreed to set up a zoom discussion, I had network issue and couldn’t share my screen📺. My so called friend was the first and only one to laugh out loud at me for all ears to hear just because of some network problems which even our lecturers experience. While other people who were not even friends but classmates tried and suggested an alternate solution to our network problem.
Mind you there are ladies in the meeting.

We were given loads of assignments which I understood better. This guy called me 3 times so I could guid him through. I did guid him and corrected many errors. He solved his, I solved mine.
We met in school the next day, he asked that we should compare our answers. I said ok.

On comparing we discovered that I was wrong on two occasions(there were about 30 questions)
This guy started passively abusing me❗️

He said and I quote:
“Na wa for you wo, look at the way you solved this questions. You solved as if you were not concentrating, what is wrong with you ❓”

Damn❗️
What is wrong with me ? Something no one told me in a long long time. Not parents not bosses.
The way I felt, if I hadn’t done the entire assignment I would have felt better.

I calmly reiterated what he said to me to his hearing and I noticed it on his face, he realized he messed up but of course too big to apologize!

I told him of course I didn’t concentrate because I was busy at work while trying to do the assignment but you are on leave.

These and many other things made me systematically give him distance.

I thought friends are supposed to have each other’s back?
Like I said friendship without mutual respect will not last.
Mine was during NYSC
The out going president wanted me to be the next president which I declined to cause as a woman I know it will be a lot of load for me leading guys so i rejected the offer even when he promised to guild me throughout, but to my greatest surprise my friend was making fun of me behind me to the extend she told someone that she won't vote for me , the was the same person I helped the first day she arrived and was stranded.
My phone spoilt so I was saving to buy another one. One day she was with some group of other corp members, immediately she saw me she started shouting my name that she has been trying to reach me but couldn't, I told her that my phone is having problem the next thing she said was that I was living in a big house yet I can't avoid to buy phone. I was very embarrassed eeeh as if I don't I have phone before then.
And so many other attitude she displayed, I just deleted her number cause I hate anything that stress my life.

The second one that made me delete her one number was about this married woman with three kids in her compound who wanted to work in a hotel whose husband told that if must work in a hotel that she must carry the last kid along with her to her work place because the child is just 4months but the woman insisted that she will leave the baby with her mother-in- law since she stays with them.
Her husband said if she can't carry the baby she should quit the job then, to my surprise my idiot of a friend carried it on her head as if is her problem.
She started calling Igbos and Igbo men all sort of names even insulting the man sef, me too I told her that majority of Akwa-Ibom girls are prostitute cause she wants to lure this woman into ... she got angry and started acting funny I just delete her number.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. / Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? / "God, Bless My Mother With Another Baby" - 5-year-old Boy's Heartwarming Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.