Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? (1210 Views)

Peter Obi Calls Nassarawa "A Great Country" / Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt / I KNOW I WILL ONE DAY BECOME OBI OF ONITSHA - Obasanjo brags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by gidgiddy: 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2023
Your country has never improved since 1960 to this day

You are more divided along tribal and religious lines than before the civil war

All your oil and gas only made you world poverty capital

You are amongst the top ten most terrorised countries on earth, 4 out of your 6 geopolitical zones are in the grip of insecurity

You cannot conduct internationally acceptable and credible elections

Your constitution is nothing but Decree 24 of the last military administration

Your human rights record and impunity in government are one of the worst in the world

Your corruption ratings are very high

You have no national unifying factor beyond football

So remind me again, how will Nigeria be a great country?

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by tonicyril: 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
No a rocket science..

In as much as Anambra became a dubai under Peter Obi, nothing God can not do grin

3 Likes

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by DaChosenOne: 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
Nigeria needs to get rid of the North. Bomb and sterilise them. Then make Islam illegal. Then Nigeria needs to build a wall separating Nigeria from the Islamic/Arabicized Sahel. Nigeria Then needs to build strong ties with Israel, China and other important countries for better development.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by attat(m): 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
Of course naija will someday soon be a better country.
If u don't believe it, that means u as a person won't become better.
Change will come

2 Likes

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by MrBiGGEST(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
DaChosenOne:
Nigeria needs to get rid of the North. Bomb and sterilise them. Then make Islam illegal. Then Nigeria needs to build a wall separating Nigeria from the Islamic/Arabicized Sahel. Nigeria Then needs to build strong ties with Israel, China and other important countries for better development.
Are you listening to yourself?😐
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by Patriotcreed: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
Make your life great.

Giddy why don't you talk about biafra, that's the country you are from.

3 Likes

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by DaChosenOne: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2023
MrBiGGEST:

Are you listening to yourself?😐

Yes, use your brain. The weakest and most dangerous of Nigeria is the Sahelian part. Only Southern Nigeria are too dumb to realise this. Do you pay attention to what others say about Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by DaChosenOne: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
Angola has banned Islam and Muslim entry. Ghana has banned and killed muslim invaders. They don't have the terrorism problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by Sangoamadioha1: 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2023
We are aping the white man. When we plan and develop with solutions Indigenous to our local situations, then things can start making sense.
We are applying western solutions to our local problems that is why no foreign economic model has ever worked in Nigeria. What works in other countries never seem to work in Nigeria.
By the time we get a proper nationalist or Afro centric leader then we can start developing, for now we just dey catch cruise.

1 Like

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by Ozommadu: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2023
tonicyril:
No a rocket science..

In as much as Anambra became a dubai under Peter Obi, nothing God can not do grin

Do you think Anambra is like your rusty brown roof states??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by johannu(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2023
gidgiddy:
How will Nigeria be a great country?[/b]
Nigeria as we know it can never be great. Let's assume President Tinubu is able to put Nigeria in the path of greatness, after 8 years President Tinubu leaves and the North takes over, then everything is all over.
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by tonicyril: 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ozommadu:

Do you think Anambra is like your rusty brown roof states??
That is why I said insomuch our dear Peter obi turned Anambra to dubai, I am sure Nigeria will still be great..

Abi u lark Hondastanding ni grin

3 Likes

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by ValarDoharis: 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
Tinubu is a monumental disaster already. He will be sacked this year for rigging the election and disqualified for forgery
johannu:

Nigeria as we know it can never be great. Let's assume President Tinubu is able to put Nigeria in the path of greatness, after 8 years President Tinubu leaves and the North takes over, then everything is all over.
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by helinues: 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2023
That you have given up about life doesn't others have given up

That things are not working out for you dont mean things dont work out for others

Stop using your present situation to undermine the progress of Nigeria

I really don't know why you lots are ingrained with hatred and bitterness for your country. A grandpa for that matter.

Eish

3 Likes

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by gidgiddy: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2023
helinues:

That things are not working out for you dont mean things dont work out for others

I really don't know why you lots are ingrained with hatred and bitterness for your country. A grandpa for that matter.

Eish

In other words, you dont know how Nigeria will be a great country, all you know is that Nigeria will be a great country?

I also know that I will one day visit planet Jupiter, although I dont know how yet

grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by plaetton: 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:
We are aping the white man. When we plan and develop with solutions Indigenous to our local situations, then things can start making sense.
We are applying western solutions to our local problems that is why no foreign economic model has ever worked in Nigeria. What works in other countries never seem to work in Nigeria.
By the time we get a proper nationalist or Afro centric leader then we can start developing, for now we just dey catch cruise.
I guess you mean that common sense, patriotism, prudent economic planning and management, constitutional democracy and the rule of law are all western solutions that cannot work in Africa.
RIGHT?

