Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Some People Talk Carelessly. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some People Talk Carelessly. (14634 Views)

Why Do Some People Go About Without Bathing After Sex? / Some People Are Unaware That They Are HIV Positive / Man Carelessly Disposes His COVID-19 Protective Wear After Kyari's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Treasure17(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2023
I was relating a story to someone yesterday about a woman who just gave birth via CS and also lost the child in the process. The listener was like haa, I hate it if I give birth through CS that's the end.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Romanoff(f): 11:15am On Sep 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
undecided

If only you know that ordinary Ewedu can solve the option of going for CS.

If you also know how to make use of the Shea Butter option, you'd never reach the point of opting for CS.

Rotfl. I laugh in Ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by galadima77(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2023
I heard when you judge people, you reveal a part of yourself that needs healing
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Pedrocross4568(m): 11:21am On Sep 09, 2023
I have an older brother, last year my younger sister gave birth. So I called him to tell him that our sister had given birth, The first question he asked me was how she take born and I was like, I don't understand what do you mean by how she take born. I said normal delivery. He said na now she born, so if she has use CS what will that be. I just feel sorry for him, What a life

7 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Mummyfour(f): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:

I am rejoicing I am not a woman.
One of the reasons I'll love, cherish and care for my woman.
that's why when men treat women that have gone through this experience with so much wickedness, it breaks my heart.

I congratulate your wife for this your comment and God bless you real good as you keep it up

1 Like

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Chekwume16(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2023
If my wife had gone through a c section she would have been alive with me today. There a lot of hidden ailments we have especially as it concerns the heart that we are not aware of until we pass through a rigorous process like natural child birth. C section remains the best means of child birth.

4 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by FireUpNow(m): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2023
Nothing wrong is wrong with CS. Not all women can give birth naturally because their pelvic are tight. Most people are afraid of CS because of money. Pikin na pikin oo. Through CS or natural birth.

3 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by JADEK04: 11:35am On Sep 09, 2023
Skyview01:

1.Illiteracy

2.Religious bigotry.

They want to give birth like the "Hebrew women".

3. Cost of CS in Nigeria is relatively expensive compared to vaginal delivery.

While nothing wrong with the above, this is 2023 and with advance in medicine, CS has become a relatively save procedure.

That said, I had all my kids through CS and they are all healthy and normal without any complications and i could easily afford it.

I usually don't care what other people think.

I prefer my woman to deliver through cs because of her Virginia, so we can continue enjoy our self.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by soullove1881(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Why do most Nigerian women stigmatize those ladies that gave birth through CS?

Does it mean that because a woman gave birth through CS she's not a real woman?

Because these yeye doctors view it as an easy way to make money. They perform unnecessary surgeries on almost every pregnant woman. Even when my wife delivered naturally, they were disappointed because they knew I could afford the cost of a C-section.

2 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by soullove1881(m): 11:46am On Sep 09, 2023
JADEK04:
I prefer my woman to deliver through cs because of her Virginia, so we can continue enjoy our self.

You're very funny 😂 anyway, it doesn't work that way.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by psucc(m): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2023
The problem with the typical African lady who is exposed to western education and either married to a rich man or on her own us rich is to emulate everything thing the whites do; attachment, white skin(bleaching) long nails, long eyelashes, and the CS.

CS was meant to be the last resort and not an option to save the life of the mother or child or both. But today, because our ladies are "civilized", tht just prefer "Open Up" to labour
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Klass99(f): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Lovelydaisies: 11:59am On Sep 09, 2023
Jeezuzpick:
As someone who's had 2 kids born through C-section (ọmọ, I pity my wife meeeehn!) I can tell you it's a traumatic experience for the woman and her husband.

Still, it's a safe method of delivery if pre-planned and executed well, because the process is controlled with little unknowns lurking in the weeds.

That PUSH! PUSH!! PUUUUSSSH! ehn?

I don't even know which is more strenuous for the woman sef. The CS hurts for longer and can have greater risk of issues like infection of the surgery site, but, like I said, if planned and done well, it's not bad.

