Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,047 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? (3103 Views)

10 State With Best Road Network In Nigeria / Sanwo-Olu Opens 11 Road Network, Health Centre In Bariga (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Flags Off Victoria Island-Oniru 1.8KM Road Network – Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Obaaderemi2: 6:40am On Aug 29, 2023
Winner90:
isn't this the Ibadan you talk about? Where is the "road network" they use to access their house? Everything isn't about promotion.
You people talk as if you don't have brains. Is that the whole of Ibadan? That's just a section of the city. Despite all the threads you have opened to denigrate Ibadan, threads on which you always lose, shouldn't you have seen by now that outside Lagos and Abuja only a handful of cities come close to Ibadan and none is in eastern Nigeria.
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by ruggedtimi(m): 6:41am On Aug 29, 2023
Who dey place enugu above ph...

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Broveens42(m): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2023
Op is even confused. Road network includes connectivity from a street to a main road. Your topic seem more like states with the best federal/main road.

The cities in Nigeria with the best road network is Abuja and owerri.
Just like you have a long stretch from gimbia street to police Hqt in Area 11 Abuja, that's how you have a long stretch from Area U Owerri to control post.

Like you have a stretch from Apo to Central area Abuja, that's how you have a long stretch from mbgirichi/obinze to wetheral owerri

Just like you have many bypasses from Port Harcourt road to inner streets and owerri cental area , that's how you have bypasses at airport road, Abuja

5 Likes

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by checky619: 7:08am On Aug 29, 2023
The moment I saw Lagos as number one I knew this thread was off, Lagos has one of the worst road network in Nigeria. Abuja has the best. Thank you

Before you start talking, I was born and brought up in Lagos, Ikeja to be precise and I’m still living in Lagos. Lagos road network is trash

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Ricci22: 7:09am On Aug 29, 2023
I don’t know what’s the problem with these guys. Do u even travel?
Best in the list

Abuja
Ugo
Lagos
PH
Kano and the rest,,,,,deal with it

Richest States

Lagos
Riviera state and the rest because FCT is not included since is the seat of power
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Broveens42(m): 7:17am On Aug 29, 2023
Owerri has the best road network.
You can connect mcc to egbu through 4 routes all tarred.
You can connect new owerri to old owerri through more than 4 routes
You can connect world bank to pH road, through 5 routes
You can connect wetheral to ikenegbu through more than 4 routes
You can connect Douglas to wetheral through more than 4 routes
You can connect orji to onitsha road through seleaf Johnson or through bank road
You can connect works layout to okigwe road through more than 4 routes.
You can connect orlu road to egbeada through more than 2 routes
You can connect orlu road to works layout through more than 2 routes
You can connect orji to mcc through more than 2 routes. Etc
All tarred

So stop showing us a single main road

2 Likes

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Burruchaga71(m): 7:48am On Aug 29, 2023
Winner90:
isn't this the Ibadan you talk about? Where is the "road network" they use to access their house? Everything isn't about promotion.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Please I don't want to laugh..
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Web2020: 7:53am On Aug 29, 2023
Ops, it is obvious you don't know the meaning of road network. There is quite a difference between 'best roads' and best 'road network' If the latter is actually what you meant, remove Lagos from there
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:01am On Aug 29, 2023
Broveens42:
You can connect orji to onitsha road through seleaf Johnson or through bank road
All tarred

This describes exactly what I thought good road network was all about. Not one long tarred road that everyone has to sleep on traffic to get to their destination with no by pass. I thought a city with a good road network should have good road connectivity where you can always drive off the major road into the streets and still find your way. Lagos roads run from one far end to another making people go round the whole city to get to their destination. Even here in Enugu driving around his easy because you can cut of at any point and still get to your destination. One doesn't always need to follow bthe traffic if you are not a commercial driver.
Nigerians sha deserve the leaders they have. Always hyping them for doing not even uptonthe bare minimum.

2 Likes

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by igwebuike01: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2023
Road network is different from beautiful roads. Aba has the best road network. Every part of Aba is connected with a network of inner street roads even in low income neighborhood

4 Likes

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by igwebuike01: 8:11am On Aug 29, 2023
Omoawoke2:
10. Akure

Small city with nice roads
I'm seeing open gutters on a major road. Is it always Lagos vs SE? Is it bad if other SW cities become like Lagos?
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by franchasofficia: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2023
Should be:

Abuja

Uyo

Enugu

Calabar

Owerri

Kano

Victoria Island & Ikoyi
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by igwebuike01: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
You people talk as if you don't have brains. Is that the whole of Ibadan? That's just a section of the city. Despite all the threads you have opened to denigrate Ibadan, threads on which you always lose, shouldn't you have seen by now that outside Lagos and Abuja only a handful of cities come close to Ibadan and none is in eastern Nigeria.
Lol, Ibadan that has no street into people's houses?
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by igwebuike01: 8:19am On Aug 29, 2023
Web2020:
Ops, it is obvious you don't know the meaning of road network. There is quite a difference between 'best roads' and best 'road network' If the latter is actually what you meant, remove Lagos from there
Thank you. Enugu and Aba are unbeatable in road network. They pay much attention to all inner roads

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by dreamxhaser: 8:50am On Aug 29, 2023
This list is fake
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Kingof2nations(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2023
Omoawoke2:

I don’t know which place in west Africa has more sophisticated road network than Lagos state

I think you problem is tribalism. You have problem with only southwest. And yet you all run to southwest

See a video on the beauty of Ibadan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIi_OrV_16A

Someone gave his own opinion or could do is start accusing him of tribalism
Somehow
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Obaaderemi2: 9:02am On Aug 29, 2023
igwebuike01:

Lol, Ibadan that has no street into people's houses?
Lol, you must have confused Ibadan with Onitsha where people roll into their houses on balls of akpu. grin
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by 90dbest: 9:04am On Aug 29, 2023
Broveens42:
All tarred

Na you get time for Yoruba propaganda. People that hardly travel out of their local enlave, and think that Nigeria starts and ends in Lagos. That's why they can't see how underdeveloped their region is Nigeria. Local champion.

