Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery (1814 Views)

Delta Native Doctor Deals With 2 Teenagers Who Came For Money Rituals (Video) / 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party / Man Who Came For Christmas Assassinated In Aguata, Anambra (Obituary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2023
Good day friends ,

I own a Thrift firm
We Are into daily savings (Ajo) and thrift collection; a contributory savings and mutual arrangement which helps to collect and save money for low income earners, petty traders, hawkers, disabled etc, who are still unbanked and inactive in the formal banking system.

A Sterling Bank staff whom I have never seen before then came to my office for loan recovery in February this year. While she was ranting and creating scene in front of my customers , She said that my brother fraudulently assisted my mum to get a loan from there bank and has not paid the loan in full

I told her that the loan which I don't know anything about doesn't have my name or the name of my company in it and that she should leave and stop creating panic among my customers

After she left, people started coming for there money in hundreds. It wasn't easy but I was able to manage the situation

Two weeks ago, she came back again, this time with the men of the NPF. They assaulted my brother in my head office and detained him for 4 days.

She didn't even say that it was a loan, she told people around that we defrauded the bank.

Ever since that last visit, we lost everything we built over the years. We had bank rush, threats from customers and the resignation of workers because of fear of misinformed customers.

It's just as if my world has come to an end. I'm very confused and on stand still at this point

What do you think I should do at this point please
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by advanceDNA: 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
If u have evidence of her visit at ur business premises.....including evidence of how u have lost business and money due her actions...u can go head and sue her....

6 Likes

Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by Alchemy528: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2023
Borrowers
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by Wodu89: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2023
You've weathered the storms. That you can remain in your two feet and in the same environment will put shame on your disloyal workers, fake friends and customers.

The damage has been done and can't be undone. It's time to stop crying about the past and get back to the drawing board as an entrepreneur.

Let's begin the rebuilding process ( Rebound )

To do this,you need a new team, put an advert for 2-3 new workers from distant location that do not know about the incidence.

Make calculations on paper the time around. The calculation should be in two forms :

Number of customers sought

Amount needed in cash sum that will make you see your business as back on its feet.

Give each of your marketers target and let them know your past and why they can't approach to traders in your current location.

Break your target customer amounts into realistic milestones. I.e you need just thrity customers. Each of your female marketer should bring in ten. Each week, they must bring two or three. Which is decent

Keep a new record that can be publicized without showing the exact amount of money but figured that can prove of your organization's financial health, table it before the remaining 10% and speak with them to constantly speak to few others that had doubts in you, for them to consider rejoining when they feel more confident. That you know their confidence level has dropped.

You also dress well,.be neat and wear new clothes and take out the address details of the 90% that left and begin to revisit them along with spreadsheets that shows the healthy status of your firm's finances. Tell them that you know that their confidence in you has dropped.to low levels but that over the next six months, you want them to reconsider continuing business with you.

Do new things. I.e wear new clothes. Go and buy brand new clothes and shoes. This changes the perspectives of the assumptions others have about you. Get printed round neck shirts with your brand name at it's back for your marketers and begin your rebuilding

THE GREATEST TRICK OF ALL IS IF YOU DINT HAVE A CAR USE OF OUT THE FUNDS LEFT AND BUY AN AFFORDABLE ONE. THIS ONE WILL CONFISE THEIR THOUGHTS ABOUT YOU COMPLETELY. THE WORKD HAS CHANGED PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO ASSOCIATE WITH ANYONE THEY ASSUME IS SUFFERING. CHANGE THEIR VIEW OF YOU...

You've cried enough, it's time to get back to the drawing board and begin the rebound process. Asyou begin your restratehizing remember to break all your plans into daily scalable actions and to set timelines for your goals

See you on the other side of your success

16 Likes

Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by matrixme(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
Please go to Twitter to bring the advocacy to people with all available evidences. Did you have a recording of the recovery officer's visit and other other solid proofs? Tag everyone that matter. The bank has brought down the brand you worked so hard to build. You have nothing to loose again than letting the world know of their destructive capabilities and avoid their loan services in the future

1 Like

Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by vb0mb(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
You would have prevail on your brother to make payment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
Wodu89:
You've weathered the storms. That you can remain in your two feet and in the same environment will put shame on your disloyal workers, fake friends and customers.

The damage has been done and can't be undone. It's time to stop crying about the past and get back to the drawing board as an entrepreneur.

To do this,you need a new team, put an advert for 2-3 new workers from distant location that do not know about the incidence.

Make calculations on paper the time around. The calculation should be in two forms :

Amount needed in cash sum that will make you see your business as back on its feet.

Give each of your marketers target and let them know your past and why they can't approach to traders in your current location.

Break your target customer amounts into realistic milestones. I.e you need just thrity customers. Each of your female marketer should bring in ten. Each week, they must bring two or three. Which is decent

Keep a new record that can be publicized without showing the exact amount of money but figured that can prove of your organization's financial health, table it before the remaining 10% and speak with them to constantly speak to few others that had doubts in you, for them to consider rejoining when they feel more confident. That you know their confidence level has dropped.

