Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Some People Talk Carelessly. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some People Talk Carelessly. (14646 Views)

Why Do Some People Go About Without Bathing After Sex? / Some People Are Unaware That They Are HIV Positive / Man Carelessly Disposes His COVID-19 Protective Wear After Kyari's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by AmandaPrecious(f): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2023
Myer:

I avoid people who insult me because I could become the source of their punishment.
First, that they are not in Christ or reject the gospel means that they are already condemned.

And they will only keep heaping more curses on themselves. Unless in fact I am wrong.

John.3.16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John.3.17 - For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John.3.18 - "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John.3.19 - And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Illiteracy and religious fanaticism are a deadly combination. No wonder you have the mental capacity of a vegetable. Enjoy 😂.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Myer(m): 9:51am On Sep 12, 2023
AmandaPrecious:

Illiteracy and religious fanaticism are a deadly combination. No wonder you have the mental capacity of a vegetable. Enjoy 😂.

With all your intelligence, yet you call me illiterate?
You see clearly that Intelligence and Wisdom are mutually exclusive.

And yes, the same way you're a fanatist of realism, so am I of Christ.

All the same we may end up being friends but only if God wills.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Myer(m): 10:46am On Sep 12, 2023
AmandaPrecious:

1. There are many more factors that influence a mother's attitude towards her kids after childbirth besides the method of delivery or whether it was painful or painless. I already mentioned these factors in a previous post. A painful delivery can NOT, on its own, bestow a "sense of responsibility" in a woman after said delivery.

On the bolded we do agree. And I never disputed this.
You simply do not want to agree that mode of birth is also one of the factors.

It is difficult to sift through your intelligence because it is tainted by so much insults and pride.
You really need to choose to honor others and you'll be fine.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by AmandaPrecious(f): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
Myer:

With all your intelligence, yet you call me illiterate? You see clearly that Intelligence and Wisdom are mutually exclusive.

It has been established that you are an astounding illiterate without remorse. Anybody can glean this simple fact if they go through our correspondence on this thread. You clearly don't know the basics.

And yes, the same way you're a fanatist of realism, so am I of Christ.

Oh really? Let's see then...

If I came across real undeniable evidence that a god existed, I'll readily accept it as a fact. My worshipping the god will depend on the version of god it is. For instance, I'd never worship the Christian god even if it were established today that it existed beyond all reasonable doubt because it is undeserving of worship.

What of you though? If you came across positive evidence that your god didn't exist, will you accept it? Are you even willing to question the bases of your beliefs? Can you even entertain the thought that you may have been wrong all along?

You need to look up the meaning of "fanaticism" in a reputable dictionary.

All the same we may end up being friends but only if God wills.

I'm not looking for any friends. I'm just here to read and make fun of nutters and asshats. Thanks for the offer though.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by AmandaPrecious(f): 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
Myer:

On the bolded we do agree. And I never disputed this.

Good to know.

You simply do not want to agree that mode of birth is also one of the factors.

Where have I done this? Lying again, are you?

It is difficult to sift through your intelligence because it is tainted by so much insults and pride.

People like you spend so much time playing the role of Tone Police than actually engaging the arguments. If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the damn kitchen. I'm not going to water down my style to suit your insignificant feelz.

You really need to choose to honor others and you'll be fine.

You really need to grow some balls and learn that nobody is mandated to pamper you on the internet. If you think you're obligated to post unfounded rubbish on this site in the pretense it's an argument just because you can, then I'm obligated to give said rubbish the treatment it deserves. Bad ideas exist to be destroyed. So put on your big boy pants and realize that I couldn't care less what you feel about me.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Myer(m): 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
AmandaPrecious:

Good to know.

Where have I done this? Lying again, are you?

People like you spend so much time playing the role of Tone Police than actually engaging the arguments. If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the damn kitchen. I'm not going to water down my style to suit your insignificant feelz.

You really need to grow some balls and learn that nobody is mandated to pamper you on the internet. If you think you're obligated to post unfounded rubbish on this site in the pretense it's an argument just because you can, then I'm obligated to give said rubbish the treatment it deserves. Bad ideas exist to be destroyed. So put on your big boy pants and realize that I couldn't care less what you feel about me.