5 Likes

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Abagworo(m): 9:08am On Aug 29, 2023
How do we define a city? Only Lagos and Abuja are probably the cities in Nigeria and Abuja has by far better road network than Lagos. If we mean large urban settlements I'd go for Owerri as the city with all round best road network. If the poster means urban areas with the largest and most sophisticated road infrastructure then Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Uyo in that order.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by KwuoteYourFada: 9:09am On Aug 29, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Lol, you must have confused Ibadan with Onitsha where people roll into their houses on balls of akpu. grin
The funny thing is you know he's saying the truth grin

Tell me the road network ya seeing here cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh5olGRjAkY?si=nV0tZFOCv2MdBf0f

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by xcosent(m): 9:09am On Aug 29, 2023
igwebuike01:
Road network is different from beautiful roads. Aba has the best road network. Every part of Aba is connected with a network of inner street roads even in low income neighborhood
Correct...Aba has one of the best road network in Nigeria,just that it's not motorable

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Obaaderemi2: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

The funny thing is you know he's saying the truth grin

Tell me the road network ya seeing here cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh5olGRjAkY?si=nV0tZFOCv2MdBf0f

That's just a part of Ibadan.
And I ask you again, does your brain tell you a whole city can look like that? No eastern city is better than Ibadan. You know it's true.

States with the worst road network https://saharareporters.com/2021/06/30/top-7-states-worst-road-networks-nigeria%E2%80%94-report Abia and Anambra make this unhallowed list, unlike Oyo state. grin

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Broveens42(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2023
igwebuike01:

Aba has the best inter street network or grid system of streets. Overall best road network means how a long stretch of main roads are linked to street roads and with the streets having good internal connectivity. I can go all and all for owerri.

Owerri has the best road network in Nigeria

From orlu road you can connect ohi through more than 2 routes
You can connect orlu road to amakohia through more than 3 routes
You can connect trans-egbu to egbu road through more than 3 routes
You can connect shell camp to orlu road
You can connect shell camp to okigwe road
You can connect shell camp to seleaf Johnson
You can connect okwu uratta to IMSU through more than 3 routes
You can connect Douglas to Nekede poly road through more 2 routes
You can connect FUTO to portharcourt road
You can connect FUTO to Nekede to Douglas
You can connect orji to Owerri north Secretariat
You can connect owerri North Secretariat to Toronto.
Etc

2 Likes

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by KwuoteYourFada: 9:29am On Aug 29, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
That's just a part of Ibadan.
And I ask you again, does your brain tell you a whole city can look like that? No eastern city is better than Ibadan. You know it's true.

States with the worst road network https://saharareporters.com/2021/06/30/top-7-states-worst-road-networks-nigeria%E2%80%94-report Abia and Anambra make this unhallowed list, unlike Oyo state. grin

Which road network are you seeing here cheesy

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:41am On Aug 29, 2023
I doubt op sabi wetin be road network, so that ajah to vi traffic na road network to you??
Uyo, Enugu, Osogbo, Calabar, Ibadan, Abuja are the only roads I know.
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Clashhh1: 9:44am On Aug 29, 2023
angry
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Broveens42(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2023
Abagworo:
How do we define a city? Only Lagos and Abuja are probably the cities in Nigeria and Abuja has by far better road network than Lagos. If we mean large urban settlements I'd go for Owerri as the city with all round best road network. If the poster means urban areas with the largest and most sophisticated road infrastructure then Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Uyo in that order.

The poster meant cities with most sophisticated road. And most of them or if not all, are federal roads.
Respect to Owerri with best road network in Nigeria. I could go on and on to list them if anyone challenges

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by BeijinDossier: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2023
Gworo man stop mentioning Owerri whenever cities are mentioned. Owerri is a disjointed disorganized unplanned glorified village without one signature infrastructure. Even aba is better than Owerri in terms of good roads. Owerri

Abagworo:

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by BeijinDossier: 10:42am On Aug 29, 2023
Owerri is a slum and a glorified village with no decent infrastructure. Even aba has better roads than Owerri. This is Owerri. You imo people should stop embarrassing igbos. Don’t ever mention Owerri when cities are mentioned

Armaggedon:
Abuja, Enugu, Uyo and Owerri and KanoLol at Lagos, Ibadan and Akure.

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Mikespecialone(m): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2023
Omoawoke2:

But you all live in southwest.

Are you sure you are mentally okay?

The thread is about most cities with best road network in Nigeria. But you have to squeeze in your hate, bitterness and negative energy to the thread.

Aren’t you ashamed of yourself that you carry darkness everywhere you go.

Same southwest you say is unlivable is where you all live to make a living. And you think you aren’t cursed?

Same people calling Lagos a no mans land
Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by BeijinDossier: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2023
Owerri has the worst roads and Owerri is equally fully of dilapidated infrastructures. Owerri is an unplanned village

franchasofficia:
Should be:

Abuja

Uyo

Enugu

Calabar

Owerri

Kano

Victoria Island & Ikoyi

Re: Cities With The Best Road Network In Nigeria. Do You Agree? by BeijinDossier: 10:49am On Aug 29, 2023
Owerri is an unplanned slum. Owerri should be demolished and rebuilt

Broveens42:
All tarred

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chavez And Ahmedinejad: World Political Comedians / Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail / Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.