My wife was already quarrelling with me a week after our first was born.

I was driving her and the baby home after they were discharged from hospital. She was vexing at my driving! grin

I was frowning at the wheel, but laughing and jumping for joy on the inside.

She and I have been through a lot over the years.....I love her more than before.

Lol, why she no go vex? CS no kill am, you wan come use 'overspeed' kill am? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Klass99(f): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by b3llo(m): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
lifenajeje:

If only u know the countless number of women that lost their lives based on medical reasons as they choosed normal delivery over CS which the doctors advised ..you won't type this ..

Health care providers might recommend a C-section if:

Labor isn't progressing normally* .

Labor that isn't progressing (labor dystocia) is one of the most common reasons for a C-section. Issues with labor progression include prolonged first stage (prolonged dilation or opening of the cervix) or prolonged second stage (prolonged time of pushing after complete cervical dilation).

*The baby is in distress* .

Concern about changes in a baby's heartbeat might make a C-section the safest option.

*The baby or babies are in an unusual position* .

A C-section is the safest way to deliver babies whose feet or buttocks enter the birth canal first (breech) or babies whose sides or shoulders come first (transverse).

*You're carrying more than one baby*

. A C-section might be needed for women carrying twins, triplets or more. This is especially true if labor starts too early or the babies are not in a head-down position.
There's a problem with the placenta. If the placenta covers the opening of the cervix (placenta previa), a C-section is recommended for delivery.

*Prolapsed umbilical cord* .

A C-section might be recommended if a loop of umbilical cord slips through the cervix in front of the baby.

*There is a health concern*

A C-section might be recommended for women with certain health issues, such as a heart or brain condition.

*There's a blockage*

A large fibroid blocking the birth canal, a pelvic fracture or a baby who has a condition that can cause the head to be unusually large (severe hydrocephalus) might be reasons for a C-section.

You've had a previous C-section or other surgery on the uterus

Prevention with positives :

Mother's living with viruses like HIV , HepB amongst others are adviced to give birth through C- section irrespective of their viral load been surppressed. Such mother's are only encouraged to give birth through normal delivery if they can't afford the surgical fees.

Lastly..lol men make una hear oh

If she gives birth by CS the vagina would retain it's actual size . Just imagine if ur wife was to give birth to an oversized baby weighing 4.5 kg coming through the vagina as u want her to deliver through normal delivery. Forget that talk about the vagina being elastic in nature ..pikin dey widen the stuff with few centimetres...in my opinion though ..

Pls it u choose CS use a general hospital instead of a private one ..except u are using big private hospitals like lagoon ..reddition etc ..

Most private hospitals will use only 3/4 staffs in performining CS as against where u have 10 or more proffesionaks handling a C- section in general hospitals or bigger private clinics ..

Ur sure plug for PEP PrEP HIV self testing kit and other scarce drugs

Call or chat

interesting
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by phemmyfour: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2023
MrsTwrite:

Na ignorance dey worry them

They should go out more, in abroad , CS is even their first option. Nobody is ready to risk either mother or baby's life anymore through push

2 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by MrsTwrite(f): 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
phemmyfour:
Na ignorance dey worry them

They should go out more, in abroad , CS is even their first option. Nobody is ready to risk either mother or baby's life anymore through push

Period!

1 Like

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Realist777: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
Skyview01:

1.Illiteracy

2.Religious bigotry.

While nothing wrong with the above, this is 2023 and with advance in medicine, CS has become a relatively save procedure.

That said, I had all my kids through CS and they are all healthy and normal without any complications and i could easily afford it.

One of the things I told my babe is the issue of CS.
I'm not going to watch my baby girl suffer while there are easy way out
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Nwaelohim: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ignorance and religious stupidity is the root cause of people being judgemental about CS delivery. Many men has lost their wives because of this pandemic called IGNORANCE.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by tillaman(m): 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
Those saying such are analogue thinkers, they do not belong to the digital world they should be sent back to the Stone Age
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Nice2023(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
My wife had all my 3children via C-section and she is OK by it.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by complexstuffs(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
MrsTwrite:

This is a big lie...

