Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Marriage Is Overrated - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Is Overrated (5752 Views)

Do You Think Virginity Is Overrated??? / The Most Overrated African Women In Terms Of Beauty? / Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Overrated by 9jafreak: 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I would have agreed with some things you said had you not made the comment about the OP coming/being from and unhappy/broken home. If you don't share the same opinion as the OP, then jut say that--there was no need to say that about the Op, especially if you know nothing of her life and family. All you've done is showed that you're bias towards this this topic. Even if she did come from a broken/unhappy home, that doesn't necessarily mean that she would have such feelings towards marriage. I don't come from a broken or unhappy home yet I share similar sentiments as the OP.

My apologies for my earlier assumption: I made it because it seems to hold true in the majority of cases I have counselled. But the other possibilities exist within the limits I provided: Girls/Guys with bad relationships just give up on everything, changing sexualities, or pure wantonness or youthful lusts.

Marriage is NOT compulsory. Not even according to the Bible. It is the reason a man/woman chooses to do so that counts.

In most cases, it is because they have thrown away all forms of decency and morality.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by InkedNerd(f): 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2011
9jafreak:

My apologies for my earlier assumption: I made it because it seems to hold true in the majority of cases I have counselled. But the other possibilities exist within the limits I provided: Girls/Guys with bad relationships just give up on everything, changing sexualities, or pure wantonness or youthful lusts.

Marriage is NOT compulsory. Not even according to the Bible. It is the reason a man/woman chooses to do so that counts.

In most cases, it is because they have thrown away all forms of decency and morality.

Can you please elaborate on that last line?
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2011
Extremely overrated.

Some people want to die all in the name of answering Mr. and Mrs.

Better to stay alive and enjoy your life than be living in bondage all in the name of marriage.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by AZeD1(m): 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2011
Agree with the OP,
mystiqueem:

In fairness the OP did start with: I'm not married so what I say here is not conclusive,

Personally, I think the PRESSURE to settle, is the problem.
When one takes time to search for the ONE, every other thing just falls into place.

MY OPINION  grin cheesy cheesy
I believe thats what the OP means
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by duduspace(m): 12:50am On Oct 16, 2011
What kinda marriage exactly is being referred to here?

1. Monogamous or polygamous?
2.The one that is for life or the one where you can divorce?
3. The one where I have to move out of the family house if I have irreconcilable differences with my partner or the one where I can chuck my wife's suitcases out if she burns my food?
4. Any other permutation and combination of order or disorder that I can't even begin to imagine.

Blanket statements like this are asinine and indicate no depth of thought whatsoever, life is too complex for such oversimplification.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by HISchild: 1:12am On Oct 16, 2011
Virtually each situation would be different, only GOD knows all.

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.” - Hebrews 13:4
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by MMM2(m): 1:47pm On Oct 16, 2011
op yea is good 2 be single
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by Fickle(f): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2011
M M M:

op yea is good 2 be single

o yea! then stop nyashn
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by emmatok(m): 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2011
The-same lady claiming Marriage Is Overrated might end-up snatching another woman's husband e.g Mercy J

Vary soon we go hear say Child bearing Is Overrated.

Na Nairaland we dey.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by Ranoscky(m): 5:46am On Oct 17, 2011
Fickle:

o yea! then stop nyashn
Som1 that nyashes, doesnt mean he or she double.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by Sagewood: 5:50am On Oct 17, 2011
It is a matter of choice. If u like don't marry or have babies, just your business.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated by Youngpo413: 5:01am On Oct 19, 2014
Amya:
@sexkills . . .oooooh how i love promiscuity!

no wonder...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No / I Don't Have Feelings For Boyz Again, But Im Nat A Lez Oooooo / Guys Staring At Their Girl's Facial Expressions During ..........why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.