Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan (29640 Views)

Peter Obi: Politicians Must Use Public Offices To Serve The People / Igbo Governors And Politicians Must Rise Up And Face Ghana / "Politicians Must Steal" - Rochas Okorocha (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Okpokpo09: 9:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Let there be coup in Nigeria
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Nigerian military are cowards.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by seunthomas: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2023
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YoVRYsDFGY

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7821995/dont-use-political-powers-squeeze

Which people will want a millitary coup. All this indomie generation people that dont know anything will be uploading nonsense online. If you experienced millitary rule and the uncertainty it brings you wont be coming out to say all this nonsense.

Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Akaegwu(m): 9:52am On Aug 30, 2023
GeneralPula:
I learnt that Guinea president has been a president for more than 50years. How true?
Ask Bing
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by dangermouse(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2023
King3urna:

We are just talking when will we start acting including me my self na mouth we get I swear Nigerians are truly lazy not handy but mentally that's a fact quote me anywhere

Don't be too sure.

Even a goat pushed to the wall turns back and bite.

In everything you have learnt in life, learn to fear the wrath of a gentle man or in this case the wrath of "lazy youths".
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Unrated900(m): 9:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Come outside and lead.
Don't act like your boss simoen Ekpa
Who is terrorizing SE yet he is living like a king in Finland.
Make una wise up
One Nigeria only.
Quote me and kill your self

quote author=madridguy post=125453653]The best coup that can happen in Nigeria is we the citizen against the rulling class.

Gen. Sanni Abacha is dead but till today Nigeria is still going around to bring back his loot kept in different part of the world.

We Nigerians, our first mission must be against our states governors. These people are our biggest obstacles to our development. We Nigerians must wrestle the local governments full autonomy away from the states governors.

[/quote]
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by uchennamani(m): 10:00am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:
The best coup that can happen in Nigeria is we the citizen against the rulling class.

Gen. Sanni Abacha is dead but till today Nigeria is still going around to bring back his loot kept in different part of the world.

We Nigerians, our first mission must be against our states governors. These people are our biggest obstacles to our development. We Nigerians must wrestle the local governments full autonomy away from the states governors.

You are absolutely right.

The governors are the real problem.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by sonature1: 10:01am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:
The best coup that can happen in Nigeria is we the citizen against the rulling class.

If you give the local government chairpersons autonomy, they will become emperors.

Nigérians don't love Nigéria. That's the summary of Nigeria's problem.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by blesdman(m): 10:03am On Aug 30, 2023
Iamcrazy:
I dey hungry and I wan suck breast too
Hmmm
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by blesdman(m): 10:04am On Aug 30, 2023
9jahotblog:
It’s Hypocritical for Tinubu to subject Nigerians to Poverty - Pastor Tunde Bakare

Tinubu is wicked in his government, Tinubu’s government is liberal and hypocritical to subject Nigerians to Extreme poverty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJuhdz23a0?si=E6JhKq5BGQHnTBOk
This man is a problem in this country
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by madridguy(m): 10:07am On Aug 30, 2023
My brother, there will be competition and it will be very easy to rebel against them unlike governors.

sonature1:

If you give the local government chairpersons autonomy, they will become emperors.

Nigérians don't love Nigéria. That's the summary of Nigeria's problem.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by springer: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2023
Thank You Russia. Democracy is not working in some African Countries right now. Nigerians are going through hell. We dont need military junta, we need a simultaneously massive civil protests Nationwide and of course media houses must be ready to speak for the masses. APC Government is very bad
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by blesdman(m): 10:08am On Aug 30, 2023
uchennamani:

You are absolutely right.