No one is mocked for giving birth through CS. This thread is created for people with low self esteem to disparage their home country
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Bananapill: 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
MrsTwrite:

I'm a devoted Christian and pastor. When we were expecting our second child,the doctor said he's too big to be pushed that my wife will be better off through CS. I told the doctor carry on. I was in the theatre room with my wife and watched as baby was brought out. Boy was huge.
CS is better when the woman's life is at risk.

2 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Pojomojo: 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
Skyview01:

1.Illiteracy

2.Religious bigotry.

Same here
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Thomasankara(m): 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
grin grin grin[/color]you no lie[color=#770077]
Nazgul:

For real?

I've heard it in church countless times during testimony sessions.

You'll hear things like...Praise the Lord. I want to thank God for not allowing me deliver my child through CS. The doctor told me that I should get ready to be moved to the theater for operation, but I called daddy and he prayed with me on the phone and told me that CS is not my portion. And to the glory of God, I delivered before I was taken into the theater, the God of the Hebrew women appeared in the hospital and saved me from CS.

Then she would drop seed on the altar and leave.

The problem here is that there are other women who are seated in that congregation that gave birth through CS, how would they feel hearing that kind of testimony, does it mean that their own God is dead, are these ones better than them, is giving birth through CS an abomination, why not just thank God for safe delivery and drop the mic without condemning CS?

Some Africans are gullible.

1 Like

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Mummyfour(f): 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
Klass99:

This sounds brutal and painful. I hope you and yours are all doing well now? And please tell me you're done birthing children, because the kind of wear and tear on the body in this post alone no be here ooo.
Awwww☺️☺️ thank you so much for your concern. I truly appreciate it.

I am done giving birth. I had my last babies, my twins 15 years ago.

I had my second baby through normal delivery and like I said women go through a lot from both sides. So it takes an ignorant human being to start doing comparison.

I was in labour for almost 12 hours for my second child and because I had done C section 3 years before, the doctors were hesitant to do the procedure or even induce me.
But long story short, baby came out when we were almost loosing hope.

She came out on the hospital bed in the room where I was being closely monitored and not even in the theater. 😂😂
What mothers see in the theater eh! Even devil sef go dey pity them

3 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Xcelinteriors(f): 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
Yettttttunde:
Iam 37 now at 27 I did cs wen I gave birth to my first child ,I was stigmatized by my own husband and i felt very bad about it.he told me that his sister's have never done anything like that wen they were birthing children I felt so bad and angry but thank God it was successful.i gave birth to the 2nd born and 3rd born through normal delivery.God took control.inhave stopped.let me take care of the beautiful 3 that God gave to me.
You are a very strong woman please don't let anyone ever make you feel less. I know he can't even endure the pain of carrying the pregnancy alone let alone going through CS
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by 1Sharon(f): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
Don't mind them. Nigerians have a phobia of surgery in general.
Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by IkePeters(m): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
Is it stated on the childs birth certificate "CS" or Vaginal Delivery"? Clearly not.

Such insensitivity is essentially due to ignorance, illiterateracy and myopism and this should be called out at every point.

We can't be having such primitive conversations in this era of advanced Breakthroughs in Medical technology, Artificial Intelligence etc

MrsTwrite:

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by prettysassygirl(f): 1:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
On top I must give birth naturally, many women in Nigeria and even babies have died. We can't control everything in life, you can't control the position of the baby in your womb.

2 Likes

Re: Some People Talk Carelessly. by Poll23: 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
DenreleDave:

Does women mock women that gave birth through Cs again?

If it is true, then women are the most thoughtless being in the womanhood of the universe... Like who makes a mockery of such

This is the first time I'm hearing this in my life ooo

Same thing here... mocking women that gave birth through CS ke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What causes delay in conception? / Maternity Hospitals/clinics In Lagos! / Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.