You also dress well,.be neat and wear new clothes and take out the address details of the 90% that left and begin to revisit them along with spreadsheets that shows the healthy status of your firm's finances. Tell them that you know that their confidence in you has dropped.to low levels but that over the next six months, you want them to reconsider continuing business with you.

Do new things. I.e wear new clothes. Go and buy brand new clothes and shoes. This changes the perspectives of the assumptions others have about you. Get printed round neck shirts with your brand name at it's back for your marketers and begin your rebuilding

THE GREATEST TRICK OF ALL IS IF YOU DINT HAVE A CAR USE OF OUT THE FUNDS LEFT AND BUY AN AFFORDABLE ONE. THIS ONE WILL CONFISE THEIR THOUGHTS ABOUT YOU COMPLETELY. THE WORKD HAS CHANGED PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO ASSOCIATE WITH ANYONE THEY ASSUME IS SUFFERING. CHANGE THEIR VIEW OF YOU...

You've cried enough, it's time to get back to the drawing board and begin the rebound process. Asyou begin your restratehizing remember to break all your plans into daily scalable actions and to set timelines for your goals

Thanks a lot bro
Your number is not on Whatsap
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by Wodu89: 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2023
concho:

Thanks a lot bro
Your number is not on Whatsap

Smiles. It isn't
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
Wodu89:

Smiles. It isn't
I will call
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by Satanistx: 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
concho:
Good day friends ,

I own a Thrift firm
We Are into daily savings (Ajo) and thrift collection; a contributory savings and mutual arrangement which helps to collect and save money for low income earners, petty traders, hawkers, disabled etc, who are still unbanked and inactive in the formal banking system.

A Sterling Bank staff whom I have never seen before then came to my office for loan recovery in February this year. While she was ranting and creating scene in front of my customers , She said that my brother fraudulently assisted my mum to get a loan from there bank and has not paid the loan in full

I told her that the loan which I don't know anything about doesn't have my name or the name of my company in it and that she should leave and stop creating panic among my customers

After she left, people started coming for there money in hundreds. It wasn't easy but I was able to manage the situation

Two weeks ago, she came back again, this time with the men of the NPF. They assaulted my brother in my head office and detained him for 4 days.

She didn't even say that it was a loan, she told people around that we defrauded the bank.

Ever since that last visit, we lost everything we built over the years. We had bank rush, threats from customers and the resignation of workers because of fear of misinformed customers.

It's just as if my world has come to an end. I'm very confused and on stand still at this point

the guy that did something similar to this to my is walking with clutches today. If I was a girl she will be dancing with. Her grand farher and mother
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by Baloranking(m): 4:56am On Aug 27, 2023
Why do Nigerians underestimate the power of justice? If you're not guilty of what you were accused of, seek the advice of a lawyer and take the necessary legal actions against the person/institution.

It will be worth it, nobody here will help you.
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by Smitaro100(m): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2023
This country wahala just too much, problem everywhere. God help us.
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by Nice2023(m): 8:20am On Aug 27, 2023
This is how evil people cripple others peoples business.

Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by Sk5050: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2023
advanceDNA:
If u have evidence of her visit at ur business premises.....including evidence of how u have lost business and money due her actions...u can go head and sue her....
Exactly
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by LaRosa01: 9:57am On Aug 27, 2023
Your brother who is working for you,took a loan using your company address.the bank comes calling rather than you to tell your brother to leave with the bank people till he sort himself out while distancing you and your company from what ever your brother did.you kept your brother then in your mind it is the bank staff at fault.my brother a mans downfall always starts from inside his own house and you can quote me on that.your brother and mother destroyed your business not the the banks staff.

concho:
Good day friends ,

I own a Thrift firm

3 Likes

Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 9:58am On Aug 27, 2023
LaRosa01:
Your brother who is working for you,took a loan using your company address.the bank comes calling rather than you to tell your brother to leave with the bank people till he sort himself out while distancing you and your company from what ever your brother did.you kept your brother then in your mind it is the bank staff at fault.my brother a mans downfall always starts from inside his own house and you can quote me on that.your brother and mother destroyed your business not the the banks staff.

He didn't use my address or business address
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 10:00am On Aug 27, 2023
advanceDNA:
Eye witnesses
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by LaRosa01: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2023
somebody is lying to you,for the bank to come to your place,either your address was used in opening the account or you where used as reference.

concho:
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 10:05am On Aug 27, 2023
LaRosa01:
somebody is lying to you,for the bank to come to your place,either your address was used in opening the account or you where used as reference.

I will print out loan details and mention you
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2023
LaRosa01:

what if my business name and address has nothing to do with the loan ?
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by LaRosa01: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2023
my brother business name or address doesn't matter once you have been linked to the loan in anyway,and you and I know,that you know more than you are telling on this matter.if you go court,na you go pay the bank lawyer fees and pray they dont come after you.

concho:
what if my business name and address has nothing to do with the loan ?
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2023
LaRosa01:
my brother business name or address doesn't matter once you have been linked to the loan in anyway,and you and I know,that you know more than you are telling on this matter.if you go court,na you go pay the bank lawyer fees and pray they dont come after you.