I wish you knew me before Christ found me.
You'll understand why I can't be offended by your little insults.
When I insult someone, they actually cry or want to cry- both male and female.
I've lost so many relationships cos of that.

Any way, the only reason why I keep engaging you is cos you remind me so much of me. And your name actually says a lot-

Amanda- worthy of love.
Chimamanda- my God will never fail.

Which ever one it is- God really is the one who can reveal who you are to you. Your present revelation of who you are is little compared to who he will make out of you.

If I may ask, why did you stop believing in God?
Cos your high IQ is actually usually a gift God gives either cos your parents served God or you once did.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by AmandaPrecious(f): 8:54am On Sep 14, 2023
Myer:

I wish you knew me before Christ found me.
You'll understand why I can't be offended by your little insults.
When I insult someone, they actually cry or want to cry- both male or female.
I've lost so many relationships cos of that.

Any way, the only reason why I keep engaging you is cos you remind me so much of me. And your name actually says a lot-

Amanda- worthy of love.
Chimamanda- my God will never fail.

Which ever one it is- God really is the one who can reveal who you are to you. Your present revelation of who you are is little compared to who he will make out of you.

If I may ask, why did you stop believing in God?
Cos your high IQ is actually usually a gift God gives either cos your parents served God or you once did.

Yawn. This is starting to get real boring.

I haven't failed to notice that you want to address everything else but the main topic of discussion -- a clear symptom of your cognitive incompetence. If I were you, I'd pack it in and call it a day at this point. Preaching to someone like me will likely be an exercise in frustration and/or futility for you, unless you are a glutton for punishment with sadomasochistic tendencies. I work with facts, not sentiments or frivolous appeals to emotions.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Myer(m): 9:23am On Sep 14, 2023
AmandaPrecious:

Yawn. This is starting to get real boring.

I haven't failed to notice that you want to address everything else but the main topic of discussion -- a clear symptom of your cognitive incompetence. If I were you, I'd pack it in and call it a day at this point. Preaching to someone like me will likely be an exercise in frustration and/or futility for you, unless you are a glutton for punishment with sadomasochistic tendencies. I work with facts, not sentiments or frivolous appeals to emotions.

But I have in fact addressed the topic of discussion.
I even went as far as recapping and highlighting my points.

What will you have me address?

1. Concerning this thread - My position remains that the pain and NDE of both Natural birth and CS (especially in Nigeria) instills a sense of responsibility, care and legacy in a woman. Where child-birth is painless whether via natural birth or CS, the mother MAY NOT understand the significance and essence of motherhood and by inference not be as caring as one who does.
-Your position is that it does not matter as several factor contribute to a mother's attitude towards her child.
You simply do not want to agree that Mode of Birth is one of these factors, Capish?

2.. Whether I have ever considered if my god does not exist. This I have done even as a kid. I ended up becoming an agnostic, then atheist for some years. Till I got to the point where I needed God due to life's challenges. Then I found Him for myself and became born again. Then I backslid yet again due to life's challenges. I never thought I could ever backslide but to my surprise I did. All my efforts not to backslide failed and all my efforts to seek him like wise were to futility for years. Until His Grace found me yet again when I became desperate and had a NDE. That happened last year. And today, I am truly grateful to be a disciple of Christ. It is important to be able to separate the religion Christianity from the actual relationship of following Christ.

I hope this helps?
For some reason that I don't know, I seem to be pretty interested in you. And not in a provocative way.
Guess the sapio-sexual in me still needs some divine touch or torch.lol
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by AmandaPrecious(f): 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
Myer:

But I have in fact addressed the topic of discussion.

Continuous, and mindless repetition of already discombobulated arguments do not register as "addressing the topic of discussion". Your refusal to even reconsider how porous your arguments are is a very big indicator to how intellectually dishonest you truly are.

Concerning this thread - My position remains that the pain and NDE of both Natural birth and CS (especially in Nigeria) instills a sense of responsibility, care and legacy in a woman.

