Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,904 members, 7,810,480 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Some People Talk Carelessly. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some People Talk Carelessly. (14595 Views)

Why Do Some People Go About Without Bathing After Sex? / Some People Are Unaware That They Are HIV Positive / Man Carelessly Disposes His COVID-19 Protective Wear After Kyari's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some People Talk Carelessly. by MrsTwrite(f): 12:13am On Aug 28, 2023
Why do most Nigerian women stigmatize those ladies that gave birth through CS?

Does it mean that because a woman gave birth through CS she's not a real woman?

10 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by izonborn098(m): 12:38am On Aug 28, 2023
Caeseran section or delivery' cs.
Majority of african women are living in the past plus the african mentality except the few educated ones...
What you critize and hate is other people's top priority... What others hate and critize is your top priority.. Just as you was insulting the innocent nigerians boys for going after white women.. That is life for you...
Till today 70% of nigerian women take a surrogate kid as an abnormal being...
MrsTwrite:

21 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Oizee(f): 3:15am On Aug 28, 2023
MrsTwrite:

it's ignorance nothing else, none is ever easy for us

29 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Nobody: 3:46am On Aug 28, 2023
MrsTwrite:

1.Illiteracy

2.Religious bigotry.

They want to give birth like the "Hebrew women".

3. Cost of CS in Nigeria is relatively expensive compared to vaginal delivery.

While nothing is wrong with the above, this is 2023 and with advances in medicine, CS has become a relatively safe procedure.

That said, I had all my kids through CS and they are all healthy and normal without complications and I could easily afford the cs.

I usually don't care what other people think.

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by DenreleDave(m): 7:28am On Aug 28, 2023
MrsTwrite:

Does women mock women that gave birth through Cs again?

If it is true, then women are the most thoughtless being in the womanhood of the universe... Like who makes a mockery of such

This is the first time I'm hearing such in my life ooo

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Villa12(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2023
Ignorance and illiteracy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by MrsTwrite(f): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2023
Skyview01:

1.Illiteracy

2.Religious bigotry.

They want to give birth like the "Hebrew women".

3. Cost of CS in Nigeria is relatively expensive compared to vaginal delivery.

While nothing wrong with the above, this is 2023 and with advance in medicine, CS has become a relatively save procedure.

That said, I had all my kids through CS and they are all healthy and normal without any complications and i could easily afford it.

I usually don't care what other people think.

God bless you ma'am.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Myer(m): 6:43am On Sep 09, 2023
MrsTwrite:

1. The birth-pang of natural birth is symbolic.
It normally should change a woman forever. It's a NDE that should make one put life and legacy in perspective.
It's difficult not to care for such a child when you know the cost of delivering them.

2. Nigerians don't appreciate CS. In Nigeria CS is also a NDE as some doctors can easily botch the process carelessly. Of course there's the cost implications.
However where it is painless, some mothers don't get that sense of essence of child-birth that instils a sense of purpose, legacy and responsibility into a woman.

I hope this helps.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Worriedwife: 7:03am On Sep 09, 2023
Myer:

1. The birth-pang of natural birth is symbolic.
It normally should change a woman forever. It's a NDE that should make one put life and legacy in perspective.
It's difficult not to care for such a child when you know the cost of delivering them.

2. Nigerians don't appreciate CS. In Nigeria CS is also a NDE as soke doctors cab easily botch the process carelessly. Of course there's the cost implications.
However where it is painless, some mothers don't get that sense of essence of child-birth that instils a sense of purpose, legacy and responsibility into a woman.

I hope this helps.

CS is not painless

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Acidosis(m): 7:12am On Sep 09, 2023
Well, I've never heard these things in real-life...

1 Like

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Myer(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2023
Worriedwife:

CS is not painless

I mean the operation/process. Some pain can be numbed with analgesics

1 Like

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Nazgul: 9:39am On Sep 09, 2023
Acidosis:
Well, I've never heard these things in real-life...
For real?

I've heard it in church countless times during testimony sessions.

You'll hear things like...Praise the Lord. I want to thank God for not allowing me deliver my child through CS. The doctor told me that I should get ready to be moved to the theater for operation, but I called daddy and he prayed with me on the phone and told me that CS is not my portion. And to the glory of God, I delivered before I was taken into the theater, the God of the Hebrew women appeared in the hospital and saved me from CS.

Then she would drop seed on the altar and leave.

The problem here is that there are other women who are seated in that congregation that gave birth through CS, how would they feel hearing that kind of testimony, does it mean that their own God is dead, are these ones better than them, is giving birth through CS an abomination, why not just thank God for safe delivery and drop the mic without condemning CS?

Some Africans are gullible.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by heykims(m): 10:09am On Sep 09, 2023
Ignorance
Many enlightened women even go opt for Caesarian delivery because it's safer once donw by competent hands.
U hardly hear of complications following Caesarian delivery when it is elective ie date planned ahead and surgery done before wokan falls into labour.

3 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by LUAN(m): 10:09am On Sep 09, 2023
I consider it to be the safest,... People died because of ignorance

1 Like

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by dheolexaone(f): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2023
Only those that allow themselves to be stigmatized.