The governors are the real problem.
More like saying we have not dealt with our homes but blaming outsiders. Everyone lives in LGs and state governments,; yet we don't hold them accountable but has all the trepidation to call out the FG everytime. That is the hypocrisy that has kept us where we are. Play local politics of holding councillors, KG chairman accountable, then see how state governors will get the message. Things are not too difficult but Nigerians love moving in circles
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Litmus: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

After wrestling it away, what next? Who will organise the cleanup of destroyed properties, what will you do with the elites you deposed, who will police - remember police will sustain losses when trying to maintain the system against your Rabble. They will be your enemy. If they stood aside during your riots/ "revolution" how would you reorganise the pay system, what's you plans for jobs, what's you plans for buisness, What will you do with those against the rabble, how will your Rabble organise fuel, food, casualties, refugees, how will you organise governing the state, who will be the leader, how would the rabble control leadership tassels, how would you handle military, what's you leadership experience, how would you handle opposition? What's you plans for dealing with international diplomacy, how would you handle the international financial system? how will you handle FATF based in France?

The above is just the small issues...

Mali, Burkina fasso, Niger are not sophisticated nations, Nigeria is a far more sophisticated and complex nation than those, whether you like it or not, or however you want to deny this to yourself.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by madridguy(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2023
Men like you are the problem of Nigeria. Are we talking about APC or Buhari here? Didn't same Buhari signed the local government autonomy bill?

Racoon:
After doing sai baba for 8 years? And you skillfully skipped out the hero you worshipped here while his disastrous reign lasted? Only the gullible will be deceived and not those of us in the know.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Morbeta11(m): 10:10am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

For the first time am agreeing with you 100%
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by 9jahotblog: 10:11am On Aug 30, 2023
blesdman:

This man is a problem in this country
All eyes 👀 on the judiciary, the judiciary should do the needful on Tinubu case in the tribunal and the Supreme Court of justice.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by madridguy(m): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2023
I guess there's mis-interpretation with the word " wrestle " I used in my comment. I never mean causing civil unrest.

Litmus:

After wrestling it away, what next? Who will organise the cleanup of destroyed properties, what will you do with the elites you deposed, who will police - remember police will sustain losses when trying to maintain the system against your Rabble. They will be your enemy. If they stood aside during your riots/ "revolution" how would you reorganise the pay system, what's you plans for jobs, what's you plans for buisness, What will you do with those against the rabble, how will your Rabble organise fuel, food, casualties, refugees, how will you organise governing the state, who will be the leader, how would the rabble control leadership tassels, how would you handle military, what's you leadership experience, how would you handle opposition? What's you plans for dealing with international diplomacy, how would you handle the international financial system? how will you handle FATF based in France?

The above is just the small issues...
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by benjaminlawson(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

I totally agreed with you Sir, our revolution to library this country must begin with our governors, right from Obadanjo time till today our governor have constituted themselves to a serious cabal, infant if we are looking for any cabal they are number one force. During minimum wage, from Obasanjo till date, you will see them complaining that they cant pay, while they enjoyed the emolument from wage and salary commission of the federation without noise, but when it come to that of masses, them no money only with exception of few of them. Nearly all of them have killed the third tear of government; the local government and sat on their allocations, the question is would they allow Federal Government to sit on their own state allocation? Let them answer it, they have turned themselves as semi god in their state to the extend that you cant become anything in this country politically without them, be it state assembly member, house rep, senate or even minister at federal level, and above all the number sit in this country, the president because they control state party structures. The question is how would just 36 people lord over more than 200 million people, we must try to proper gate ways and means by which Nigeria will be librated from their hands.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Bigshots001(m): 10:16am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

You're on point brother 👌
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Offpoint1: 10:17am On Aug 30, 2023
Ola9ja23:
Jonathan you are right on this one.

Society is changing fast.

How could someone in Finland dictate to millions of coward people to sit at home and they couldn't resist

Truly society is changing. 🤣🤣😀😂
You left the subject of discussion to something that doesn't in any way related to it.

SMH
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by sonature1: 10:17am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:
My brother, there will be competition and it will be very easy to rebel against them unlike governors.

This is FALSE. If LG chairmen get autonomy, they will become as strong as governors and get more police personnel to protect them.

