Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,038 members, 7,814,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT (21609 Views)

Why Tinubu Defeated Atiku, Obi And Why God Didn't Interfer - Pastor Abel Damina / 'Get More Guns' - MC Oluomo Asking His Opponents (Video) / How Sen. Bukola Saraki Defeated His Father And Sent His Sister Out Of Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by kennethesan(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2023
Even you know that tinubu DIDN'T WIN ANY STATE.

Even Tinubu knows himself and it will soon spill like fresh milk...
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Throwback: 9:03am On Aug 29, 2023
Boyooosa:

No you can't
The law states that, to emerge as the winner, you must win in not less than two third states (25) of the country

Yes you can.

You only need to have the highest votes of all the contestants, even if you did not win any particular state or geopolitical zone. As long as you play a strong 2nd or 3rd to all the other different candidates who secured 1st, your own total votes can be the highest.

Secondly, to meet the requirement of national spread, you need to have a minimum of 25% in 2/3 of (all states and FCT). All states and FCT is 37 federation units, so getting at least 25% in 25 federation units will surpass the 2/3 mark.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by idanone(m): 9:05am On Aug 29, 2023
taylor88:
Defeated keh grin

Oga heaven and earth knows that Tinubu didn’t get upto 2,000 votes in the entire Rivers State

And those 2,000 votes are from Yorubas in PH

I can single handedly tell you no single person likes Tinubu in Rivers State not even Wike

Wike only did what he did so he can be on a safer side make Atiku no win show am shege

Bastards
2000 vote is too much for tinubu in rivers state
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Wickedlywicked: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2023
Mynd44:
If you add Rivers, Sokoto and Kaduna to this tally, the positions will stay similar too.

This is why a knowledge of statistics is important

And as I said once, you can lose the election in every state and still win the presidential election as long as the other candidates split the votes
PLs tell them o. How would a politician believe he could win the Nigerian presidential election without his votes spreading across both the southern and Northern parts of the country? You won just in only the southern part where you come from and without winning a single state in the other and the more populous part and you want to be sworn in as president?
Though Peter didn’t and still doesn’t claim he won the election, his claim is that Tinubu, his nightmare, should not have been allowed to contest grin It’s his legion of airhead support base that are claiming to know more than the chief loser himself__they claim he won when he himself thinks otherwise.
It’s Atiku I pity most in all this, Obi did him dirty big time grin grin
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Manfromlasvegas(m): 9:07am On Aug 29, 2023
The election was won and lost, the moment obi and atiku/kwankwanso did not merge before the election. Obi alone and atiku alone had no path to victory. This has been clear to every objective observer. I admit fully that the election was fraught with distinct electoral malpractices ------ this is similarly clear to every objective observer, however even with a freer and fairer process it is incredible improbable to have a different outcome. Individually non of the opposition had the numbers, but if perhaps they had merged? Aha! We would be talking.

Do you think we would have had the same outcome if in 2015 the opposition had not merged their individual aspirations for collective goals? Obi and Atiku goofed by not forming an alliance before the election, the kind of which tinubu is famous for. Present that alliance, no amount of electoral discombobulation would have snatched victory from their assured grip.
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by jaxxy(m): 9:07am On Aug 29, 2023
he did not defeat anybody except Kwankwaso because he came distant 3rd. grin undecided

unconstitutional inec select
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by ChristineC: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2023
keep fooling yourself
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by kadreeG7(m): 9:08am On Aug 29, 2023
franchasofficia:

Every right thinking human being knew Tinubu did not win the election.

To start with, the margin Obi used to win Tinubu in Lagos alone was more than 400,000 votes but APC and INEC manipulated and reduced the margin drastically to make it insignificant.

Obi won Rivers state landslide, Wike changed the entire result for Tinubu and Nigerians are here hailing open criminality done in Rivers.

Obi won Benue and Plateau with great margins, INEC did the same magic.

Obi got more than 25% in Borno State, APC and INEC changed it.

May God and nature reward all of you who celebrate this open robbery and cheating that INEC, APC and federal government did to Obi, and may Tinubu regime never succeed, may it continue to be chaos and troubles upon troubles if Obi was cheated by INEC and FG, but if Tinubu truly won, may you all flourish and may Tinubu regime flourish too.

Finish the curse biko. The curse is one-sided nah.... if Tinubu truly won may Obi never succeed, may it continue to be chaos and troubles upon troubles for him.
Why will you decide to curse one and decide to leave the other.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by garfield1: 9:08am On Aug 29, 2023
franchasofficia:

To start with, the margin Obi used to win Tinubu in Lagos alone was more than 400,000 votes but APC and INEC manipulated and reduced the margin drastically to make it insignificant.

Obi won Rivers state landslide, Wike changed the entire result for Tinubu and Nigerians are here hailing open criminality done in Rivers.