Well, So far, that has proven to be correct.
So maybe we should abandon civilization entirely and just live like animals.
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by helinues: 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2023
gidgiddy:

In other words, you dont know how Nigeria will be a great country, all you know is that Nigeria will be a great country?

I also know that I will one day visit planet Jupiter, although I dont know how yet

grin grin grin grin grin

You are the one who has given up about everything considering your activities on this forum.

I understand the frustration of supporting things that are meant to be doomed for almost a decade not to talk of shattered dream of Utopia Biafra

Better Nigeria with Tinubu's presidency

2 Likes

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by misano(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
helinues:

Eish

The poster made a statement that Nigeria's constitution was adopted by the military rulers so therefore the country can't get better.

As usual you will never agree, but if Tinubu decides to work with the senate to change the constitution you will start to running your mouth and start calling Tinubu strategist.

May God help us from people like you.
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by Gustavowhite(m): 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
DaChosenOne:
not the north but Yoruba
They support every wrong as far it’s not against their own
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by Wisereborn: 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
tonicyril:
No a rocket science..
If people like you make up 80% of Nigeria

How can Nigeria be great again
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by Wisereborn: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
helinues:

Better Nigeria with Tinubu's presidency
so Nigeria is now better with Tinubu's presidency grin grin
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by misano(m): 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2023
plaetton:

I guess you mean that common sense, patriotism, prudent economic planning and management, constitutional democracy and the rule of law are all western solutions that cannot work in Africa.
RIGHT?

Well, So far, that has proven to be correct.
So maybe we should abandon civilization entirely and just live like animals.

Bro, what you should understand is that Nigeria is a special case. We have to change those policies to fit our behaviours, lifestyle and culture.

For example the FBI is being managed by the American president and still it's not very corrupt. But in Nigeria the DSS and EFCC are like guard dogs to corrupt politicians.

Now look at this way, what if we break the EFCC and DSS from being managed by the FG? Let the EFCC make their money directly from the lots and fines of the politicians and the money stolen from by the Yahoo boys. I think it will drastically reduce corruption in Nigeria.
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by plaetton: 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2023
misano:

Bro, what you should understand is that Nigeria is a special case. We have to change those policies to fit our behaviours, lifestyle and culture.

For example the FBI is being managed by the American president and still it's not very corrupt. But in Nigeria the DSS and EFCC are like guard dogs to corrupt politicians.

Now look at this way, what if we break the EFCC and DSS from being managed by the FG? Let the EFCC make their money directly from the lots and fines of the politicians and the money stolen from by the Yahoo boys. I think it will drastically reduce corruption in Nigeria.

I disagree.

What we need is to nurture and allow institutions of governance to grow mature and strong.

1 Like

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by enemybulldozer(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
tonicyril:
No a rocket science..

Is it Obi that made Ibadan a rusty roof city?

1 Like

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by helinues: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
Wisereborn:

so Nigeria is now better with Tinubu's presidency grin grin

Read and comprehend. I thought you are wiser born?
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by enemybulldozer(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2023
gidgiddy:
Your country has never improved since 1960 to this day

You are more divided along tribal and religious lines than before the civil war

All your oil and gas only made you world poverty capital

You are amongst the top ten most terrorise countries on earth, 4 out of your 6 geopolitical zones are in the grip of insecurity

You cannot conduct internationally acceptable and credible elections

Your constitution is notthing but Decree 24 of the last military administration

Your human rights record and impunity in government are one of the worst in the world

Your corruption ratings are very high

You have no national unifying factor beyond football

So remind me again, how will Nigeria be a great country?
nigeria is the worst country in the whole world and helinues has the guts to ask Ndigbo if Biafra is a blessing or a curse in one of his useless posts.

1 Like

Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by Chibuzoc(m): 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
Nigeria is a zoo and since the animals wants we sane humans to behave like them, the best thing we do is separate ourselves from them.

Just like how some animals have/been issued 8 days ultimatum in illorin grin
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by Wisereborn: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2023
helinues:

Read and comprehend. I thought you are wiser born?
Comprehend what you cannot make anything out of grin grin

Make my IQ reduce πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜„ Abeg ooo
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by tonicyril: 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2023
enemybulldozer:
Is it Obi that made Ibadan a rusty roof city?
Seems u people lark hondastanding ooh grin grin grin

Una no sabi read at all?? Ewu
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by tonicyril: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
Wisereborn:

If people like you make up 80% of Nigeria

How can Nigeria be great again

Abirun, comon sense to assimilate and interprete u no get, did I say anything bad??
Re: So You Think Nigeria Will One Day Become A Great Country? How? by enemybulldozer(m): 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
tonicyril:

Seems u people lark hondastanding ooh grin grin grin

Una no sabi read at all?? Ewu
And you think you have sense?

Ezi!

(1) (2) (Reply)

GRV Caught Plagiarizing His Post About Lagos Plastic Ban On Twitter / Two Masquerades Fight Dirty (video/pictures) / Do You Have Confidence In Inec In Organizing The 2007 Polls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.