Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,820 members, 7,834,751 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow (20716 Views)

Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? / My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage / I Made A Widow Smiled Last Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Jackson619007: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2023
There is a prevalence of immoral behavior in various locations.
Too bad.
Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Samogloby: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2023
This is serious ooo.
Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by MrDoGood(m): 11:54am On Aug 29, 2023
They're mad

Let's assume it's their daughter, will they be happy?
Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by qtx(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
Try that with my family, my spirit will form a voltron and be on rampage taking down anyone who messes up. shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by AllBlack: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
Bigseven:
Why Africans especially Nigerians are fond of this? That’s wickedness fa

be specific. Ibo people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Omoluabi16(m): 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2023
I'm glad that even Igbos are now kicking against some of these barbaric customs. It is even the women that carry out these vicious acts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by clinician2x: 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2023
Reality3080:
Same shit that happened to my cousin that made my father vow he would never allow anyone of us to marry from another tribe

They will just use the line “na so we dey do for our side” take cripple u n they will have their way with whatever madness they want, the little way u can have is to go to court which is a long thing

Like seriously I don’t support marrying from other tribes, even from my tribe self I still fear some people

Shebi when someone marries from your tribe, they stand a chance of similar experience abi?

1 Like

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by FireUpNow(m): 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2023
Evil family members. Wicked souls

1 Like

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Wickedfacts: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2023
Igbo women behave worse than animals. They are always maltreating those around them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by STEWpid(f): 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2023
Reality3080:
Same shit that happened to my cousin that made my father vow he would never allow anyone of us to marry from another tribe

They will just use the line “na so we dey do for our side” take cripple u n they will have their way with whatever madness they want, the little way u can have is to go to court which is a long thing

Like seriously I don’t support marrying from other tribes, even from my tribe self I still fear some people

Did you read the text at all?

Both of them are from the same place in Anambara.

Chai..

1 Like

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by kingthreat(m): 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2023
Creamypie:
East. My guy here in asaba has 3 girls. His would be only male died at birth.has 2 businesses, with 2 deupexes and 1upstair. His brothers are incharge of his 3 businesses, a petrol station and dredging business. I know from their faces, they wish he remains male less and probably he dies, so they will chase with wife and kids away. if Genevieve dare marry, her husband family go just take over her mansion in Lagos and estate at abuja. As women no get any say for Shariah law na so east be, but they of woman na wealthy woman on her , them go still scheme 2 take her properties from her, if she no smart

This your talk is deep ooo. The guy has a choice to will his properties to his family sharp sharp. They can jazz him anytime.

3 Likes

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Tochj(m): 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2023
Angelfrost:
At what point will the Senate and Judiciary of this country critically look into the dehumanization and maltreatment of widows, especially in certain notorious regions (they know themselves)??! Regions that still compel widows to drink water used in bathing their husbands' corpses, while forcefully shaving their hair.

We ought to have strict laws against such nonsense... Since the royal and traditional rulers don't have the decency or balls to enact and enforce laws against this rubbish, state governors and the Senate should step in.
This is the main job of the
Ministry of women affairs
Maltreatment of widows is satanic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Reality3080: 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2023
STEWpid:

Did you read the text at all?

Both of them are from the same place in Anambara.

Chai..
I guess u didn’t read d part I wrote that I even fear people from my tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by gabbytabby: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2023
Granted Igbo May be no 1 but closely followed by Ekiti and Ondo

GodSaklek:
This act of wickedness toward widows is common in igbo land,especially when it come to deceased property,some will even accused the widow of killing her husband,showing hatred and sheygey toward the woman and her children,another reason why some of their ladies will prefer men from outside of their culture,and those that meet and got married outside of their region will never want her husband to visit their village,SE people are too bitter,they believe they always right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Angelfrost(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2023
Tochj:
This is the main job of the
Ministry of women affairs
Maltreatment of widows is satanic

That Ministry is clearly not doing its job one bit... They are just getting paid while doing squat.

