Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,966 members, 7,825,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan (29655 Views)

Peter Obi: Politicians Must Use Public Offices To Serve The People / Igbo Governors And Politicians Must Rise Up And Face Ghana / "Politicians Must Steal" - Rochas Okorocha (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by ruggedtimi(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2023
GeneralPula:
I learnt that Guinea president has been a president for more than 50years. How true?
cameroun not guinea...and is more than 30 not 50
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Pascal9: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2023
slimfit1:

The current politicians has perfected the art of looting untraceable. Under the military they are under sanctions so looting is difficult.
mumu abacha loot is still being returned
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by lomprico(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2023
Davicl:

Ok....I wanted to like this statement of yours 😊 but when I look up to the moniker and remember, I just shake my head.....

Those agbadorians and zombies actually know the truth but the crumbs the paymasters sprinkle on them have killed their conscience
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by ORIAYO70(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:
The best coup that can happen in Nigeria is we the citizen against the rulling class.

Gen. Sanni Abacha is dead but till today Nigeria is still going around to bring back his loot kept in different part of the world.

We Nigerians, our first mission must be against our states governors. These people are our biggest obstacles to our development. We Nigerians must wrestle the local governments full autonomy away from the states governors.

God bless you, in next 30yrs Nigeria will continue to spend Abacha loot, money he looted under military rule, anyone hailing military is either is underage or he's literally a loser. No sensible adult will support coup
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by sirray001: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2023
Iamcrazy:
I dey hungry and I wan suck breast too
F😁😁L
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by AskNgige2: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:
The best coup that can happen in Nigeria is we the citizen against the rulling class.

Gen. Sanni Abacha is dead but till today Nigeria is still going around to bring back his loot kept in different part of the world.

We Nigerians, our first mission must be against our states governors. These people are our biggest obstacles to our development. We Nigerians must wrestle the local governments full autonomy away from the states governors.

Eggxactly
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by AskNgige2: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2023
dangermouse:
Democracy is the best form of government but sadly in most if not all of Africa, it is being bastardised by same politicians who don't play fair and does not have the will of the masses at heart. They always tend to suppress the will of the masses while always pleasing the colonialists to remain in power.

This is where our duties lies as Africans. Emancipation from the dictates of colonialism.

Military take over is not the solution. Everyone should rather be positively proactive in political affairs in the continent and hold any political class responsible.

Our problem is west Africa...
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

Hmmmm.....the loot of one single governor pass Abacha loot, fa!
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by noroom4cheat: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2023
One of scammers on nairaland
Collected 3k and blocked me.

JONAS, CHUKWUMA SAMUEL
Kuda Bank
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by techtalk123: 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! kang slot
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by GUNITGuy: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

What we are witnessing now are loots that cannot be traced by this Politician....
Abacha loot was kept abroad to help Nigeria sustain itself during the Period of the Sanctions .....
The kind of looting going on Post Abacha since 99 is so serious and can't be traced ....
The democracy have only created an inequality like never before even President Obama admitted to that .....
Whether you like it or not a Revolution is coming t sweep all this political class off ACCROSS WEST Africa it's inevitable
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by GUNITGuy: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
Litmus:

After wrestling it away, what next? Who will organise the cleanup of destroyed properties, what will you do with the elites you deposed, who will police - remember police will sustain losses when trying to maintain the system against your Rabble. They will be your enemy. If they stood aside during your riots/ "revolution" how would you reorganise the pay system, what's you plans for jobs, what's you plans for buisness, What will you do with those against the rabble, how will your Rabble organise fuel, food, casualties, refugees, how will you organise governing the state, who will be the leader, how would the rabble control leadership tassels, how would you handle military, what's you leadership experience, how would you handle opposition? What's you plans for dealing with international diplomacy, how would you handle the international financial system? how will you handle FATF based in France?

The above is just the small issues...

