Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? (11337 Views)

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World / Lagos Ranked As The Second Cheapest City In The World For Expatriates (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by DMerciful(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2023
First, it was unemployment rate that fell from 33% to 4.1% without any change in reality.

Now, it is Lagos that has moved from second worst to among the best without change in reality.

When a Southwesterner in temporarily in charge, Lagos-Ibadan expressway propaganda is deployed to the fullest.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Pandar01: 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
THIS ONE NA šŸ’Æ TRUE.

I LMOW THOSE IMBE THAT LANDED OJOTA WITH NIGHT BUS FROM THEIR DEY LAND TO LIVE , WORK AND INVEST WILL STILL CRY AGAIN..

THEY LOVE BAD NEWS AND HATE GOOD NEWS CONCERNING THE LAND YHAT FEEDS THEM AND THEIR FAMILY.
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Unperturbedpota: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
More fake stats šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Unperturbedpota: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
LagosPrince:
They've paid for this ranking ..

This is obviously a damage control after the European council ranked Lagos as the 4th worst city to live in on earth after Kyiev in war torn Ukraine in June 2023.

Exactly, don't mind the liars with their deceit that Ono one falls for anymore šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Pandar01: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
ITS A LIE .

ENUGU IS THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE, WORK, AND INVEST IN NIGERIA,

MAKE NOBODY ASK ME HOW .

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LANDING IN ENUGU, IMO, ABIA AND ANAMBRA FROM LAGOS TO LIVE , WORK AND INVEST.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

A LOT PF INVESTMENT IS GOING ON IN THOSE PLACES .

DANGOTE IS PLANING TO BUILD A REFINERY THERE

THE LAND IS NOT DRY šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

IGBO KWENU.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Ballmer: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
What did European council ranked Anambra
LagosPrince:
They've paid for this ranking ..

This is obviously a damage control after the European council ranked Lagos as the 4th worst city to live in on earth after Kyiev in war torn Ukraine in June 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by GYBABA(m): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
For working, definitely. For living (convenience) big lie. If you no get mind ehn Lagos fit frustrate nonsense & bastard commot your body.
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by slowice(m): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Lagos is probably good for working and investing but definitely not living.

I hope say no be pr job be this grin
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by dkidd: 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
Pandar01:
ITS A LIE .

ENUGU IS THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE, WORK, AND INVEST IN NIGERIA,

MAKE NOBODY ASK ME HOW .

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LANDING IN ENUGU, IMO, ABIA AND ANAMBRA FROM LAGOS TO LIVE , WORK AND INVEST.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

A LOT PF INVESTMENT IS GOING ON IN THOSE PLACES .

DANGOTE IS PLANING TO BUILD A REFINERY THERE

THE LAND IS NOT DRY šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

IGBO KWENU.

U guys are joking right? Enugu of all places ? Somewhere that's not even safe to visit?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by atobs4real(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
9jvirgin:
The worst place to live in Africa is Lagos. No electricity, No roads, No jobs, No housing, No food pantry. What a lost city.

Tinubu stole everything and installed his criminal co-travellers to continue the stealing.
Lagos is full of opportunities, it all depends on where you belong.
Check ur self

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by wunmi590(m): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2023

They are not far from the truth, alot of measure and parameters have been put in place to be able to fix in Lagos to 5th..

Lagos is a place that accommodate people, apart from the fact that the city is expensive, it a dream city for an upcomer who has a high foresight and dreams and it will definitely be achieved....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by dazzlingd(m): 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
christejames:
APC keeps churning out propaganda after propaganda
Iā€™m not sure if this is illiteracy. I am not saying the report is right or wrong but what has APC have to do with this?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by christejames(m): 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
dazzlingd:

Iā€™m not sure if this is illiteracy. I am not saying the report is right or wrong but what has APC have to do with this?

You are the illiterate and ignorant one here if you don't know the correlation between this report and APC...