Bleep whoever says odd to the life and safety of the mother and child via CS.

5 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2023
As someone who's had 2 kids born through C-section (ọmọ, I pity my wife meeeehn!) I can tell you it's a traumatic experience for the woman and her husband.

Still, it's a safe method of delivery if pre-planned and executed well, because the process is controlled with little unknowns lurking in the weeds.

That PUSH! PUSH!! PUUUUSSSH! ehn?

I don't even know which is more strenuous for the woman sef. The CS hurts for longer and can have greater risk of issues like infection of the surgery site, but, like I said, if planned and done well, it's not bad.

My wife was already quarrelling with me a week after our first was born.

I was driving her and the baby home after they were discharged from hospital. She was vexing at my driving! grin

I was frowning at the wheel, but laughing and jumping for joy on the inside.

She and I have been through a lot over the years.....I love her more than before.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by NinaArsenal(f): 10:13am On Sep 09, 2023
I gave birth to my first child through CS 4 months ago after undergoing 3 days labour
I thank God for the life of my Blue Jet and I.we are healthy and good.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by geoworldedu: 10:13am On Sep 09, 2023
DenreleDave:

Does women mock women that gave birth through Cs again?

If it is true, then women are the most thoughtless being in the woman... Like who makes a mockery of such

This is the first time km hearing this in my life ooo
Me too o. I don't think anyone mock people who delivered through CS, rather they showed sympathy because of the cost involved. Op is just bringing vawulence where it doesn't exist.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by GanagiBitrus: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2023
We are coming from a Religious & Cultural tradition of where it is considered more blessed to give birth like "Hebrew Women".

Such beliefs usually take time to overcome.

2 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by LegallyBlunt: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2023
Some women have been brainwashed. For example, you go to church and you hear things like, "you will deliver like the Hebrew women" and other stuff.

While that's not bad, the peculiar circumstances made God give those privileges to Hebrew women alone, considering their issues in Israel.

Back to the topic. Ignorance is bliss for many women. Meanwhile, some babies are too big to push them through some vaginas. Again, some women lack the strength to push over some time, so their best bet is via CS.

The kind of food we eat in Africa has also undergone dramatic changes, which can decrease the strength our women need to birth without CS.

A child is a child, regardless of how you birthed the child. Don't feel bad or low self esteem. You're a mother. What matters is a healthy child and mother passing through the medical process.

Just this week, we learnt of two mother's that passed after birthing. In all that happened there was no mention of pushing or CS. HEALTH IS PARAMOUNT! Let the doctors help you decide the best method to birth.

9 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Yettttttunde(f): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2023
Iam 37 now at 27 I did cs wen I gave birth to my first child ,I was stigmatized by my own husband and i felt very bad about it.he told me that his sister's have never done anything like that wen they were birthing children I felt so bad and angry but thank God it was successful.i gave birth to the 2nd born and 3rd born through normal delivery.God took control.inhave stopped.let me take care of the beautiful 3 that God gave to me.

20 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by aQUINandmore: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2023
Cs or not, the goal is never to loose guard and get preggie for any he goat that's not a politician or multi millionaire.

3 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by IamRichards: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2023
Illiteracy and ignorance plus stupidity .

2 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by lexy2014: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2023
MrsTwrite:

What form does this stigmation take?
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by MuMuOnBail: 10:19am On Sep 09, 2023
Na wa oooo

It is only weak and over pampered women that give birth through C-S.

Women stigmatize their fellow women in everything even down to who have bigger nyash, breast and tight kpekus.

Women are the enemies of Women

5 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by thatchick: 10:22am On Sep 09, 2023
I can't relate to this.Maybe it happens in your environment. I have had two and no one around me cares how I delivered babies.

In my work place, we easily and publicly share our experiences before, during and after the operations, laugh, and share bragging rights about who has the best and worst experience.

So I always wonder where the stigmatization comes from when people say this

10 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by benqo01(m): 10:25am On Sep 09, 2023
As long as a woman gives birth successful it is something to thank God for.

3 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by boldsleek: 10:25am On Sep 09, 2023
Most Nigerian women are daft and ignorant.

Thats all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by LegallyBlunt: 10:26am On Sep 09, 2023
aQUINandmore:
Cs or not, the goal is never to loose guard and get preggie for any he goat that's not a politician or multi millionaire.
Like you're dating one. Get wisdom soon.

1 Like

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by descartes400: 10:26am On Sep 09, 2023
heykims:
Ignorance
Many enlightened women even go opt for Caesarian delivery because it's safer once donw by competent hands.
U hardly hear of complications following Caesarian delivery when it is elective ie date planned ahead and surgery done before wokan falls into labour.

Caesarian delivery should only be done on the advice of the doctor if to.to delivery is not possible not because you want to preserve the circumference of your to.to.

The choice of a woman to prefer to.to delivery to caesarian should not be derogatively term ignorance neither does wanting Caesarian makes you enlightened, posh and sophisticated.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abortion: A Right Or a Crime? / Twitter Helps Suicidal Lady Overcome Depression. See How / Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.