And I have cited studies that counter this proposition of yours, which you have responded to with nothing more than drawn out repetitions of your factless bluster.

Where child-birth is painless whether via natural birth or CS, the mother MAY NOT understand the significance and essence of motherhood and by inference not be as caring as one who does.

See above. You have no evidence for this claim.

-Your position is that it does not matter as several factor contribute to a mother's attitude towards her child.

Nope. Strawman fallacy. This is a complete obfuscation of everything I've been saying thus far. Again, if this is your take on what my actual position is, then you're either cognitively handicapped or you're a terrible liar. First and foremost, your claim that "the pain and NDE of both Natural birth and CS (especially in Nigeria) instills a sense of responsibility, care and legacy in a woman" is flat out WRONG. I have already shown you evidence pointing towards the contrary, whereby mothers who experience painless delivery tend to enjoy mother-infant bonding more than those whose delivery experience was painful. I then cited other important factors that can affect a mother's attitude towards motherhood separate from the mode of delivery. How a grown man like you keeps tripping over himself trying to grasp this simple information is befuddling.

You simply do not want to agree that Mode of Birth is one of these factors, Capish?

I never said it wasn't one of the factors. SMH. Are you dyslexic?

Whether I have ever considered if my god does not exist. This I have done even as a kid. I ended up becoming an agnostic, then atheist for some years. Till I got to the point where I needed God due to life's challenges. Then I found Him for myself and became born again.

Typical for most Nigerian Christians to have "found God" due to being overwhelmed by the reality of daily life struggles. Y'all are too pussy to actually face the world as it is, so you conjure up the persona of a "loving, all-powerful father" that loves you so much he's willing to save you from a ghastly accident that can kill thousands of other faithful souls he created himself; or help you find your car keys because you were too stupid to remember where you kept them in the first place.

For some reason that I don't know, I seem to be pretty interested in you. And not in a provocative way
Guess the sapio-sexual in me still needs some divine touch or torch.lol

Can't say I'm surprised. I already picked up the sexual frustration and horniness in you a few posts back. You probably get a hard-on seeing my name in your mentions, rubbing your nipples with anointing oil as you read my comments, hmm?
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Myer(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
AmandaPrecious:

Continuous, and mindless repetition of already discombobulated arguments do not register as "addressing the topic of discussion". Your refusal to even reconsider how porous your arguments are is a very big indicator to how intellectually dishonest you truly are.

And I have cited studies that counter this proposition of yours, which you have responded to with nothing more than drawn out repetitions of your factless bluster.

See above. You have no evidence for this claim.

Nope. Strawman fallacy. This is a complete obfuscation of everything I've been saying thus far. Again, if this is your take on what my actual position is, then you're either cognitively handicapped or you're a terrible liar. First and foremost, your claim that "the pain and NDE of both Natural birth and CS (especially in Nigeria) instills a sense of responsibility, care and legacy in a woman" is flat out WRONG. I have already shown you evidence pointing towards the contrary, whereby mothers who experience painless delivery tend to enjoy mother-infant bonding more than those whose delivery experience was painful. I then cited other important factors that can affect a mother's attitude towards motherhood separate from the mode of delivery. How a grown man like you keeps tripping over himself trying to grasp this simple information is befuddling.

I never said it wasn't one of the factors. SMH. Are you dyslexic?

Typical for most Nigerian Christians to have "found God" due to being overwhelmed by the reality of daily life struggles. Y'all are too pussy to actually face the world as it is, so you conjure up the persona of a "loving, all-powerful father" that loves you so much he's willing to save you from a ghastly accident that can kill thousands of other faithful souls he created himself; or help you find your car keys because you were too stupid to remember where you kept them in the first place.

Can't say I'm surprised. I already picked up the sexual frustration and horniness in you a few posts back. You probably get a hard-on seeing my name in your mentions, rubbing your nipples with anointing oil as you read my comments, hmm?

But you do agree with the fact that I don't have to agree with you right?

An argument can some times be inconclusive. I suppose this falls under such category.
Which was the position of the excerpt from the abstract of the article you referenced.