Mali, Burkina fasso, Niger are not sophisticated nations, Nigeria is a far more sophisticated and complex nation than those, whether you like it or not, or however you want to deny this to yourself.
Sophisticated what?? If Nigeria is not careful it might suffer a worse fate ......If a society allows injustice to go on for long ...Nigeria might not just plung into coup but war ...You have no idea about how tensed the situation is on ground
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by xangerar: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

Very intelligent submission. Exactly my position, but which is not too popular an opinion. The war should be between the ruling class and the people and not all these other distractions they skilfully foist on the people on the basis of religion, ethnicity and so forth.

Suddenly, there are no Local Governments in Nigeria. ALGON is gone. NULGE is gone.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by slimfit1(m): 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:
I doubt the looted funds is untraceable. The issue is that we the citizens are just too calm and this is giving them more courage to loot more.

Are we not seeing them?

True
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by andepower: 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
So you know how much some of the civilian presidents must have kept away? Only when they die, then the truths about them will come out. So be patient, for your opinion is not that legit.
madridguy:

Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by oladotunfelix2: 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
God. Bless u 🙏

madridguy:

Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Menclothing: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
Francophone countries on coup
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Zooposki(f): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
Iamcrazy:
I dey hungry and I wan suck breast too

Your mama breast no dey?
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Reference(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

And wrestle states away from a wishy washy federal government.

As one who continued to advocate for restructuring, had it been that states operated their own reserve banks the effects of the terrible borrowings will have been constrained to the centre, inflation rates will have differed across states that care
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Reference(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
Rikze:
shocked

Well said GEJ.

The politicians are responsible for the coups we see in Africa.

And what about their collaborators within the citizenry who cheer them on and give them the moral support to continue in error and fail to challenge poor or bad governance.....

Did the last government not receive vociferous and fanatical support and even when it was clear the nation was heading for the iceberg, hit it and began to sink the orchestra continued to play.

Coups are not just against government. It is one part of society saying to the other that it is fed up with mindlessness.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by King3urna(m): 4:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
dangermouse:

Don't be too sure.

Even a goat pushed to the wall turns back and bite.

In everything you have learnt in life, learn to fear the wrath of a gentle man or in this case the wrath of "lazy youths".

For how long will I read out this to my children when time comes
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by descarado: 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
Backstabber
Is he regretting his role in the just concluded election already?

Pity those who are yet to see Jonathan for who he is. Majority of us were deceived too.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Cromagnon: 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
datola:
Good Luck Jonathan has all the moral rights to preach this because he voluntarily relinquished power after losing re/election.

he din relinquish anything
He lost and den no born am well to stay

1 Like

Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

Has this account been hacked? Your Tinubu who succeeded in making csu delete their yb is the ruling class now. Or have they stopped paying you your stipend for supporting rubbish?
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
Davicl:

Ok....I wanted to like this statement of yours 😊 but when I look up to the moniker and remember, I just shake my head.....
I was shocked too
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by vowiski(m): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

Without Full LGA autonomy, Nigeria is going nowhere...

I am shocked nobody is putting pressure on this issue.

Take LGA elections away from State governors interference.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Liverpool456(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
stano2:
This man the annoy me.
If not for his cowardice and being a North pleaser, Naija for no reach this level of rot, Failure Buhari for no smell that seat.
U summarised it all.He did not act as GCFRN.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by mayo47(m): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
Nigeria will struggle to develop and grow at the grassroot level until local government become truly independent

madridguy:

Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by yeshuasfootstep(m): 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
Do I need to be repeating it?

If you choose bondage, the choice is yours.

No idiot can ride over me and go Scot free because the Passover is being celebrated since 2019.

Every Pharaoh should go get a life, because it is no longer business as usual.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by DonroxyII: 2:48am On Aug 31, 2023
madridguy:

That's why I keep saying ignorance is when armed robbers stole from Thieves & the people are rejoicing ....

Myopic people are the menace of their society

Armed Robbers wouldn't steal from Thieves & I would rejoice all of them are Thieves while one is using political Frauds the other were using Guns at last none of them really care about their people nor nation but their foreign stooges!
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Marineson(m): 5:27am On Aug 31, 2023
They never see anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stella Oduah Spotted After A Long Absence Following Her Son's Death. / Nigerians React To Buhari's Indefinite Medical Trip To London / Nnamdi Kanu To Tinubu: You've Disappointed, Disgraced The Noble Yoruba Ancestry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.