I'm boldly telling you that I don't have anything to do with this loan. She even admitted it in her first visit.

She apologised and left.

Then this disastrous visit again
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by advanceDNA: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2023
concho:
Eye witnesses

Yeah....two or 3 eye witness will pass as evidence since the issue happened in a public place of business
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2023
Baloranking:
Why do Nigerians underestimate the power of justice? If you're not guilty of what you were accused of, seek the advice of a lawyer and take the necessary legal actions against the person/institution.

It will be worth it, nobody here will help you.
Scared of taking bank to court, they might frustrate the process
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by clinician2x: 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2023
concho:
I'm boldly telling you that I don't have anything to do with this loan. She even admitted it in her first visit.

She apologised and left.

Then this disastrous visit again

Of all places to find you, it's ur business address. Did babalawo tell them ur office address ni. This your brother self nawa. He don wreck u oo. Wetin he use the money do?
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by advanceDNA: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
concho:
Scared of taking bank to court, they might frustrate the process

U cant even sue the bank in this case...the behaviour of the lady is obviously not sanctioned by the bank....but u can use social media to drag the lady and mention the bank

U fit try gistlover.....
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

U cant even sue the bank in this case...the behaviour of the lady is obviously not sanctioned by the bank....but u can use social media to drag the lady and mention the bank

U fit try gistlover.....

1) I can't sue a bank that arrested and detained someone for 4 days over a loan he didn't take

2) I can't arrest a bank that created panic and made me lose my customers over a loan I know nothing about? Despite my warning the first time they came

For real ?
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by advanceDNA: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
concho:

1) I can't sue a bank that arrested and detained someone for 4 days over a loan he didn't take

2) I can't arrest a bank that created panic and made me lose my customers over a loan I know nothing about? Despite my warning the first time they came

For real ?

Dont get me wrong...i am not saying u dont have the liberty to sue the bank...heck! U can even sue a president, governor or dangote.... what i am saying is u case wont stand against the bank...

Did she show u documents from the bank that the bank instructed her to arrest you or injure ur brother...?? Her action is just an overzealous attempt at recoveing the loan she approved to ur brother, to avoid having a bad loan record on her name/career

No bank will authorize use of brute force because of small class loans.....the worst is to take over any collateral if available, or write it off as bad loans and sanction the staff
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by concho(m): 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

Dont get me wrong...i am not saying u dont have the liberty to sue the bank...heck! U can even sue a president, governor or dangote.... what i am saying is u case wont stand against the bank...

Did she show u documents from the bank that the bank instructed her to arrest you or injure ur brother...?? Her action is just an overzealous attempt at recoveing the loan she approved to ur brother, to avoid having a bad loan record on her name/career

No bank will authorize use of brute force because of small class loans.....the worst is to take over any collateral if available, or write it off as bad loans and sanction the staff

Now I get your point.

That takes us to vicarious liability

Your apprentice destroys someone’s cloth while attempting to sew cloth in ur absence , who pays for the cloth ?

Your driver pulls down a 50 million mansion while going on an errands with ur car , who pays??

When a police officer assault you , you sue both him, the dpo, the Police commissioner and NPF in general .

They all pay the damage together
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by advanceDNA: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
concho:
Now I get your point.

That takes us to vicarious liability

Your apprentice destroys someone’s cloth while attempting to sew cloth in ur absence , who pays for the cloth ?

Your driver pulls down a 50 million mansion while going on an errands with ur car , who pays??

When a police officer assault you , you sue both him, the dpo, the Police commissioner and NPF in general .

They all pay the damage together

Lol....going by your tailor analogy...so what relationship or business do u have with the bank that the bank staff destroyed or caused u loss.??

So if ur driver kills someone with ur car na u police go lock up for prison??

Have u ever seen nigerian police force suffer for police brutality.. the worst is sack letter for the police officer....??

I have even heard cases where staff defrauded Customers of the bank, yet the bank was never liable to pay especially when the customer operated outside the banks policy........but anyways.. can ahead and sue the bank shaaaa..... we are just dialoguing naaniii
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by ghettochild(m): 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2023
Wodu89:

Let me add this..
Keep the address of those clients who left...when they return.....do not take em back
Let them know u no longer want them as clients as they lost faith in you.. you also don't have faith in them..
Shalom brother.
Re: My Company Lost 90% Of My Customers After Sterling Bank Came For Loan Recovery by Obierika(m): 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
concho:

If he did not use your address how then did they know where to locate him?

It is your brother and your mother that you should hold responsible, they destroyed your business!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Overjoyed As He Regains Freedom After Years In Kirikiri Prison / OMG! Madam Asked Her To Sit On A Burning Electric Cooker Househelp GRAPHIC Pics / GRAPHIC PHOTO: Alleged Thief Caught In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.