If they enforced the protection of widows and punishing of offenders, such news would have died several years ago.
Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Vacora(m): 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2023
Standard of written English is appalling. Do writers even proof read? I pity anyone who considers this as an acceptable level of proficiency. Forcefully taking any child without parental consent is kidnapping or abduction!! The headline is unnecessarily long and jarring.

1 Like

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Tochj(m): 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2023
Angelfrost:

That Ministry is clearly not doing its job one bit... They are just getting paid while doing squat.

If they enforced the protection of widows and punishing of offenders, such news would have died several years ago.
Corruption in that ministry
No be here
I watched the New minister UJU on AIT this morning
She was lamenting the rot she met
They used 100s of millions for meetings in big hotels while rural women are dying.

1 Like

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Romanoff(f): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2023
Those of you who value the family you left more than the family you started with your wife, continue. You're teaching them how to treat your wife and children if God forbid, you die untimely.

Some of you have wicked family members but some of you won't live long enough to realise this. That man would have sworn his family would protect his wife and kids if something happened to him.

See am now.

See as them treat the wife and kids of the dead man.

May God give men wisdom o.

7 Likes

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Tigaremporium: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2023
I felt for her..it was a painful sight to behold watching her narrating the way her husband died and the way she is being maltreated since her Husband demise
Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Bashirkareem31: 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2023
Think9ja:
Na mumu de marry igbo person.
Their girls full everywhere for this world de do olosho work, as for their men? They are busy developing Asian countries.

Even though she's Igbo,must she marry from her place?.

This very rubbish treatment called tradition has been going on even before she was born, yet, she couldn't look towards another state to marry, thinking they won't do it to her. Mind you, these people eat their own kind, oyibo call am cannibalism, something even dogs don't do

Spits on Obi's bald head
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Coolgent(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2023
turmacs:
Felicia Nwosu
Chinenye Nwosu
Ndiowu Orumba
Sharon Nwosu
Enumbom Ndiowu
Ify Obinabo
Ifeanyi Nwosu

Are you the Chair Person name checkers association?
Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by inumidun2010(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2023
gabbytabby:
Granted Igbo May be no 1 but closely followed by Ekiti and Ondo

Wetin ONDO PEOPLE do YOU ooo..
Seriously, this our GENERATION don't have time for such BARBARIC acts..
It's only all those CLOSE MINDED ILLITERATE that PERPETUATE such..
I'll keep saying it, as a LADY, if you find out that your INLAWS don't like you, no let LOVE BLIND YOU ooo..
Most of SUCH LADIES usually labour IN VAIN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Ofemmanu1: 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2023
turmacs:
Felicia Nwosu Chinenye Nwosu Ndiowu Orumba Sharon Nwosu Enumbom Ndiowu Ify Obinabo Ifeanyi Nwosu
Na Dem..
Dem wan go sell the innocent pikin

2 Likes

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2023
Reality3080:

Marry a good human being... Simple...

1 Like

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by jelel6: 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
Anytime I read similar stories such as this, I always wonder what our Police is there for. Obviously, they are corrupt and complicit with a tradition and society which promotes the POWERFUL over the laws of the land.

It's actually more sad that it'd have to take the Ministry of Women Affairs to retrieve children kidnapped from a parent by some bloody in-laws!

This is something any lowly police department should be able to do: no questions asked. This widow should have been able to report these inlaws to a police officer and get her children back within hours.

Nigeria's problems are so many, but in-laws kidnapping children or stealing late husband's property in broad daylight shouldn't be one of them in 2023.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by kelvindj98: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2023
Reality3080:

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Bar1941(m): 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2023
Yeeeeeeebo people are too barbaric.

They have zero respect for widows.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow by Guyman01: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
This nonsense of maltreating widows in Igbo land must stop
The Commissioner is really working hard to that effect
Women now have a place to make reports if they face maltreatment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? / My Fiancée Is An Actress, Please Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.