May God and nature reward all of you who celebrate this open robbery and cheating that INEC, APC and federal government did to Obi, and may Tinubu regime never succeed, may it continue to be chaos and troubles upon troubles if Obi was cheated by INEC and FG, but if Tinubu truly won, may you all flourish and may Tinubu regime flourish too.

Obi at the tribunal never showed that he won Lagos by 400k.obi at court said he won benue by 29000.he never brought proof concerning borno
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Peppysco: 9:09am On Aug 29, 2023
franchasofficia:

One thing about you all is that, you all brandish figures publicly without any evidence to back it up. Obi won this state or that, prove it in court or even for here, una nor get evidence, nor be to explain tire una dey so?
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Throwback: 9:10am On Aug 29, 2023
Stanweezy:

I tire ooo, I'm surprised to see him reply to this thread, are u sure he isn't the one that posted that with another moniker.

Mynd44 I will advise u to use another moniker to air out ur mind the way it suits u but use ur known moniker in neutrality

What was wrong with his statement on the statistics of an election based on the result already officially released by the authorised umpire?

What is also wrong with his further insight that in a multiple candidate election, the candidate with the highest votes does not even need to win any state to acquire the highest votes?

What exactly is wrong with him giving mathematical and statistical insight?

The surprise is actually your own opinion. Maybe you think Moderators of the different sections of Nairaland don't create topics or don't comment on topics created by others?

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Throwback: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2023
blaise26abj:

Before the elections I travelled to 3 northern states and I knew immediately that Obi would lose . I voted for him regardless for my conscience .

LP had zero structures in the core northern states . It was just PDP and APC I just Dey see . Even in remote villages . There was no way Obi could penetrate those places with LP .

I remember that an Obidient also created a topic to express his fears about Obi's potential performance in the core North just some few qeeks to the election. He even advised the team to make quick improvements to their Northern penetration strategy.

Some deluded Obidients in the South, think as they love Obi in their villages and campaign for him at the alter and pulpit of their churches, so was it in the North.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by EmmyDJourno: 9:19am On Aug 29, 2023
Stupid post, supporting who is doing Balablu on your destiny, mtchewww
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Thegoodone13(m): 9:21am On Aug 29, 2023
Throwback:

Wide margin like how he was stuck on 1% in many Northern Muslim state?

Even Obi is not as delusional as his supporting mob of zombies.

The whole world know Obi is a joker.

I expect the tribunal to totally disqualify him and take away even the 6m votes he got as an illegitimate candidate of Labour Party.

. Can we see President Tinubu report card in south South and South East?
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by obrian888: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2023
taylor88:
Defeated keh grin

Oga heaven and earth knows that Tinubu didn’t get upto 2,000 votes in the entire Rivers State

I can single handedly tell you no single person likes Tinubu in Rivers State not even Wike

Wike only did what he did so he can be on a safer side make Atiku no win show am shege

Bastards

God bless you, let the fool who wrote this nonsense be hyping himself, Tifnubu did not even get 200k votes in Lagos, yes Wike did what he did to finish Atiku, that was why he was undecided until the very last mniute when he resolved that Tinubu is his best card. people who don't know politics should not be writting rubbish for people to read and mislead them. FYI Tifnubu is going out come September, Obi is coming, believe it or not is your business.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Judolisco(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2023
taylor88:
Defeated keh grin

Bastards
take d rivers vote then...obi no go still win oga
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Throwback: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Get your facts correct, Atiku has only had six unsuccessful attempts, not seven - 1993, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019, and 2023

Yes I know.

Go back and read what I wrote.

He has had 8 attempts, only 2 were successful as running mate, while the other 6 were unsuccessful either as party aspirant or party candidate.

I even put all the dates there.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Ahigbo1: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2023
When it's crystal clear that the election was massively rigged, you're bringing some inconsistent statistics. These children have no shame eh

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Throwback: 9:26am On Aug 29, 2023
obrian888:

God bless you, let the fool who wrote this nonsense be hyping himself, Tifnubu did not even get 200k votes in Lagos, yes Wike did what he did to finish Atiku, that was why he was undecided until the very last mniute when he resolved that Tinubu is his best card. people who don't know politics should not be writting rubbish for people to read and mislead them. FYI Tifnubu is going out come September, Obi is coming, believe it or not is your business.

You are the one that counted Tinubu votes in Lagos and gave him under 200k votes?

Why do you guys like to hallucinate?

Why didn't Obi or Atiku show how Tinubu got only 200k votes or less when arguing their case,at the tribunal?

I reckon you are also one of those who hallucinate that Obi scored 1m in Lagos and Plateau?

Why didn't Obi's lawyers prove those hallucinations?