Again, Nigerians don't love this country. Everyone cares about what they can take than what they can give. If we really love this country, the Nigerian law as it is now would have been working perfectly.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Shikini: 10:23am On Aug 30, 2023
Great
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Segzy19: 10:23am On Aug 30, 2023
God bless you for this submission.
The state governors are the worst enemies of the citizens. The allocation that comes from the federal government is enough to better the lives of the citizens if the state governors are prudent and not corrupt. However, everyone focuses on just one president. If the president is bad but the state governors are good, the citizens are still lucky but if the president is good or bad and the governors are bad, then the citizens will be worse off for it ..

madridguy:

Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by madridguy(m): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2023
Well, you may not be far from the truth but I repeat to rebel against such chairman will be easy.
Now, I will not be living around Alimosho and blindly vote for someone living in Isolo. I will vote for someone that i know his house and if he fails to deliver then we will vote him out.

This is the only means we will have speedy development because by then we won't be having a single party rulling a whole state.

sonature1:

This is FALSE. If LG chairmen get autonomy, they will become as strong as governors and get more police personnel to protect them.

Again, Nigerians don't love this country. Everyone cares about what they can take than what they can give. If we really love this country, the Nigerian law as it is now would have been working perfectly.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by madridguy(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2023
Amen and you too. Our states governors are just enjoying not doing anything since they know many people don't have ideal how government works so every blames is centered on Abuja.

Segzy19:
God bless you for this submission.
The state governors are the worst enemies of the citizens. The allocation that comes from the federal government is enough to better the lives of the citizens if the state governors are prudent and not corrupt. However, everyone focuses on just one president. If the president is bad but the state governors are good, the citizens are still lucky but if the president is good or bad and the governors are bad, then the citizens will be worse off for it ..

1 Like

Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by OfoIgbo: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2023
madridguy:

Sharp guy. You want us to avoid Tinubu who clearly rigged an election, and start going after local government chairmen who clearly won their elections, or were appointed by governors of their states.

The focus is on Tinubu. It makes sense to focus on the person that actually rigged himself into office, and orchestrated the most ethnically divisive electoral process in Lagos.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by madridguy(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2023
Bros, I think you seriously need a therapy to get over the last election.
You guys have been shouting rigging since but rather to provide a clear evidence of rigging in the court of law you're busy looking for something else.

Jagaban is your president and nothing you can do about that.

OfoIgbo:

Sharp guy. You want us to avoid Tinubu who clearly rigged an election, and start going after local government chairmen who clearly won their elections, or were appointed by governors of their states.

The focus is on Tinubu. It makes sense to focus on the person that actually rigged himself into office, and orchestrated the most ethnically divisive electoral process in Lagos.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by HNICEARTH: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2023
Davicl:

Ok....I wanted to like this statement of yours 😊 but when I look up to the moniker and remember, I just shake my head.....

He was only being clever by a half. He wants citizens to wrestle power from governors and fight for LG autonomy. However, he was mute on the FG-federal government.

No matter what you do, if the head is rotten, nothing good will come out of the body. Fix the FG first, then others follow.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by madridguy(m): 10:39am On Aug 30, 2023
Brilliant submission sir.

benjaminlawson:

I totally agreed with you Sir, our revolution to library this country must begin with our governors, right from Obadanjo time till today our governor have constituted themselves to a serious cabal, infant if we are looking for any cabal they are number one force. During minimum wage, from Obasanjo till date, you will see them complaining that they cant pay, while they enjoyed the emolument from wage and salary commission of the federation without noise, but when it come to that of masses, them no money only with exception of few of them. Nearly all of them have killed the third tear of government; the local government and sat on their allocations, the question is would they allow Federal Government to sit on their own state allocation? Let them answer it, they have turned themselves as semi god in their state to the extend that you cant become anything in this country politically without them, be it state assembly member, house rep, senate or even minister at federal level, and above all the number sit in this country, the president because they control state party structures. The question is how would just 36 people lord over more than 200 million people, we must try to proper gate ways and means by which Nigeria will be librated from their hands.
Re: Coup: Society Is Changing, Politicians Must Blend With Change- Goodluck Jonathan by Bigkoko: 10:39am On Aug 30, 2023
Dont forget to say hi to CSU via their Social Media handles together...... Next we move to POTUS social media handle as Joe meets the pooing drug mule!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih / Ahmed Indimi's Fake Account Balance: A Lie Or Just A Misunderstanding? - Jaaruma / Banky W Spotted Campaigning For Election From Door-to-door In Lagos (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.