This report is and offshoot of the one that debased Lagos and Nigeria economy earlier posted.

Put on your thinking cap next time.
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by NAC1666: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
JasmineJay5683:

https://businesselitesafrica.com/2023/08/30/lagos-ranked-5th-for-living-and-working-is-this-the-reality/

This same Lagos ranked as the third worst city to live in, in another report. The city is indeed a wonderful one!
What do you expect when Tinubu is the president. Ranking will always favour lagos to be able to get federal recognition.

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Inkling(f): 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
9jvirgin:
The worst place to live in Africa is Lagos. No electricity, No roads, No jobs, No housing, No food pantry. What a lost city.

Tinubu stole everything and installed his criminal co-travellers to continue the stealing.

Are you normal?

Only a lazy man will go hungry in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by NAC1666: 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
JasmineJay5683:

https://businesselitesafrica.com/2023/08/30/lagos-ranked-5th-for-living-and-working-is-this-the-reality/

This same Lagos ranked as the third worst city to live in, in another report. The city is indeed a wonderful one!

What do you expect when Tinubu is the president. Ranking will always favour lagos to be able to get federal recognition.
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Abufo: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
I have been to casablanca twice, I have been to Nairobi, Dar Elsalam and Addis Ababa once each.
First, Lagos has way more population than all these cities yet they have their own unique problems.
Casablanca being so close to Europe is probably the best of them all in terms of development but they still have bad sections of the city.
Dar Elsalam and Nairobi are not that populated and as big as Lagos. One of the biggest problems in Lagos is the population. Too many people trying to survive in such a condensed environment without adequate infrastructure.
I'll still pick Lagos over all these cities at the end of the day. The business opportunities that exists in Lagos cannot be found in these other cities.

thus is a liveability index and not potential for business profit.......no mix am up!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by seguno2: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
I have been to casablanca twice, I have been to Nairobi, Dar Elsalam and Addis Ababa once each.
First, Lagos has way more population than all these cities yet they have their own unique problems.
Casablanca being so close to Europe is probably the best of them all in terms of development but they still have bad sections of the city.
Dar Elsalam and Nairobi are not that populated and as big as Lagos. One of the biggest problems in Lagos is the population. Too many people trying to survive in such a condensed environment without adequate infrastructure.
I'll still pick Lagos over all these cities at the end of the day. The business opportunities that exists in Lagos cannot be found in these other cities.

Is the ranking about business opportunities, or about living and working conditions, such as security, healthcare, sanitation, water, mass transit etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Messileo10000: 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
AllKnowing:
LAGOS (noun):

Syn. stress. An agent which drastically lowers life expectancy.

Only a few will get this joke grin grin

Guyyyy, you bad!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by solajacobs(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
Lagos is not so bad.
Please listen to this song. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NitqS7Qc0rY?si=rf04tbRxx7OhrQm6

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by DaFuhrer(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:

Those cities you mentioned are capital city. Lagos was a capital city about 2 decades ago.
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by chaloskyx: 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2023
[img][/img]

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by yewit37486: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
9jvirgin:

Stop exaggerating abeg, every country/city has its slum areas and other negative aspects, Lagos is def not the worst place to live in Africa or even in the world.
Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by bobby007(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
9jvirgin:

and yet ur tribe relocate to lagos every night for security and economic survival, ur women relocate to lagos with 9 months pregnancy for safe delivery and mostly to have lagos state birth certificate

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Pepperoyinbo: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
JasmineJay5683:

Google is still referring to Nigeria as the Poverty Capital of the World. Where did you get this ranking?

Re: Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? by Kusu12: 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
People that can't do without Lagos, keep foaming in the mouth condemning Lagos, tell them to vacate Lagos, you will see them calling on UN to save them. Deluded and confused souls.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isa Muazu: Nigeria To Accept UK Deportee's Plane / How Do I Relocate To The Uk / Fintiri, Yari: FAAN Issues Public Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.