Let's agree to disagree.
If you're looking for verifiable facts, do a survey from mothers as I have done.

Now I believe I have answered your questions to a good capacity. Surprised you evaded mine after accusing me of evasion.

1. Why did you stop believing in God?
2. Did you or your parents serve God at some point?
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by AmandaPrecious(f): 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Myer:

But you do agree with the fact that I don't have to agree with you right?

I'm not merely disagreeing with you. I'm furnishing you with actual facts pertaining to the discussion! So you're not just contending with me, you're actually contending with the evidence. So far, you haven't presented and rebuttals to the evidence provided. If you want to deny reality because of your spurious subjective beliefs, then that's your kettle of fish. But the fact is this: painless delivery does not reduce the quality of mother-infant bonding. In some cases, painless delivery actually enhances it!

An argument can some times be inconclusive. I suppose this falls under such category. Which was the position of the excerpt from the abstract of the article you referenced.

So (I'm asking this question again), why then do you keep insisting that painless delivery reduces the significance mothers attach to their maternal responsibility if you already agree that no significant correlation has been established between childbirth experience and mother-infant bonding?

If you're looking for verifiable facts, do a survey from mothers as I have done.

Produce the survey you conducted that led you to the conclusion that mothers who go through painful delivery value motherhood more. Let's have it.

Now I believe I have answered your questions to a good capacity.

No, you witlessly fumbled through them.

Surprised you evaded mine after accusing me of evasion.

Which questions? Ask away. Maybe I missed them.

Why did you stop believing in God?

Because I came to discover that I had no justifiable reasons to believe in any God/s.

Did you or your parents serve God at some point?

Yes.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Myer(m): 9:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
AmandaPrecious:

I'm not merely disagreeing with you. I'm furnishing you with actual facts pertaining to the discussion! So you're not just contending with me, you're actually contending with the evidence. So far, you haven't presented and rebuttals to the evidence provided. If you want to deny reality because of your spurious subjective beliefs, then that's your kettle of fish. But the fact is this: painless delivery does not reduce the quality of mother-infant bonding. In some cases, painless delivery actually enhances it!

So (I'm asking this question again), why then do you keep insisting that painless delivery reduces the significance mothers attach to their maternal responsibility if you already agree that no significant correlation has been established between childbirth experience and mother-infant bonding?

Produce the survey you conducted that led you to the conclusion that mothers who go through painful delivery value motherhood more. Let's have it.

No, you witlessly fumbled through them.

Which questions? Ask away. Maybe I missed them.

Because I came to discover that I had no justifiable reasons to believe in any God/s.

Yes.

Thanks for your candour.
This is the challenge with logical and intelligent believers. I've been there. But it is the stage of growing your Spirit over your Mind. Your Mind needed to be subjected to the Word of God.
That's what the Gift of Faith is.

You were going through a transition process. It is a test that was meant to grow your faith in God.

There was reason(s) you believed God. That was your justifiable reason.

But you needed more reasons and more tangible reason as time and maturity necessitated.
Can you remember what you wanted and if God has now met that need?
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Nazgul:

For real?

I've heard it in church countless times during testimony sessions.

You'll hear things like...Praise the Lord. I want to thank God for not allowing me deliver my child through CS. The doctor told me that I should get ready to be moved to the theater for operation, but I called daddy and he prayed with me on the phone and told me that CS is not my portion. And to the glory of God, I delivered before I was taken into the theater, the God of the Hebrew women appeared in the hospital and saved me from CS.

Then she would drop seed on the altar and leave.

The problem here is that there are other women who are seated in that congregation that gave birth through CS, how would they feel hearing that kind of testimony, does it mean that their own God is dead, are these ones better than them, is giving birth through CS an abomination, why not just thank God for safe delivery and drop the mic without condemning CS?

Some Africans are gullible.
It is grace, and I think they are at liberty to share the testimony. Same way, a student will be sharing testimony of graduation when some of his contemporaries in the church could not have sponsor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fresh Cases Of Bird Flu In Kano, Lagos / COVID-19: Britain's Death Toll Rises To 36,675 / Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.