We are not here to hallucinate like Obi's zombies.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by topsy1971: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2023
The tribunal members are not dullards like the Mumudients and Obi supporters. They know that Obi can never win presidential election if it's conducted one million times. They will not even afford to waste public resources by recommending a rerun.
Tinubu will do his first four years, and do another four years.
He will now pave the way for a Northerner to appreciate their support.
Mumudients are caged forever.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by poiZon: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2023
taylor88:
Defeated keh grin

Bastards
I can also tell u that those PAs wike appointed, was it 50thousand of them and mandated to deliver votes for his chosen candidates would have atleast given tinubu 2 or 3 votes depending how many benefactor he or she has.
So those 50k PAs would have delivered 150k votes to Tinubu via wike.

Meanwhile I didn't support Either of tinubu nor obi, my 1 useless vote was for ATIKU.
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Throwback: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2023
Decarbonisation:

Tinubu did not win the election

You are a stinking and lying vacuous troglodyte.

If Tinubu did not win, na Kwankwaso win the election?

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Decarbonisation: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2023
WorldRichest:

No kill yourself over nothing. Even your Giringori Obituary and his master Atikulation Abubakar the Cameroonian bisexual did not tell the Presidential Election Tribunal that they won, they both said they want Emilokan Tinubu to be disqualified, that's all. That is why Atikulation Abubakar run to the US Court even after the Presidential Election Tribunal has closed tendering or receiving of evidences

Onikuuuure, aja lo ma je idi baba e!

Brainless twerp.
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Decarbonisation: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2023
Throwback:

If Tinubu did not win, na Kwankwaso win the election?

You are a stark moro.n, and you will never get it.
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Throwback: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2023
bluefilm:

What of the 25% in FCT?

The rule is about national spread of votes and the totality of Nigeria is the sample population.

FCT is part of Nigeria just as all the states are part of Nigeria.

25% in 2/3 of all states and FCT.

That is 25% in 2/3 of Nigeria.

Since Nigeria is made up of States and FCT.

So that is 37 federation units.

FCT is not singled out for the criteria. It cannot be captured with the state terminology so it has to be mentioned as an addition just as all students in Nigeria know Nigeria is curently 36 States and FCT.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by aswani(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2023
franchasofficia:
Bro listen, my own polling unit was changed.

I voted, stayed and counted all the 3 PU's in my estate and copied their results before going back home, alas, on iREV, it was changed, only one of the PU's result remained the same and that was the PU with the least total vote cast.

This is no secret

A very close family member was the person in charge of representing LP at LGA collation center, they ditched the real results and was recording a fabricated result, he raised alarm, some APC thugs there warned him that if he dare again that he will be dealt with mercilessly, he continued before three Police officers came to him and warned him not to cause any chaos at the collation center or else that he will be picked. He told them that but the results they are recording for LP is not correct, the Police officers told him that he ought to know that's politics, and that this state Lagos is APC's stronghold. He had to walk away angrily.

Please don't act ignorant of these things. The margin was so wide, reason Lagos APC, Sanwo-olu and co went mad during the Gubernatorial election to stop what happened during presidential

The question I asked is why would President Tinubu rig to lose his own state, albeit marginally, when he could have rigged to win?

That there were incidents of electoral malpractice all over the country is not in dispute. It has always been and nothing would change for now.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Throwback: 9:42am On Aug 29, 2023
Decarbonisation:

You are a stark moro.n, and you will never get it.

Yes I can never get delusions or hallucinations.

Even Donald Trump who lost also believed he won reelection and was threatening even his own government appointees to go with his own delusional claims but they all refused.

Till today, he is still deluded that he won reelection.

It is a global phenomenon.

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by BreconHills(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2023
Mynd44:
If you add Rivers, Sokoto and Kaduna to this tally, the positions will stay similar too.

This is why a knowledge of statistics is important

And as I said once, you can lose the election in every state and still win the presidential[i] election as long as the other candidates split the votes[/i]

Thank you
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 29, 2023
Did Tinubu win Rivers State?
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by nairamaniac: 9:51am On Aug 29, 2023
Ofunaofu:

You forgot to add that he achieved that feat criminally by grabbing it, stealing it and running away with it
U forgot to include *in collusion with the federal might*.

He would never have succeeded without Buhari being an Apc member.
Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Christistruth03: 9:52am On Aug 29, 2023
Peter Obi didn't score 25% in any Muslim State

Which is not a Surprise as he declared Religious War on them because of ordinary Elections that will come and go

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT by Kusu12: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2023
Tinubu the great tactician, the master strategist, the slayer and tormentor of Obidots and Dubia landlord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apology And Correction On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP - Premium Times / Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company / Peter Obi Sent Me On Drug Mission - "Chinenye Ezewuzie Confessed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.